Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,801 comments
That's near to impossible to answer.
There are literally several hundreds of tracks that would meet your needs.
Above that:
  • Road, street, circuit, oval ?
  • Real, fictional, historic ?
  • F1, GT's, TC, LMS, classics, DTM etc...etc... ?
  • Endurance, sprint, short, long ... ?
  • Number of pit slots...
  • Day, night, weather (rainFX) ?
  • Europe, America's (N, S), Asia, Australia etc...
And then there's the personal preference too.

Check @Breathe list here and find out:

waouhh actually my question can only leave embarrassment. in fact, it's mainly so as not to weigh down the tracks file too much and only download quality, well-optimized road circuits. Thank you for your detailed and reasoned answer.
I have a small configuration that can support races with 24 AI maximum + CSP , without SOL

Last edited:
waouhh actually my question can only leave embarrassment. in fact, it's mainly so as not to weigh down the tracks file too much and only download quality, well-optimized road circuits. Thank you for your detailed and reasoned answer.
I have a small configuration that can support races with 24 AI maximum + CSP , without SOL
If there was such a list, the Reboot Team tracks would certainly be relatively high up, the same goes for @gunnar333's Sachsenring or LilSki's Road America (among others). There's also @gutbomb's track list which conveys some (subjective) impressions about various tracks.

Johnr777's Road Atlanta 2021 and Mosport 2021, VRS's Willow Springs, etc...

Last edited:
So it seems that my problem with wheel shadows is due to the wheel object/bits not set to be a "visible caster" (the way it's set on the other version). I'm new to 3DSimEd... hopefully I can just change the settings and save the whole thing out again...

EDIT: Problem solved. Loaded into 3DSimEd, changed to visible caster, exported, fixed. This was for the "peugeot_905_1992" version."

Skin update coming...

Last edited:
Only 3 stars? The preview looks way worse than the actual mod is. Also it is WIP. So it will get even better in the future time. People keep pirating his work which is why his motivation suffered severely.
It’s come on leaps and bounds in the last 3-4 months, with another huge detail update set to drop in the next few weeks for backers.

Last edited:
Hello everyone with the aim of creating my own championships. I would like to know if there is a summary of the best modded circuits in terms of quality, fluidity, rendering in order to make the races as immersive as possible. Thank you for your help .
i found some for example : https://outsidergaming.com/assetto-corsa-best-track-mods-to-use-in-2021/
Usually most of the people who create such lists on "tHe bEsT aSsEtTo CoRsA mOdS" have played the game for a week and just put the 10 most downloaded tracks from RaceDepartment on their list which is simply useless. I'll try to give you a summary of the best mods I've seen so far.
Since I don't know what kind of tracks you are thinking of I'll give you a general list of tracks that are good imo.

In general pretty well reworked tracks:
Reboot Team (Trained Monkey)

Very good tracks for IndyCar and NASCAR you can find here (I forgot how the creator was called on GTP but "13x" are his initials):
Ovals, rovals and more (MEGA)

A full trackpack of current F1 tracks you can find here (these aren't the best versions imo but at least they are for free):
F1 2022 Custom Championship (GDrive)

An impressive amount of hillclimb tracks you may find here:
Renntom's website (own website)

A bunch of usable rallye tracks can be found over here:
Rallye tracks (own website)

Open world maps can be found on RD but this one is also very good:
Monaco Freeroam by r3b3ld3 (Patreon)

A variety of conversions from other racing games by RMi (for free but many wip), ACTK (95 % for free) and CHQ (wips = paid):
Conversions from different kinds of games by RMi (Patreon)
Conversions from GTL, rF, rF2 by ACTK (own website)
Conversions from DiRT and F1 20XX by CHQ (Patreon)

Early WIPs with a lot of potential by Tyrone (not laserscanned but still good) and EKO Sim Racing (incl. rF convers. of his own work):
A whole lot of WIPs by Tyrone aka Nukedrop (Patreon)
Classic tracks like Dallas, Phoenix and Caesar's Palace by EKO Sim Racing (own website, he will update his Patreon soon)

If you like classic tracks you might want to have a look over here. Most of them are behind a paywall.
Classic F3 tracks (own website)
APVS (own website)

The list could be way longer, there are also OG's like Rainmaker, GutBomb and gunnar333 who have good tracks. But the ones above are quite recent track mods in case this is what you were looking for. Of course you find a lot of good mods on RaceDepartment and on GTPlanet as well.
You should avoid mods by Gilles (since he wants to earn money by converting tracks from other people and sell them on his own website) and this Racing League (same here but also way too expensive).

