Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,210 comments
Fantastic track conversion - thanks @shi.
You perhaps wouldn't see these in 2D but in VR there are a few transparency issues with alpha/shader settings on glass and a fence that creates a weird holographic effect.

(I only checked the International layout - there might be more on the other layouts)
Didn't spot any new glass/alpha issues on the other layouts, but on the Enduro layout there's a gap in the treewall and a broken tree (see below)

All of these windows
View attachment 1099647

All of these ones too
View attachment 1099649

All of these vertical glass screens
View attachment 1099648

This fence section in front of the trees
View attachment 1099650

If you remove those static BTB balloons I'll add some dynamic Kunos ones if you want?

Edit: Enduro layout: gap in tree wall and broken tree:

View attachment 1099658 View attachment 1099659
Thank you for reporting the error. I can fix it right away.
Thanks also for the suggestion about balloons. I would like to have it. Please PM me so I can put together an update.

stupid question : is there a way to get rid of rain physics for mods using it ? I play mostly offline and it's really disappointing to be unable to race against ai in the rain. "use extended physics" in CM don't change anything. any clue ?

Here's a updated comparison again. This time i went full on Dauer with the design ditching the old goofy kit car ish street legal design in favor for a Dauer replica. Really like how it turned out modeled the steering wheel and the door handles which was easy to model but irritating to place on the body it was a bit hard trying to put on the meshes on the doors. And i had to rebody the window frame a bit. Couldn't get a clear picture of the shifter console here because the interior is too cramped lol i literally had to hide the seats in the interior so the shot could be good.
Still unfinished the interior needs a bit of modeling. Notably the actual Dauer seats (which i can't find a good reference for) and some other misc stuff. The exterior is pretty much finished i think.
__custom_showroom_1639610112.png

__custom_showroom_1639610251.png

__custom_showroom_1639610523.png

__custom_showroom_1639610632.png

__custom_showroom_1639610924.png

Last edited:
stupid question : is there a way to get rid of rain physics for mods using it ? I play mostly offline and it's really disappointing to be unable to race against ai in the rain. "use extended physics" in CM don't change anything. any clue ?
I hope i have understood this correctly. For you the "extended physics" does not work - but you want to use it. If so, it may be because you are using the RSR Live Timing app. You would have to deactivate it.

shi
Magnificent Park v1.0
Converted from rFactor and rFactor2.

View attachment 1099564
Fictional track in France.

• 32 pit/start
  • CSP required
  • AI, cam
  • 3 layout

Credits & Thanks;
・ @HarySeb , the author of the rFactor version and and Thank you for gave me permission
・ @Nibiru , conversion to rFactor2
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@RMi_wood , Cooperation
・ @Viola_seven , AI

This track consists of an rFactor1 version and an rFactor2 version.
The base International/National layout was converted from the rFactor1 version.
Converted and combined parts of the Enduro layout from the rFactor2 version.
The reason I didn't convert everything from the rFactor2 version is because the wall billboards on the walls were omitted.

Enjoy.
Really enjoying this conversion. Like @Masscot, I'm seeing the strange "holographic" reflective effect in VR on some of the surfaces around the grandstands, or a more subtle effect when the fencing overlaps something behind it.

Pit Entrance
One thing that could be cleaned up or smoothed, when entering the pit area, just after the line designating the speed-regulated area, there's some sharp or uneven features of the physical surface or mesh that makes it feel like your driving off a sharp curb.

shi
Magnificent Park v1.0

View attachment 1099564

• 32 pit/start
  • CSP required
  • AI, cam
  • 3 layout

Credits & Thanks;
・ @HarySeb , the author of the rFactor version and and Thank you for gave me permission
@RMi_wood , Cooperation
・ @Viola_seven , AI

The reason I didn't convert everything from the rFactor2 version is because the wall billboards on the walls were omitted.

Enjoy.
Hi Shi

Thank you very much for this great track. I have experienced some problems with the AI on this track. With GT-vars (GT1, GTE) I have seen some mass collisions directly after race start in turn 1. The AI drives too close to the right track border and then crashes into each other. Even with aggression level turned down to 50%.

