Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,087 comments
is it possible to hide objects from certain views only?

the wheels are poking into the cockpit

Screenshot_ks_alfa_33_stradale_amx_amc_spa_20-3-122-2-1-44.jpg

Killing some time trying to update some of my ACC converts. Anyone know what is the latest version of BK Studios Audi R8 LMS 2019? Mine still says 1.0. I also saw a skin at RD for the BK Studio's Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO, but I can't find that car anywhere. Anyone got a link? Thanks...

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a real thing and where do you get it. One of my favorite mods has backwards mirrors and i've been trying to find a way to fix them. I told the mod maker about it, but he seems uninterested in fixing them. Thanks...
I'm not at my sim racing PC right now, but as far as I know, it's just one of the standard 'develop apps' that you can switch on in CSP via the UI. I don't recall getting it from anywhere else.

EDIT: The app is now linked in a post from jac0 on the last page, so anyone can try it now. 🙂 👍

Last edited:
Insert these into the ext_config file, should work, though vertically smooshed.

[REAL_MIRROR_0]
ROTATION = 0.1, 0.0
FOV = 5
ASPECT_MULT = 1
IS_MONITOR = 0
FLIP = 1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
ROTATION = 0.045, 0.0
FOV = 8
ASPECT_MULT = 1
IS_MONITOR = 0
FLIP = 0

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
ROTATION = -0.15, 0.0
FOV = 5
ASPECT_MULT = 1
IS_MONITOR = 0
FLIP = 1
i did but it doesn't work unfortunately

Hi all!

Anyone have a link to a Viper Competition Coupe GT2/3 I can't find any links anywhere would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Last edited:

This looks great on a flat screen as in this vid but when in VR it is spooky realistic. I'm not quite sure what it is but it just takes you to another level when you can see the individual stones at the side of the road and the undulations in the road surface. I'm really looking forward to the next update as this version 0.0.1 is better than most 'finished' tracks.

If you are looking for more tracks that look amazing in VR, try this one:

But be careful, this mountain road is like a rollercoaster ride. And in VR it looks almost scary to drive close to an edge.

Hi all!

Anyone have a link to a Viper Competition Coupe GT2/3 I can't find any links anywhere would be greatly appreciated thank you!
Welcome.
AssettoLand had it so it will take a while to be downloadable again.
In the meanwhile...

There are 1 or two skins on RD if I remember well.

That's a mod by me (ZeldaACFan17 on RD) ;) I'm thinking of updating it but I'm going to need some help from others in the AC modding community
Well thanks for the mod! :cheers:
You forgot to answer my question though... :lol: Anyway, I've been told by the URD Discord folks that yes, it's still relevant.
Now I have to go and tweak 15 cars :crazy:

i did but it doesn't work unfortunately
You need to enable the "Real Mirrors" option in the CSP "Smart Mirror" settings. The configs are typically stored in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\real_mirrors.

don't recall where i got it from but here's a copy of the zip file of the app mentioned :
The app was linked in Ilja's last Patreon post together with the 0.1.78 preview1. I've been a long time user of the BLMCar app but this new app is even more useful.

Last edited:
Welcome.
AssettoLand had it so it will take a while to be downloadable again.
In the meanwhile...

There are 1 or two skins on RD if I remember well.

Well thanks for the mod! :cheers:
You forgot to answer my question though... :lol: Anyway, I've been told by the URD Discord folks that yes, it's still relevant.
Now I have to go and tweak 15 cars :crazy:
Thank you I am very grateful!!

Reposting from Assetto Corsa Mod Central Facebook Group, so the mod isn't mine, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to send a direct link, but it's there in the group. But this is a really need addition to the AC lineup. This is made by Daniel Yeung.