I hope this helped! (:

Last edited:
That's not exactly helping, mate...
Which era ? which cars to put on ?

Anyway... I've already filtered my CM, so lets see what's worth it in my opinion :

Vintage racing : All of Fat-Alfie's tracks, period. Also, Donington '38 by Jim Lloyd, All Sergio Loro's tracks but as they are not all free, focus on Sandevoerde, Rouen, Stardust and Djursland for the "not free". Bryar by Gary_Lapidus, very recent one, and worth it. Zolder 67 updated by Teddie, Gnoo Blas by Mike Cantwell, Kyalami '67 from RT, Lake Garnett by Thrashy, Le Mans 67 by Terra21, Longford updated, Monaco 66 by RT, Montjuic 75 from Rainmaker, Napoli from Italotracks, Nemuno Ziedas, Preluk 74, Riverside, spa 66 and pre-war, Nurburgring 67, Tocancipa and San carlos from Elias Viejo, Willow springs by Esprit3905 (but others versions are worth it too)... And I probably forgot some.

Modern racing : all of reboot Team (RT), period. also, all of Lilski and Doublezero. Also, Bikernieki, Charlotte, Chang, Croft, Oulton park, Fort Grozniy, Horsma raceway, Interlagos (by VheEth), Kyalami, Le mans, Lucca Ring, Mills metropark, Moscow Raceway by SMP, Okayama by Mitja Bonca, Oschersleben by TM-modding, Ottawa by Thrashy, Pinwheel by John Harding, Road Atlanta by JohnR, Sachsenring from Gunnar333, Shanghai Tianma, Sidi Daoui from JLCJB, Smolensk ring, Neva ring, Sveg by Leon Sutfeld, Tianjin autoworld, Tobeka, Tor Poznan, Tsukuba (I recommend Esprit3905 version, and basically all his conversions too), Virginia, and most of Chiquifreaky conversions. Aaaand I probably forgot A LOT.

There. That's a start. And don't ask for the cars now, or it's gonna take all night.

Hi guys ! Where i can had this brightness headlight ? same for the tail light
Capture d’écran (10).png

Damn Simplygon. It crapped out on my lappie too and Meltfire's fix didn't work.
Sorry for the rant.

Sad Amazon Prime GIF by The Boys

Hope it helps as a starting point, here's the list of materials in case a kind soul is willing to make LODs for PedroBLR's Mazda Motorsports RX-7 1991 so that our good folk Alguecool can work his magic on a skinpack. The car can easily be found on YT.

paint: material:livery_002, material:livery_001,

interior: material:net, material:int_cloth_blk, material:int_metal_gray, material:int_cloth_blk, material:int_chrome, material:int_metal_blk, material:hole, material:int_rubber, material:int_plastic_blk, material:gls_window_interior,
material:Material #27, material:int_glass, material:int_red, material:grill_005_red, material:int_seat_1, material:int2_plastic, material:int_blue, material:symbols, material:gauges, material:embossed, material:int_green, material:int2_metal_gold,

less important: material:hole, material:int_rubber, material:int_orange, material:int_plastic_blk, material:int_glass, material:int_red, material:int2_plastic, material:int_blue, material:symbols, material:gauges, material:embossed, material:int_green, material:int2_metal_gold,

important: material:Material #26, material:ext_rubber, material:ext_chrome, material:screw, material:grill_005_alpha, material:int2_metal_blk, material:black, material:int_metal_gray, material:int2_chrome, material:gls_window, material:tail_glass, material:tire, material:rim_chrome, material:rim_base, material:rotor3, material:rim_inner, material:net, material:int_cloth_blk, material:int_metal_gray, material:int_metal_blk, material:int_chrome, material:gls_window_interior, material:Material #27, material:grill_005_red, material:int_seat_1,

Last edited:
That's not exactly helping, mate...
Which era ? which cars to put on ?

Anyway... I've already filtered my CM, so lets see what's worth it in my opinion :

Vintage racing : All of Fat-Alfie's tracks, period. Also, Donington '38 by Jim Lloyd, All Sergio Loro's tracks but as they are not all free, focus on Sandevoerde, Rouen, Stardust and Djursland for the "not free". Bryar by Gary_Lapidus, very recent one, and worth it. Zolder 67 updated by Teddie, Gnoo Blas by Mike Cantwell, Kyalami '67 from RT, Lake Garnett by Thrashy, Le Mans 67 by Terra21, Longford updated, Monaco 66 by RT, Montjuic 75 from Rainmaker, Napoli from Italotracks, Nemuno Ziedas, Preluk 74, Riverside, spa 66 and pre-war, Nurburgring 67, Tocancipa and San carlos from Elias Viejo, Willow springs by Esprit3905 (but others versions are worth it too)... And I probably forgot some.

