Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
Hi there, did someone any update on this track?

That's actually a New Zealand Tri Rail superstock minus the rear wheel guards, and that particular model has been ripped directly from our rfactor mod without permission.

Below is a picture of said chassis with same bonnet, wing etc just with a different body from our mod.

View attachment 1183572
A guy sells a racing Peugeot 504 on his website for AC at £25.
The base 504 model was created by a guy called Ilija, but there is no credit so i guess no permission.
Ilija happens to be the guy behind CM, CSP etc who himself mods AC without license to do so.

Welcome to the wildwest.
Your picture looks good, but how about in game in rfactor 1? 16 pixels?
Provided I'm not trying to profit off anything, i am doing no wrong aside from some made up code from years ago.
Also no one really cares about these cars in AC, so don't panic, I'm just messing about for fun within a game i purchased using stuff i find.
Wreckfest is where all the modders of stock cars are, i wouldn't waste anymore time worrying about 1 person putting parts of your rfactor mod into AC.

Last edited:
One thing you can try as a fix of sorts is to open the Pure config and under the Lights tab look for the CSP Lights section. Increase the slider values until you get something that may work for you. In my experiments, the first two options (bounce and emissive) seem to have more impact than the third one.
Thanks for the suggestion Joe. Unfortunately it makes no difference to the problem, which I have never really understood, that without PPF the external car lights (headlights, tail lights, brake lights) essentially vanish, while the internal (e.g. dash) lights remain illuminated and the headlight beams illuminate the track ahead. If I move the sliders you referred to it certainly does make a significant difference to bounced and emissive lighting, but the car lights still don't show. I have deliberately chosen a track with no lights to show the issue.

Without PPF:
Screenshot_porsche_935_77_works_seb70_14-7-122-10-58-48.jpg
Screenshot_porsche_935_77_works_seb70_14-7-122-10-59-14.jpg

With pureCandy filter:
Screenshot_porsche_935_77_works_seb70_14-7-122-11-0-1.jpg
Screenshot_porsche_935_77_works_seb70_14-7-122-11-0-17.jpg
Screenshot_porsche_935_77_works_seb70_14-7-122-11-0-12.jpg

It wouldn't be a big problem if it were not for the potential of Pure to run beautifully exposed graphics without a filter and with a considerable FPS saving.

This what I get if I whack up those two sliders from 1.000 to 5.000

Screenshot_porsche_935_77_works_seb70_14-7-122-11-15-52.jpg

Last edited:
A guy sells a racing Peugeot 504 on his website for AC at £25.
The base 504 model was created by a guy called Ilija, but there is no credit so i guess no permission.
Ilija happens to be the guy behind CM, CSP etc who himself mods AC without license to do so.

Welcome to the wildwest.
Your picture looks good, but how about in game in rfactor 1? 16 pixels?
Provided I'm not trying to profit off anything, i am doing no wrong aside from some made up code from years ago.
Also no one really cares about these cars in AC, so don't panic, I'm just messing about for fun within a game i purchased using stuff i find.
Wreckfest is where all the modders of stock cars are, i wouldn't waste anymore time worrying about 1 person putting parts of your rfactor mod into AC.
I was pointing out it wasn't actually a Brisca F1 car as the differences between NZ stockcars and UKs whilst similar are pretty contrasting, The model itself I recognized straight away because im the one that put that mod together and still update and use that model in our more recent rf2 content.

We've had a lot of people try to port or convert our work over the years so when we see our content being "used" in anyway and publicly posted like you did it gets our attention however I understand what you are trying to achieve and seeing your second version which actually is a proper f1 shale car I commend your effort.

I have your ministox mod and it was the first mod i've seen in assetto where the cars actually feel weighted when hit in solid collisions etc so im watching your work progress as it may inspire me to convert our stuff to AC because rf2 is becoming more and more time consuming and complex to mod.

As you said no harm done no stress I look forward to your future content.

I was pointing out it wasn't actually a Brisca F1 car as the differences between NZ stockcars and UKs whilst similar are pretty contrasting, The model itself I recognized straight away because im the one that put that mod together and still update and use that model in our more recent rf2 content.

We've had a lot of people try to port or convert our work over the years so when we see our content being "used" in anyway and publicly posted like you did it gets our attention however I understand what you are trying to achieve and seeing your second version which actually is a proper f1 shale car I commend your effort.

