Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,822 comments
Yes. I am a bit disappointed with the build quality as well. It's OK (not great) driving wise and the sound is excellent. But to compare this to URD is blasphemy IMO.
Yeah, it's by no means a bad car but if you are going to charge money for your stuff then errors that are obvious after a cursory glance shouldn't really make it into the final product.
My instincts tell me it should have a ton more mechanical grip as well. At times it handles like a drift tune.

While we're on the subject of skins, does anyone know if skins intended for the GTPlanet Cadillac DPi-V.R would also work for the Rollovers Cadillac?

Right, you are the guy who was trying to convert Bathurst from ACC. Are you ever planning to continue on this quest (pun intended,... Mordor)?

I know a while back @Jimlloyd was looking for more accurate resources for updating his Fm7 version of the track, which is also "laserscanned", but is wildly inaccurate in some places. Hope @Jimlloyd you still plan on doing these some time and maybe use this as help. If not, don't mind me, just trying to wish something into existence. :)

This is the plan..

Yeah, it's by no means a bad car but if you are going to charge money for your stuff then errors that are obvious after a cursory glance shouldn't really make it into the final product.
My instincts tell me it should have a ton more mechanical grip as well. At times it handles like a drift tune.

Yes that's the thing, it's not predictable at all and I also sort of go by instinct and comparison to other similar mods when assessing a car (don't have much else to go by really), and as you said, sometimes it's slippery, other times it sticks to the track like it was on rails. Fairly difficult to predict it's actions.

All in all, I was not blown away by a single thing about this car. It's ok all around, and there is nothing wrong with that, but to advertise it as the second coming of RSS GT pack, is not realistic and many people may be a little disappointed, especially cause we have excellent alternatives for that same driving series from URD and not to forget Chivas art. Ok, to be fair, sound is quite impressive. I don't think there is a car out there, where you can hear so clearly when the second turbo kicks in.

This is a personal opinion and I could be totally off on this. But I think for paid mods we should have more personal opinions put out there, as there is no possibility to test the car before buying. I for one would definitely find it very useful indeed.

There is already a laser scanned version for AC (from iracing) in the wild..its very accurate..just needs a higher resolution mesh adding)...maybe somebody here is up for the job...
Hi Jim. Thanks for the reply.

I already have the Oulton Park version you mention, and yes the mesh is really blocky, which I think is a similar issue on that ACC conversion of Bathurst I tried out. I guess you are currently driving on the 3D mesh rather than a proper road mesh.

Hi Jim. Thanks for the reply.

I already have the Oulton Park version you mention, and yes the mesh is really blocky, which I think is a similar issue on that ACC conversion of Bathurst I tried out. I guess you are currently driving on the 3D mesh rather than a proper road mesh.

That is correct...it can be fixed in both cases...like I said elevations cambers and track widths are spot on...and more accurate than the areial scanned version done for Ams. Same is gonna apply for the ACC Bathurst....

@jk0011 is rather talented in this department...maybe he would be up for fixing these???

Last edited:
Reworked:
Unknown / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve v1.1
Update shaders and textures
Add 3dgrass and water
Add VAO
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/pgs1vttznd56/gilles-villeneuve.7z.html
preview.png

if you'd like to make a donation to my work:

Good morning from Portugal :)
Can anyone upload the original Trento-Bondone track from Kunos?
It seems I´ve lost it and I hate the idea of having to do a file integrity check.
Thanks in advance

UPDATED LIGIER JSP3 (v2)

Version 2 of my updated Ligier JSP3 from ACFSK

Changelog:
- Includes changes made by @Smurth
- Gearing tweaks
- Larger fuel tank
- CoG + Graphical changes
- New sound
- More realistic tyres (now only has one compound)
- UI changes
- Shift times changed
- New shift animations
- includes more skins by @gladbecker82

Enjoy!

I`m new at GT-Planet and new with modding.
I have a problem with the LMP3 Mods from ACFSK. All other cars are working fine.
Maybe you can help me out. I play AC with my Gamepad and the automatic doesn't work with these cars. Do you know if I can enable that?