I have tried to fix that with as little ai_hints.ini. I didn't wanted to slow down the AI. Especially because this problem does not occur with all cars. So I did just forced the AI to stay away from the track borders in turn 1 (left side: 10%, right side: 20%). It is working so far for all cars I have tested. Maybe you want to give it a try.

Here is the text for the ai_hints.ini in the international layout. But it is working for the endurance layout too:

[DANGER_0]
START=0.03
END=0.06
LEFT=0.1
RIGHT=0.2

I hope i have understood this correctly. For you the "extended physics" does not work - but you want to use it. If so, it may be because you are using the RSR Live Timing app. You would have to deactivate it.
I think he means he would like to deactivate the custom rain physics that some cars have by default, the GUE gt4's are the first coming to my mind, right now. They feature rain physics even if "extended physics" is off.

and...

Last edited:
hey all, thought id do a progress update

Ferrari Enzo/FXX/F150
Been messing around with the Enzo and FXX to make the Maserati MC12 Test Mule. The FXX eventually seemed the closest model and least work so ive been working on it and scrapped the Enzo.

• removed rear wing and used correct rear wing from MC12. redone aero profile
  • fixed suspension bump stop issues
  • moved internal screen so its visible when driving
debating wether to have the radiator thing hanging underneath the wing like in the actual car. may be too much of an eye sore tho.

Mercedes SLR 722 GT
  • redone the sunstrip as old one was pixelated and wrong
  • added the gills and single gil fin, (pain in the ass to fit and place)
  • added fins to the side bonnet too (same as above)
  • interior now a lot closer to real car. fixed branding on Furai wheel, resized button box and central motec. shifter lights and lap time now working.
  • fixed suspension to stop wheels bumping through bonnet
  • rebuilt roll cage as it originally poked through the roof.
  • de-smoked windscreen
Was thinking of cutting the bonnet vents to make them bigger and add some fins as in the proper car. seems to be a lot of fiddly work so ill see.

Koenigsegg CCGT

• replaced steering wheel for correct one
  • started skinning
just needs balancing now as its way too quick

Porsche Carrera Gt-R

• sorted steering wheel size
  • found triangular button box
  • started skinning
Just need to add a fire extinguisher and some ancillaries and it will be done on visual side.

Seat Cupra

• added the button box, air vent and internal screen and mount. think the screen mount looks legit how its positioned with the air vent. will add fire extinguisher and bits and call it a day. if anyone knows which car has a higher quality version of the wheel let me know and ill change it.

Which leads me to the last issue. I counted 24 cars but realised I had included the Radical RXC which is post 2010. Therefore I will do one more car. As there are limited options I have got it down to the following short-list. Any suggestions or anything helps me greatly.

• Alfa 8C GT - Car is good to go in its current state, decent quality so maybe just a little tidy up and balance. But again car is already done so nothing new

• P4/5 GTP - Same as above

• SSC Ultimate Aero - Could be interesting and a decent candidate with the model we already have.

• Morgan Aero 8 Supersports - could be fun, quite a bit of work required though.

• Joss JT1 - cool car and pretty much already done, needs a few bits and bobs. only negative i see is it might be a bit too similar to the Saleen S7 and Mosler.

• TVR Sagaris - i have a thing for TVR's having grown up near their old HQ. could turn out interesting. may do a quick mock up.

• Weisman GT MF5 - could also be interesting. would be a bit of work tho as not sure what to do with all those internal dials.

edit - quick mock up. hmmm so not sure.

Last edited:

Attachments

• DTM.jpg
    DTM.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
shi
Thank you for reporting the error. I can fix it right away.
Thanks also for the suggestion about balloons. I would like to have it. Please PM me so I can put together an update.
Apologies, I hadn't realised you'd done configs for the balloon kn5s already - I saw those BTB balloon models and just assumed they were static type that are often baked into older track models.
There's a whole bunch of reskinned Kunos balloons in this download, just pluck out any you want to use and rename the kn5 to match your models.ini reference.

