Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,042 comments
You can't do it with CM. You have to edit the data.acd file. Here, i've replaced the tyres on McLaren and Benetton for you to try. Also reduced the weight as others said. Both cars are now aproximatly 3-5 seconds a lap faster depending on the track. In 1991 qualy pace was 5 seconds faster than race pace, so this will put cars closer to qualy pace (depending on track, somwhere even exactly at that pace), but the cars are now too fast for race pace. As you wish. If you don't like it, I included original data.acd file in seperate folder so you can go back. If this is something that you like, I can make all the other cars for you. Remove .txt behind the file and extract to correct folder.

This a test qualy at Spa 1993 (Bennetton and Mclaren on RSS tyres, Senna and Piquet had some traffic I guess, but you can still see the difference):
Thank you very much. To change tires, you simply unpacked the date.acd and replaced tires.ini ? I would like to learn how to do it myself, but if it is more difficult than i think, i will be grateful for the replacement of tires on other cars f1 1991 from ACP ))

Is someone working on Surfers Paradise street circuit or Philip Island. I remember some discussion about the motoGP version of Phillip Island but I can't remember if that was someones project...

Just to "illustrate" it's not just "fanatec" that you live... A company based here where I live in Brazil is present here at our "Festa da Uva", event in the city.." some of their products.. ..in the case of "racing simulators"...

In which city is this Festa da Uva? I know Jundiaí has one, is it there?

Got a changelog? Can't access it on my phone.

v0.1.77 (-> this is the text from the 1.78 preview, for more details see the attached txt-file)​

• Version ID: 1937
  • Tags: untested
  • Size: 61.64 MB

Changelog:​

• New server options:
    • New method to calculate wheel positions for remote cars, should be somewhat better if remote car has jumped or flipped (optional);
    • Also with that new method, server can optionally let clients exchange data on toe and camber for more accurate wheels positioning;
    • And also, new method might reduce CPU load for clients;
    • Make disconnected cars visible;
    • Adjust amount of those spectating 2D people in stands;
    • Limit controls lock time;
    • Force headlights for all cars without making server CSP-only;
    • Stop some pitlanes from counting towards serving drivethrough penalty (for example, secondary pitlane on Spa);
    • Configure collisions between cars (make them softer, stiffer, bouncier, etc.; depends on what the server might need);
    • Enable lap invalidation for laps with car going through pits;
    • Verify integrity of miscellaneous Assetto Corsa files;
    • Force specific CSP modules to be active;
    • To extended previously added NO_BACK_TO_PITS: now possible to allow to use pits for cars that are already in their pit position (for accessing setups);
  • GamepadFX:
    • New module altering gamepad inputs with a Lua script implementing new control schemes or simply acting like an assist;
    • New script “Custom” by Dmitrii A. which uses forces acting on steering wheel;
  • GUI:

Attachments

• lights-patch-v0.1.78-preview1-full.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Guys, the sun is too strong how can we make it less strong ?
Screenshot_wtcr_volkswagen_golf_gti_ks_barcelona_28-1-122-18-17-48.jpg

Guys, the sun is too strong how can we make it less strong ?
View attachment 1118473
I'd like to know which values to change as well. I download all this amazing looking PP filters and then when i open them up it looks like a nuclear blast has gone off in the distance and the PP filter is terribly over done with lens glare, you can barely see where you are going with some, i cant work out how some people release them thinking thats how the world looks?! Maybe im in the minority...

dms
Change the lod distance. Mine:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=25

[LOD_0]
FILE=gp_2022_f175.kn5
IN=0
OUT=2500

[LOD_1]
IN=2500
OUT=4500
FILE=gp_2022_f175_lod_b.kn5

[LOD_2]
IN=4500
OUT=20000
FILE=gp_2022_f175_lod_c.kn5
Hello, even if I no longer find the message where you answered me a few hours ago, I tried to carry out the operations you said, to change the LODs of the car. But my CM does not allow me to extract the files from data.acd, how can I solve? Do I need to activate something in CM?
Thank you.

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 15
Hello, even if I no longer find the message where you answered me a few hours ago, I tried to carry out the operations you said, to change the LODs of the car. But my CM does not allow me to extract the files from data.acd, how can I solve? Do I need to activate something in CM?
Thank you.
Yes.
Your 'Unpack data' (Comprimi data) is gray. You must go to Informazione and then click several times on the game version to activate it.

1646072491993.png

Last edited:
Thank you.
You need to click repeatedly on the version number of content manager, once you do this it will ask you if you want to enable dev apps (?) I think.... It asks you to enable something, click yes, and then when you go back to them car content page you'll be able to extract the data.

Thank you very much. To change tires, you simply unpacked the date.acd and replaced tires.ini ? I would like to learn how to do it myself, but if it is more difficult than i think, i will be grateful for the replacement of tires on other cars f1 1991 from ACP ))
It's not that simple. I usualy don't change the tyre, rims size and width. Cause you then have to change other parameters that would be affected by bigger/smaller tyres, like ride height,... Also you need to copy over all the .lut files that are mentioned in the changed tyres.ini (temps and wear curves), next you have to check how the optimal preassures for tyres changed and adjust setup.ini accordingly (not needed here), also if you change tyres from very different cars, you have to change a lot of small settings for interia, angles,.... cause the cars behave very differently (not needed here, cause cars are about the same power, size, weight, ride height,...)

New data for all cars in attachment.

