Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
@Pyyer Thank you for your creations - I know how much time is needed just to do my changes so I really appreciate what you and others do to make our AC F1 experience more immersive - Especially as it comes to us 'Gratis' - Like you I work on the tracks that are free first (not the case with Miami but hey ho) and adjust to what is best in terms of extras - Now i am in my 6th decade I would have never believed that racing sims could come this far (VIC-20's rock!) - It's given me a whole new experience of racing around the world without even buying a plane ticket 🤣 Keep up the great work - whatever track it is - Its really appreciated
Some goes to you Cozy... your championships are so much fun. Such an old sim with your work and the others work too is probably my racing game highlight in my 40 years of life to date. Hugely appreciative of all the work.

Would lose my mind if you ever tackled something like the current V8 Supercars season in the same way you do F1... it's beyond phenomenal. Thanks so much.

I'm a bit confused. This update is better than FatAlfie_Bremgarten_Improved_EXT_CONFIG___VAO_by_CrisT86_v1.1?
Better? That's a personal opinion. The VAO's can be used with any ext_config so keep those from CrisT's update. My update adds seasonal adjustments for fall and winter to the ext_config and the needed tree skins so that the trunks don't turn color in the fall. If you read my description on RD, it explains what you need to do to get the seasonal adjustments in to CrisT's version. If you don't care about seasonal adjustments, then just stick with CrisT's version. The differences between our ext_config files are minimal. I have slightly different grassfx and rainfx settings.

Better? That's a personal opinion. The VAO's can be used with any ext_config so keep those from CrisT's update. My update adds seasonal adjustments for fall and winter to the ext_config and the needed tree skins so that the trunks don't turn color in the fall. If you read my description on RD, it explains what you need to do to get the seasonal adjustments in to CrisT's version. If you don't care about seasonal adjustments, then just stick with CrisT's version. The differences between our ext_config files are minimal. I have slightly different grassfx and rainfx settings.
You don't noticed ? at the end. I just asked. :)

@benbaron @DaWallace Nice job with the M2 GT2. One thing though (and probably already reported) - the wiper pauses at the top of the sweep arc when wiping constantly.
solved this problem with an infinite cycle on the curve animation , basically the tangency of the start and end point should be matched together , here on the ktm ->

1648660587867.png

Result ->

Before I went to bed last night, I had a quick check on the Rollovers DPi's. There appeared to be what I think is a mistake or a typo in the ai.ini for all the cars (trail hint number).

I remembered that a while back @Caddy_DPi uploaded a DPi physics swap for these cars, which I found in my archive. In it, he adjusted that number and perhaps changed the physics a bit, not to mention different sounds. I reinstalled that, and the cars and the ai worked much better. It looked like the original link is down, so I hope he doesn't mind if I share it. If he complains I will remove it:

Today I was going the check the GTP DPi's later today but it looks like you already did- glad to hear they work better. You also mentioned a few other cars, but I did not have a problem with the VRC Formula NA 2021 and an Oreca IMSA that I had in my install, tested at 100% strength and 80% aggression.
Thank you for your help and researches. Being able to simulate IMSA on optimized long beach ( version ( Terra21 + nrms (0.8) ) with well working AI was something that I wanted so hard for few years now on AC. It's like a dream come true. Concerning the VRC indycar may be the AI issue was on my old unoptimized Long Beach that i've still used 2 day ago because today i have no issues at all. The VRC cars behave bizzarly when my PC CPU is saturated , slow mo, emitting tire smoke like steam machine, crashes, etc. None ofe my AC cars do that. With the old Long beach I was around 22 fps on triple screen so easy to make the AI crazy. Now i'm around 50-60 which is still low for purists but good enugh for me.

Looks vital...but it won't let me register
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page there's a tiny button to accept the terms, once you click that, it'll bring up the registration form. Haven't tried the registration itself since I'm already registered.

@Raphael87 was referring to the non _chk version.

Ist es normal, dass der CSP-Patch die Helmanimation unterbricht? wurde das gemeldet? Sie können es in der TV-Ansicht sehen. der Helm des Fahrers springt ebenso wie die Animation. Coming a fix ?
Even though German is my primary language I struggle to understand your question...

Camera Tool should definitely be in your second picture.
I installed it manually, what about you? Drag'n'drop in CM?
Ok solved, Camtool is now available in game, but, when I try to load downloaded camera sets, I have not file in loading screen...why??? I've put them in data folder of the app...

Attachments

• Immagine4.png
    Immagine4.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Can someone help me fix this GR Supra's mirrors so that they actually work please?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KAqs_Z ... sp=sharing
https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME90JK8

It works great from the outside, but from the interior they are just not working at all.