I had a quick look at the Michelin bridges to try and 'unsquash' the logo (and Bibendum) but the mapping is a little odd (look at the 'M' on the right hand side) so had mixed success.

original:
Screenshot_ac_lamborghini_diablo_gtr_magnificent-park_15-12-121-22-46-5.jpg

tweaked:
Screenshot_ac_lamborghini_diablo_gtr_magnificent-park_15-12-121-22-43-1.jpg

I think he means he would like to deactivate the custom rain physics that some cars have by default, the GUE gt4's are the first coming to my mind, right now. They feature rain physics even if "extended physics" is off.

and...

Watching that video I think now we have reached the level "You need to have a scientist degree to handle AC weather system". Jesus. But he is on preview182 I see, so I wonder when the patreon users will have it as well (I am one of them).

:D I'm counting on your upcoming presets and weather plans so I won't have to learn all that, then.:D
jk, ofc.

my vote goes to the SSC Ultimate Aero, a Shelby-approved sort-of-Lambo, enough wow factor @lorelord

Last edited:
Watching that video I think now we have reached the level "You need to have a scientist degree to handle AC weather system". Jesus. But he is on preview182 I see, so I wonder when the patreon users will have it as well (I am one of them).
3D clouds seem to have improved but still don't have the variety of the 2D skyboxes, and still look kind of fake to me. I'm guessing there won't be a 2D cloud option with Pure?
My biggest concern though is Pure's reliance on autoexposure, as it's the first thing I turn off in PP filters. In VR you're constantly moving your view, looking left and right at mirrors, and even over your shoulders at times. With AE active the light levels outside change with head movement as if someone is pissing about with a dimmer switch. Fake AE isn't needed, especially in first person view and especially in VR. Our eyes are superb at doing it properly themselves.

Last edited:
shi
Magnificent Park v1.0

View attachment 1099564

• 32 pit/start
  • CSP required
  • AI, cam
  • 3 layout

Credits & Thanks;
@RMi_wood , Cooperation
・ @Viola_seven , AI

Enjoy.
OK, I'll be that guy. Take one for the team, as it were.
What a "magnificent" track (:lol:).
Thank you!

Ferrari Enzo/FXX/F150
Been messing around with the Enzo and FXX to make the Maserati MC12 Test Mule. The FXX eventually seemed the closest model and least work so ive been working on it and scrapped the Enzo.

debating wether to have the radiator thing hanging underneath the wing like in the actual car. may be too much of an eye sore tho.

Mercedes SLR 722 GT
  • interior now a lot closer to real car. fixed branding on Furai wheel, resized button box and central motec. shifter lights and lap time now working.
  • de-smoked windscreen
Was thinking of cutting the bonnet vents to make them bigger and add some fins as in the proper car. seems to be a lot of fiddly work so ill see.

Koenigsegg CCGT

• started skinning

Porsche Carrera Gt-R

• started skinning
Just need to add a fire extinguisher and some ancillaries and it will be done on visual side.

Seat Cupra

• added the button box, air vent and internal screen and mount. think the screen mount looks legit how its positioned with the air vent. will add fire extinguisher and bits and call it a day. if anyone knows which car has a higher quality version of the wheel let me know and ill change it.

Which leads me to the last issue. I counted 24 cars but realised I had included the Radical RXC which is post 2010. Therefore I will do one more car. As there are limited options I have got it down to the following short-list. Any suggestions or anything helps me greatly.

• Alfa 8C GT - Car is good to go in its current state, decent quality so maybe just a little tidy up and balance. But again car is already done so nothing new

• SSC Ultimate Aero - Could be interesting and a decent candidate with the model we already have.

• Morgan Aero 8 Supersports - could be fun, quite a bit of work required though.

• Joss JT1 - cool car and pretty much already done, needs a few bits and bobs. only negative i see is it might be a bit too similar to the Saleen S7 and Mosler.

• TVR Sagaris - i have a thing for TVR's having grown up near their old HQ. could turn out interesting. may do a quick mock up.

