Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
as @Zander71 said it's from the BTCC Legends pack however....

I believe the origins of this is from the World Touring Cars mod from GTR2 or the Race 07 Mod (i don't know the name).

it's not worth the purchase. Look "around" to find them cause they are only the PM3DM Primera Physics mostly. don't bother with a few as they got cars that are already on like the Volvo S40, Mondeo (MK II) and Vectra. - PM3DM made the S40 and VRC has the mondeo and vectra.
Thanks for the advice and your answers :)
Hard to find a high quality BTCC mod.

I'll see what I can do with these cars, the BoP doesn't look great but it might do for a small championship.

Hey,

I believe the issue is with Lod B. The version of Simplygon I was using seemed to cause the issue with Lod B only. I 'll get on a fix shortly as that must be annoying. I'll need a few days though as I'm very busy atm.

@El Locho as always your help on this board is much appreciated.
No hurry from this end but thank you for responding here and on the Patreon :) I'd also tried to sort some of the wonky physics with the original Mod, as it had everyone with a turbo engine! Managed to get a half-decent version of the Williams after much fiddling but very happy to support a quality modder to do the work instead! The fact you've done 1986 as well was the icing on the cake (as a big Nigel Mansell fan).

Last edited:
Thank you for your report.

UPDATE Ruapuna Park 2012

v2.6
  • fixed broken cams for Club layout (renamed folderstructure to outer_loop_dipper again)

Thanks for the update. Is it possible to replace these treewalls with ones without the cel shaded effect on their top edge, it kind of looks a bit cartoonish?

1673906903154.jpeg

Thanks for the update. Is it possible to replace these treewalls with ones without the cel shaded effect on their top edge, it kind of looks a bit cartoonish?

View attachment 1223409
Maybe wait for the newer version? With this being an ex gpl track, it's pretty bloody good considering. It's very close to being there, having used to go watch every weekend and raced on as well.
Considering where this track started, it's lasted well but there is a much later version that was originally made for NZ TV for the preview of the NZ V8s and never released for sim racing.

Maybe wait for the newer version? With this being an ex gpl track, it's pretty bloody good considering. It's very close to being there, having used to go watch every weekend and raced on as well.
Considering where this track started, it's lasted well but there is a much later version that was originally made for NZ TV for the preview of the NZ V8s and never released for sim racing.
Which newer version? Someone is working on an update/conversion of Ruapuna?
Anyway, as said two days ago or yesterday i don't remember, while testing the problem with the camera reported by another user, i updated my config (even @Rainmaker87 released the update without the fixes) and solved that problem too (at least for my personal tastes). Probably is not the best solution in the world, but considering the limits of the track itself it's already better for a not-so-important part of the track while driving

Screenshot_asr_1992_tyrrell_020b_ruapuna_park2012_16-0-123-23-30-40.jpg

Which newer version? Someone is working on an update/conversion of Ruapuna?
Anyway, as said two days ago or yesterday i don't remember, while testing the problem with the camera reported by another user, i updated my config (even @Rainmaker87 released the update without the fixes) and solved that problem too (at least for my personal tastes). Probably is not the best solution in the world, but considering the limits of the track itself it's already better for a not-so-important part of the track while driving

View attachment 1223410
Yes there is a newer version than the gpl version. As I said it was made for NZ TV and never been released in sim racing. It's not currently being worked on because of other projects ahead of it.
The camera issue was caused partly by my suggestion of naming the layouts in keeping with the real world layouts. I've done the renaming on my install with UI adjustments and left folder structure as is.
Graphically when driving it feels like actually there except the dipper is flat in game but extremely banked in real. Not worth trying to fix with the limitations of the current version.
The new version will be done, I understand in due course.

Good to hear that, i always liked Ruapuna and it deserver a better (newer) version. As said, the release from Rain it include my old update, then last week i fixed something i didn't noticed in the past and done this fix too for myself. If Rain want to release (meanwhile we wait the best version) i'm available to send him the latest version and the fix for the cams for all layouts (i fixed for others layouts too in order to make them more seamless as possible)

