Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,744 comments
I hope for your help on this one. The Touroul #8 Porsche 964 RSR had Cup rims. So I tried to use the rims from the shokeus 964 cup on the 964 RSR which worked out fine.

BBS rims painted silver:
BFS_neu.JPG

Cup Rims
CupRims.jpg

Original Car:
Front_side.JPG

But I have 3 problems which I would like to solve.

First problem is that this change applies to every skin of the Porsche 964 RSR folder, which is logic, because I put the config file in the "extension folder" above all skins.

1663872272604.png

1663872315325.png

What do I need to change to have the rims changed only for the Touroul skin?

Second problem is, that the change is not visible in CM Showroom but only in game. Is there a way to make it visible in CM Showroom?

Third problem has nothing to do with the rims. I would like to know how I could recreate those yellow cups on the headlights.

Thanx for your help.
Daniel

I'm going with the 35 at Nords... in broad daylight anyway. Maybe 40 for night.
We seem to have the same tastes. I'm using 40 at Monza and 35 at Nords as well.
Misty loch on auto update in CM.
Thank you guys for the update and using the auto update in CM.
This track is in my POV, the new benchmark for all the free room track modders. Ony I have to wait for the weekend to give this a try.
The track is incredible. I'm having issues with completing a lap though. I keep getting distracted by all the details they put into it and end up in a wall or something worse.

I'm having trouble installing CSP 1.79-preview. I drag and drop the CSP zip file (first photo); When I click [install] I get an error "FAILED can't install two things at once" (2nd photo).
I did this repeatedly, and somehow (unknown exactly how) got the install to work, although the installation of 1.79-preview is strange as it says; "not available to install" (third photo). I used 1.79 for several sessions (I know because I had rain). I downgraded CSP to 1.76 (to test something), and now I can't re-select 1.79-preview. What's more, when I try to add 1.79-preview using the drag/drop/install, I keep receiving the error "FAILED can't install two things at once" (2nd photo)

I obviously have no idea what I'm doing; I built an entire track (Bryar Motorsport Park) but I can't install CSP versions. :confused:
Please help.
Download 1.79 from whatever u like and drop the CSP files on Mods folder and activate it through JSGME mod tool. Much easier and u are not going to have any problems with it.

No duplicate and overlay files using that method.

Hi there,

A RSS GT-M Bayro 6 issue...

The dashboard looks like this, low resolution, with blurred numbers. Does anyone have an idea how to solve it? tks

1663891530082.png

What do I need to change to have the rims changed only for the Touroul skin?
1 Put the ext_config in the skin folder instead...
Either that or you can use use "SKIN=" in your main ext_config.ini.

Edit: BTW, replacing rims should be done with ReplaceRims. ;)

As an example some code from the M1 Procar:
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/custom_rims.ini]
[ReplaceRims]
File = bmw_m1_procar.kn5, bmw_m1_procar_lod_b.kn5
OriginalRims = bmw_m635csi_84_wheel?
Model = regazzoni.kn5, 0.216, 0.238
Offset = 0.00, -0.01

Last edited:
Autodromo de Üqbar v1.1

Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_4c_autodromo_de_uqbar_23-8-122-15-50-25.jpg

Fictional circuit in Brazil.
Conversion from Grand Prix 4.

-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Gildoorf Rozencrantz, Ruboy, Paulo PrBlanco
-Thank you for gave me permission (Gildoorf)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font by @gunnar333
logo.png, sections.ini by @Fanapryde
marshall, some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde, @Masscot , @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Added 3D terrain.
Newly re-created s/f track logo.
Fixed billboard mapping.
Tweaked textures.
Replaced Palm tree textures.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Roy Hesketh - 1965 v1.0

View attachment 1194783View attachment 1194784

features:
  • 35 pit/grid
  • CSP features + VAO
  • Vintage feelings
credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Bonus:
- Vintage PP filter by RMi

As always WOOOOOOOW

Fixes on the way (also cheering spectators and water surface)...
Edit: tried a couple of cars at different speeds, hitting the black & white armco's. At lower speed the cars tend to jump on and slide over the armcos, while at high speeds they get launched. But never did I see these excessive speeds or added mileage...
Nice, I had the problems with the Pessio Mini and the RSS GT cars. Problems are gone after the update. Being launched and therefore being put back to the pits is now the only "problem". But for that you have to hit it really hard.
Thanks for the fix, love how the track is suitable for all kind of cars, from slow oldtimer to prototypes.