I have your ministox mod and it was the first mod i've seen in assetto where the cars actually feel weighted when hit in solid collisions etc so im watching your work progress as it may inspire me to convert our stuff to AC because rf2 is becoming more and more time consuming and complex to mod.

As you said no harm done no stress I look forward to your future content.
OK, thank you for the calm and measured well thought out reply, just want to say that firstly.

I'm sorry I went off on one there. Very sorry.
I just got defensive from 0-100 way too fast.
Please do bring some off this stuff into AC, it works ok and there some good short oval tracks now to plod around on.

Also where can i find your rfactor 2 stuff? I've not seen it in the steam workshop, i still use rfactor 2 so that would be a great find for me.
I also use rfactor 1 too and it does have more than 16 pixels.... it has 18... :D

Sorry again, your reply has blown me away. Memo to self...be more like Dirtnz.......

edit to add, and welcome, stick around, excuse my initial behaviour.
Sorry to anyone who witnessed it too.

Last edited:
Townsville Street Circuit v1.15

Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_townsville2012_14-7-122-19-35-15.jpg

Conversion from rFactor2.
Reid Park Street Circuit, also known as the Townsville Street Circuit, is a semi-permanent street circuit located in Townsville, Queensland, Australia.
Opened in 2009, the circuit hosts the Townsville 400 Supercars Championship event every year. (wikipedia)

This track is based on 2012.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by zolee145 and Thank you for gave me permission
rFactor2 conversion by Ash74
rFactor2 update by Obbzy

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by Eren Tuzci (up to v1.0)
logo.png, sections file by @Fanapryde
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @slider666

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member john brown.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Added 3D terrain.
Updated road line meshes and textures.
Updated billboard textures.
Updated ext_config.
Updated road mapping.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
Updated fast_lane.ai by Rainmaker. (Thanks)
Updated pit_lane.ai.

v1.15 changelog;
Smoothed curbs. (Suggestion by Papifix. Thanks.)
New pit_lane.ai by TITI. (Thanks)

Last edited:
OK, thank you for the calm and measured well thought out reply, just want to say that firstly.

I'm sorry I went off on one there. Very sorry.
I just got defensive from 0-100 way too fast.
Please do bring some off this stuff into AC, it works ok and there some good short oval tracks now to plod around on.

Also where can i find your rfactor 2 stuff? I've not seen it in the steam workshop, i still use rfactor 2 so that would be a great find for me.
I also use rfactor 1 too and it does have more than 16 pixels.... it has 18... :D

Sorry again, your reply has blown me away. Memo to self...be more like Dirtnz.......

edit to add, and welcome, stick around, excuse my initial behaviour.

Awwww! (and I am not being sarcastic! :))

Sorry to anyone who witnessed it too.

It didn't seem that dreadful. I've seen far, far worse here.

some more Facebook finds…

[RELEASE] BMW M3 GTS fanatiC SpeC (Johannes Schellhammer)

Try Out the Different Colors and Wheels ❕ USE EXTRA BUTTONS A-D ;)
To change Carbon Type read assettocorsa\content\cars\bmw_m3_e92_gts_fc_spec\skins\README
Encryption = NO
Physics/Tyres : fanatiC
Inside AO/Paintshop: @Hugo#4453
Materials/Colors/Wheel Replacement : fanatiC
3D Work : fanatiC
Taillight Cfg: @Alistair#6191
Android: Adriaan Suy
CSP/PBR/Ext config : fanatiC
Sound : @gabeis300
Lod's = NO, Broken from simplygon

Release Video and Download:

FC533C9E-66D4-478A-9966-49BA8FC3524B.jpeg

[RELEASE] BMW E28 M5 & E24 M635CSi

E28 M5 :
Physics update by VR Driving
Visual by Jerry Wei
Driver animation updated by Mascot
Original car from Assettoland
EXTRA A : Front fog light
EXTRA B : Rear fog light
EXTRA C : Sun roof
EXTRA D : Antenna
======================================

E24 M635CSI :
Updated by Jerry Wei
Physics update by VR Driving
Original car from Assettoland
EXTRA A : Front fog light
EXTRA B : Rear fog light
EXTRA C : Antenna

