Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,790 comments
Masscot, Can the steer.ksanim be adjusted or tweaked to give the driver a better posture?
It can be rescaled and repositioned in CM showroom, or a different steer.ksanim substituted in from another car. Or a custom driver could be made in 3D software.

This is kind of a milestone for me. i just released the first BPR 1994 skin pack. The pack contains everything needed for race 1 on the Paul Ricard circuit.

The project is called the "BPR Recreation Project". The aim is to do a pack for each race from 1994 to 1996 on which I have sufficient information. If somebody here wants to offer me a helping hand, I would be very grateful.
The project is not only about the skins, but all aspects which are needed to recreate the races.

• Skinning
  • Creation of missing car models
  • Improvement of car models and their physics
  • Variation of car models
  • Creation of missing tracks
  • Research of data from the period
  • BoP

Please contact me via PM if you want to help or simply get more information on the project.

I am dreaming of a final result where all car models, tracks and skins of this mind blowing GT period are recreated for AC.

Daniel

Last edited:
V8 Supercars China Round v0.8
Download (mediafire)

Screenshot_supercars_holden_china_gp_18-9-122-19-1-41.jpg

Add-on to recreate the 2005 V8 Supercars China Round.
Add a new layout.
Unknown Chinese billboards were replaced with other logos such as Buick.

How to install:
Drag and drop into the folder name: china_gp
The download of china_gp is on @Breathe 's list. (Line 1412 of the Real tab.)

-CSP required

Credits & Thanks;
China Grand Prix 2020 v1.2 by Bug3721, Updated by @CrisT86

Add-ons by @shi (shin956)
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Enjoy.
Created at the request of Patreon member Denver Thurston.

Just finished skinning a Honda Civic EP3 that a friend from New Zealan drove in the Nurburgring 24hr race.
Wish I knew how to edit the rear window and rear side windows to place the driver names and rear screen strips that was on the real car.
From what I can see on the original mod, this doesnt have the stuff to run wipers and rain. The windscreen banner loks like it's hidden behind the glass, rather than sitting on top of the glass.. I dont understand enough to know how to fix this.
I've not had a drive of the mod yet, any of the wonderful modders on here able to update the mod to run rain FX and perhaps make the rear window and rear side windows to be editable to place logos and drive names?
skin link https://mega.nz/file/xTgW0DzI...
mod link at Race Department
https://www.racedepartment.com/.../honda-civic-type-r.../

View attachment 1201429

View attachment 1201430

View attachment 1201431

Last edited:
This is kind of a milestone for me. i just released the first BPR 1994 skin pack. The pack contains everything needed for race 1 on the Paul Ricard circuit.

The project is called the "BPR Recreation Project". The aim is to do a pack for each race from 1994 to 1996 on which I have sufficient information. If somebody here wants to offer me a helping hand, I would be very grateful.
The project is not only about the skins, but all aspects which are needed to recreate the races.

Skinning
  • Creation of missing car models
  • Improvement of car models and their physics
  • Variation of car models
  • Creation of missing tracks
  • Research of data from the period
  • BoP

Please contact me via PM if you want to help or simply get more information on the project.

I am dreaming of a final result where all car models, tracks and skins of this mind blowing GT period are recreated for AC.

Daniel
Here you might find references for all the skins you need
BTW this is just a wonderful proyect!!!

Here you might find references for all the skins you need
BTW this is just a wonderful proyect!!!
Thanx sagasti9pro, the mod is on my HDD. I already used it for verifying bits and pieces on my skins. :-)

shi
V8 Supercars China Round v0.8
Download (mediafire)

View attachment 1201385
Add-on to recreate the 2005 V8 Supercars China Round.
Add a new layout.
Unknown Chinese billboards were replaced with other logos such as Buick.

How to install:
Drag and drop into the folder name: china_gp
The download of china_gp is on @Breathe 's list. (Line 1412 of the Real tab.)

-CSP required

Credits & Thanks;
China Grand Prix 2020 v1.2 by Bug3721, Updated by @CrisT86

Add-ons by @shi (shin956)
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Enjoy.
Created at the request of Patreon member Denver Thurston.

