Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,767 comments
Sandown Raceway v1.1

Screenshot_peugeot_306_maxi_kit_car_evo_2_sandown_raceway_2012_15-4-122-21-6-24.jpg

Sandown International Raceway is a motor racing circuit in the suburb of Springvale in Melbourne, Victoria, approximately 25 kilometres (16 mi) south east of the city centre.
Sandown is considered a power circuit with its "drag strip" front and back straights being 899 and 910 metres long respectively.(Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2012/2022 layout

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by Learie11 and Thank you for gave me permission.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, cam by @KevinK2
logo.png, sections.ini by @Fanapryde
terrain texture by Terra21 version Sandown Raceway
preview by @macko68
Additional ext_config by @slider666
Penrite bridge texture by @Breathe
ext_config and cam by @CrisT86
marshall, cameraman, some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Fanapryde , @macko68 , @Masscot , @CrisT86

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member Camereon Coster.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
Fixed a crash caused by camera_facting.ini.
Fixed groove/skidmark height.
Added ext_config and cam by CrisT86.

v1.1 changelog;
-Smoothed corner edges. (Suggestion by Papifix. Thanks.)
-Updated Shader.
-Billboards upscaled with AI.
-Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)

Last edited:
shi
Sandown Raceway v1.0

View attachment 1150167
Sandown International Raceway is a motor racing circuit in the suburb of Springvale in Melbourne, Victoria, approximately 25 kilometres (16 mi) south east of the city centre.
Sandown is considered a power circuit with its "drag strip" front and back straights being 899 and 910 metres long respectively.(Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP required
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2012/2022 layout

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by Learie11 and Thank you for gave me permission.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, cam by @KevinK2
logo.png, sections.ini by @Fanapryde
terrain texture by Terra21 version Sandown Raceway
preview by @macko68
Additional ext_config by @slider666
Penrite bridge texture by @Breathe
marshall, cameraman, some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Fanapryde , @macko68 , @Masscot

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member Camereon Coster.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

Mmh it crashes for me, never had a problem with your tracks before..

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 10
Has anyone made a physics adjustment for Crash's 991.2 GT3R? Originally it was pretty hard to drive but I think it was manageable, overtime and I guess the changes in CSP its basically not driveable for me anymore. The model and everything is obviously still great but just wondering if anyone ended up doing anything to it?

Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo EVO2 (BETA 1.0)
ACC conversion I think ...

No skins pack ?
I need more skins for a custom championships : Fanatec GT2 European Series 2022 + Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe or North America
Thanks

View attachment 1149312
I think this is great addition to AC . With a bit of tuning it drives great .
Looking forward to updates and when some extra skins are available
Great job

I think this is great addition to AC . With a bit of tuning it drives great .
Looking forward to updates and when some extra skins are available
Great job
A bit of tuning ? Has encryption been taken away ?
Or wasn’t it this one that was encrypted ?

Last edited:
This might be kind of a silly question, but what the heck: during the pandemic I finally bought a racing wheel -- nothing fancy, just a Logitech G920, the kind of thing I figured I could use to get accustomed to finally transitioning from a gamepad. Here's the problem: driving a car is one thing, but driving a car at its limits on a track is something else entirely, and I've actually found it difficult to progress in the vanilla AC career mode because I'm still trying to get used to figuring out the different characteristics of all the cars. And since I've never driven anything in real life even remotely as powerful as the BMWs they throw at you in the novice series, I keep spinning out like a chump. The introductory FWD Alfas are fine, and some of the more advanced cars with factory ABS/TC aren't entirely intimidating, but I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm actually behind a wheel trying to hit the braking points and the apexes in a higher-performance car (I'm talking, like, a Ford Mustang and not some superpowered hypercar) without getting all herky-jerky and backwards. So I went back to Forza Horizon and a gamepad because I didn't really have the time or inclination to Git Gud until recently.

So what I'm asking is, what are the ideal cars and tracks, mods included, to (a) help get me accustomed to driving with a wheel and (b) gradually prepare me for increasingly challenging cars? Because the AC career path's challenge already seems a little too steep for my novice self and I'd rather just acclimate myself to the lower-power, smoother-handling cars of any drive/engine configuration before trying to figure out how to zip around in an X-Bow without getting grass clippings all over the tires. That, and I'm also hoping there are some good G920-configuration tutorials and maybe even some general real-world "how to drive fast" advice so I can unlearn all the habits I developed over the years when I mastered gas, braking, shifting, and and steering in semi-sims like GT and Forza with just my thumbs and index fingers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This might be kind of a silly question, but what the heck: during the pandemic I finally bought a racing wheel -- nothing fancy, just a Logitech G920, the kind of thing I figured I could use to get accustomed to finally transitioning from a gamepad. Here's the problem: driving a car is one thing, but driving a car at its limits on a track is something else entirely, and I've actually found it difficult to progress in the vanilla AC career mode because I'm still trying to get used to figuring out the different characteristics of all the cars. And since I've never driven anything in real life even remotely as powerful as the BMWs they throw at you in the novice series, I keep spinning out like a chump. The introductory FWD Alfas are fine, and some of the more advanced cars with factory ABS/TC aren't entirely intimidating, but I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm actually behind a wheel trying to hit the braking points and the apexes in a higher-performance car (I'm talking, like, a Ford Mustang and not some superpowered hypercar) without getting all herky-jerky and backwards. So I went back to Forza Horizon and a gamepad because I didn't really have the time or inclination to Git Gud until recently.

