Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,702 comments
Ferrarri 458 GT3 (Race)

Ive done an updated version of the 458 GT3 "street legal" from a mod author called Jay Yang.

It now has a racing cockpit, new steering wheel, rims etc.

New power/weight as per real car.

Made 2 quick race skins but ideally needs more.

Enjoy!

__custom_showroom_1640205390.png

__custom_showroom_1640204297.png

Last edited:
Hi,
does anyone know if this exact generation of the Porsche 911 997 RSR Evo exists for AC? If someone has a link or something, I would really appreciate it a lot!

Attachments

• Porsche 997 RSR ProSpeed 2015 Le Mans 2.png
    Porsche 997 RSR ProSpeed 2015 Le Mans 2.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Porsche 997 RSR ProSpeed 2015 Le Mans 3.png
    Porsche 997 RSR ProSpeed 2015 Le Mans 3.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Porsche 997 RSR ProSpeed 2015 Le Mans 6.png
    Porsche 997 RSR ProSpeed 2015 Le Mans 6.png
    189 KB · Views: 19
Hi Friends!

I'm talking about Phakisa Raceway - Welkom
I love this track for memories of 1st Valentino Rossi victory with Yamaha!

Thanks a lot!
Lo
Here is a very quick and dirty ext_config (delete .txt off the filename, unzip and drop in the track folder). Really just adds GrassFX and darkens the grass a little. As @Zwiss pointed out, there is some opportunity here for a full upgrade of the shaders, but my knowledge does not extend that far. Have this one for now :D

Attachments

• extension.7z.txt
    774 bytes · Views: 23
I could work on this, to bring it to 2021 standards in 3DSimed and Blender.

From who we obtain permission? I suppose Mechanic72 on RD?
The meshes are 15 years old :) You can ask him, if he is not putting more time into it, he will be glad you will :)

Maybe it has to do with your far pane settings? Otherwise someone must be heating the hot air during the 1st lap and then just release it into the balloon :)

We will check this, thanks for bringing it out

Last edited:
Sounds great, just got the 1.77 update as well, what is possible now in VR? How is FSR helping?
FSR didn't seem to do much for me but I've not played with the settings yet.
Are CSP wiper animations now fixed in VR or do the blades still glitch all over the place?
I can't remember which cars have them to test.

Last edited:
Maybe it has to do with your far pane settings? Otherwise someone must be heating the hot air during the 1st lap and then just release it into the balloon :)

We will check this, thanks for bringing it out
Haha...
No, I can see the top of the balloon (did more laps while testing some cars) over the trees in the first lap. Going into the second lap there's no sign of it until I cross the S/F line. Then it suddenly pops at a higher altitude. I have no idea how that is possible. As I wrote, I never had this happen with any ballon on any track.
Just come to think of it, I installed the latest CSP version a couple of hours ago, but I doubt it has something to do with this...

Edit: it did not change my far plane settings, they are still at 2000, 3000

Last edited:
You are saying that it is not worth bothering or that it has a lot of work to bring it to life?
I just mean that at the moment the track is in a bad (very old) state and it's always nice to have a better version.
A lot can be done in KsEditor with the shaders and a few better textures, so go for it :)
But it would be polite to check if Mechanic7 is already at it.

There is already a small upgrade at RD:

Last edited:
But it would be polite to check if Mechanic7 is already at it.
It was the very first thing I asked, because obviously I am going to mess with another guys work - which I do not want if he doesn't allow to do so and on the other hand it is a waste of time to begin working at something that someone is already after.

Thanks for the advise and the info. I will contact Mechanic72 and IF he responds I will inform everyone about what is going to happen

Last edited:
Thank you very much, I'm really proud to read those lines.

This is my first release in which the tyre model is finalized to a state that I consider stable and I'm really glad that someone can feel the difference. Now I think I'm going to implement it to the rest of our rework.
I do like it too but it feels a bit too powerful.
Compared it with the '94 Rd Atlanta race where the old track layout was quite a bit faster without that hard braking point after the back straight, without any practise I was able to match those times easily on a much slower track.
Accel in higher gears is perhaps a bit too quick.

@Fanapryde

I just finished a quick 10laps race with RSS3 and I cannot reproduce this balloon behavior. I suggest for now to delete bal_heineken.kn5 from track folder or rename it to .bak until we find what is going on

AUTOPOLIS 2009 v 3.0

I updated the Autopolis track from NFS Shift.
Update 3.0
----------
Added Cams by LaBaeda
Removed floating object (leftover)
Tuned many materials (roads, grass, white lines, water
Optimization - Improved FPS
Added physical road mesh
Added Kunos crowds
Added extra layout.
Added missing curbs at shortcut.
Added AI for short version.

UPDATED TO v3.1 !!! Link changed:

View attachment 1098131

Feel free to p.m. me on Racedepartment or GT Planet for suggestions or contributions.

Greetz
Someone can share again this map?

Why is it--all of a sudden--can't I change the %@&$!# time of day in CM? What &%@![# box did I accidentally check to get myself in this >^+%#@ pickle? TIA....

Last edited:
RE the Geroda Supra recently released, any chance that someone can fix that ugly copy-paste texture here which is meant to be a digital instrument, please?

1640213754392.png

I've had that issue in the past with some mods and if I remember correctly, adding these lines to the car's extension file should fix that issue:

[SMART_MIRROR]
DISALLOW_REFLECTION_TILTING = 1 ; disable that simple tilting effect (for cars with monitors)
DISALLOW_MAPPING_NORMALIZATION = 1 ; by default since 0.1.49 Custom Shaders Patch automatically remaps UV
; for mirrors to make sure aspect ratio is correct. Set this value to 1 to disable it for a particular car.
; Requires AC reload if changed.
Thanks, that fixed the issue I had with the McLaren M8C from AC Legends. It had no extension folder, so I added one with a ext_config.ini containing only these lines = mirror fixed 🤩

Why is it--all of a sudden--can't I change the %@&$!# time of day in CM? What &%@![# box did I accidentally check to get myself in this >^+%#@ pickle? TIA....

Check to make sure you didn't enable Random Time, Real Conditions or Ideal Conditions. If you do any of those, the time of day slider gets disabled.

Last edited:
Thanks, that fixed the issue I had with the McLaren M8C from AC Legends. It had no extension folder, so I added one with a ext_config.ini containing only these lines = mirror fixed 🤩
Glad that I could return the favour for some of the help you've given me Fanapryde. 🤝

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back