Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,768 comments
is the new Ferrari the "Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020"? Took it for a spin around Prague and the combo is KILLING my FPS even in just practice.. some corners i get quite bad stuttering. Wonder if its a kunos thing, a prague thing or a CSP thing.. this track usually ran quite well for me.
1624998695986.png

Last edited:
is the new Ferrari the "Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020"? Took it for a spin around Prague and the combo is KILLING my FPS even in just practice.. some corners i get quite bad stuttering. Wonder if its a kunos thing, a prague thing or a CSP thing.. this track usually ran quite well for me.
View attachment 1063781
I compared to my 'reference' car (BAC Mono) and the Ferrari has a 5 fps (AVG) lower count at Prague.
There's a substantial difference of 18 fps between AVG and MIN though.

Is it possible to get the Blackcelica's Monaco 21? I can't get the link in the forum and I don't know if the links were deleted or what.

Thank you in advance.

Anyone got a good TrackIR profile they use with AC? I have been tinkering with the BeamNG profile to get below but im postive I have no idea what I am doing, so never hurts to ask. I just need it for apex and sharper corners when I play single screen.

Sideways to that main question, anyone know how I can get FFBClip to always run but not be on screen? Its become a staple for me.

Last edited:
can you fix the steering wheel? There is a non-rotating region in the middle while turning.
Is it possible to make the interior better?
Hmm what do you mean by the steering wheel? I think what you see is that you have to turn the steering wheel more than for example with a 458 Italia. That's because you need to rotate the steering wheel more to get the same turning. It all depends on steering ratio and wheel turns lock-to-lock. I based it on this video:

If you go to hockenheim and you take the same corners on the same racing line you'll see that you have to put exactly the same amount of steering as in the video (just on the edge of understeer).
As for the interior, I don't think I can improve it any further. Maybe with a higher quality alcantara texture, but tbh I don't think it'd help with too much. It's not too bad if you ask me:

2: Red Rock Valley Raceway - Gran Turismo 2
A track that never made its return in later GT games cause this listed in the video of tracks that should return in the upcomming GT7. If this track did return in GT7 with next-gen graphics, then this would be fun to have this in AC.

I started to convert this from a gt legends mod two years ago haha, bad results but is a nice track if created or converted properly.

Last edited:
View attachment 955520

I think I completed my group C / GTP collection with that r89c. Thank you!!

Do you guys know of any car that I'm missing on this photo?? I downloaded all the cars that appear here just searching on this forum and some of you did some of those, so thank you very much! You're the best
Ah Finally the R89C Sprint haha.
We can only find the Le Mans version, could you try to send the link please?

Thank you!

Anyone got a good TrackIR profile they use with AC? I have been tinkering with the BeamNG profile to get below but im postive I have no idea what I am doing, so never hurts to ask. I just need it for apex and sharper corners when I play single screen.

Sideways to that main question, anyone know how I can get FFBClip to always run but not be on screen? Its become a staple for me.

Not sure what software you are using but I use Opentrack, here is my custom profile preset file if any use? seems to do the job with my set up at moment.

Attachments

• RacingProfile.zip
    645 bytes · Views: 14
Last edited:
Yours will be better than mine. I threw this together in five minutes. But feel free to use any of my textures if it saves you any time.
Don't worry, I won't report you to Facebook and have your profile removed or anything 😉
I've not forgotten about this, I've just been continually unhappy with it and have redone it a few times because the mapping is a nightmare. I'll probably end up ignoring all the warping/cropping/skewing and pray that someone remaps the adboards using common sense.
Plus I need to sort an issue out to do with the rocks.
Ended up making a bunch of China-centric adboards and some new more general variations.
WIP for one set to prove I've not just been watching football, water skiing and drinking beer:

china.png

Last edited:
Updated files here: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...fsk-porsche-911-fsr-20-fictional-skins.43493/

Was working on requested amendments for Finland so added Ukraine & Sweden - see link above for files
Banner updates plus Sweden and Ukraine added with Finland logo colour change
__custom_showroom_1625006636.jpg
__custom_showroom_1625006606.jpg
__custom_showroom_1624906147.jpg
__custom_showroom_1624905687.jpg

Last edited:
Soon will be released a version with working wipers by @__EASY__ and skins with baked AO, so I'll brighten also the cockpit that is too dark indeed.
I think a CSP update might have borked earlier settings or shader values or VAO or something. I drove another one of your cars recently and it had a very dark cockpit, but I distictly remember it looking fine when I last drove it 6+ months ago.
Might be worth checking them all?

Last edited:
I drove Road Atlanta today and aside from how great looks, i noticed that the lights are on all the time, just the glowing bits.
I tried the fix someone posted that worked for other tracks great, NIGHT SMOOTH.

But nope this track i can't sort, any ideas?

I drove Road Atlanta today and aside from how great looks, i noticed that the lights are on all the time, just the glowing bits.
I tried the fix someone posted that worked for other tracks great, NIGHT SMOOTH.

did you use the recent file from here that was for rainfx and grassfx? that file messed up my lights too. I went back to stock as I have a custom config that turns the lights on based on ambient light. My setup will turn the lights on if it gets overcast and starts to rain.