So what I'm asking is, what are the ideal cars and tracks, mods included, to (a) help get me accustomed to driving with a wheel and (b) gradually prepare me for increasingly challenging cars? Because the AC career path's challenge already seems a little too steep for my novice self and I'd rather just acclimate myself to the lower-power, smoother-handling cars of any drive/engine configuration before trying to figure out how to zip around in an X-Bow without getting grass clippings all over the tires. That, and I'm also hoping there are some good G920-configuration tutorials and maybe even some general real-world "how to drive fast" advice so I can unlearn all the habits I developed over the years when I mastered gas, braking, shifting, and and steering in semi-sims like GT and Forza with just my thumbs and index fingers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try the MX5 Cup and also download Shaun Clarke's Ginetta Junior car.

Last edited:

Not really a modding question, so excuse my more 'philosophical' attempt of an answer, just my opinions of coure but maybe it helps:

a) It's no use to get frustrated with an activity that is essentially a game, so remember, it should make fun and leave you with a feeling of accomplishment and time well spent.
b) Your wheel is fine, don't let somebody convince you otherwise. It's still just a game controller its aim is to give you a more satisfying way to control your game. That said you could try to find means of better force feedback, racedepartment could be a source, if you dare to enter a bit of a rabbit hole. But please spent the majority of your time driving, not googling for lut files...
c) AC is very flexible, I'm sure almost everybody can find a way to adapt it to personal taste. That said:
d) Take a road car to start out, maybe the BMW M3 E30 by Kunos. It's an old car, not so powerful but still rear wheel drive like most racecars and it's not 'too easy' to drive, so if you make grave mistakes, the car will let you know.
e) Choose a track you like and practice there. I mean decide for something like your "home track". A circuit you won't get tired of driving and gives plenty of diverse corners to test cars (I took mugello for example where I test out every new car I find).
f) Alternatively choose a interesting road track and approach the sim like real life driving. I mean, take the BMW, check its horsepower, compare it with your real car's specs...Then drive the sim, take a look at the speedo from time to time and approach the corners like you would in reality - this would encourage reasonable driving behaviour with the mindset that you cannot reset the car when crashing.

Last edited:
A bit of tuning ? Has encryption been taken away ?
Or wasn’t it this one that was encrypted ?
I have no idea what encrypted cars are , I been tuning the suspension etc of the car and it seemed to improve the handling to me ,maybe placebo effect

Not really a modding question, so excuse my more 'philosophical' attempt of an answer, just my opinions of coure but maybe it helps:

a) It's no use to get frustrated with an activity that is essentially a game, so remember, it should make fun and leave you with a feeling of accomplishment and time well spent.
b) Your wheel is fine, don't let somebody convince you otherwise. It's still just a game controller its aim is to give you a more satisfying way to control your game. That said you could try to find means of better force feedback, racedepartment could be a source, if you dare to enter a bit of a rabbit hole. But please spent the majority of your time driving, not googling for lut files...
c) AC is very flexible, I'm sure almost everybody can find a way to adapt it to personal taste. That said:
d) Take a road car to start out, maybe the BMW M3 E30 by Kunos. It's an old car, not so powerful but still rear wheel drive like most racecars and it's not 'too easy' to drive, so if you make grave mistakes, the car will let you know.
e) Choose a track you like and practice there. I mean decide for something like your "home track". A circuit you won't get tired of driving and gives plenty of diverse corners to test cars (I took mugello for example where I test out every new car I find).
f) Alternatively choose a interesting road track and approach the sim like real life driving. I mean, take the BMW, check its horsepower, compare it with your real car's specs...Then drive the sim, take a look at the speedo from time to time and approach the corners like you would in reality - this would encourage reasonable driving behaviour with the mindset that you cannot reset the car when crashing.
Well, you recommended a classic M3 and one of my favorite tracks to practice on dating back to early Forza games, so I feel like you've already got me pointed in the right direction. Plus the Ginetta seemed like a pretty responsive car that was good to learn with when I tried a wheel with Project Cars 2, so that's a good call, too. Thanks! I'm already more on the side of fun than frustration to start with, despite how my post might have read, so no worries.

Last edited:
I have no idea what encrypted cars are , I been tuning the suspension etc of the car and it seemed to improve the handling to me ,maybe placebo effect
I assumed that you were talking about 'tuning' the car in the unpacked data.acd. That is not possible in a encrypted car. You can unpack the data, but after changes they can't be repacked and if you click 'use unpacked data if exists' in CM you will get a crash when you try to go driving.
I was wondering if this car was indeed the encrypted version (which I had binned), so I donwloaded it again, made a little change and got this when I was going to try it:
encr_error.png

Not that I didn't already knew it was encrypted because it looked like this in CM showroom:
encrypted.png

So, now you know what an encrypted car is.
You can change setups allright (it was most probably no placebo effect), but you can never change data and you can't make custom previews.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back