Thanks, it works fine also with china_2022

This skin is the car as raced by Greg Murphy and Kayne Scott at the Wellington Street race in 1992. This was the first tin top Murphy raced, before driving super tourers then the V8s in Aus where he set the "Lap of the Gods" at Bathurst in 2003.
The ford_sierra_cosworth_rs500_dtm_90s mod is required for this skin

View attachment 1201610

View attachment 1201611

Last edited:
shi
OLDRing Park v1.03
Download (mediafire)

View attachment 1195677
Fictional circuit in Italy.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP required
-38 pit/start
-9 layouts
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by Gundam and Uitko
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for their work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font by @gunnar333
Billboard textures, logo.png and flying stuff by @Masscot
Animated flagmen by @Masscot (Original by doublezero)
mountain by @pk3r72owns
RainFX by @twobegreen
Additional cam by @racinjoe013
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Fanapryde , @Masscot , @twobegreen, @Mike08

Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed pit_lane.ai in Formula Challenge & Jr layout. (Thanks for the report by Nova Gasman.)
-Additional cam by racinjoe013.
-Included starting_bounds.ini in all layouts. (Suggestion by Mike08. Thanks.)

v1.02 changelog;
-Adjusted the darkness under the roof of the stand at the hairpin corner. (Suggestion by Mascot. Thanks.)
-New VAO-patch

v1.03 changelog;
-Deleted unnecessary objects in s/f gantry legs. (Thanks for the report by Mascot.)
-Added Alternative Track Branding skin by Mascot.

OLDRing Park v1.03
The link is in the quote.

v1.03 changelog;
-Deleted unnecessary objects in s/f gantry legs. (Thanks for the report by @Masscot .)
-Added Alternative Track Branding skin by @Masscot .
Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_oldring_park_19-9-122-11-53-52.jpg

shi
OLDRing Park v1.03
The link is in the quote.

v1.03 changelog;
-Deleted unnecessary objects in s/f gantry legs. (Thanks for the report by @Masscot .)
-Added Alternative Track Branding skin by @Masscot .
View attachment 1201818
Thanks for the updates. Love the new skin. Would it be ok if I posted an alternative ext_config here that adds fall and winter seasonal adjustments. I know like me, some people like having the seasons change. To the best my eyes can tell, this doesn't impact the way spring and summer look.

Thanks for the updates. Love the new skin. Would it be ok if I posted an alternative ext_config here that adds fall and winter seasonal adjustments. I know like me, some people like having the seasons change. To the best my eyes can tell, this doesn't impact the way spring and summer look.
Thank you.
No problem.

With @shi permission, this is an alternative ext_config for OLDRing Park that adds seasonal changes for fall and winter. I'm not a fan of the overly brown dried out summer look so spring and summer should be unchanged. The original ext_config is included to easily revert back.

I don't really know how the seasons change in Italy so these are based on when fall and winter hit in my area of the world. If someone wants to tell me what months should be fall and winter I can adjust accordingly. You can play with the fall and winter values to get a color intensity you prefer. Peak fall colors hit on October 21st.

EDIT: Just hit me, I think I cut the grass. To get back to the original grassfx heights, copy and paste this over the same section in the ext_config. Sorry about that...

[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
TEXTURE_BASE_CHANCE = 1
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.25
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD =
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.01
TRIM_PERIOD = THURSDAY
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.4, 3.0

Attachments

• OLDRing_ext_config.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Good to know! I'll experiment with these suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

It can be rescaled and repositioned in CM showroom, or a different steer.ksanim substituted in from another car. Or a custom driver could be made in 3D software.
I wasn't able to figure out how to rescale/reposition the driver in CM showroom, but thanks to Masscot's suggestions, I WAS able to locate a decent replacement for the default Porsche 914-6 Sonauto driver. In case anyone's interested, I borrowed a replacement steer.ksanim file from DRM Modding Teams Porsche 935 K2 3.0 DRM '77, and though slightly tall in the seat, it works really well for me. Good times. Thanks again for the advice.