Misty Loch, Scottland, from FerrariRacingLegends, with stuff from pCars Bannochbrae
-40 gridspots, forw+rev layout
-night lights, seasons, grass_fx, rain_fx
-custom road mesh, movable distance markers and cones
-seagulls, heli, water and waterfall animations
-camera sets by Racealot, thx!
-more info in readme and track description
dl: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m4g2kfrjyhtm620/rt_misty_loch.7z/
Just a heads up @leBluem - came across this suspended-artifact whilst testing the CM update version 1.1 on 22Sep2022...

Screenshot_f302_acura_nsx_gtc_rt_misty_loch.jpg

If it's a death-trap by design - then what triggers it off?

I so hope we finally have a version that gets my local track right...

...and having a quick go, they have indeed. Finally, Avon Rise into Quarry is as it should be, blind and challenging (the reason why it's one of the most accident-causing corners of any UK circuit), I've even taken a free-can walk around the paddock and spectator areas and everything is as it should be. It's even got the 4x4 and Go-Kart tracks in place, now if they ended up drivable (I've asked over at RD)...

Last edited:
I just tried to correct the position of the front brake calipers on the Porsche 964 RSR.

1663950292346.png

pic. a) Front calipers in wrong position
1663950030780.png

pic. b) Front calipers corrected in 3DSimEd

The calipers are attached to the suspension, so I turned the object around by changing pitch to 160°. Thi9s worked out fine for CM Showroom, but the orientation in game is still wrong.

1663950175156.png
pic. c) Corrected calipers visible in CM showroom

1663950567919.png

pic. d) calipers as seen in game

What do I need to do to see the change also in the game? I am sorry if this is a really silly newbie question :-), but I hope to find some help here.

Thanx in advance.

Daniel

Either that or you can use use "SKIN=" in your main ext_config.ini.

Edit: BTW, replacing rims should be done with ReplaceRims. ;)

As an example some code from the M1 Procar:
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/custom_rims.ini]
[ReplaceRims]
File = bmw_m1_procar.kn5, bmw_m1_procar_lod_b.kn5
OriginalRims = bmw_m635csi_84_wheel?
Model = regazzoni.kn5, 0.216, 0.238
Offset = 0.00, -0.01
the link was super helpful :-)

Hello boys how are you?
A question. Does anyone know of a mod from the V8 Superstars category? Thank you very much?

View attachment 1194835
I did the jag and this BMW, the model is actually really good but the interior is the worst I've seen. I lost interest so the idea of replacing the interior from another car just isn't on my radar.
I doubt I'll do anymore of them, but the models are out there for sure if someone was passionate about this strange obsolete series.

Screenshot_bmw_v8super_ks_brands_hatch_16-8-122-22-39-54.jpg

I don´t know if u guys saw that, but a guy posted a few hours ago a version o Miramas circuit on RD

A MUST FOR VINTAGE DRIVERS!!!

I don´t know if u guys saw that, but a guy posted a few hours ago a version o Miramas circuit on RD

A MUST FOR VINTAGE DRIVERS!!!
If only RD didn't cap their dl speed. 1 hour to dl it ? **** outta here, we're in 2022 not 1992.

I just wanna share this amazing update/fix I found for the Simtraxx Targa Florio convert. This was made by the GP Laps youtuber and I was surprised it wasn't on Breathes list.

Even though we are getting a more accurate version made by Abulzz, I think there's still merit in preserving the original Grand Prix Legends version. There's so much charm there and the unfinished v1.081 from Simtraxx just doesn't do it justice.

This little update makes it pretty much on par with the original GPL version and its rF conversions and fixes the following:

• Adds back the missing spectators/crowds (hugely improves the feel of the track)
  • Corrects the glitchy grassfx on the track
  • Corrects reflections/ambient light on materials
  • Fixes color of pavement runoffs and sidewalks to accept shadows
  • Fixes colors of some hills
  • Removes vespa in two locations

Here's the video:

Here's the update (from video the description): https://www.mediafire.com/file/caj275h312recit/simtraxx_targa_fix_v1.0.zip/file

I so hope we finally have a version that gets my local track right...

...and having a quick go, they have indeed. Finally, Avon Rise into Quarry is as it should be, blind and challenging (the reason why it's one of the most accident-causing corners of any UK circuit), I've even taken a free-can walk around the paddock and spectator areas and everything is as it should be. It's even got the 4x4 and Go-Kart tracks in place, now if they ended up drivable (I've asked over at RD)...
Yep, had very high hopes for this after his excellent Thruxton, and it doesn't disappoint.
I've not been to CC for a few years (apart from to play golf) but this brought back some lovely old memories of Porsche Cup races way back when.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back