------------------------ RELEASE ------------------------
Nissan GT-R Proto 2005
Hello everyone, this is my first completed conversion:
Given my limited ability, this car cannot be said to be a finished product,If a capable senior brother is willing, he can also help improve this car. I don’t mind.
I hope everyone likes it.
BHP: 438hp
NM : 436nm
3D Shell:GT6
3D conversion: Myself.
Body, Rims AO Work:Myself
Thank you all for your patience!
Enjoy!!!!
1647768000140.png
1647768011379.png
1647768018346.png

1647767864947.png

Yikes.

Already a red flag if they use AC mods to "feed their families" which is absolutely asinine unless you're the likes of Ilja which is fully deserved.

Lets not even talk about the quality of the mod itself......

Half-assed exterior AO. No interior AO

Physics don't even get me started. Each car having the exact same physics. The Aston being the exact same as the Red Bull? If only Seb could have that kind of experience irl

And they charged 20 euros for this????? Jfc yet another reason why 99% of paid mods are stupid. At they very least they didn't try to encrypt it
You read my mind

At the end, I sell myself to the highest bidder. I could feel bad for ACFL because they made the model from scratch, but there are many inaccuracies that makes me think that their modeller didn't saw all the cars at all the angles. That's not a good and profesional work. Also the materials/shaders are not at the level of a modding studio.

Overall, all of their cars are the same.

Last edited:
Skin noob question :
whenever a modder uses a separate DDS for logos, how do you make the logo appear on the alpha channel on Photoshop ?
Cause I can hide the previous logos on the alpha channel but it also masks the new one.
Any help appreciated there
In the alpha layer the new logo must be white. White in alpha layer means, its visible. Black means invisible. You Know what i mean?
If not, i can show you an example.

Last edited:
Reposting from Assetto Corsa Mod Central Facebook Group, so the mod isn't mine, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to send a direct link, but it's there in the group. But this is a really need addition to the AC lineup. This is made by Daniel Yeung.

------------------------ RELEASE ------------------------
Nissan GT-R Proto 2005
Hello everyone, this is my first completed conversion:
Given my limited ability, this car cannot be said to be a finished product,If a capable senior brother is willing, he can also help improve this car. I don’t mind.
I hope everyone likes it.
BHP: 438hp
NM : 436nm
3D Shell:GT6
3D conversion: Myself.
Body, Rims AO Work:Myself
Thank you all for your patience!
Enjoy!!!!View attachment 1126536View attachment 1126537View attachment 1126538

View attachment 1126535
VERY weird driver posture for anyone using VR, he's like a levitating midget with stomach cramps. This car desperately needs a much more appropriate steer.ksanim.
One from any of the many other GT-Rs would probably be a much better fit.
Edit: yep, 2 min job to swap the Kunos driver in and rescale/reposition him and add the missing paddle shift hand animations. Much better now.

Good to see the cockpit glass transparency issue from previous cars seems to be resolved though, hopefully he'll update the previous cars too.
Not sure why so many modders these days seem to love their pitch-black silhouette cockpits with all the geometry detail crushed by 0.1 ksAmbient materials settings...

Last edited:
Vitus Parc 2009 v1.02 (link updated2)

Conversion from GTR2.
Fictional circuit in Switzerland.
Screenshot_acu_rsxtypes_02_vitus_parc_2009_19-2-122-18-43-42.jpg

-CSP required
-48 pit/start
-4 layout
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTR2 Original Track by Fredhot and Thierrydu81
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for their work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @KevinK2
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Edited textures, logo_switzerland.dds, helis/planes/blimp by @Masscot
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Masscot , @RMi_wood , @KevinK2

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed problem with helicopter not working.

v1.02 changelog;
-The number of pits for the International/Club layout was reduced to 36.
(Solved the problem of not being able to get out of the pit.)

Last edited:
shi
Vitus Parc 2009 v1.0

Conversion from GTR2.
Fictional circuit in Switzerland.View attachment 1126588
-CSP required
-48 pit/start
-4 layout
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;

AI by @KevinK2
logo.png by @Fanapryde
some textures by kunos

Enjoy.
Lovely track this, great fun to drive, lots of variation and look really nice thanks to all of @shi's hard work. Top job!