Good to hear that, i always liked Ruapuna and it deserver a better (newer) version. As said, the release from Rain it include my old update, then last week i fixed something i didn't noticed in the past and done this fix too for myself. If Rain want to release (meanwhile we wait the best version) i'm available to send him the latest version and the fix for the cams for all layouts (i fixed for others layouts too in order to make them more seamless as possible)
I'm curious, with the drag strip, did you do a camera for that? I know it had no Ai. I followed the structure of RMIs motopark which had no ai for dragstrip, but proper cameras for the dragstrip would be good.
I wasn't sure how to do an Ai for dragstrip since you don't return to the pits, which are behind the starting points. Am just curious how an Ai and cameras are done on a dragstrip. The newer Ruapuna will need that and the upcoming proper version of Taupo.
The Taupo we have in game is very inaccurate with no elevation and it's layouts are wrong also. There is a more accurate version also planned and I believe Shin is working on a much nicer version of Manfeild with all layouts and real billboards.
Hopefully we never see the balloons on any nz tracks again ;)
Ruapuna could have irregular flights of Boeing 737s or airbuses as you often see them coming in to land at the nearby airport.

Last edited:
So now that RMi_Wood is now working on porting the tracks from a Japan-only arcade racing game that many westerners never heard of as well as making some finishing touches to that other track pack, i checked on Breathe's track list & i found this one.
View attachment 1223326

Word of warning though: This track has a jump that is almost impossible to get past it. You'll most likely spin out & slip off the track.
i did the jump with a good braking car, witout heavy aereodinamics, maybe someting in the 2023 WEC Grid could help

1960s Longford

A standalone version of Longford_67 based on the Legion and @slider666 version of the track. All credits for the track go to them. To be honest, there wasn't anything wrong with the track. I just didn't like some missing CSP features and the overall texture brightness and colors. So I made the track look more to my liking. People seem to prefer that I do these as standalone tracks so that's what I did.

1960s Longford

Additions\Changes:

-- Added animated flags on the front stretch and all track flagmen.
-- Texture\shader adjustments to eliminate the washed out look the track had, at least on my system. Very much ppfilter related so you may not like the changes.
-- Two alternative track skins. One gives a burnt out appearance to the grass and trees, more like the original Longford_67 track had. One gives a greener appearance to the grass and trees. I left the grass and trees as separate skins so you can mix and match to get something more to your liking. I.E, you could choose to use the default trees with the greener grass.
-- New collision physics .kn5 file to eliminate the sticky fences. I didn't do all of them for now. I only did the ones I felt might matter. I'll eventually get all of them. Thanks to @pugsang for the instructions on how to do it. Hopefully I did it correctly.
-- New ai lines for the default track. This is a tricky one. How well the ai works on this track is greatly dependent on the car mod. Some mods work well, some struggle. A lot of it has to do with how narrow the track is in some spots and you just can't get wider cars through some areas side by side. If you find my new ai just doesn't work for the cars you are racing, there is an Original_AI folder and an Optional_AI folder you can try instead.
-- New timing .kn5 file to get the cars spread out a little at the start of the race. Helps the AI make it through the first lap.
-- New timing .kn5 file for the reverse layout. The original timing file was an absolute mess. It had the cars line up after the s/f line and in the wrong order at the start of the race and the pit slots were reversed.
-- New sidelines for the reverse layout to help get the ai through the first turn better. They take it a little wide, but I had to do it that way to make it work.
-- A host of new replay cams for both layouts from @CrisT86 , @DaBaeda and one from myself.
-- New ext_config done by @CrisT86. Don't ask me what changes he made. I only know it works well.

Notes about the config:

-- If you want a darker or lighter road surface, open up the ext_config file in Notepad++ Change the ambient and diffuse values for the three entries from line 489 through 505.
-- The base ext_config has no snow days. If you want at least one day of snow to drive in, go to the extension folder and delete or rename the ext_config file. Rename ext_config_with_snow to ext_config and set your date to July 20-22.

As always, please point out any mistakes so I can fix them. I'm not an expert at this stuff.

longford1.jpg

Last edited:
First of all: thanks for your work, the track looks amazing and I enjoyed racing there today. I'm not so familiar with the original track, haven't been there or haven't seen a race from Long Beach for a long time. But it definitely looks great!

Just one thing I noticed is, that there is something strange with some shadows (or something like it) at the exit of the the pit lane.

hello!

First, thanks to all that participated in previous release of Long Beach (t21 nrms).
It's far from perfect but I think it's a small step forward.

View attachment 1222996

In this "reworked" version:

-3d trees - thanks to El Locho for the models!, M08 (autopolis) and TCFSHCRW :-)
-PRM
-Some lights
-Some new textures (asphalt)
-Spectators

What would be nice to add:
-Finish and optimize lights
-missing white structure at T1 (I don't know why is not present in the original track)

View attachment 1222995

note1: To decrease the number of trees it is just to delete some lines inside "t21_long_beach_nrms\extension\trees\trees_track.txt"
note2: I kept all of the original files... just in case...

