Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,824 comments
SKINPACK SKINPACK SKINPACK

The year is 1982, after a nice first entry with the europa cup and the success of the serie and the R5 Turbo the previous year, Renault decided to lauch a new cup program, worldwide this time, for another of their sportscar, the Alpine A310.
The program was a great success in terms of racing and attendance, but a pretty costly one. Even with the help of the main sponsor of the cup and only tire provider, Michelin, it would be hard for Renault to keep going with the two programs. And so they went with the less costly of them. And this was the end of the "1 year only" Cup serie of the A310.

View attachment 1227350

The skins are in 4K with drivers, teams and flags all together. All fictional, of course.
I think it's my best one yet :)

AND HERE COMES THE LINK
(yes, it is RD, I KNOW, but it's only 13Mo...)

Hope you enjoy it !
Fantastic skins, but I think the slightly dull default paint finish on this car doesn't really do them justice. This config will add a bit more gloss to really make them, er... shine. Looks a lot better I think, certainly in VR where dull paint can look quite odd.
Just copy the text to the existing extension/ext_config.ini in the car folder.
Code:
;shiny paint
[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial = car paint
CarPaintVersionAware = 2 ;
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
FresnelMax = 0.5
FresnelC = 0.1
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.9
ClearCoatThickness = 0.1
ColoredSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ApplyTilingFix = 0

I get this error when I have Fraps (for showing the fps) running
close it and I hope it will load for you
Im curious why you would run Fraps to get the FPS when there is a built in app that shows FPS and all other manner of info.

Last edited:
Fantastic skins, but I think the slightly dull default paint finish on this car doesn't really do them justice. This config will add a bit more gloss to really make them, er... shine. Looks a lot better I think, certainly in VR where dull paint can look quite odd.
Code:
;shiny paint
FresnelMax = 0.5
FresnelC = 0.1
ClearCoatThickness = 0.1
ColoredSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ApplyTilingFix = 0
Noice! I'll try that when i'll have the time to !

Code:
;shiny paint
FresnelMax = 0.5
FresnelC = 0.1
ClearCoatThickness = 0.1
ColoredSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ApplyTilingFix = 0
That's a keeper. Ta.

shi
Nurburgring 2001 v1.01

View attachment 1226369
Old layout of Nurburgring, Germany.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by ISI
GTR2 Converted by @Zwiss
-Thank you for giving me permission (ZWISS)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font by @gunnar333
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Terrain and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde , @Breathe , @slider666

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Connor - Timonike.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Added GP layout. (Thanks to @Juppek for the suggestion.)
-Fixed Deutsche Post logo. (Thanks to @slider666 for the report.)
-Updated D2 and Deutsche Post logo.
-AI upscaled scoreboard textures.

Nurburgring 2001 v1.01
The link is in the quote.
Please do a clean install.

v1.01 changelog;
-Added GP layout. (Thanks to @Juppek for the suggestion.)
-Fixed Deutsche Post logo. (Thanks to @slider666 for the report.)
-Updated D2 and Deutsche Post logo.
-AI upscaled scoreboard textures.
Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_nurburgring2001_30-0-123-16-13-42.jpg

Don't mean to be a pain in the back side but I need to ask again, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I am having trouble with the BTCC Nissan Primera, there is a strange effect happening with the in car camera view making it undriveable. I have deleted the car and reinstalled it but that doesn't help. Can anyone help me with this?
Assetto Corsa 31_01_2023 12_41_00 PM.png

A bit more info would have been ideal to have, like: same issue or not with other car/track mods, versions used of CSP, Sol, etc...

pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc__cockpit-cam.png

Just checked the Nissan Primera BTCC v1.1 (RD mod) and everything seems to be running OK with CSP 1.80p1, Sol 2.2.6 or Pure 0.148...

You may consider reinstalling whatever version of CSP you're using - could be a corrupt file...

BTW also have CSP Settings - WindscreenFX as non-active...

Have not read up anyone else having similar issues with this particular mod...

All the best with the suggested fix & happy racing!

Is this the 2012 Race of Champions (ROC) in London Stadium? Then we have it already in AC (but rather old):

seems the same, will bin my effort.

Don't mean to be a pain in the back side but I need to ask again, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I am having trouble with the BTCC Nissan Primera, there is a strange effect happening with the in car camera view making it undriveable. I have deleted the car and reinstalled it but that doesn't help. Can anyone help me with this?
Primara is fine here (same settings as @racealot, but I have windscreenFX active).
Good morning

Is this appearance normal on the Alpine A310 V6 gauges? THX
View attachment 1227565
I'd say no. They should appear like this (my view is a bit different, but you see what I mean):

alpine.png

Be careful. They can look a lot worse due to pop-in, and they can tank performance.
I know, just thinkering with them rn, but you have admit they look good on screenshots , and to be fair I didn't notice a lot of pop up during my tests :D, for the performance yes, but it's inevitable, it's already a technical miracle that they work as good as they do.

