Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,810 comments
Is there any chance the ethical discussion on modding could be moved to its own thread? Seems like a tangential issue that only a small subset of the group is interested in, and will always cause lengthy disagreement. As far as I can tell, creators have been ‘borrowing’ from those who came before them since the beginning of time, and it ultimately comes down to an individual position on where each person draws that line between entirely copying and reusing someone else’s work/ideas at one end, and entirely excluding the work/ideas at the other.

Last edited:
Is there any chance the ethical discussion on modding could be moved to its own thread? Seems like a tangential issue that only a small subset of the group is interested in, and will always cause lengthy disagreement. As far as I can tell, creators have been ‘borrowing’ from those who came before them since the beginning of time, and it ultimately comes down to an individual position on where each person draws that line between entirely copying and reusing someone else’s work/ideas at one end, and entirely excluding the work/ideas at the other.
I often get drawn into these debates. Or ill go and do stuff IRL and come back to 15 pages of fighting

Eldora Speedway..

1631303406807.jpeg

1631303436306.jpeg

From the SRX Game, Thank you @CrisT86 for VAO, Ext Config and Cams.
Also included a fictional asphalt version.

wait 15 min for upload.

Also added to my folder..
  • Oswego Speedway.
  • Motordome Speedway (from nr2003)
  • Hickory Speedway (update)

Guys, this is the track design that i made using Rhinoceros. I created a elevation chart as well but making it a 3D model isn't my strong side.
First, what are your opinions for the track?
Second, could it be made for AC by these datas? (If I provide DXF-DWG files)

FIA Grade: 1 (hp/kg ratio < 1)
Length: 6942m
Width:12m - 15m
Turn: 27 (maybe I'd reduce for better flow)
Clockwise
Elevation Difference: 54m
DRS Zones: 3

v2.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, this is the track design that i made using Rhinoceros. I created a elevation chart as well but making it a 3D model isn't my strong side.

Clockwise

View attachment 1079419
I'm not really a fan of all these speed killers (plus 90° corners/hairpins etc).
These 3 sharp corners before the S/F...

I'm not really a fan of all these speed killers (plus 90° corners/hairpins etc).
These 3 sharp corners before the S/F...
I see... that's me just throwing some İstanbul Park parts to there.

But the hard part is the FIA Regulations. There's really some annoying rules for new Grade 1 tracks. It kind of needed to add.

But I see your point.

I'm fairly sure I've got all of the Group C mods for AC... anyone want to double check me? I heard there's a '92 Nissan out there.

It's not the car, I was showcasing a new livery I have worked on for the IER P13C which is available here www.iersimulations.com/ and i definitely won't be sharing that out of respect for the mod creators and just how much work has gone into this mod, amd becasue it is a paymod. It is possibly the most complete mod available for AC and is worth the price

The playstation livery is already released and you can find it on racedepartment here Playstation Pescarolo Livery
And it IS a cracker. Thanks.

Hi Simracers and F1 fans
10 -12 Sept 2021 - Monza up next

Revised Schedule plus Zandvoort, Spa, Hungaroring, and Monza Tracks updated

My thanks to @Pyyer for their permission to use Spa, Zandvoort and Monza excellent extension skins.

This latest version was incorrectly named 1.0g - it should be 1.0i - just rename once downloaded

At 60 years old you would think i would know my alphabet by now !! 👎
If you want to keep things in order just rename RSSFH2021 F1season_v1.0g.zip to RSSFH2021 F1season_v1.0i.zip once downloaded as i cannot amend it via the RD interface

RD F1 2021 link here:
GDrive - Latest Files here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10tc_2aiECslMCj7vBC51K6hOjHdM43fC?usp=sharing
12_hungary_gp21.jpg
13_belgium_gp21.jpg
14_netherlands_gp21.jpg
15_italy_gp21.jpg

Last edited:
Yep been emersed in MS flightsim (oh my god), pop into here and pages of guff ranging from what is a mod to someone having a breakdown.

Well, now that RTM has officially released their Bugatti Bolide for free in AssettoLand I wonder if someone can volunteer to remove this ridiculous eyesore "signature" from the car's gauge cluster? It's not a fully independent mesh so I can't disable it separately from other parts of the car. Otherwise it's the better looking Bolide yet, although still a CSR2 rip.

1fa05ea2742f18c76c3f27ca4b4502df.png

It's like a miniature license plate with a 3D signature on top of it. Both things should be gone.

Last edited:
Ha ha..! Thanks, no I did see that but decided to leave it in as a tribute to the modder... despite his terribad adboard mapping. ;)
With a little lot of help from @norms @slider666 and @leBluem I've changed the shader type of the rocks to ksPerPixelNM using a shader replacement config which now allows a normal map to added. Rocks look a lot better now.

View attachment 1064046

Just replace the current track extension folder with this one (it also contains the ...nm.dds)

Here's the complete skins folder and extension folder for any new downloader. I'll update the original post too.
Drop into the st_zhejiang track folder and overwrite when asked.

View attachment 1064060 View attachment 1064061 View attachment 1064062 View attachment 1064063 View attachment 1064064

All clipping, scaling, stretching, framing, warping issues are because of the way the adboards were mapped by the original modder. I did my best with what I had... sorry!

The track (without these updates) can be downloaded here:
https://sharemods.com/41wf68g3kfjy/st_zhejiang.rar.html
@Masscot The zhejiang new skins mediafire file has expired. Where can we still find it?

I also have 2 versions of zhejiang:

st_zhejiang
zhejiang_racing

Which one is newer and what are the differences?

Last edited:

Clockwise

View attachment 1079419
It does look like a pokemon, right?

Well, now that RTM has officially released their Bugatti Bolide for free in AssettoLand I wonder if someone can volunteer to remove this ridiculous eyesore "signature" from the car's gauge cluster? It's not a fully independent mesh so I can't disable it separately from other parts of the car. Otherwise it's the better looking Bolide yet, although still a CSR2 rip.

It's like a miniature license plate with a 3D signature on top of it. Both things should be gone.
It is easy to remove in blender and re-build the kn5 or replace the Paint002 mesh with a clean one and hide the Plate_LODA both via MODEL_REPLACEMENT.

bugatti_bolide.png

What's everyboy's take on this, are we allowed to hack into other modders models to remove stuff that has been included intentionally?

It is easy to remove in blender and re-build the kn5 or replace the Paint002 mesh with a clean one and hide the Plate_LODA both via MODEL_REPLACEMENT.

What's everyboy's take on this, are we allowed to hack into other modders models to remove stuff that has been included intentionally?
You can do what you want to your own stuff.
If you removed that, then started up a patreon charging people for the 'fix', then that if different IMO.

1fa05ea2742f18c76c3f27ca4b4502df.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back