Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,744 comments
Good stuff! :)
Do you know if all the tracks necessary to create the Indycar championship are also available?
Indycar championship here with different mods (RSS, VRC, APEX ...) and all tracks :
  • NTT Indycar Series 2020 APEX version update v1.3
  • NTT Indycar Series 2020 RSS version update v1.3
  • NTT Indycar Series 2021 VRC update v1.1

Last edited:
Indycar championship here with different mods (RSS, VRC, APEX ...) and all tracks :
Apologies @ClaudioWRC74- Didn't realise you had already done a Super Formula 2020 as couldn't find one on RD -I forgot to check yours - That's a few hours i wont get back DOH! 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
Sad to see my work on the discord of sk...
The zyteks..
I said to you that for the moment its not public

This is definetly not your work, try to get this to your head please, and stop with writting bull****s everywhere...
It is the same link what was shared here in this forum by Speedstar longer time ago and it is much older as your mentioned 2 days!

Last edited:
AC Legends GTC Elan 26R Shift Animation Fix

Noticed it wasn't set up correctly--animation/driver's hands setting needed to be inverted (set to 1).

badge.png
preview.jpg

Attachments

• AC Legends GTC Elan 26R Shifting Animation Fix.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Just added a 2020 Super Formula Custom Championship if anyone is interested

View attachment 1086331

Waiting on the 2021 skins for the new Formula RSS Supreme for AC before releasing the 2021 version

This is a better version of Autopolis Int from this post

Is this what you're looking for, or do you need a way to set dashcam for a new mod?

Activate Developer apps in CM and then ingame you can edit it via the camera tool.
Thank you guy's, if you are both referring to that app, I know about that app, this is for cockpit view.

What I am asking is about Dashcam, it is adjusted from dash_cam.ini in the data folder. It is the view without the wheel.

There is no dev app for it, but I am curious if one of the modder ever made one.

Actually, the app you showed, their is a dash cam save button, when the data is unpacked, but I could never make any changes with the app and change the view of the dashcam with it.

Last edited:
This is a better version of Autopolis Int from this post
👍
I don't however think we should expect of the championship creators that their track lists are up to date. Finding the latest and greatest versions of tracks and/or keeping them up to date is a job we should do ourselves. IMO.

Last edited:
Is there any modder who might be willing to take requests? I want to modify a Kunos car but I don't have knowledge in modding aside from a bit of skinning and data editing.

👍
I don't however think we should demand of the championship creators that their track lists are up to date. Finding the latest and greatest versions of tracks and/or keeping them up to date is a job we should do ourselves. IMO.
Personally if I was you, I'd edit the post to remove the word "demand"......

What.a.resource. Your whole championship roster. 👏 Thank you!

I managed to make it work.
What I did was:
-Load the track and the spawn objects into blender and export both as a single one in fbx format.
-Than I opened the file in 3dsimed3, added more spawn objects and exported the file as fbx again.
-Than I opend the file back into Blender, and exported only the spawn objects in fbx format
-Opened the spawn objects in KsEditor and exported in kn5 format
-added the kn5 to the track folder and edited the models.ini file

Since it worked I came back to blender and added more pits, which worked too
After all that I still don't know why that was the only way it worked, like.. wtf (?)

Cheers!
Im glad you sorted it out. For reference, I just tried adding pits to the file you shared:
-Exported track and AC boxes with 3dsimed
-Imported in blender and duplicated the last start and pit boxes a few times
-renamed the boxes accordingly
-exported boxes as fbx then kn5 with the editor (kept the same name to save time)
-edited the ui (32 pits)
-ran a test race and track day, everything worked fine

I did this with the short layout but also looked at the gp layout and found a big problem with your first boxes:
hock.PNG

They were facing the wrong way, not even on track. Looks like you had your export settings backwards, are you sure you were exporting with Y+ up and Z+ forwards?

You´re not the only one whos having trouble placing stuff correctly though... that track... who put those there??? 🤦‍♂️😂
hock2.PNG

Last edited:
Thank you guy's, if you are both referring to that app, I know about that app, this is for cockpit view.

What I am asking is about Dashcam, it is adjusted from dash_cam.ini in the data folder. It is the view without the wheel.

There is no dev app for it, but I am curious if one of the modder ever made one.

Actually, the app you showed, their is a dash cam save button, when the data is unpacked, but I could never make any changes with the app and change the view of the dashcam with it.
No, I did not refer to the dashboard cam. There is another cam app from the devs available where you can edit all the car´s cams values.

You're welcome! Initially I wanted to do some light CSP stuff, but I ended up needing to correct a couple of small details because after looking at the car in detail, the discrepancies didn't sit right with me. I collected, assembled and kitbashed scale models before and the rivet-counter mentality stayed with me. That said, I might argue that 3d car models in sim racing is the new scale models which makes the right noises and you can drive them around on virtual dioramas, which AC and GT brought that realisation to me. 😆

I'm not so sure to share this straight to URD because AFAIK they said they will be updating the cars on Discord, and probably many of these changes may not be applicable in future releases, so hopefully the next update would be better. They got in touch with me on the Porsche here and I'm happy that the changes have made it to the update.

I'm also quite reluctant to share this on RD because there are issues like the yellow DRL lights for example, I can foresee that code in the extension config may clash with the skin creator's code for a different coloured DRL to match the liveries that they are making -- like the Jagermeister livery would have a green one to match and I think that's pretty damn cool! Something I need to try next -- and I'm not sure how people might feel about having codes clashing and things not working, plus some people on RD can be quite mean when things don't work on their end - based on personal experience, I digress.

Anyway, BMW Motorsport is pretty generous with the detailed angles of the car in their latest behind-the-scenes video.

Also, I kinda tried to give the steering that forged carbon look, but it looked off and weird. I'll leave this for now.

I feel exactly the same way about the 3d car models being the new scale models. I love tinkering and updating - its like building models all over again - with the option to get in them and enjoy it. In VR - a whole new world.

Honda Civic Type R FK8 Update Includes track version

Lots of minor and big fixes

Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-45-20.jpg
__custom_showroom_1634242536.jpg
Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-51-17.jpg
Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-45-13.jpg
__custom_showroom_1634242986.jpg
__custom_showroom_1634242927.jpg
Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-41-3.jpg

Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-50-14.jpg

Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-45-20.jpg
__custom_showroom_1634242536.jpg
Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-51-17.jpg
Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-45-13.jpg
__custom_showroom_1634242986.jpg
__custom_showroom_1634242927.jpg
Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-41-3.jpg

Screenshot_typer_fk8_track_ddm_gts_tsukuba_14-9-121-21-50-14.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back