Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
I have used NinjaRipper to get the mesh of the Glickenhaus SCG 007 from CSR2. Currently working at converting the various bits of the mesh over to Blender. I have no idea what to do after that so may well pass it on to someone else if there are interested.
Glickenhaus.png

Though this is developing into a great mod, the 3D model for this Porsche 992 GT3 2022 needs some work. It's a little "poly-heavy" and can drop 10-15 FPS off your regular performance. There's also some smoothing issues at the top the rear fenders.
yea, unless the car can be reduced to under 300k poly, its not playable in VR. The physics is absolute crap on it, maybe I'll release an update later with proper physics.

So CSP has no issues?
Also the biggest issue is later CSP's that creators work to so anyone using more stable CSP's can't use the tracks etc.

What is the current recommended CSP, 1.60......

Any CSP over 1.70 has boorked shadows on cars and track side objects.

I didn't say it was perfect. It isn't perfect in my opinion too. But to be honest, i would prefer CSP with some issues over 7 year old graphics with no day-night transition... At least makes the game a bit enjoyable. Yes, it has some shadow issues, yes it is bad on performance etc... On the bright side though it brought a lot of features that AC needed. If you still want to argue that it brought more problems than it solved, i have nothing to say. You are entitled to your opinion.

Circuit Paul Ricard - Le Castellet 2021
FINAL UPDATE - 23/06/2021
This update is mostly not compatible with the preview skin of Blackcelica due to the lot of change.
Delete older version and install this one.
- News brake markers, new sponsors ( zoom, aramco, visit portugal, workdays pitlane, f1tv ), grandstands added and minor fixes and optimizations here and here.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_paul_ricard_2021_23-5-121-0-23-59.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_paul_ricard_2021_23-5-121-0-26-46.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_paul_ricard_2021_23-5-121-0-29-31.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_paul_ricard_2021_23-5-121-0-31-22.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_paul_ricard_2021_23-5-121-0-32-49.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_paul_ricard_2021_23-5-121-0-38-14.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_paul_ricard_2021_23-5-121-0-35-0.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_paul_ricard_2021_23-5-121-0-54-37.jpg

I didn't say it was perfect. It isn't perfect in my opinion too. But to be honest, i would prefer CSP with some issues over 7 year old graphics with no day-night transition... At least makes the game a bit enjoyable. Yes, it has some shadow issues, yes it is bad on performance etc... On the bright side though it brought a lot of features that AC needed. If you still want to argue that it brought more problems than it solved, i have nothing to say. You are entitled to your opinion.
Your making up an argument for some odd reason. I simply commented to someone else entirely regards an issue they had with a track on CSP 1.75.
I simply answered that they are not alone with issues.... not sure why you have wrongly implied i am not happy with the CSP as a game changer with the great stuff it brings....
I didn't ever say such a thing, but its a constant beta and some CSP's work better than others so it IS a shame that some cars / tracks need the higher CSP's if they have introduced new issues that break older cars / tracks etc...

This weird car shadow on 1.75 means i cant run latest SOL or some tracks...
Horrendous.
I really hope they find a fix.

20210602160035_1.jpg

Last edited:
With the new feature to generate the LODs by CM, are there any side effects of generating the LODs from mods that pass without any issues? Just click, generate and it's all right? I noticed that after the lods are generated, the main KN5 file is modified and the size is changed, what would that be?

Last edited:
View attachment 1061360

Just more of a general PSA than anything, but today might be the best day ever in AC modding history. The Plymouth Prowler, AKA the greatest car ever made, is now available for AC by PedroBLR. Not sure where it's ripped from but the model is pretty decent. So a good addition to your AI traffic or you can even drive it in a race like I did if you're insane enough.

I have been waiting sooooo long for this day to come. I know it's such a stupid car but holy crap I love it anyway. It's such a shame that it only came with an automatic in real life. Here is one of my favorite pieces of journalism.

Screenshot 2021-06-22 174420.png

Of course they found meth. There is no way this happens without meth.

This has been talked before.
Nevertheless, it is an important matter that some might not aware or know. I didn't, untill the first time I read about it.

CM has this fantastic feature.
View attachment 1061833

What I want to share, is that one of my disks (where are my Steam games), was with only 90Gb (3Tb disk) of free space.

After the compression - it took 2 days and a couple of hours tho (+8000 mods) - I'm quite happy with my new free space.
From 90Gb to +1Tb.

View attachment 1061841

Just sharing, might help someone.

Thanks for reminding me it was time to do this again!

Last edited:
So I came across a concept car by Vision Automobile Paris called the "1789".According to the website, it is a road-legal 2 seater prototype hypercar with a hybrid hydrogen powertrain system.

They have made an Assetto Corsa mod and have it available on their website which I will recommend everyone to check out.
https://visionautomobiles.com/
Scroll down to see a download link or you can just click here .

I am attaching some pictures from the website as well as a quick screenshot I took on the brilliant SUGO track that was released on RD.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 062737.png

Screenshot 2021-06-23 064038.png

Screenshot 2021-06-23 064119.png

IN GAME-
Screenshot_vision_1789_sportsland-sugo_23-5-121-6-38-19.jpg

This update is mostly not compatible with the preview skin of Blackcelica due to the lot of change.
- News brake markers, new sponsors ( zoom, aramco, visit portugal, workdays pitlane, f1tv ), grandstands added and minor fixes and optimizations here and here.
View attachment 1061885View attachment 1061886View attachment 1061887View attachment 1061888View attachment 1061889View attachment 1061890View attachment 1061891View attachment 1061892
Thanks a lot

So I came across a concept car by Vision Automobile Paris called the "1789".According to the website, it is a road-legal 2 seater prototype hypercar with a hybrid hydrogen powertrain system.