/////////////////DOWNLOAD LINK/////////////////

M5: https://mega.nz/file/13h1TKzY#kSUGGvnyq1ZlgQgyoPsIX0j1lELYZCi7Sk2xI1P1P-E
M635CSi: https://mega.nz/file/VqInTCpD#qPemYMYoWz3yhppVNR4_b4OOLzgmldYgKJAYHpePlf4

2AB51D7F-8CB6-402E-9114-EC382B00E5E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Can someone help me with converting a steering wheel? I want to use the F10 steering wheel from FVA but The lcd isn't working nor the LED.
So I have took the object that are supposed to make leds and lcd from simdream F10 wheeel, and applied it to my steering wheel.

And looking up at the digital _instrument, led are done by TAG object, and lcd is done by parent Display_speed/fuel/gear

So this is how it looks on kseditor for the original steering wheel
1660473199794.png

and this is my steering wheel

1660473247953.png

Leds are working since I kept TAG2 1 and 0 but I can't keep display_fuel speed and gear, they are not object so I don't know how to add them to my steering wheel.
1660480206469.png

This is the object for example that is supposed to show speed.
and this is the digital instrument part for it

[ITEM_1]

PARENT=DISPLAY_SPEED
POSITION=-0.010,-0.007,0

///(x,y,z) x-/rightt; z+/forward
TYPE=SPEED
SIZE=0.013
COLOR=255,0,0
INTENSITY=4.5

FONT=digital_big

VERSION=2

ALIGN=RIGHT

Can I either find a way to include display speed in the steering wheel or modifiy it so that it use an object instead of a parent? thank

can anyone tell me what could happen to my CSP? (v0.1.79-preview5-full)
I can no longer animate the wipers, I fill out the form
[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
MESHES=
UNDERLYING_SURFACE =
DEBUG = 1 ; remove when everything is ready

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES=
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM=1
necessary objects, but the "wipers animation" tool writes an error, nothing is found. and even on machines that already have animated wipers (made by me earlier), and they work, I put DEBUG = 1 there to edit something, but the "wiper animation" tool also writes an error, nothing was found, in what could be the problem?

edited;
I found some old v0.1.78-preview1-full.zip everything works with it, again I put the latest v0.1.79-preview5-full tool "wipers animation" does not work on it.

Last edited:
@Peter Boese I am enjoying Pure very much including running with no PP filter, as the frame rates are spectacular with single screen and VR. However the problem of no headlights showing at night (only a VERY dim glow) remains an issue. The headlight beams show so it's driveable solo, but the other cars in a race also show no lights. Is there any fix for that available now or coming in future updates?
Not realy, because PostProcessing is used to expand the shapes of the lights and add "rays". So with PP the lights are much bigger in their size and this gain of size with a bright color giving you also a feel of a very bright light. So without PP, the lights are just as big as they physically are.

can anyone tell me what could happen to my CSP? (v0.1.79-preview5-full)
I can no longer animate the wipers, I fill out the form
[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
MESHES=
UNDERLYING_SURFACE =
DEBUG = 1 ; remove when everything is ready

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES=
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM=1
necessary objects, but the "wipers animation" tool writes an error, nothing is found. and even on machines that already have animated wipers (made by me earlier), and they work, I put DEBUG = 1 there to edit something, but the "wiper animation" tool also writes an error, nothing was found, in what could be the problem?

edited;
I found some old v0.1.78-preview1-full.zip everything works with it, again I put the latest v0.1.79-preview5-full tool "wipers animation" does not work on it.
The latest CSP preview seems to ignore the DEBUG = 1 setting on load, so you need to change the value after loading on track/into the showroom.

Not realy, because PostProcessing is used to expand the shapes of the lights and add "rays". So with PP the lights are much bigger in their size and this gain of size with a bright color giving you also a feel of a very bright light. So without PP, the lights are just as big as they physically are.
Thanks Peter. Are you saying that without PP headlights and tail lights can’t be made to “emit” any light at all? It makes night racing impossible without PP if so. Luckily I have a system that can run a full night race in VR at a decently optimised track at 50-60 FPS with pureCandy (which I must say is a very nice looking filter) but there must be many who do not. To what extent would an upgraded GPU help (say from an RTX 2060 Super to an RTX 3080 Ti) as opposed to CPU power?