I've been fixing the materials on the car (which is still a WIP), but I can't seem to fix the mirrors.
If you guys are interested in a realistic driving GR Supra, I'll release it here once I'm done with everything.

RSS FH X 2022 - F1 2022 Full Season ‘Custom Championship' 1.4
03_australia_gp22 v1.1 update
View attachment 1131168

Based on the base track: melbourne_2019_v1.5.7z by acu and updated by , patrikPAT, Sliderman

2022 Modifications of Circuit
(DOES NOT INCLUDE NEW LAYOUT - YET)
GDrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing
Hi Cozy,

In looking for what might be the right track, along with finding the 1.05 version I also found this 1.11 version here:

I haven't driven either yet, but 1.11 seems to have some stuff missing and some things added, one being a vao file. Not sure if it may be useful to you or not, maybe cut down some time on updating of the track for your season mod. Thought though, since I found it let you know about it. Hope it helps!

Thank you for your help and researches. Being able to simulate IMSA on optimized long beach ( version ( Terra21 + nrms (0.8) ) with well working AI was something that I wanted so hard for few years now on AC. It's like a dream come true. Concerning the VRC indycar may be the AI issue was on my old unoptimized Long Beach that i've still used 2 day ago because today i have no issues at all. The VRC cars behave bizzarly when my PC CPU is saturated , slow mo, emitting tire smoke like steam machine, crashes, etc. None ofe my AC cars do that. With the old Long beach I was around 22 fps on triple screen so easy to make the AI crazy. Now i'm around 50-60 which is still low for purists but good enugh for me.
Yes I reworked the ai from the original version, so as long as you have a clean install it should be a little better without as much crashing.

Funny I have the same problem with VRC Indy's, more so with the older ones. There appears to be some bug- on some tracks I inexplicably will get like 18 fps with those cars. I've never been able to figure it out. No other cars I have in my collection will do that. I like driving their mods a lot (I own just about every one), but their ai always gives me issues when doing track ai. A lot of times the hints I create are just to accommodate their cars, because I know lots of people will want to use their mods on these particular tracks. I just have to be careful that those hints don't nerf other cars to noticeably as a result.

Anyway, glad to hear you got it working.

Ok solved, Camtool is now available in game, but, when I try to load downloaded camera sets, I have not file in loading screen...why??? I've put them in data folder of the app...
There's a good chance you maybe downloaded Camtool files for another version of the track, or maybe another layout of the same track.
Anyway once the Camtool file is in assettocorsa\apps\python\CamTool_2\data, you press "load" and you should see all the Camtool files for that track.
Just as a test try with another track.. possibly a Kunos one so you can be sure there are not multiple versions of the same track.

Con buona probabilità hai scaricato un file Camtool per un'altra versione della pista, o forse per un altro layout della stessa pista.
Comunque, una volta che il file è in assettocorsa\apps\python\CamTool_2\data, premendo "load" dovresti visualizzare tutti i file Camtool per quella pista.
Giusto come test, prova con un'altra pista... possibilmente una Kunos così sei sicuro che non ci sono multiple versione della stessa pista.

Daje, daje, daje che ci sei quasi :)

Last edited:
Bentley Continental GT3 updated by Assettoland

View attachment 827194
View attachment 827195

VISUAL UPDATE by delpinsky

Fix V1.3

— new steering wheel (from ACC)
— new steering animation
— fixed Racelogic text transparency

Fix V1.2

— added missing arial_hd.txt in fonts folder
— added endurance lights (thanks to M4MasterKey)

Fix V1.1b

— fixed rim blur
— added chrome effect to the headlights bulbs

Fix V1.1

— new LCD (thanks to Maki123)
— new skins (thanks to enkay74)
— new steering animation
— added seatbelts ON/OFF
— fixed some glasses transparency
— fixed some trasparencies inside the car
— added tyres lock leds, RPM leds and RPM bar to the LCD
— fixed windows external glass
— foxed rear lights
— added back sides and rear window internal glass
— added safety net
— added Racelogic VBOX OLED Display***

*DELETE bentley_continental_gt3.ini in assettocorsa/extension/config/cars/mods/

**COPY fonts folder into assettocorsa/content/

***RACELOGIC VBOX can display every info you want, if you open digital_instruments.ini and change the TYPE line.
I added PERF as default, to display the performance delta. In alternative you could use LAPTIME to display the current laptime as in ACC.