They have made an Assetto Corsa mod and have it available on their website which I will recommend everyone to check out.

I am attaching some pictures from the website as well as a quick screenshot I took on the brilliant SUGO track that was released on RD.

View attachment 1061910
View attachment 1061911
View attachment 1061912

IN GAME-
View attachment 1061913
It's certainly an interesting car that's for sure.

View attachment 1061910
View attachment 1061911
View attachment 1061912

IN GAME-
View attachment 1061913
I read an article about this in December. Very interesting car to have in AC, and I agree, the future of automobiles shouldn't solely rely on EV's with heavy batteries full of minerals of dubious procedence (and environmental impact), and loud-speaking CEO's promoting things like buying with Bitcoin or tunnels for their cars. 😕

View attachment 1061910
View attachment 1061911
View attachment 1061912

IN GAME-
View attachment 1061913
I really like most of the design, but the extra-wide A-pillars are an issue, and makes quite a blind spot, especially when you're trying to set good lines and check apexes. Those and the large front wheel arches block a lot of the view.

View attachment 1061910
View attachment 1061911
View attachment 1061912

IN GAME-
View attachment 1061913
looks like they commission ACFL to do the AC mod

I have used NinjaRipper to get the mesh of the Glickenhaus SCG 007 from CSR2. Currently working at converting the various bits of the mesh over to Blender. I have no idea what to do after that so may well pass it on to someone else if there are interested.View attachment 1061881
Give it too VRC I'm sure they'd love too release a hypercar era mod before URD can even put wheels on their model 🤪🤣 fyi urd are supposedly working on the GR010. Yet too see any more updates on that or the C8.R they were also supposed to be finishing

Last edited:
The "filemissing" Discord can't be found in the public groups, so it must be private. Could you please share an invite for us? Thanks ;)
I think invites are closed right now as Filemissing himself is down for the count at the moment. He'll hopefully be back strong very soon.

edit:
https://discord.com/invite/R2Ghdhe try this from his Twitch-

Last edited:
I really like most of the design, but the extra-wide A-pillars are an issue, and makes quite a blind spot, especially when you're trying to set good lines and check apexes. Those and the large front wheel arches block a lot of the view.
It's also got magic space glass from the future that doesn't let sunlight cast shadows in the cockpit, which is easily the best way to make any mod look terrible in cockpit view.

Last edited:
This has been talked before.
Nevertheless, it is an important matter that some might not aware or know. I didn't, untill the first time I read about it.

CM has this fantastic feature.
View attachment 1061833

What I want to share, is that one of my disks (where are my Steam games), was with only 90Gb (3Tb disk) of free space.

After the compression - it took 2 days and a couple of hours tho (+8000 mods) - I'm quite happy with my new free space.
From 90Gb to +1Tb.

View attachment 1061841

Just sharing, might help someone.
I've read about this, and it does sound amazing. But how does it work when you want to delete/add/edit mods? Do you have to go through that process again? Do you need to uncompress, then do your thing, and compress again?

I like to have the freedom of messing with my files anytime I can, would be cumbersome to compress/uncompress everytime I want to do that...

I've read about this, and it does sound amazing. But how does it work when you want to delete/add/edit mods? Do you have to go through that process again? Do you need to uncompress, then do your thing, and compress again?

I like to have the freedom of messing with my files anytime I can, would be cumbersome to compress/uncompress everytime I want to do that...
It's not an issue. Mods are automatically decompressed when loaded. Same thing when they're edited or moved. Next time you run the compression tool, they'll be shrunk again.

Last edited:
My update#1 for Esprit DDM Willow Springs:
https://we.tl/t-F6fM8bz89N
(please use original download as base for this update)

copy stuff into track folder. you can try use the new VAO file.. and delete the old ones.

Fixed some stuff, also tried to fix that weird brightness bug with normalized ambient and diffuse light.
But i guess it is still there, with standard SOL filter.
I tested many filters, and never had brightness problems.

Big Thanks @KevinK2 for AI lines.
Still the original fast-lane for big willow, because it was the fastest.
Pits-AI should be fixed by the included files of KevinK2

Perhaps we can fix more in the next update.
Download link expired. Can somebody reupload this please?

View attachment 1061885View attachment 1061886View attachment 1061887View attachment 1061888View attachment 1061889View attachment 1061890View attachment 1061891View attachment 1061892
To top off this final update with all the extra sponsor boards, I have updated the skin to be compatible, added back in the darker tarmac and tree colours, the DRS zones, lighting, rainFX and grassFX. That should be it for Paul Ricard. Great final update @marc_13000
Let's hope it doesn't get stolen this time.

Last edited:
FYI to anyone updating to this, it does not include the updated DRS zones or config for lights that was posted on here. I hope someone with some modding skill will be able to add the endurance layout to this so I can completely get rid of the old PR I was using.

Edit....did not see BC's update.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back