Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,756 comments
Damn Simplygon. It crapped out on my lappie too and Meltfire's fix didn't work.
Sorry for the rant.
No need to be sorry, this is just freaking annoying.

My last working version died yesterday too. So I've setup a VM (oracle virtualbox), shared the folder of AC, dropped CM in it and installed Simplygon with an evaluation license (!!!) and a trash mail. Should work for a couple of weeks now again.

Hoping for a fix until the time this one will expire. If no fix will be available I'll just reset the VM to the initial state and request another EL with a new trash mail. :)

Last edited:
It was just a bit of pure bottled anger.
After years of software copy-protection schemes, serial codes, challenge-response, machine id, usb dongles, auto-installers and auto-uploaders and finally, crap subscription-based business models, Simplygon simply manages to annoy me in exciting new ways. :rolleyes:

Yeah it's time for some wild trash email action.

Last edited:
Dubai from FM7, 7 layouts, 24 pits https://www.mediafire.com/file/s8mxe2k0qxzxtwq/sx_dubai.7z/
see readme inside for clues on fps gain or drown
1652524731883.png
1652524706874.png

Arctic Circle Raceway v1.0
Download(mediafire)

Arctic Circle Raceway is a motor racing circuit in Norway. It is the northernmost racetrack in the world.(Wikipedia)
Converted from rFactor.

-32 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Tommy Rustad for his original F1-2002 version
Gmilno for GTR version
Der Dumeklemmer for GTL Version
smoss for rFactor Version
Slider916/Cammel/Pain-less for rFactor Version updated

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
cam and AI by @racealot
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
ext_config.ini updated by @slider666
Edited texture by @Breathe
some textures by kunos
Test, Feedback by @Breathe , @Mike08 , @pugsang

The AC version was converted by Unknown and then updated by Teddie. Then there was an update by me. (update_changelog.txt)
Finally an rfactor conversion from the beginning by me was done. Textures, cam, etc. that are still available are still used.

Enjoy.

Dubai from FM7, 7 layouts, 24 pits https://www.mediafire.com/file/s8mxe2k0qxzxtwq/sx_dubai.7z/
View attachment 1149833View attachment 1149832
shi
Arctic Circle Raceway v1.0
Download(mediafire)

Arctic Circle Raceway is a motor racing circuit in Norway. It is the northernmost racetrack in the world.(Wikipedia)
Converted from rFactor.

-32 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Tommy Rustad for his original F1-2002 version
Gmilno for GTR version
Der Dumeklemmer for GTL Version
smoss for rFactor Version
Slider916/Cammel/Pain-less for rFactor Version updated

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
cam and AI by @racealot
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
ext_config.ini updated by @slider666
Edited texture by @Breathe
some textures by kunos
Test, Feedback by @Breathe , @Mike08 , @pugsang

The AC version was converted by Unknown and then updated by Teddie. Then there was an update by me. (update_changelog.txt)
Finally an rfactor conversion from the beginning by me was done. Textures, cam, etc. that are still available are still used.

Enjoy.

Thank U GIF

Dubai from FM7
Thank you for such a beautiful track. In VR, after having driven this track in FM7, this track finally makes sense to me. The scale and the surrounding are majestic.
For me, in my set up, in VR, AC is the best looking sim, having access to so much amazing content, cars and tracks is on totally different level than anything else out there.
One day, a new sim will be available with better driving and better graphics, but for now AC just dwarf them all and this DD and VR driver is in SIM heaven.

can any of the track modders help?

im thinking of porting over the Tianmen Mountain Track from V Rally 4, unless anyone is already working on it?

I want to make it an a2b race for maybe a grid of 12

Has anyone ported over a track from V Rally 4 yet? Is it possible?

How long would it take roughly?

can any of the track modders help?

im thinking of porting over the Tianmen Mountain Track from V Rally 4, unless anyone is already working on it?

I want to make it an a2b race for maybe a grid of 12

Has anyone ported over a track from V Rally 4 yet? Is it possible?

How long would it take roughly?