I know, just thinkering with them rn, but you have admit they look good on screenshots , and to be fair I didn't notice a lot of pop up during my tests :D, for the performance yes, but it's inevitable, it's already a technical miracle that they work as good as they do.
They look good on screenshots and they may look good in VR, but on flats (triples in my case) they are looking FAR from being nice: shadows, appearance, popping etc...

So the Paul Ricard from ACC by Javier is finally released!!

Here's the link to the discord for the track, just join and download no bs steps to do.
https://discord.gg/6wRhsB73mY

I can only share the link to the discord as per the author's discretion, posting the track link would be disrespectful so I won't do it and I hope no one else does (but I'm sure someone would anyways xD)
Hello !
Could you tell me where i can find this track now ?
The discord link doesn't work anymore..
Thanks a lot

2018 Ferrari 488 GTE Pack (Endurance and Sprint version)

1.png

There it is !

The new pack for the Ferrari 488 GTE EVO !
Now you have 2 version (Only visual changes !), endu version with lights and small flaps and the sprint version without endu lights and with bigger flaps !

What other news about this version ?

• New front bumper (now working with skin)
  • New mirrors (and now you can paint and skin them)
  • New AO (and add a better AO for the interior)
  • New rear glass (you can skin them too)
  • Add side light number for the endu version
  • Reworked meshes and model for better performance in game !

Have fun !

Last edited:
I can imagine when driving super fast F1 cars it is getting unbearable, so drive like me, slow prewar cars and you will not see that lot of an treeFX popping out of the air. ;-)
I do like the 3D trees very much, especially in 3D-VR its an prominent eye candy and to keep FPS on an acceptable level I have absolutely no problems in shifting down some of the the CM adjustments. About popping up, I’m sure this will eventually be solved in an CM update, as this trees distance rendering behavior is nearly being eliminated in all modern flysims. Hey were just at a start of something nice.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean about the rain, it’s more pronounced in areas where there are gantries or bridges to simulate the runoff and while there aren’t a ton of puddles or spots to aquaplane it’s not like Long Beach gets much rain to reference either.

Regarding the blue lights for some reason one of the configs has a shader or material adjustment that adds a blue emissive to it, can’t remember which one but it’ll be an emissive value and Material=glass, the rest I can’t remember and if you haven’t gotten it I should be able to get on the rig to check tomorrow night.

Edit:
Change to this in the ext_config.ini in the track folder starting on line 337:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_14]
ACTIVE=1
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=1
DESCRIPTION= acuario_escaleras
MATERIALS = glass
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0= 0,0,0
;VALUE_0_OFF= 0, 0, 0
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH
Thank you for your reply! I've fixed the issue with the blue lights, thanks to you. :)

Apologies for my lack of clarity regarding what I meant with the rainfall. Perhaps pictures will be more illustrative of what I mean:

244210_20230201173818_1.png

You can see above that there's no rainfall directly in front of me. It's like this in all but a couple of parts of the track. Interestingly, there's rainfall in the mirrors. Not sure what's up with that.

To rule out it being a problem with something else, here's a picture of rainfall at Silverstone for comparison:
244210_20230201174103_1.png

But anyway. Thank you again for helping me fix the problem with the trackside objects! :)

This is my first GTP Release!

View attachment 1227217

Today it's the turn of the two Reiter Engineering cars:
the SaReNi Camaro GT and the Reiter Gallardo R-EX GT3.
Once again, the cars were made with a lot of passion and they have many different features:

Gallardo:
  • fully functional display and Racelogic with 2 pages each (use EXTRA_A and EXTRA_B to change).
  • Sprint and Endu configuration depending on the skin
  • realistic physics based on real data
  • fully working lights outside + inside
  • Wobbling Exhaust
  • damage and dirt textures
  • Rain tires + physics
  • windshield wipers + automatic rain light
  • fully animated rear wing with correct bolt position for all 15 slots
  • Custom Sound

Camaro:
  • fully functional display with 2 pages (use EXTRA_B to change)
  • daytime running lights can be deactivated by EXTRA_A
  • all years with their bodykits
  • realistic physics based on real data
  • fully working lights outside + inside
  • rain tires + physics
  • windshield wipers

CSP 1.77 is needed for the custom inputs of some emissives

Together both cars are probably the white beauty and the black beast 😄

Thanks to all who helped and I hope you are looking forward to the underdogs of the GT3 sport.

Attached are 2 readmes for the skinners among you, there is EVERYTHING explained what to use and how.
Have fun with the cars

Max

Really great . the only problem is they act weird on the track when they're rivals

They look good on screenshots and they may look good in VR, but on flats (triples in my case) they are looking FAR from being nice: shadows, appearance, popping etc...
Totally agree. They are promising, but today, at least in triples, they still have a way to improve in appearance (some seem too cartoonish) and performance... although we must bear in mind that this thing about the trees has just begun... 😅

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back