I wasn't able to figure out how to rescale/reposition the driver in CM showroom, but thanks to Masscot's suggestions, I WAS able to locate a decent replacement for the default Porsche 914-6 Sonauto driver. In case anyone's interested, I borrowed a replacement steer.ksanim file from DRM Modding Teams Porsche 935 K2 3.0 DRM '77, and though slightly tall in the seat, it works really well for me. Good times. Thanks again for the advice.
To rescale/reposition (which is pretty much essential if adding a new steer.ksanim):
  1. CM showroom
  2. F1 into the cockpit
  3. click 'car parameters' (little car icon, top right of sidebar)
  4. click 'driver', then 'moveable driver'
  5. click anywhere inside the cockpit
  6. the driver and control arrows should appear
  7. adjust your view with the mouse and arrow keys (hold shift for slo-mo)
  8. move him with the control arrows
  9. 'save pos' after each adjustment (this seems to reduce the driver moving slightly on saving, but it'll still do it on occasion)

This might be of use too:

Last edited:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/renault-5-gt-turbo-phase-2.117303/post-3602768
ITA:
Dopo una piccola rimpatriata tra Franc_23 e Modders Squadra Corse tra risate e ricordi, abbiamo decisio insieme di riprendere in mano il nostro caro vecchio progetto della Renault Super 5GT Turbo Phase2/cup e aggiornare tutto (3D, fisica, sound) e rendere una delle prime mod di AC più divertente di sempre. Rimanete sintonizzati
😎

ENG:
After a small reunion between Franc_23 and ModdersSquadraCorse between laughter and memories, we decided together to pick up our dear old project of the Renault Super 5GT Turbo Phase2 / cup and update everything (3D, physics, sound) and make one of the first mods of Funniest AC ever. Stay tuned
😎

312435087_3244716962447617_3030900268183860226_n.jpg
312367164_3244716702447643_6742585103881894696_n.jpg
312363563_3244716725780974_1690945136960674685_n.jpg
312341557_3244716665780980_6963468634984968159_n.jpg
312046682_3244716705780976_3032213113750589599_n.jpg
__custom_showroom_1666141080.png
__custom_showroom_1666141113.png
__custom_showroom_1666141141.png
__custom_showroom_1666141166.png

To rescale/reposition (which is pretty much essential if adding a new steer.ksanim):
  1. CM showroom
  2. F1 into the cockpit
  3. click 'car parameters' (little car icon, top right of sidebar)
  4. click 'driver', then 'moveable driver'
  5. click anywhere inside the cockpit
  6. the driver and control arrows should appear
  7. adjust your view with the mouse and arrow keys (hold shift for slo-mo)
  8. move him with the control arrows
  9. 'save pos' after each adjustment (this seems to reduce the driver moving slightly on saving, but it'll still do it on occasion)

This might be of use too:
Brilliant.
I love learning and putting this stuff to use. Thanks much Masscot.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/renault-5-gt-turbo-phase-2.117303/post-3602768
ITA:
Dopo una piccola rimpatriata tra Franc_23 e Modders Squadra Corse tra risate e ricordi, abbiamo decisio insieme di riprendere in mano il nostro caro vecchio progetto della Renault Super 5GT Turbo Phase2/cup e aggiornare tutto (3D, fisica, sound) e rendere una delle prime mod di AC più divertente di sempre. Rimanete sintonizzati
😎

ENG:
After a small reunion between Franc_23 and ModdersSquadraCorse between laughter and memories, we decided together to pick up our dear old project of the Renault Super 5GT Turbo Phase2 / cup and update everything (3D, physics, sound) and make one of the first mods of Funniest AC ever. Stay tuned
😎

View attachment 1201923View attachment 1201924View attachment 1201925View attachment 1201927View attachment 1201929View attachment 1201931View attachment 1201933View attachment 1201934View attachment 1201935
Curiously I'm working on it too... but I'm a newbie, so my work is so far from yours! :) I will wait anxiously, because a good R5 mod is missing!

__custom_showroom_1666214729.png

Hi Every body,

Been gone a long while, recovering from bladder cancer and surgery. I'm happy to say after the chemo treatments I'm cancer free :-)

I'm not quite up to sim racing yet as my insides are still pretty delicate, no heavy lifting or straining for a while yet. So It will be a while B4 I get back to making AI lines and track limits.

If my sudden departure left anybody waiting for any AI I was supposed to make, I apologize.

I'm still dealing with some heavy family issues as well, which doesn't promote healing very quickly.

I hope y'all are well. I'll be around.