Canberra 400 v1.50
Canberra 400 v1.50

screenshot_tatuusfa1_rmi_canberra400_8-5-121-21-3-58-jpg.1016376

v1.10 changelog by @shi
  • new physical road mesh
  • reworked trees + new tree skin
  • updated grass, sand texture, shaders, VAO + CSP config (removed grass skin)
  • adjusted surfaces
  • adjusted ai_hints.ini
  • new overlays.ini / and semiphore.ini

v1.20 changelog by @CrisT86
  • Lights update
  • new model adds proper lights/lighting + new config
v1.5
  • reverb sounds added
  • higher res textures by @breathintheair
  • various 3d fixes Jumbo by @pugsang
  • sections.ini by fanapryde

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: mirror ::
bgr00.jpg

v1.5

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
That's not exactly helping, mate...
Which era ? which cars to put on ?

Anyway... I've already filtered my CM, so lets see what's worth it in my opinion :

Vintage racing : All of Fat-Alfie's tracks, period. Also, Donington '38 by Jim Lloyd, All Sergio Loro's tracks but as they are not all free, focus on Sandevoerde, Rouen, Stardust and Djursland for the "not free". Bryar by Gary_Lapidus, very recent one, and worth it. Zolder 67 updated by Teddie, Gnoo Blas by Mike Cantwell, Kyalami '67 from RT, Lake Garnett by Thrashy, Le Mans 67 by Terra21, Longford updated, Monaco 66 by RT, Montjuic 75 from Rainmaker, Napoli from Italotracks, Nemuno Ziedas, Preluk 74, Riverside, spa 66 and pre-war, Nurburgring 67, Tocancipa and San carlos from Elias Viejo, Willow springs by Esprit3905 (but others versions are worth it too)... And I probably forgot some.

Modern racing : all of reboot Team (RT), period. also, all of Lilski and Doublezero. Also, Bikernieki, Charlotte, Chang, Croft, Oulton park, Fort Grozniy, Horsma raceway, Interlagos (by VheEth), Kyalami, Le mans, Lucca Ring, Mills metropark, Moscow Raceway by SMP, Okayama by Mitja Bonca, Oschersleben by TM-modding, Ottawa by Thrashy, Pinwheel by John Harding, Road Atlanta by JohnR, Sachsenring from Gunnar333, Shanghai Tianma, Sidi Daoui from JLCJB, Smolensk ring, Neva ring, Sveg by Leon Sutfeld, Tianjin autoworld, Tobeka, Tor Poznan, Tsukuba (I recommend Esprit3905 version, and basically all his conversions too), Virginia, and most of Chiquifreaky conversions. Aaaand I probably forgot A LOT.

There. That's a start. And don't ask for the cars now, or it's gonna take all night.
absolutely brilliant, your answers are an extraordinary source for me. thank you for your research. it is an excellent work and guide of discoveries. I love all auto racing. thank you so much

Usually most of the people who create such lists on "tHe bEsT aSsEtTo CoRsA mOdS" have played the game for a week and just put the 10 most downloaded tracks from RaceDepartment on their list which is simply useless. I'll try to give you a summary of the best mods I've seen so far.
Since I don't know what kind of tracks you are thinking of I'll give you a general list of tracks that are good imo.

In general pretty well reworked tracks:
Reboot Team (Trained Monkey)

Very good tracks for IndyCar and NASCAR you can find here (I forgot how the creator was called on GTP but "13x" are his initials):
Ovals, rovals and more (MEGA)

A full trackpack of current F1 tracks you can find here (these aren't the best versions imo but at least they are for free):
F1 2022 Custom Championship (GDrive)

An impressive amount of hillclimb tracks you may find here:
Renntom's website (own website)

A bunch of usable rallye tracks can be found over here:
Rallye tracks (own website, sorry couldn't find the link)

Open world maps can be found on RD but this one is also very good:
Monaco Freeroam by r3b3ld3 (Patreon)

A variety of conversions from other racing games by RMi (for free but many wip), ACTK (95 % for free) and CHQ (wips = paid):
Conversions from different kinds of games by RMi (Patreon)
Conversions from GTL, rF, rF2 by ACTK (own website)
Conversions from DiRT and F1 20XX by CHQ (Patreon)

Early WIPs with a lot of potential by Tyrone (not laserscanned but still good) and EKO Sim Racing (incl. rF convers. of his own work):
A whole lot of WIPs by Tyrone aka Nukedrop (Patreon)
Classic tracks like Dallas, Phoenix and Caesar's Palace by EKO Sim Racing (own website, he will update his Patreon soon)

If you like classic tracks you might want to have a look over here. Most of them are behind a paywall.
Classic F3 tracks (own website)
APVS (own website)

The list could be way longer, there are also OG's like Rainmaker, GutBomb and gunnar333 who have good tracks. But the ones above are quite recent track mods in case this is what you were looking for. Of course you find a lot of good mods on RaceDepartment and on GTPlanet as well.
You should avoid mods by Gilles (since he wants to earn money by converting tracks from other people and sell them on his own website) and this Racing League (same here but also way too expensive).