[ITEM_9]
PARENT=RACELOGIC
POSITION=-0.035, -0.049, -0.005
TYPE=PERF ;LAPTIME

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix V1.0

— added DAMAGE GLASS
— created wiper animation
— created lit up numbers
— created lumirank led
— created new LODs
— created numbers on the front grill (Blancpain cars)
— created F6 cameras
— created lights, extralights, configuration ini file*

Enjoy! :D
Download + Mirror
THe Download link leads to a Domain for Sale now.

Fooling around with some seasonal adjustments for Sandevoerde and I was hoping someone familiar with the area can answer a few questions.

1.) Based on SL's textures, the track looks like it's sand based which tells me that even in the summer, the grass would have more of a brown\green tint than a lush green. Is that correct or does it still get pretty green in the summer?
2.) For the same reasons as above, would the grass in the fall get really brown being sand based?
3.) Is there snow in that area in the winter months or should I leave the snow look out? And if no snow, does that mean the dedicious trees don't really turn orange\yellow because it's a warmer climate.
4.) Am I overthinking this? 😀

Last edited:
DiRT - Italy Special Stage (ROC) v1.10
DiRT - Italy Special Stage (ROC) v1.0

View attachment 1101640View attachment 1101641View attachment 1101642

features:
  • 2pit/grid for ROC style head-to-head racing
  • mixed surface dirt/tarmac (80/20)
  • CSP enhancements
  • lots of fun

credits:
  • original model by @Codemasters
  • conversion by @RMi_wood
  • optimizations, rain, camera, AI , errata by @shi
update v1.10:
  • extension config update by @CrisT86
  • surfaces adjusted for slightly less grip, less dust
  • wall fix on overpass

:: DOWNLOAD ::

🎅 merry season!
update v1.10:
  • extension config update by @CrisT86
  • surfaces adjusted for slightly less grip, less dust and eliminated tire screech
  • wall fix on overpass
:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
Wenn Sie zum Ende der Seite scrollen, gibt es eine winzige Schaltfläche, um die Bedingungen zu akzeptieren. Sobald Sie darauf klicken, wird das Registrierungsformular angezeigt. Ich habe die Registrierung selbst nicht versucht, da ich bereits registriert bin.

@Raphael87 bezog sich auf die Nicht-_chk-Version.

Obwohl Deutsch meine Hauptsprache ist, habe ich Schwierigkeiten, Ihre Frage zu verstehen ..
the helmet animation with customshader patch its buggy. testing in tv trackcam. Csp on and off testet. Its this reported ? Coming a fix ?

Last edited:
Fooling around with some seasonal adjustments for Sandevoerde and I was hoping someone familiar with the area can answer a few questions.

1.) Based on SL's textures, the track looks like it's sand based which tells me that even in the summer, the grass would have more of a brown\green tint than a lush green. Is that correct or does it still get pretty green in the summer?
2.) For the same reasons as above, would the grass in the fall get really brown being sand based?
3.) Is there snow in that area in the winter months or should I leave the snow look out? And if no snow, does that mean the dedicious trees don't really turn orange\yellow because it's a warmer climate.
4.) Am I overthinking this? 😀

1) for the grass you're correct, yes: - that's a race from June, so the trees are very green but the grass isn't particularly

Worth pointing out that the modern circuit's grass is a bit better maintained too, so it used to be much wilder:

1967 GP footage:

1962:

2) Drone footage from October suggests not: - I've always thought this was a fairly exaggerated effect which doesn't really match northern countries anyway though

3) I can't say this for sure but from where it sits I would expect snow is fairly rare, if ever - assuming it's similar to coastal towns in the UK

This guy documented the work on the recent circuit updates all through the winter with lots of drone footage, if you scroll through the list you'll see videos with 'January' 'March' etc in the title: https://youtube.com/c/JorgdeBruijn1975

4) Personally I appreciate the thought you're putting into it. Too many seasonal adjustments are 'paint it orange/white' for my liking, which IMO isn't really what places are like during the winter on average, so I'd say 'no' myself.

I only drive <1970s content in AC so I am very grateful for this interest you're showing into these tracks, thank you

Last few years winters were not really harsh and there was very little snow, but it does happen:

View attachment 1131575 View attachment 1131576 View attachment 1131577
Well, it can happen of course, it's still the Netherlands, but it will be 1 or 2 week per year, most likely, no more.
In fact, the higher risk of snow in winter will be in the air mixed with rain, and wouldn't stay on the ground for more than a day or two, like during a not-so-long-ago famous event at Spa...

In my opinion I don't think it's enough to justify a snowy seasonal ajustment of the region. Or maybe just a few bits in the shadows, that is a little late to melt, maybe.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back