Oh one more thing, does anybody know or can point me in the direction of what the fix is for this error -
sshot-004.jpg

This skin is the car as raced by Greg Murphy and Kayne Scott at the Wellington Street race in 1992. This was the first tin top Murphy raced, before driving super tourers then the V8s in Aus where he set the "Lap of the Gods" at Bathurst in 2004.
The ford_sierra_cosworth_rs500_dtm_90s mod is required for this skin

View attachment 1201610

View attachment 1201611
Very nice! but FYI.. the Lap Of The Gods was set in 2003, not 2004..

Porsche TWR WSC95 1996 for Assetto Corsa

Ported by: Stoffle Waffle

Donation: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/Peugeot905

SSC/RMS,Peugeot905,Kamil Cader,NeilB1971

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yasisfksgn9zryr/rms_porsche_twr_wsc95.7z

Other Lemans Prototypes: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p05kc571r5thj/Lemans_Prototype_Updates

Other Updated Mods: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hb0hx8n6y3c8b/Assetto_Corsa_Mods_1

Tests

Testers: Peugeot905,Kamil Cader,NeilB1971

Lemans

Real Life:
#8 3:46.680
#7 3:47.383
Speed Trap: 320 km/h 198.839 mph

Virtual Lemans 1991 track used

Conditions: Optimum Conditions

Fuel: 11

Ai level 100 me: 3:47.350, 3:47.220

Ai level 100: 3:47.376,3:47.899

me: 3:47.476, 3:46.975

Speed trap: 198 mph

Donington Park

Real Life: 1:25.969

Virtual Donington park GP DM used

Ai level 100 me: 1:26.054, 1:26.051

Ai level 100: 1:26.126, 1:26.456

me: 1:26.176, 1:26.032

View attachment 1201048
View attachment 1201050
View attachment 1201051
View attachment 1201049
View attachment 1201052
Amazing work of yours man. I am a fanatic of the 24 Hours and the mid-late 90s revival era of Le Mans is only second to me after the two Golden Eras of the 60s and 80s. It's been a while, as a guy which collabs as well to recreate those protos and GT1s from these years and I cannot help myself but bow down to your work... there was around a private mod of the TWR-Porsche from LM '98 but honestly THIS is the actual beast that shocked the Endurance world winning two times with an almost 10 years-old chassis and an "old" Flat 6 Turbo bought from Zuffenhausen... able even to put to shame the brand new Works 911 GT1 and the unlucky EVO-97 (not to mention the various contenders such as the brand new McLaren F1 GTR-LT, Nissan,
R390, Courage, Ferrari privatees and so on...). Proud to be born in 1997, what a year for motorsport! ;)

BTW, even if I'm sure you will keep it up with your magnificent work and surely you have some ideas to what recreate now for AC between the remaining protos, I'd really suggest you to recreate once for all the amazing 333SP J-B long tail, maybe in the 1998 version with the two separated "pontoons" which made her slightly faster and let me say it - beauty AF especially in that Marlboro livery... and aside my personal tastes, I think, even if the 333SP LM of these years has already been recreated, that was a wonderful one-off which looked way cooler and that catched the attention of the public way more rather then the other SPs. And so I think it'd happen for AC. I'd really love it and as I just said, everyone as well... ;) Hope you will listen to me, but in any case if you will keep up this magnificent work of yours, it will be out someday, I'm counting on you, and whatever will be the next one, good luck and good work, I stongly support your receations as accurate as full of passion.

Dearly, and with all my admiration
- "Jo" Lothar Grandicelli

Hi Every body,

Been gone a long while, recovering from bladder cancer and surgery. I'm happy to say after the chemo treatments I'm cancer free :-)

I'm not quite up to sim racing yet as my insides are still pretty delicate, no heavy lifting or straining for a while yet. So It will be a while B4 I get back to making AI lines and track limits.

If my sudden departure left anybody waiting for any AI I was supposed to make, I apologize.

I'm still dealing with some heavy family issues as well, which doesn't promote healing very quickly.

I hope y'all are well. I'll be around.

Oh one more thing, does anybody know or can point me in the direction of what the fix is for this error -
View attachment 1201969
Wow sir, modding be damned, glad to hear you're on the mend.

With regards to the error, what's the file you're trying to install and where from? Is that the 'Neva Ring' update? If so, looks like the original file was moved for some reason (original Race department link doesn't work) - suggest deleting the track from the tracks folder and reinstalling latest version anew from: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/neva-ring.42672/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back