• Weisman GT MF5 - could also be interesting. would be a bit of work tho as not sure what to do with all those internal dials.

Ohh man!!! We really need these beasts!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies, I hadn't realised you'd done configs for the balloon kn5s already - I saw those BTB balloon models and just assumed they were static type that are often baked into older track models.
There's a whole bunch of reskinned Kunos balloons in this download, just pluck out any you want to use and rename the kn5 to match your models.ini reference.

I had a quick look at the Michelin bridges to try and 'unsquash' the logo (and Bibendum) but the mapping is a little odd (look at the 'M' on the right hand side) so had mixed success.

original:
View attachment 1099733

tweaked:
View attachment 1099734
Thank you. I'll trade you a new balloon.
I fixed the mapping, can you send me the texture?
Really enjoying this conversion. Like @Masscot, I'm seeing the strange "holographic" reflective effect in VR on some of the surfaces around the grandstands, or a more subtle effect when the fencing overlaps something behind it.

Pit Entrance
One thing that could be cleaned up or smoothed, when entering the pit area, just after the line designating the speed-regulated area, there's some sharp or uneven features of the physical surface or mesh that makes it feel like your driving off a sharp curb.
Thanks for checking it out. I fixed it.
Hi Shi

Thank you very much for this great track. I have experienced some problems with the AI on this track. With GT-vars (GT1, GTE) I have seen some mass collisions directly after race start in turn 1. The AI drives too close to the right track border and then crashes into each other. Even with aggression level turned down to 50%.

I have tried to fix that with as little ai_hints.ini. I didn't wanted to slow down the AI. Especially because this problem does not occur with all cars. So I did just forced the AI to stay away from the track borders in turn 1 (left side: 10%, right side: 20%). It is working so far for all cars I have tested. Maybe you want to give it a try.

Here is the text for the ai_hints.ini in the international layout. But it is working for the endurance layout too:

[DANGER_0]
START=0.03
END=0.06
LEFT=0.1
RIGHT=0.2
Thanks for giving me the reference values. ai_hints.ini has been added.

Ll
Does anyone have a tutorial for Camera Facing ?
Hi @Breathe
Have a look at my Abu Dhabi F1 track file data folder. Also the camera_facing.ini attached
  1. You need to open object inspector on the track you want to add the crowd to
  2. then alt click the object - usually the seats in the stands
  3. copy the 'material' name then paste into the 'surface' name
  4. choose sitting or standing then copy rest of entry as below

Note - sometimes it wont work for all tracks and can cause a crash - COTA is one that works for me but others have said it crashes their setup

Hope that helps

Screenshot (830).png

Example;

[CAMERA_FACING_0] ;increase by 1 for each stand selection
SURFACE=obj-paddock-b01 ;enter copied material name here
ELEMENTS=10000 ;reduce or increase as required for amount of spectators
SIZE=0.8,1.4 ;Keep this for sitting spectators
TEXTURE=content/texture/people_sit.dds
TEXTURE_ROWS=3 ;Keep this for sitting spectators
TEXTURE_COLUMNS=7 ;Keep this for sitting spectators
SHADED=1 ;Leave as is
DIFFUSE=0.025,0.025,0.025 ;Leave as is
AMBIENT=0.085,0.085,0.085 ;Leave as is

[CAMERA_FACING_1]
SURFACE=obj-tribun-i20
ELEMENTS=1000
SIZE=0.7,1.9
TEXTURE=content/texture/people_stand.dds
TEXTURE_ROWS=2
TEXTURE_COLUMNS=11
SHADED=1
DIFFUSE=0.025,0.025,0.025
AMBIENT=0.085,0.085,0.085

Attachments

• camera_facing.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (830).png
    Screenshot (830).png
    106.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Ferrari Enzo/FXX/F150

Mercedes SLR 722 GT
  • de-smoked windscreen

Koenigsegg CCGT

• started skinning

Porsche Carrera Gt-R

• started skinning

Seat Cupra

I can't wait to drive all those rocket ships :D
I'd love to see the Morgan as there are not that many non-street Morgans around sadly