In the alpha layer the new logo must be white. White in alpha layer means, its visible. Black means invisible. You Know what i mean?
If not, i can show you an example.
Yeah that I know, but the new logo never appears on the alpha channel - even when fusing all the layers together. So they don't appear at all lol

Yeah that I know, but the new logo never appears on the alpha channel - even when fusing all the layers together. So they don't appear at all lol
So you have added your new logo to the alpha layer?

OK. here is how i do it in photoshop:

Step 1: add your logos
Step 2: "select all"
Step 3: copy
Step 4: switch to alpa channel and "paste"
Step 5: click to show all layers in alpha channel
Step 6: position your logos/logo in alpha channel to fit with all layers
Step 7: hide all layers except the alpha layer and paint it white
Step 8: now you can see your logos in the alpha channel are white

save it as dxt5 or something with alpha channel.
step1.JPG
step2.jpg
step3.jpg
step4.jpg
step5.jpg
step6.jpg
step7.jpg
step8.jpg

Last edited:
any Audi Sport Quattro S1 e2 sound mods out there? couldn't find anything here or on RD. Driving it on gravel I can barely hear the engine.

VERY weird driver posture for anyone using VR, he's like a levitating midget with stomach cramps. This car desperately needs a much more appropriate steer.ksanim.
One from any of the many other GT-Rs would probably be a much better fit.
Edit: yep, 2 min job to swap the Kunos driver in and rescale/reposition him and add the missing paddle shift hand animations. Much better now.

Good to see the cockpit glass transparency issue from previous cars seems to be resolved though, hopefully he'll update the previous cars too.
Not sure why so many modders these days seem to love their pitch-black silhouette cockpits with all the geometry detail crushed by 0.1 ksAmbient materials settings...
And is it just me or the car feels..really slow? Slow in the context of not really feeling like 430-440hp.

Last edited:
shi
Vitus Parc 2009 v1.01 (link updated)

Conversion from GTR2.
Fictional circuit in Switzerland.View attachment 1126588
-CSP required
-48 pit/start
-4 layout
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;

AI by @KevinK2
logo.png by @Fanapryde
some textures by kunos

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
Fixed problem with helicopter not working.
v1.01 changelog;
Fixed problem with helicopter not working.

So you have added your new logo to the alpha layer?

OK. here is how i do it in photoshop:

Step 1: add your logos
Step 2: "select all"
Step 3: copy
Step 4: switch to alpa channel and "paste"
Step 5: click to show all layers in alpha channel
Step 6: position your logos/logo in alpha channel to fit with all layers
Step 7: hide all layers except the alpha layer and paint it white
Step 8: now you can see your logos in the alpha channel are white

save it as dxt5 or something with alpha channel. View attachment 1126603View attachment 1126614View attachment 1126605View attachment 1126606View attachment 1126607View attachment 1126608View attachment 1126609View attachment 1126610
Doesn't work when other logos are there - well it does but the logos in black just become transparent.
**** that ****, more trouble than it's worth.

Doesn't work when other logos are there - well it does but the logos in black just become transparent.
** that **, more trouble than it's worth.
Normaly black logos should not be transparent and stay black, if they are white in alpha channel. and why it doesnt work if there are other logos?
Never had this problem.

Can you send my the file? I can look at it.
And wich car is it?

Last edited:
Trying to use the Car Mirrors Configurator from Ilja, all I get in game is a gray window.
It is presently installed in AC/apps/LUA, should it be in AC/apps/Python?

Last edited:
Normaly black logos should not be transparent and stay black, if they are white in alpha channel. and why it doesnt work if there are other logos?
Never had this problem.

Can you send my the file? I can look at it.
And wich car is it?
ACFL McLaren 2022.

DDS in question : https://we.tl/t-V31VBVUfwR

Wanted to swap the Android logo with the McLaren Artura at the Bahrain tests. But I can't do it lol.

formula-1-news-2022-mclaren-mc-2.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back