Attachments

• asr-rss-tyres-data.zip.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Is it just me or does CSP 1.78 preview 1 make my GPU runs hotter than before? Like 10c hotter than CSP 1.77 with the same setting.

Avg: 50c to 60c - 1.77
Avg: Slightly above 70c - 1.78

Not a GPU killer, but I can imagine it can easily shoot up to +80c during a hot summer day. well... It not like I can easily pick up a new GPU nowadays. Gotta cure for my GPU like a newborn baby, Also I keep MSI Afterburner on with fan control for every game I play.

Changelog of Fixes:

• Windows 7 support is fixed (especially sorry about that one, didn’t mean to do it);
  • Stereo mirrors in VR fixed;
  • ExtraFX: overly blurred with some configurations (and not really working in general as intended) TAA fixed;
  • Overly bright extra lights in and on some modded cars fixed (now light-to-emissive-bounding behaviour automatically switches to an older buggy version for mods that need it);
  • Fixed overly bright light cast by sparks with ExtraFX and screen-space lights;
  • Failing to load textures from ZIP files fixed;
  • Broken in some occasions solid color textures (for example, messing up Toyota GT86) fixed;
  • Black windscreen dirt in some combination of settings with some cars fixed;
  • Live WeatherFX controller fixed;
  • Telltale reset button binding is fixed;
  • Drive-through penalties set for speeding up in pits resetting when leaving pits in some circumstances fixed;
  • Windscreen wipers shaking with speed fixed (could lead to strange jumping with some configurations before);
  • Removing meshes with extension script leading to sometimes AC crashing on launch fixed;
  • WeatherFX: reflection brightness and saturation adjustments now apply to SSLR as well, unloading textures fixed;
  • ExtraFX: a few issues with SSLR leading to overly dark reflections in fog and similar issues are fixed;
  • TyresFX: shading for damaged tyres fixed;
  • Dynamic shadows remaining from disconnected cars fixed;
  • Dynamic shadows cast from meshes invisible with alpha testing (for example, Santa Monica Mountains) or because of world detail level fixed;
  • Dynamic shadows optimized and improved with proper gaussian blur;
  • Driver VAO would no longer be applied with custom driver model replaced via an extension config;
  • Setting UI scale would no longer mess up navigators and such;
  • Issue with track displays sometimes crashing the game during loading fixed;
  • Driver hiding before the start of the race fixed (now hiding seatbelt and switching vertex AO set);
  • Nice screenshots: ETA text format fixed, quality of rear view mirrors fixed;
  • Changing master audio level live fixed;
  • Custom physics: ballast fixed;
  • Virtual mirror sometimes disappearing (for example, with original smoke particles) fixed;
  • Issue with overly bright lights (above 60000 in brightness) producing black artifacts fixed;
  • Server option allowing clients to drive in wrong way now works even for clients with “New Behaviour” module disabled;
  • New starting camera trajectories no longer result in messed up visuals with flying grass and such;
  • Extended physics turbo not showing up negative pressure properly fixed;
  • Bug with some cars with extended physics not driving forward because of unfortunate comment in “engine.ini” fixed properly (previous fix only worked with cars without packed data);
  • Video players now initialize in background to make sure there wouldn’t be a lag;
  • Distant emissives not working if mesh was loaded from an additional KN5 fixed;
  • Distant emissives area glow now works with origin shift;
  • TAA in refracting headlights not always functioning properly (and causing headlights to look dimmer than they should have) fixed;
  • Refracting lights generating messed up internal normal map in some cases fixed;
  • New UI: simplified transparency fixed;
  • VHS filter is compatible with CAS now;
  • Partial live reloading for cars and tracks fixed (now working better with generic configs);
  • Improved multi-user inputs support (for example, in split-screen mode secondary user now can use CSP keyboard input tweaks and such);
  • New Modes crash fixed;
  • Teleport destinations fixed: issues with scrolling, crash with too many elements;
  • Bug with optional car parts misbehaving with distance fixed;
  • New flames: interior audio fixed;
  • Triple mode tweaks: driver name tag for nearest car is hidden now;
  • Clicking on scene (for example, for auto-focus) in triple fixed;
  • Grass culling in triple screen mode fixed;
  • Visually adjustable wings are synced online now;
  • Splitscreen mode: improved support for multiple wheels, flickering, shadows and few other issues fixed;
  • Cars ABS not accessible from setup menu if present but not active by default fixed;
  • Smoke, other particle effects and occlusion on tyres for remote cars online fixed;
  • Issue with glass meshes getting lit up from the back too much with VAO patches fixed;
  • Assetto Corsa no longer crashes when activating AI for main car without preferred tyres set;
  • Smoke works properly with disabled soft particles;
  • Smoke brightness fixed;
  • Bug with AC rarely loading into black screen until PP filter is changed fixed (hopefully);
  • Unlinking digits from turbo adjustment now no longer stops other AC functions bound to digits;
  • Enabling AI driver when using mouse steering now stops hiding mouse cursor;
  • Fixed issue with new chat in start menu if new UI scale is not 100%;
  • Car input SPEEDLIMITER now reacts to manually enabled pits speed limiter;
  • Escape-to-unpause no longer unpauses AC if there is another window in foreground;
  • A few smaller fixes and stability improvements.
Great! Finally TAA blurryness and emissive lighting in odometers fixed! Also track extensions should work now again! Yes!

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back