Ll

Hi @Breathe
Have a look at my Abu Dhabi F1 track file data folder. Also the camera_facing.ini attached
  1. You need to open object inspector on the track you want to add the crowd to
  2. then alt click the object - usually the seats in the stands
  3. copy the 'material' name then paste into the 'surface' name
  4. choose sitting or standing then copy rest of entry as below

Note - sometimes it wont work for all tracks and can cause a crash - COTA is one that works for me but others have said it crashes their setup

Hope that helps

View attachment 1099738
Example;

[CAMERA_FACING_0] ;increase by 1 for each stand selection
SURFACE=obj-paddock-b01 ;enter copied material name here
ELEMENTS=10000 ;reduce or increase as required for amount of spectators
SIZE=0.8,1.4 ;Keep this for sitting spectators
TEXTURE=content/texture/people_sit.dds
TEXTURE_ROWS=3 ;Keep this for sitting spectators
TEXTURE_COLUMNS=7 ;Keep this for sitting spectators
SHADED=1 ;Leave as is
DIFFUSE=0.025,0.025,0.025 ;Leave as is
AMBIENT=0.085,0.085,0.085 ;Leave as is

[CAMERA_FACING_1]
SURFACE=obj-tribun-i20
ELEMENTS=1000
SIZE=0.7,1.9
TEXTURE=content/texture/people_stand.dds
TEXTURE_ROWS=2
TEXTURE_COLUMNS=11
SHADED=1
DIFFUSE=0.025,0.025,0.025
AMBIENT=0.085,0.085,0.085
Thank you very much. I hope that will help a friend 😀

3D clouds seem to have improved but still don't have the variety of the 2D skyboxes, and still look kind of fake to me. I'm guessing there won't be a 2D cloud option with Pure?
My biggest concern though is Pure's reliance on autoexposure, as it's the first thing I turn off in PP filters. In VR you're constantly moving your view, looking left and right at mirrors, and even over your shoulders at times. With AE active the light levels outside change with head movement as if someone is pissing about with a dimmer switch. Fake AE isn't needed, especially in first person view and especially in VR. Our eyes are superb at doing it properly themselves.
I'm with you on my hope that Pure will still allow for turning AE off. In my little bit of time fooling around with it, I created a filter where I set the max\min AE numbers to the same value and that seems to keep the exposure from changing constantly even with AE on. So it kind of works like having AE off. I haven't tested it enough to see how that effects different lighting situations though. It might cause night time or cloudy situations to be too bright since the exposure isn't changing like Peter is wanting it to do.

Thx for replies guys ! and yes ninezeroniner you are right, I want to get rid of the rain physics for the GUE gt4's. it's really annoying.
No one knows how ?

shi
I fixed the mapping, can you send me the texture?
Here's the DDS. I increased the resolution and redid the Michelin logos again.

Forward route is OK, slight mismatch on the second 'M' but your new mapping should resolve that
Screenshot_honda_civic_ep3_track_magnificent-park_16-12-121-13-13-55.jpg

The mapping on the other side of the bridge needs tweaking, the logos repeat/overlap at the bottom ('MICHELINE'). Only really visible in replays or in mirrors unless you do reverse routes, although the reverse sides of the bridges can be seen when driving other parts of the track.
Screenshot_honda_civic_ep3_track_magnificent-park_16-12-121-13-14-57.jpg

Also, 2D Clouds also cast more balanced shadows (at least for now).
In cockpit view comparison, 3D clouds create strong, totally black shadows casted from the driver's arms to the dashboard, for example. So 2D are much better for the actual driving.

Also, 2D Clouds also cast more balanced shadows (at least for now).
In cockpit view comparison, 3D clouds create strong, totally black shadows casted from the driver's arms to the dashboard, for example. So 2D are much better for the actual driving.
For now, I only use 3d clouds if I feel like experiencing a thunderstorm (which doesn't work when 2d clouds are active). Otherwise always 2d because they simply look more realistic to me.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back