Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,806 comments
Hey All, I've done a bit of a CSP rework for the Terra21 version of Pudsey. You can get the track here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/56do9il1k9196b2/pudsey.rar/file

This is based on the extension INI for the other pudsey track available in the github. It's from @leBluem . I guess CSP is case sensitive so that file didn't work with this one so I changed all the materials that I needed to to upper case, and then added a bunch of stuff.

attached is my ext-config along with some screenshots and a changelog:

got rid of the fake glow objects and replaced them with CSP glows.
toned down the colored lighting on the blinking traffic lights
added lights to building windows
added lights to the gas station
made lots of windows reflective
added rainfx
added grassfx

Installation instructions:
rename the attached file from ext_config.txt to ext_config.ini
make a folder inside the track folder called "extension".
Put that ini file in there.
Enjoy!

View attachment 1061835
View attachment 1061836
View attachment 1061837
View attachment 1061839
Just gave it two quick sighting laps, looks super nice!!!

Hello,

I'm seeing a flikering big shadows around Barbagallo v1.2 With CSP 1.75

Anyone knows what is causing it?

View attachment 1061797
Thanks in advance
Just another one of the endless CSP 'quirks', at one point that whole track had like see through grass, or mirrored, like glass it was.
Now i have an issue with some cars missing wheels or windows at start of races....

I can't help...but the struggle is real... many people suffer with these issues but the majority noise is "its all great".

This has been talked before.
Nevertheless, it is an important matter that some might not aware or know. I didn't, untill the first time I read about it.

CM has this fantastic feature.
View attachment 1061833

What I want to share, is that one of my disks (where are my Steam games), was with only 90Gb (3Tb disk) of free space.

After the compression - it took 2 days and a couple of hours tho (+8000 mods) - I'm quite happy with my new free space.
From 90Gb to +1Tb.

View attachment 1061841

Just sharing, might help someone.

I use this all the time. It saves a lot of space if you don't have a secondary drive or your drive isn't big enough. (Hard drive users and people who doesn't have a good computer ,like me, beware it takes a lot of time to compress so you can leave your computer open overnight.)

Just another one of the endless CSP 'quirks', at one point that whole track had like see through grass, or mirrored, like glass it was.
Now i have an issue with some cars missing wheels or windows at start of races....

I can't help...but the struggle is real... many people suffer with these issues but the majority noise is "its all great".

Poorly made tracks and mostly old tracks cause problems. Now that creators know CSP stuff better, they can get around texture and performance issues a lot better. My opinion is that CSP is not to blame.

Last edited:
Can more people report this as it is still available on racedepartment having being reported first thing.
This is not acceptable. I've reported it 4 times now to the admins
Already done this morning, can't believe its still up, with all the comments and reporting.

the guy is really blown up !!!! he thinks that no one will notice that he is posting other people's mod !!!!

but what are RD administrators doing !!!!!

PS : Reported @marc_13000 @Blackcelica

View attachment 1061843
Untitled.png

😁 😁 😁

I have also had this alert on RD after reporting that mod:
RD Alert.png

Last edited:
just tried the toyota supra gt4 by guerilla mods, the interior is sooo bright, behind the pedals is almost white...is it because it needs vao or just simply badly made ? Or the problem is at my end ?

Just tried RT Macau. Another fine conversion. Don't know if anyone noticed but, certain palm trees...well only stems were swinging 😁, and looks like leaves and stems are not one mesh. I already fixed mine, but maybe just a heads-up for a future update.
1.jpg

btw, for moving water, taken from black cat config:
[INCLUDE: common/materials_track.ini]
WaterForceBlending=material:WATER
[Material_Water]
Materials=WATER
UseAlphaFromDiffuse=1
Type=LAKE
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES=material:WATER
DEPTH_MODE=NORMAL
IS_TRANSPARENT=0

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/243673457111563/user/100002440326943/?__cft__[0]=AZXB_oyJgrMUptaJNrDckFgYIiAtktZl_B9_UFKycAmcMzoN9VMEcm42new9z-yO5nMZrgWFitlEbf-Q8Ms1wGfXb-2kQCOLlGo52PGEDScEM1ItPAcOzFWb_znKkiOGiyrPIkaydbJ9wrPdOZjDxFmWgBqo9lRFdqq1QB3pst9eshu_B6eZmnNK4nePFg_EoSGZJlu4pKY9JQFCAr23L2PF&tn=<,P-R

Adriaan SuyMNBA Assetto Modding Group

2 h ·

[SORTIE] Porsche 992 GT3 1.01
PDK et manuel
quelques petites corrections que beaucoup de gens ont demandées.
  • police fixe d'instrument numérique de vitesse
  • réduction de l'aéro, de la poignée des pneus et de la puissance de frein
  • ratios de vitesse fixe sur PDK
  • steer lock fixe sur Manua
  • limiteur fixe de rpm
  • utiliser le bouton supplémentaire 1 et 2 pour ouvrir les portes ingame
PDK :
https://mega.nz/file/1exVwAJQ...
MANUEL :
https://mega.nz/file/ZbhXGC4Q...
JANTES DE STOCK MANUELLES (KN5 SEULEMENT)
https://mega.nz/file/5fwDGATB...
· ·
Screenshot_porsche_911_gt3_2022_spa_20-5-121-8-45-31.jpg

Last edited:
Question for the LMP1 fans: is there a model of the Audi 2009 R15 TDI with physics that can run with the @NeilB1971 LMP cars ? The model I presently have drives like a slow GT3... The Peugeot 908's blast by like it's standing still!
I will convert the one from gtr2 sr grid at some point for sure. I do have an old physics rework version of forza model. I will upload it for you once back from my holidays.

@Badgerman as full noise said: we're working on reworking them. And also @Fullnoise no it's been down i'll re-up it probably if kamil would be alright with that. If he's alright with it I'll reupload the car for everyone on kamil's rework until our version is getting worked on @Fullnoise
You have green light to provide people with all from the old stuff we made.

Though this is developing into a great mod, the 3D model for this Porsche 992 GT3 2022 needs some work. It's a little "poly-heavy" and can drop 10-15 FPS off your regular performance. There's also some smoothing issues at the top the rear fenders.

Last edited:
I use this all the time. It saves a lot of space if you don't have a secondary drive or your drive isn't big enough. (Hard drive users and people who doesn't have a good computer ,like me, beware it takes a lot of time to compress so you can leave your computer open overnight.)

Poorly made tracks and mostly old tracks cause problems. Now that creators know CSP stuff better, they can get around texture and performance issues a lot better. My opinion is that CSP is not to blame.

So CSP has no issues?
Also the biggest issue is later CSP's that creators work to so anyone using more stable CSP's can't use the tracks etc.

What is the current recommended CSP, 1.60......

Any CSP over 1.70 has boorked shadows on cars and track side objects.

Anyone knows what's happening here with the Brabham BT62 or knows how to fix this issues?

In the cockpit the display used as rear view mirror doesn't work and the driver doesn't hold the steering wheel while he's turning

acs 2021-06-22 23-06-56.png

...and the shadows are broken

acs 2021-06-22 23-07-24.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back