Modern racing : all of reboot Team (RT), period. also, all of Lilski and Doublezero. Also, Bikernieki, Charlotte, Chang, Croft, Oulton park, Fort Grozniy, Horsma raceway, Interlagos (by VheEth), Kyalami, Le mans, Lucca Ring, Mills metropark, Moscow Raceway by SMP, Okayama by Mitja Bonca, Oschersleben by TM-modding, Ottawa by Thrashy, Pinwheel by John Harding, Road Atlanta by JohnR, Sachsenring from Gunnar333, Shanghai Tianma, Sidi Daoui from JLCJB, Smolensk ring, Neva ring, Sveg by Leon Sutfeld, Tianjin autoworld, Tobeka, Tor Poznan, Tsukuba (I recommend Esprit3905 version, and basically all his conversions too), Virginia, and most of Chiquifreaky conversions. Aaaand I probably forgot A LOT.

There. That's a start. And don't ask for the cars now, or it's gonna take all night.
Great recommendations throughout - one question, if I may: Is there a way to aquire Sidi Daoui somehow?
I tried google, youtube, facebook page and the discord but no sucess - simracing in Morocco seems to be a quite private affair.
I'm willing to keep on searching but if someone could piont me in the right direction... thanks in advance.
I only drive offline by the way, so I'm not trying to their league or something, just curious about the track, that's all.

Are there other cars similar to the Alpine A364 F3, same category and year?
Bazza's historic F2/F3 maybe, although a little bit older than the Alpine... https://thracing.de/formula-vintage-historic-f2-f3-by-bazza/

Great recommendations throughout - one question, if I may: Is there a way to aquire Sidi Daoui somehow?
I tried google, youtube, facebook page and the discord but no sucess - simracing in Morocco seems to be a quite private affair.
I'm willing to keep on searching but if someone could piont me in the right direction... thanks in advance.
I only drive offline by the way, so I'm not trying to their league or something, just curious about the track, that's all.
JLCJB Discord: "As a new member you have access to the Red Bull, the Sidi Daoui and the Clastres." Invite link: https://discord.gg/gy4a3pDr - you need to introduce yourself first to be able to access the downloads.

Last edited:
Bazza's historic F2/F3 maybe, although a little bit older than the Alpine... https://thracing.de/formula-vintage-historic-f2-f3-by-bazza/

JLCJB Discord: "As a new member you have access to the Red Bull, the Sidi Daoui and the Clastres." Invite link: https://discord.gg/gy4a3pDr - you need to introduce yourself first to be able to access the downloads.
Thank you - THAT'S the correct discord channel.
As we are talking tracks, I wanted to point out "Val D'Anapo-Sortino" on the assettorallygrb - site.
I'm a man from the mountains myself, so I like hillclimbs.
The tracks on the site are a bit hit and miss but this one is quite nice, I think.
Had to hide some track objects but other than that it's another fine track to drive on Sicily...

Last edited:
Homburger Bergrennen Hillclimb Texture Update.
A German hillclimb track, published on toms-sim-side(http://toms-sim-side.de/reload.htm?/assetto/homburg.htm), and I retexture it to make it looks like real.
Update pack link:https://www.mediafire.com/file/nqrtjtp2mr97qe4/Homburg_update.zip/file
I admire the devotion of guys like hillclimber12 and renntom (drove his tracks in rFactor)
Drove the Verzegnis in real life (no, not the race, just the public road...)
Please if you can, keep on working, your updates make those tracks shine again.

I can only say from my experience try the free ones first, if not good then delete them.
If wanting a paywall mod, try first if possible, get a free one, so you can judge the modders skills. Beware like some paywall are still WIP or do not have a great quality.

Last edited:
So I need to change the color of an (sub-)object (that is also a light) using an external config (ext_config.ini) that applies only to one skin. The
red cover glass is no problem, just want to change the color of the light underneath it.
I have been hacking away (scouring through github-yikes), but no luck so far. I don't know if it's under a [MATERIALS_ADJUSTMENT] or [LIGHTING] or wtp. The object as selected in CM showroom below:

Show me how please :)

EDIT: Found all the github stuff, sifting...