Last edited:
Nice Elan, but only visible in the CM showroom...
In AC showroom and in game it crashes. :(
There has to be something wrong on your end, I'm afraid. Because I've been able to drive this car with no issue.

How did you install the Elan? Did you drag and drop it into content manager or did you copy/paste it into a folder?
What version of custom shaders patch do you have installed? Because from experience, the only problems I had with cars on AC usually were due to not having a newer version of CSP installed.

There has to be something wrong on your end, I'm afraid. Because I've been able to drive this car with no issue.

How did you install the Elan? Did you drag and drop it into content manager or did you copy/paste it into a folder?
What version of custom shaders patch do you have installed? Because from experience, the only problems I had with cars on AC usually were due to not having a newer version of CSP installed.
Okay mate, I know how to install it correctly... if this is an AC car mod, it should run in the original game. Why do I have to use plus shaders, plus CSP, plus etc...? This is not an AC car mod? :boggled:

Thanks Peter. Are you saying that without PP headlights and tail lights can’t be made to “emit” any light at all? It makes night racing impossible without PP if so. Luckily I have a system that can run a full night race in VR at a decently optimised track at 50-60 FPS with pureCandy (which I must say is a very nice looking filter) but there must be many who do not. To what extent would an upgraded GPU help (say from an RTX 2060 Super to an RTX 3080 Ti) as opposed to CPU power?
no, but if you look at the noPP image, a brakelight in the distance is maybe just a few pixels. Even if those pixels are brightest red, they are not all red, because if the engine draws those pixels in a limited grid (resolution) it draws sometimes the edge of it or already the car's body. So in the first place you have a tiny shape of bright pixels. What glare does is, if there is a pixel with a color-brightness above the set threshold, it draws many new pixels around this single one in its color (just for the easiness of explanation). So after this image post processing, you have a much bigger shape of those brakelights.

Last edited:
if this is an AC car mod, it should run in the original game. Why do I have to use plus shaders, plus CSP, plus etc...? This is not an AC car mod? :boggled:
AC Content Manager still uses the original game, it's just an easier way to organize and handle your content. Though you will need it eventually if you intend on having a lot of mods installed on your game. I have over 1,400 car mods installed on AC atm and there's no way I could run the original game with that.

and your questions now answer mine at least. To be honest, I can't quite answer that myself as I'm nowhere near as sabby with AC modding as a lot of people on this thread are. All I can say is that CSP is definitely required to run a lot of these car mods now. If I were to guess, it's because a lot of AC mods now are made with higher graphical quality and different shading methods than what Assetto Corsa had in its original stage. So, newer mods aren't compatible with this stuff.

I would reccommend getting CSP though, it helps a lot in AC modding. All of your content is organized in one neat package and searching for cars & tracks is made easy with it.

Okay mate, I know how to install it correctly... if this is an AC car mod, it should run in the original game. Why do I have to use plus shaders, plus CSP, plus etc...? This is not an AC car mod? :boggled:
There's literally no good reason not to use CSP, SOL/Pure, etc. If you're not at least using CSP, you're basically playing a half-broken sim. It takes a bit to learn how to set up properly and always some troubleshooting required, but you'll receive lots of help from the community and it is so so worth putting in the time to mod AC correctly. Get CSP, get SOL. AC is honestly not worth playing without them, and in the case of many newer mods, unplayable without CSP :)

Sergio Loro has just released 1930s Indianapolis.
Free to download if you put 0.00 in the box, but worth a donation.

I now find myself forced back to Sol from Pure. I love the look and performance of Pure but I have just found that although it works fine in VR in the solo modes, when I try to run a race against AI the cars load onto the track but when I go on track myself, I get an endless hourglass and the race does not start. I have to sign out of windows using CTRL-ALT_DEL to get out of the loop. Sol works fine. I don't know if this is a new thing because since the latest iteration of Pure came out I have been mainly hotlapping to test cars and new skins. I would be most grateful to anyone who can shed any light on this. It's very frustrating, but at least I can race with Sol.

How do I replace a steering wheel with 3DSIMED without it deleting my empties? Because each fking time it deletes display gear/speed/fuel empty when Export in fbx or kn5 the car with the steering wheel swapped.
I Don't know which option I need to make it not delete them

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back