I hope this helped! (:
thank you very much, you cannot imagine the gift you are giving me. My searches have been fruitless so far. thank you for your insightful advice

Usually most of the people who create such lists on "tHe bEsT aSsEtTo CoRsA mOdS" have played the game for a week and just put the 10 most downloaded tracks from RaceDepartment on their list which is simply useless. I'll try to give you a summary of the best mods I've seen so far.
Since I don't know what kind of tracks you are thinking of I'll give you a general list of tracks that are good imo.

In general pretty well reworked tracks:
Reboot Team (Trained Monkey)

Very good tracks for IndyCar and NASCAR you can find here (I forgot how the creator was called on GTP but "13x" are his initials):
Ovals, rovals and more (MEGA)

A full trackpack of current F1 tracks you can find here (these aren't the best versions imo but at least they are for free):
F1 2022 Custom Championship (GDrive)

An impressive amount of hillclimb tracks you may find here:
Renntom's website (own website)

A bunch of usable rallye tracks can be found over here:
Rallye tracks (own website)

Open world maps can be found on RD but this one is also very good:
Monaco Freeroam by r3b3ld3 (Patreon)

A variety of conversions from other racing games by RMi (for free but many wip), ACTK (95 % for free) and CHQ (wips = paid):
Conversions from different kinds of games by RMi (Patreon)
Conversions from GTL, rF, rF2 by ACTK (own website)
Conversions from DiRT and F1 20XX by CHQ (Patreon)

Early WIPs with a lot of potential by Tyrone (not laserscanned but still good) and EKO Sim Racing (incl. rF convers. of his own work):
A whole lot of WIPs by Tyrone aka Nukedrop (Patreon)
Classic tracks like Dallas, Phoenix and Caesar's Palace by EKO Sim Racing (own website, he will update his Patreon soon)

If you like classic tracks you might want to have a look over here. Most of them are behind a paywall.
Classic F3 tracks (own website)
APVS (own website)

The list could be way longer, there are also OG's like Rainmaker, GutBomb and gunnar333 who have good tracks. But the ones above are quite recent track mods in case this is what you were looking for. Of course you find a lot of good mods on RaceDepartment and on GTPlanet as well.
You should avoid mods by Gilles (since he wants to earn money by converting tracks from other people and sell them on his own website) and this Racing League (same here but also way too expensive).

I hope this helped! (:
I updated the link to the rallye tracks. Had to find it between my 2387 opened browser tabs.

What are the best version of those tracks in your opinion?

Apart from Imola and Barcelona that for sure are the kunos tracks so should be the best version
Most of the tracks base on the ACU conversions which are ... meh. The best Monaco version is from CHQ but it is still a BETA 0.3 so not public for free yet (I try to push him doing this asap, hehe). He also has Albert Park 2019 (already published) in case you are fine with old versions. Soon there will be a 2021 version of Abu Dhabi made by him. His Jeddah version is also the best but I'm not sure whether his version is contained in the pack or the version from Tyrone.
The best Hungaroring version is also a BETA 0.3 converted from ACC, don't know who worked on it.
The best Interlagos version is the AMS2 conversion by VHE. You will find it in the ACTL.

In case you are looking for good classic versions of Imola and Spa RMi has some on his Patreon.

Awesome release! Love seeing these conversions, and adds more options to AC.

On the full circuit, at the beginning where there's a chicane and transition to and from a different road surface, the change is too harsh, and will cause most cars to lose control. It shouldn't be glass smooth, but it needs to be smoothed some. You should be able to feel it, but it shouldn't feel like hitting a curb.

Awesome release! Love seeing these conversions, and adds more options to AC.