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_acu_autosport_speedway_23-6-120-8-31-10.png

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_acu_autosport_speedway_23-6-120-8-32-56.png

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_acu_autosport_speedway_23-6-120-8-23-36.png

Inoltre, spero che a tutti non dispiaccia lo spam fotografico, ma questo si riferisce ancora al modding. Ho lavorato su un filtro nelle ultime due settimane e volevo sapere se pensate che sia un download degno. Cosa ne pensi?

Beautiful screenshots. What filter do you use? I might have it is spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, what I'm saying is, I wish I could share this with you, guilt free... but I dunno.

I asked simdream and it seems like you just have to slap a price tag on 'your work' and the guilt part goes away, Teddie. As a side benefit you also get to dictate the terms of anybody else using 'your work' in the future, threaten to shut down any non-compliant hosting websites, and drop the quality standard of 'your work' through the floor.

Hope you're feeling better soon fella.

AI for Airport Piestany

Well it's a freight train now, but it's that kind of track, I guess. Passing attempts are somewhat suicidal:

View attachment 943038

Tested with GT3, RSS Formula Americaslovakia's, and I can't remember what else. Cool glider. Hot girls in the pits- what's not to like?

RD link:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-airport-piestany-1-22.34755/

Or for non-members:
https://mega.nz/file/jwIExCCC#C-Lk9mfUmUl2cUFx_FaMb6QV7Eot8-WLBybt3oMjspw

Thanks to @safi hellie for making me aware of this track.

EDIT: Sorry LSM, didn't know you were thinking of taking a look. I can always pull it down, if you think it sucks....
I haven't even had the time to look yet, was going to tomorrow or Sunday, but I'll just get urs for now, no big deal :-)

Hello, everyone!
I posted this issue on CSP Discord but it was ignored (probably because nobody could help, I think). So, my next try is here.

I am having an issue in VR and I'll try to explain as detailed as possible. It started about 2 weeks ago, after a lot of mods and SOL (alpha) installations. I reverted SOL to the older version and tried to downgrade CSP, too, without success.

System Specs:
CM version: 0.8.2123.36398 (x86)
CSP version: 0.1.61
SOL: 1.5.4 + 1.6
VR headset: Lenovo Explorer

What happens?
After 2 or 3 races/practices in VR, the next time that I try to start a race/practice it doesn't trigger the headset, goes back to CM and shows a "Race cancelled" screen. Then, I have to setup a race/practice in "2D mode", let the game start (just start, not even have to click on the ingame race button) and exit. Then I can setup the VR again and race normally. All that without having to close Windows Virtual Reality or Steam VR. So, it doesn't seems to be something related with VR, but with the game itself.

In short:
2 or 3 races start normally in VR, the next one fails, have to start it in 2D mode, exit the 2D race and I can start the next 2 or 3 races in VR, untill it happens again.

Any help or advise will be very welcome.

Thank you. :)

[EDIT]: typo (there are other typos and grammatical errors, I'm sure, but I'm not aware of them yet :D)

[EDIT2:] It was caused by a Windows 10 update (Version 10.0.19041 Compilation 19041). Reverting to the previous version, solved. I'll try to do a clean Windows 10 install and to update it again to confirm, though.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject of skins, does anyone know if skins intended for the GTPlanet Cadillac DPi-V.R would also work for the Rollovers Cadillac?

If I recall correctly (it's been a long time since I tried) the answer is no. But it only takes a second to find out...

Yes that's the thing, it's not predictable at all and I also sort of go by instinct and comparison to other similar mods when assessing a car (don't have much else to go by really), and as you said, sometimes it's slippery, other times it sticks to the track like it was on rails. Fairly difficult to predict it's actions.