Great work but I've noticed there is no rain effects? I thought it was dependent on csp not the actual tracks? I still get rain on the original and all other tracks

Last edited:
Lola B2k/10 for Assetto Corsa Pack 2

cars

Lola B2K/10 VW

Lola B2K/10 Porsche

Download Pack 2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8pn5loceoisv9fj/Lola_B2K10_Porsche_and_VW.7z/file

Pack 1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/wjfd2z3sn18lqek/Lola_B2K10_Pack_1_Judd_and_Ford.7z/file
(Lola B2K/10 Judd and B2K/10 Ford, previously posted on GTPlanet)

Other updated Lemans Prototypes:

Original from Legion

Updated by Peugeot905

physics: Peugeot905

minor scaling/graphical: Peugeot905

sound: Kunos

rework
-New Physics
aero, tires, suspension, setup, ai, brakes, etc
-Update to model(mainly Tyres)
-New sounds for each engine type.
rescaled tires.

Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/Peugeot905

Pics by Miguel Angelo Silva

324931361_745751996518077_4631908320359362912_n.png

321558582_2343170729406567_9100511076873039952_n.png

321538068_701924844798406_8865588141879091939_n.png

Screenshot_lola_b2k10_porsche_acf_jyllandsringen_17-0-123-0-14-33.jpg

Screenshot_lola_b2k10_porsche_acf_jyllandsringen_17-0-123-0-14-5.jpg

Screenshot_lola_b2k10_porsche_acf_jyllandsringen_17-0-123-0-13-57.jpg

Great work but I've noticed there is no rain effects? I thought it was dependent on csp not the actual tracks? I still get rain on the original and all other tracks
Go here and drag/drop the "extension" folder into your main "assettocorsa" folder, that should do it:

(Found thanks to @Breathe's excellent track list, thank you!)

Edit: update with a link just to the extension folder if you don't feel like downloading all 280MB:

Last edited:
1960s Longford

A standalone version of Longford_67 based on the Legion and @slider666 version of the track. All credits for the track go to them. To be honest, there wasn't anything wrong with the track. I just didn't like some missing CSP features and the overall texture brightness and colors. So I made the track look more to my liking. People seem to prefer that I do these as standalone tracks so that's what I did.

1960s Longford

Additions\Changes:

-- Added animated flags on the front stretch and all track flagmen.
-- Texture\shader adjustments to eliminate the washed out look the track had, at least on my system. Very much ppfilter related so you may not like the changes. There are some textures that don't match well, but I can't do anything about it. I don't know what format they were saved in originally, but when I try to change and resave them, they turn into pudding in the game.
-- Two alternative track skins. One gives a burnt out appearance to the grass and trees, more like the original Longford_67 track had. One gives a greener appearance to the grass and trees. I left the grass and trees as separate skins so you can mix and match to get something more to your liking. I.E, you could choose to use the default trees with the greener grass.
-- New collision physics .kn5 file to eliminate the sticky fences. I didn't do all of them for now. I only did the ones I felt might matter. I'll eventually get all of them. Thanks to @pugsang for the instructions on how to do it. Hopefully I did it correctly.
-- New ai lines for the default track. This is a tricky one. How well the ai works on this track is greatly dependent on the car mod. Some mods work well, some struggle. A lot of it has to do with how narrow the track is in some spots and you just can't get wider cars through some areas side by side. If you find my new ai just doesn't work for the cars you are racing, there is an Original_AI folder and an Optional_AI folder you can try instead.
-- New timing .kn5 file to get the cars spread out a little at the start of the race. Helps the AI make it through the first lap.
-- New timing .kn5 file for the reverse layout. The original timing file was an absolute mess. It had the cars line up after the s/f line and in the wrong order at the start of the race and the pit slots were reversed.
-- New sidelines for the reverse layout to help get the ai through the first turn better. They take it a little wide, but I had to do it that way to make it work.
-- A host of new replay cams for both layouts from @CrisT86 , @DaBaeda and one from myself.
-- New ext_config done by @CrisT86. Don't ask me what changes he made. I only know it works well.