On the full circuit, at the beginning where there's a chicane and transition to and from a different road surface, the change is too harsh, and will cause most cars to lose control. It shouldn't be glass smooth, but it needs to be smoothed some. You should be able to feel it, but it shouldn't feel like hitting a curb.
You‘re not the first to notice this. It has been discussed by the team, it has been smoothed a bit and the final decision was to leave it as it was. See it as an extra hurdle. You know it’s there and you will need to adapt your ‘driving’ there, unless @leBluem decides to change it after all. 😇

You‘re not the first to notice this. It has been discussed by the team, it has been smoothed a bit and the final decision was to leave it as it was. See it as an extra hurdle. You know it’s there and you will need to adapt your ‘driving’ there, unless @leBluem decides to change it after all. 😇
I know it's a fantasy track, but it's road track, not a rally track.
If a real life road track had this issue, it would be repaired or condemned.
I don't know of any real road tracks that require you to slow down and jump a small curb.
Rio de Janeiro has a section near the end that crosses a sidewalk, so you expect the transition. That's the way it is in FM, so it's acceptable in that case.

Last edited:

thanks. i was actualy the first person to post a link to that vesion on here. a forum member responded with a video of the V Rally 4 version which is miles better, sparking my interest.

Id be happy with the one already in AC if it had AI. The track doesnt even work for me in any race format, the cars just fall through the ground after being teleported from the sky.

Most of the tracks base on the ACU conversions which are ... meh. The best Monaco version is from CHQ but it is still a BETA 0.3 so not public for free yet (I try to push him doing this asap, hehe). He also has Albert Park 2019 (already published) in case you are fine with old versions. Soon there will be a 2021 version of Abu Dhabi made by him. His Jeddah version is also the best but I'm not sure whether his version is contained in the pack or the version from Tyrone.
The best Hungaroring version is also a BETA 0.3 converted from ACC, don't know who worked on it.
The best Interlagos version is the AMS2 conversion by VHE. You will find it in the ACTL.

In case you are looking for good classic versions of Imola and Spa RMi has some on his Patreon.
Wow, CHQ's Monaco looks awesome!! More like 0.9 than 0.3! He looks to have very high standards, maybe that's why it's just 0.3.

Do you know what is he converting that from? (Yt preview says it's a conversion.)

First of all, I want to say that the track looks fantastic. Very good work in that respect. However, I also have to say that there are some questionable bumps or transitions in it (as already partially mentioned). The worst, from my view is on the city layout (see photo). You can/must adapt to it somehow, of course, but it's definitely not realistic.

Attachments

• dubaiBump.jpg
    dubaiBump.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 25
Hey guys, I need some help. Does anyone know how I can tilt the floor collider so it lines up with the bottom of the car? The longest collider that is going from wheel to wheel is collider_0 and in the colliders.ini it corresponds to:

[COLLIDER_0]
CENTRE=-0.445 ,-0.20 ,-0.15
SIZE=0.6 ,0.05 ,2.0
GROUND_ENABLE=1
SPARKS_AS=TITANIUM

But I cannot seem to find a way to rotate it (pitching it up at the rear). Anyone knows what to do? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1652553733.png
    __custom_showroom_1652553733.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 14
Hello, I have a question: Since CSP 1.78, I have had a permanent Speedometer on the right which I can't get rid of. it's not an app or anything like that. If I hide this, everything is gone except the speedometer. Please help

Wonderful track! Love the FM7 converts.
Wanted to point out that the Mountain layout pitlane isn't designated a pitlane. No limiter and you can crash into other cars.
Funny when the AI go blasting through cars to get to their pitbox, but might want to fix it. :D
arg mountain layouts missing surfaces.ini :crazy:
First of all, I want to say that the track looks fantastic. Very good work in that respect. However, I also have to say that there are some questionable bumps or transitions in it (as already partially mentioned). The worst, from my view is on the city layout (see photo). You can/must adapt to it somehow, of course, but it's definitely not realistic.
probably not gone be changed, its like it is, and probably meant to be like it? a bit exagerated, but a you want it all flat?

edit: Dubai FM7 v1.1 fixed missing files, same link as before, auto update through CM soon https://www.mediafire.com/file/s8mxe2k0qxzxtwq/sx_dubai.7z/file

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back