Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,826 comments
Who can help, what is the problem? Reinstalled, rebooted - did not help. The CM does not want to work.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.21 - 16.13.02.04.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.21 - 16.13.02.04.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Another pending project, changing the wheels of some cars, according to the season. It follows the Chevrolet Corvette, version Sebring 1960 and Le Mans 1960. I tried some other things, that is, removing the bumpers, I couldn't, very complicated to separate the parts from each other. I tried to put the wheels of another Corvette or Ford GT40, but it didn't work either, so I was satisfied with the wheels of the Chevy Bel-Air.
Excellent! I owned the #2 Corvette originally owned by millionaire sportsman, Briggs Cunningham, one of the first three Corvettes ever to grace the Circuit de la Sarthe (the others were #1 and #3). After the race, the #2 car was sold to Bill Frick (the inventor of the Fordillac) and later, to me. It is now owned by the billionaire real estate mogul Bruce Meyer (not to be confused with another friend of mine, Bruce Meyers, of dune buggy fame) and is on loan to the Petersen Museum in L.A. I wrote a piece about the car in the April 6, 2012 issue of Sports Car Digest. The remains of the #1 car were recently unearthed, and the #3 car is, I believe, owned by Chip Miller, the entrepreneur behind all those make-n'-model 'events' at Carlisle, PA. If you want me to confirm or deny anything about the #2,car, I'm here to help.

Last edited:
Excellent! I owned the #2 Corvette originally owned by millionaire sportsman, Briggs Cunningham, one of the first three Corvettes ever to grace the Circuit de la Sarthe (the others were #1 and #3). After the race, the #2 car was sold to Bill Frick (the inventor of the Fordillac) and later, to me. It is now owned by the billionaire real estate mogul Bruce Meyer (not to be confused with another friend of mine, Bruce Meyers, of dune buggy fame) and is on loan to the Petersen Museum in L.A. I wrote a piece about the car in the April 6, 1962 issue of Sports Car Digest. The remains of the #1 car were recently unearthed, and the #3 car, I believe, is owned by Chip Miller, the entrepreneur behind all those make-n'-model 'events' at Carlisle, PA. If you want me to confirm or deny anything about the #2,car, I'm here to help.
Excellent story. About skins and cars, I always download free models that interest me, usually the formula, gt and endurance types, I often buy others. It's a good time to make the changes. As I said, the models as they were created in 3d, it's very difficult to change what I wanted, in case I took the bumpers off to get even closer to the racing models, but I couldn't, at least I changed the wheels, I changed the "DRIVER3D", consequently "DRIVER_SUIT" and "HELMET", I've already put them to test on the track, all right. As they always say, when talking about Endurance or Grand Prix racing, certain brands always come to mind, the Chevrolet Corvette is one of them.

Another pending project, changing the wheels of some cars, according to the season. It follows the Chevrolet Corvette, version Sebring 1960 and Le Mans 1960. I tried some other things, that is, removing the bumpers, I couldn't, very complicated to separate the parts from each other. I tried to put the wheels of another Corvette or Ford GT40, but it didn't work either, so I was satisfied with the wheels of the Chevy Bel-Air.
A racing version of this car, with stripped out interior, no bumpers and appropriate wheels, is on Velo's to-do list. There are a few things ahead of that one, including a DB4GT with correct shortened wheelbase and a 908/3 Flunder. But when the Corvette gets into the workshop I will be making Briggs Cunningham skins and will certainly consult @Real Toonces about how the car looked in the early 60s.

Hi all,

Another possible issue with the Patreon version/latest paid CSP variant. Now, every car that uses "Driver_80" has a head floating above the car... anybody else have this happening, or am I just the prize winner ?

Deleting the paid version of CSP and reverting to an older public version let everything go back to normal; reinstallation of the paid version has the floating heads again...

Would anyone be able to do some cams for Castle Combe? The ones we have are awful, and the ones on RD aren't great. I've tried working out how to do it but I can't figure it out, its alien to me.

As someone who stupidly bought all of the SD stuff, Don't. Google is your friend to find the original mods...
Have Fun.
1626890772316.png

Hi all,

Another possible issue with the Patreon version/latest paid CSP variant. Now, every car that uses "Driver_80" has a head floating above the car... anybody else have this happening, or am I just the prize winner ?

Deleting the paid version of CSP and reverting to an older public version let everything go back to normal; reinstallation of the paid version has the floating heads again...
I had the same problem, somebody shared a different driver_80 file on Facebook that solved the problem. Download is gone now but let me see if I can upload the file somewhere to share…

Here's the link to the driver_80.kn5: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j8fg5yqvtjk0cs4/driver_80.kn5/file

Last edited:
Hello guys can someone tell me how to make the grass more greener like the f1 2021 game grass color … thx if possible
Option1 (the best option)open up the track in 3dsimed, extract the texture, saturate or recolour it in photoshop or the free paint.net. recompile the track kn5, or build a skin, or if you just need the texture and not up to paying for 3dsimed, enable developer mode in CM, copy the track kn5 to a car folder, temportarily rename the car.kn5 to something else, and rename the track.kn5 to be the cars kn5. now you can use the unpack kn5 feature in CM.. delete the track.kn5 from the car folder and fix the car name.

Option2 isolate the texture name in AC with the CM object inspector and do a shader replacement playing with ksambient and ksdiffuse in ext_config.ini

Second option tweaks the lightness/darkness of the texture so not really changing the green itself, brown-green will still be brown-green, just darker, if you after that dayglo green from f1 2021 you probably need to go with option 1, but with option 2, if you drive fast enough, with one eye closed and a beer in one hand, it can do the job.