Notes about the config:

-- If you want a darker or lighter road surface, open up the ext_config file in Notepad++ Change the ambient and diffuse values for the three entries from line 489 through 505.
-- The base ext_config has no snow days. If you want at least one day of snow to drive in, go to the extension folder and delete or rename the ext_config file. Rename ext_config_with_snow to ext_config and set your date to July 20-22.

As always, please point out any mistakes so I can fix them. I'm not an expert at this stuff.

View attachment 1223459
thank you for all the hard work you put into these tracks, its very appreciated.

You can send me the stuff if you like.

I'm curious, with the drag strip, did you do a camera for that? I know it had no Ai. I followed the structure of RMIs motopark which had no ai for dragstrip, but proper cameras for the dragstrip would be good.
I wasn't sure how to do an Ai for dragstrip since you don't return to the pits, which are behind the starting points. Am just curious how an Ai and cameras are done on a dragstrip. The newer Ruapuna will need that and the upcoming proper version of Taupo.
The Taupo we have in game is very inaccurate with no elevation and it's layouts are wrong also. There is a more accurate version also planned and I believe Shin is working on a much nicer version of Manfeild with all layouts and real billboards.
Hopefully we never see the balloons on any nz tracks again ;)
Ruapuna could have irregular flights of Boeing 737s or airbuses as you often see them coming in to land at the nearby airport.

Edited to include link to video
Just so you can get an idea how the newer Ruapuna looks.

No cam for the dragstrip due to the lack of AI. Making the AI for the drag strip is not a big deal, is like an hillclimb: Point A to Point B without anything else as far as i know (never asked this question to myself before).

For the rest i fixed some not-so-much seamless transition for all the layouts, updated the config and fixed that treewall as said.

PCars had a very good version of Ruapuna, don't know if rFactor2 have a good one or not. I hope that Manfeild came from a good base, because (nothing against him of course) many of Shin conversion are from rFactor1 or GTR if i'm not wrong, so they still shows their ages as today, but yeah, anything newer is better than nothing ;)

No cam for the dragstrip due to the lack of AI. Making the AI for the drag strip is not a big deal, is like an hillclimb: Point A to Point B without anything else as far as i know (never asked this question to myself before).

For the rest i fixed some not-so-much seamless transition for all the layouts, updated the config and fixed that treewall as said.

PCars had a very good version of Ruapuna, don't know if rFactor2 have a good one or not. I hope that Manfeild came from a good base, because (nothing against him of course) many of Shin conversion are from rFactor1 or GTR if i'm not wrong, so they still shows their ages as today, but yeah, anything newer is better than nothing ;)
The ruapuna is from the same era, not newly made The new manfield is directly from the original creator, not a conversion of a conversion of a conversion. I've been shown a sneak peak at Mafield and it's head and shoulders over what is in game currently, and has all layouts, unlike the rfactor2 conversion which only got the long layout which is never used for the national series. The fact the new ruapuna isn't a gpl conversion, even though it's very good for where it came from, I'm pretty confident it'll be another top quality job.

Edit: after thought.
Ai on hillclimb, I've not done it. I only ever did one ai, when I had a play with the Manfeild we have, adding in the grand prix/national layout for person use, I abandoned it when Danman gave his work to my friend.

Last edited:
(NOT MINE)

I didn't saw it shared around, so if anyone of you doesn't like to go to RD :

Whatcha thinkin' ? I think the potential is huge with this, like Fat-Alfie's huge, but right now, the environnement and the trees are more like "meh"

(NOT MINE)

Whatcha thinkin' ? I think the potential is huge with this, like Fat-Alfie's huge, but right now, the environnement and the trees are more like "meh"
Considering it's his first ever track it's a very good track. I've seen far worse.

(NOT MINE)

As you wrote.
Needs road feel too.

Are there any videos of the 1982 TMW cars? I've found a few YouTube videos with '82 cars in them, but I suspect it might be Simdreams '82 mod. I'm just debating about whether to join their Patreon but can't see the quality of their work.

Oh, I wasn't criticising the overall track, it is very nice indeed, especially considering its source. Rainmaker knows how much I appreciate his conversions from the earliest days of AC.
Treewalls are pretty easily fixed and can have a big effect on the overall look of a track.
Has this newer and better version you mention definitely been confirmed for a public release? If not, the wait might be in vain.

(NOT MINE)

Beautiful track, but absolutely not usable on my side straight on without losing the ability to see due to the overexposed things and the basically totally lack of CSP settings at the moment, but it has a big potential ;)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back