I was looking at doing a skin for Valerbanen, (just updating billboards and such. I came across something. The large "MECA" billboard at pit exit, in the infield shows distant flags through it and is invisible from the rear. No texture. Anyone else have it as well?
This appears to be the only one affected.
meca bb frt.PNG
meca bb rear.PNG

My guess is that it always works, even when not on screen. But I' m not 100% sure because it's always on my right screen...

I run it all the time too and I'm sure it still runs when not on screen. I only have the app visible on one of my 'dashboards', but it doesn't stop working when I switch to my less cluttered dashboard while driving.

Does anyone have the bugatti vision gt mod as a google drive or mega download would appreciate the help, if not does anybody have the devel 16 mod?

So I was looking at an Indycar iceberg on Reddit and saw something that people might wanna see….
FD997E51-5180-4FAA-9C46-429A02A502C0.jpeg

IMS ROADCOURSE layout concept cira. late 1900s
63DF2B23-D0BB-4E77-8198-E5F3906E4BF3.png

The earliest IMS era track I’ve seen is legions 1960. I wounded if anybody wanna take on a task like this? This would fit soo well with the 1923 GP mod…

Last edited by a moderator:
I run it all the time too and I'm sure it still runs when not on screen. I only have the app visible on one of my 'dashboards', but it doesn't stop working when I switch to my less cluttered dashboard while driving.
are there any dashboards that allow for porting the FFB telemetry to a remote tablet? As a visual graph like FFBClip?

I use SimDashboard and SimHub currently and with kids around the place I have no damn shortage of old phones and tablets laying around, might be kinda nice to actually see this?

maybe fanalabs makes a simhub dash I dont know about?

Hmm what do you mean by the steering wheel? I think what you see is that you have to turn the steering wheel more than for example with a 458 Italia. That's because you need to rotate the steering wheel more to get the same turning. It all depends on steering ratio and wheel turns lock-to-lock. I based it on this video:

If you go to hockenheim and you take the same corners on the same racing line you'll see that you have to put exactly the same amount of steering as in the video (just on the edge of understeer).
As for the interior, I don't think I can improve it any further. Maybe with a higher quality alcantara texture, but tbh I don't think it'd help with too much. It's not too bad if you ask me:

I think you misunderstood me.
There is a part in the airbag area that does not turn when turning the steering wheel.

are there any dashboards that allow for porting the FFB telemetry to a remote tablet? As a visual graph like FFBClip?
Sorry, I just meant the in-game 'desktops', which I set up as different dashboards with different apps open on each one. I've given up on SimHub and other similar things because they just add more clutter which I personally don't need for what I do.

What track is that?
No comprende.

Last edited:
I think a CSP update might have borked earlier settings or shader values or VAO or something. I drove another one of your cars recently and it had a very dark cockpit, but I distictly remember it looking fine when I last drove it 6+ months ago.
Might be worth checking them all?
Thanks, I'll take a look!

I was looking at doing a skin for Valerbanen, (just updating billboards and such. I came across something. The large "MECA" billboard at pit exit, in the infield shows distant flags through it and is invisible from the rear. No texture. Anyone else have it as well?
Fixed in today's upload.

But what I'm still struggling with is where the road edges blend into the grass. At first these materials lit up under the car's lights at night, but I managed to fix that but now during daylight hours the texture goes from sandy coloured to a tar like grey, depending on the time of day.

I am preparing an update of that ext_config file. I should have posted it 2 days ago but things went crazy at work. I will try to sort everything out and post the update with fixes in the evening.

And since I am a total noob at this, it takes a little bit longer than the pros........

Last edited:
I've not forgotten about this, I've just been continually unhappy with it and have redone it a few times because the mapping is a nightmare. I'll probably end up ignoring all the warping/cropping/skewing and pray that someone remaps the adboards using common sense.
Plus I need to sort an issue out to do with the rocks.
Ended up making a bunch of China-centric adboards and some new more general variations.
WIP for one set to prove I've not just been watching football, water skiing and drinking beer:

View attachment 1063825
Looking good.
I found it odd that the original skin set had several Japanese billboards (including ones for Suzuka circuit).
If I... could be bothered... I would have taken the time to find Chinese companies to advertise too, much like I did with my Albacete circuit.
The only texture to really be aware of is one of those where I used a Dunlop texture. I noticed that the right-hand side of it was cut short on the track. Unfortunately I won't be at my rig again until this evening, so I cannot provide a screenshot.
The only other thing worth mentioning is that there is a rather large Skyten logo that isn't on a billboard. I missed it in my skin as it isn't obvious from the cockpit view, but if you watch a replay, you'll notice it almost immediately.

Last edited:
View attachment 1063855View attachment 1063856
It's probably missing the double faces, it's easy to fix via ext_config, but i have to check because i was sure to have fixed it in the past all of them, but maybe i remember wrong and i fixed it on another track XD

Not sure what software you are using but I use Opentrack, here is my custom profile preset file if any use? seems to do the job with my set up at moment.
I use the standard TrackIR software

are you saying assetto corsa allows us to drag an app out of the main game into a different monitor? I just tried that but does not work for me? THAT would be a damn neat trick if it can! If not someone tag Ilja.. we NEED this..

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back