Last edited:
I downloaded the "Ferrari 488 Evo 2020 v2 ACC Conversion v2". Cannot remember where I got it.

When loading into game, I cannot drive the car because it says "Validating Setup - please wait". This messages stays all the time so I cannot jump into driving.

Can you help fixing it?

Perhaps I downloaded a bad version of this car. Anyone got a link to v2-version which is working fine?

Thx!

Who's offended? Not me.
You're the one constantly whingeing about it.
You're the one calling people members of a 'defense force' and 'shills' if they don't agree with you.
You're the one who seems to think Ilja works for you.

And what has EASY got to do with any of this? I disagreed with some things he posted and like other stuff he does. It's not ad hominem, unlike your attacks.
How exactly is saying i tried 1.76 but decided to go back to 1.69 'constantly whingeing about it' ??

There are as a fact shills in the gaming industry and some youtubers do come across as shills.
Do you think no such thing exists?

I don't expect anything, i would though quite like to see some stuff that works in lower CSPs to work still in newer ones.
Its not an expectation that keeps me awake at night, but simply a hope.

I downloaded the "Ferrari 488 Evo 2020 v2 ACC Conversion v2". Cannot remember where I got it.

When loading into game, I cannot drive the car because it says "Validating Setup - please wait". This messages stays all the time so I cannot jump into driving.

Can you help fixing it?

Perhaps I downloaded a bad version of this car. Anyone got a link to v2-version which is working fine?

Thx!
Raise the springs at front or rear.

Can you help fixing it?

Thx!
1.76 CSP broke that car - no fix that I've found so far. To use the car, downgrade your CSP version. That's probably not what you want to hear but...

1.76 CSP broke that car - no fix that I've found so far. To use the car, downgrade your CSP version. That's probably not what you want to hear but...
Puh, really bad. Hope to get it running again with newer CSP versions.

But I now used the data.acd from version 1 of the car and then v2 of the car is working. Must be something with ini´s..

😆Hello guys can someone tell me how to make the grass more greener like the f1 2021 game grass color … thx if possible
Something from my wild time:

It's you... 😆

Sorry, had to be...
I saved many who would otherwise have lost themselves in evil trips, with this saying.

Yeah, @TheRealCeeBee ninja me. :lol:

But I now used the data.acd from version 1 of the car and then v2 of the car is working. Must be something with ini´s..
Found the problem with ferrari_488_gt3_acc version 2. I can fix it, but I do not know what it does.

How to fix v2:

1. unpack data.acd within ferrari_488_gt3_acc folder
2. delete data.acd
3. open suspensions.ini
4. find this line "USE_DWB2=1" at [_EXTENSION] section
5. comment this line by adding a ";"
6. save the suspensions.ini
7. car is now working with latest CSP version

Does anybody know what this line "USE_DWB2=1" is for?

@Fanapryde
no, did not work here

Last edited:
Something from my wild time:

It's you... 😆

Sorry, had to be...
I saved many who would otherwise have lost themselves in evil trips, with this saying.

Yeah, @TheRealCeeBee ninja me. :lol:
mostly just use the good old kn5 materials tool, its old.. but it works.. without all the schlep of opening the kn5 in 3dsim or screwing around with ext_config you can adjust all material settings you need and just save the damn kn5.

(my version is a little tweaked to allow me to save out the textures themselves, (not in the original tool). Useful when I want to jsut dropkick a texture or two for a skin or something.)

Last edited:
Found the problem with ferrari_488_gt3_acc version 2. I can fix it, but I do not know what it does.

How to fix v2:

1. unpack data.acd within ferrari_488_gt3_acc folder
2. delete data.acd
3. open suspensions.ini
4. find this line "USE_DWB2=1" at [_EXTENSION] section
5. comment this line by adding a ";"
6. save the suspensions.ini
7. car is now working with latest CSP version

Does anybody know what this line "USE_DWB2=1" is for?

@Fanapryde
no, did not work here
Changed the line to USE_DWB2=0 and the car works indeed. I have no clue either what it means though...

Ah, that's brilliant, thanks, I did search the forum but weirdly these didn't show up, I had to type "cams for castle combe" after seeing this.

It's a track I've been working to update in blender as all the advertisement boards are wrong/in the wrong places, there's no infield tyre barrier IRL and the field in the middle is a solar farm now... taking time though.

Last edited:
Excellent story. About skins and cars, I always download free models that interest me, usually the formula, gt and endurance types, I often buy others. It's a good time to make the changes. As I said, the models as they were created in 3d, it's very difficult to change what I wanted, in case I took the bumpers off to get even closer to the racing models, but I couldn't, at least I changed the wheels, I changed the "DRIVER3D", consequently "DRIVER_SUIT" and "HELMET", I've already put them to test on the track, all right. As they always say, when talking about Endurance or Grand Prix racing, certain brands always come to mind, the Chevrolet Corvette is one of them.
The Cunningham Corvettes' lack of chrome and their Indy-style mag wheels were what distinguished them from the other 'Vettes (like Camoradi's rather diffidently-prepared version).

Last edited:
Changed the line to USE_DWB2=0 and the car works indeed. I have no clue either what it means though...
DWB should stand for Double WishBone - the suspension type. Presumably DWB2 is the second implementation of double wishbone suspension via CSP (or original AC), which may either be not working in your version, or in conflict with the rest of the suspension geometry for this car.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back