ChangeThisObjectColor.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Simplygon. It crapped out on my lappie too and Meltfire's fix didn't work.
Sorry for the rant.

Sad Amazon Prime GIF by The Boys

Hope it helps as a starting point, here's the list of materials in case a kind soul is willing to make LODs for PedroBLR's Mazda Motorsports RX-7 1991 so that our good folk Alguecool can work his magic on a skinpack. The car can easily be found on YT.

paint: material:livery_002, material:livery_001,

interior: material:net, material:int_cloth_blk, material:int_metal_gray, material:int_cloth_blk, material:int_chrome, material:int_metal_blk, material:hole, material:int_rubber, material:int_plastic_blk, material:gls_window_interior,
material:Material #27, material:int_glass, material:int_red, material:grill_005_red, material:int_seat_1, material:int2_plastic, material:int_blue, material:symbols, material:gauges, material:embossed, material:int_green, material:int2_metal_gold,

less important: material:hole, material:int_rubber, material:int_orange, material:int_plastic_blk, material:int_glass, material:int_red, material:int2_plastic, material:int_blue, material:symbols, material:gauges, material:embossed, material:int_green, material:int2_metal_gold,

important: material:Material #26, material:ext_rubber, material:ext_chrome, material:screw, material:grill_005_alpha, material:int2_metal_blk, material:black, material:int_metal_gray, material:int2_chrome, material:gls_window, material:tail_glass, material:tire, material:rim_chrome, material:rim_base, material:rotor3, material:rim_inner, material:net, material:int_cloth_blk, material:int_metal_gray, material:int_metal_blk, material:int_chrome, material:gls_window_interior, material:Material #27, material:grill_005_red, material:int_seat_1,
it crapped out on me too, now waiting for 48 hour licence ban to end so I can try again.....:banghead:

on a side note has anyone got x4fabs Peugeot 504 version 1.2?

Last edited:
you have this fixed but without the invisible wall I need it fixed ; sellachianzutan
I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly but if you mean the collision on the second fast part - no it is not solved yet.
All I can say is, drive your low cars on the right side of the road to stay far away from the barrier on the left. Sorry, not much help, I know...

Aston Martin D11 Mod Pack 0.98
Authors
M.Kass and A.Rodriguez updated by Tyler Sanders(Peugeot 905) and delpinsky

DownloadLink:https://www.mediafire.com/file/lyex3tvcfxjp60c/Aston_Martin_DB11%27s_v0.98.7z/file

Changelog
Updates to the following files.
-power.lut
-tyres.ini and street.lut files
-ai.ini
-car.ini
-aero
-engine

Car should handle,brake,corner and accelerate more like the real life conterpart.

Laptime comparison
Laguna Seca
RealLife:1:40.05
AI level 100:1:39.826-1:40.258
AI level 100 me:1:39.808
me:1:40.176

Future updates to come.

__custom_showroom_1652477594.jpg

__custom_showroom_1652477599.jpg

Attachments

• fnsfnsfh.JPG
    fnsfnsfh.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 9
  • nsfrndx.JPG
    nsfrndx.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 10
Wondering if there are any track makers out there looking for something simple to do as a break from whatever they are working on. I was asked if I could try and improve the look of Lime Rock Mountain with what limited ability I have. Some of the stuff I can do, some I can't. I have the know how to replace textures, change shaders, etc. So i'm using the textures I made for RT's Lime Rock Park since it's basically the same area. But I have no idea how to add objects or lights, etc. Would love to do a couple of those types of things to make it a really nice upgrade. If anyone is willing to help, even if it's just giving advice or ansering questions when I have them and I can try and figure it out on my own, i'd appreciate it.

Got a tree too big. Need to get it off the road, but overall it's a nice improvement I think.

acs 2022-05-13 19-11-21.jpg

Last edited:
I admire the devotion of guys like hillclimber12 and renntom (drove his tracks in rFactor)
Drove the Verzegnis in real life (no, not the race, just the public road...)
Please if you can, keep on working, your updates make those tracks shine again.
Thanks, I love hillclimb race, and I will work on some old hillclimb track mods which look not so good.

I think you are looking for his track: https://eko-sim-racing-88.webself.net/home

But I also gave it just 3 stars, so not even average.

See here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13180761
I must apologize about the Phoenix 1991 link in the listing.
It is of course NOT the version that @EKO SimRacing is finalizing but the one from gilles75 (I adapted the link for this version by removing the password).
The @EKO SimRacing version will be added when it will be released

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back