All in all, I was not blown away by a single thing about this car. It's ok all around, and there is nothing wrong with that, but to advertise it as the second coming of RSS GT pack, is not realistic and many people may be a little disappointed, especially cause we have excellent alternatives for that same driving series from URD and not to forget Chivas art. Ok, to be fair, sound is quite impressive. I don't think there is a car out there, where you can hear so clearly when the second turbo kicks in.

This is a personal opinion and I could be totally off on this. But I think for paid mods we should have more personal opinions put out there, as there is no possibility to test the car before buying. I for one would definitely find it very useful indeed.

Me, who actually prefer the AVR to the URD:
ezgif-com-crop-33.gif

UPDATED LIGIER JSP3 (v2)

Version 2 of my updated Ligier JSP3 from ACFSK

Changelog:
- Includes changes made by @Smurth
- Gearing tweaks
- Larger fuel tank
- CoG + Graphical changes
- New sound
- More realistic tyres (now only has one compound)
- UI changes
- Shift times changed
- New shift animations
- includes more skins by @gladbecker82

Enjoy!

nice updates mate,..

also are you planning to make more updates? cause we had plannend to do a championship with this car and it would be nice to have the best of the best for that championship,..

tnx for so far mate!!

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!
I posted this issue on CSP Discord but it was ignored (probably because nobody could help, I think). So, my next try is here.

I am having an issue in VR and I'll try to explain as detailed as possible. It started abou 2 weeks ago, after a lot of mods and SOL (alpha) installations. I reverted SOL to the older version and tried to downgrade CSP, too, without success.

System Specs:
CM version: 0.8.2123.36398 (x86)
CSP version: 0.1.61
SOL: 1.5.4 + 1.6
VR headset: Lenovo Explorer

What happens?
After 2 or 3 races/practices in VR, the next time that I try to start a race/practice it doesn't trigger the headset, goes back to CM and shows a "Race cancelled" screen. Then, I have to setup a race/practice in "2D mode", let the game start (just start, not even have to click on the ingame race button) and exit. Then I can setup the VR again and race normally. All that without having to close Windows Virtual Reality or Steam VR. So, it doesn't seems to be something related with VR, but with the game itself.

In short:
2 or 3 races start normally in VR, the next one fails, have to start it in 2D mode, exit the 2D race and I can start the next 2 or 3 races in VR, untill it happens again.

Any help or advise will be very welcome.

Thank you. :)

Some things to try out...

1. Turn off Merge Meshes if it's on (CSP settings)

2. Check/Update GPU drivers

3. Download and reinstall latest version of DirectX for your OS.

AI for Airport Piestany

Well it's a freight train now, but it's that kind of track, I guess. Passing attempts are somewhat suicidal:

View attachment 943038

Tested with GT3, RSS Formula Americaslovakia's, and I can't remember what else. Cool glider. Hot girls in the pits- what's not to like?

RD link:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-airport-piestany-1-22.34755/

Or for non-members:
https://mega.nz/file/jwIExCCC#C-Lk9mfUmUl2cUFx_FaMb6QV7Eot8-WLBybt3oMjspw

Thanks to @safi hellie for making me aware of this track.

EDIT: Sorry LSM, didn't know you were thinking of taking a look. I can always pull it down, if you think it sucks....

Hi Kevin,
it seems , at least for me, that all AI even slower cars crashes on the first chicane. All others corners are ok then
It seems the AI line is going on the tyres on the right hand side.
Could it be fixed easily?
Thanks!

Reworked:
foyol / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Misano World Circuit v1.3
Update shaders and textures
Replaces all trees
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/iojd0ly6qopm/misano.7z.html
preview.png

if you'd like to make a donation to my work:

Thank you so much for your work!
This improvement of the track, in my opinion, did not work, it is not always possible to improve it. This is a completely different track!
I think all the problems are in the trees, their location. I went back to the old version.
Thanks again for your hard work.

Some things to try out...

1. Turn off Merge Meshes if it's on (CSP settings)

2. Check/Update GPU drivers

3. Download and reinstall latest version of DirectX for your OS.
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I'll try that tonight and let you know.
One thing that is already done is the "Merge Meshes", it is already off.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back