Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,093 comments
Looking for KS Imola track folder, mine is all ****ed after all those "mods" and no backup 🫠

hi, wanted to quickly upload a copy of Imola for MasterrFocus, but then I discovered I don't have it either anymore!
Breathe's list says Kunos version is folder name "imola" (so not ks_imola as I expected it would be named),
for me that is a 2023 version by Fenryr here (patreon but free to download) .
I guess I must have hit "clean install" when I installed it and in doing so instead of adding his layout I erased the Kunos one completely and am left only with the (working mind you ) 2023 version of Fenryr.

So if anyone here still has the original Kunos Imola layout, please put a copy of your imola track dir up on easyupload (or some other temp solution).
Thx!!
Imola

And Imola 2023 version by Fenryr is a track layout extension for Imola by KS

Last edited:
Imola

And Imola 2023 version by Fenryr is a track layout extension for Imola by KS
Thanks!

that bit about not having a backup did put me to think...
I also do not keep a backup of my AC content folder ( which is already 2+ TB )

Maybe I should get me a 3 or 4 TB extra drive for Black Friday... and start keeping a backup...

Seoul ePrix v1.0

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_seoul_eprix_24-10-123-19-42-52.jpg

Seoul Street Circuit is a 2.618 km (1.627 mi) street circuit laid out on the city streets of Seoul, South Korea. (Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member Leo_J.

hi, wanted to quickly upload a copy of Imola for MasterrFocus, but then I discovered I don't have it either anymore!
Breathe's list says Kunos version is folder name "imola" (so not ks_imola as I expected it would be named),
for me that is a 2023 version by Fenryr here (patreon but free to download) .
I guess I must have hit "clean install" when I installed it and in doing so instead of adding his layout I erased the Kunos one completely and am left only with the (working mind you ) 2023 version of Fenryr.

So if anyone here still has the original Kunos Imola layout, please put a copy of your imola track dir up on easyupload (or some other temp solution).
Thx!!
There is no ks_imola folder. For whatever reason, Kunos left out the ks part of the track folder names on Monza, Spa and Imola. If you need a copy of the original Imola and can wait, I can get you a copy later tomorrow when I return home from a holiday. I keep a copy of the original AC game un-modded on a spare hard drive just for such occasions.

Last edited:
There is no ks_imola folder. For whatever reason, Kunos left out the ks part of the track folder names on Monza, Spa and Imola. If you need a copy of the original Imola and can wait, I can get you a copy later tomorrow when I return home from a holiday. I keep a copy of the original AC game un-modded on a spare hard drive just for such occasions.
thanks Joe, but Breathe already provided a copy ... so no need anymore!

ps: I ordered me an extra 4TB NAS disk so I'll be able to store AC content folder on my NAS as well... :) Thx @SthrnOldskool for the good reminder!

Hello! A great day everyone. I have already introduced myself before. 🤣

I would like to know why there is no DKW mod (Fissore, F102, Puma DKW, DKW Vemag Caiçara, DKW Vemag Belgar, DKW Vemag GT...)?

I would also like to know if there is any possibility of converting/creating the Sigma-P1 to AC?

Thank you for your attention.
If you didn't know, there is a DKW powered Formula Junior by F3 Classic Tracks,

Payware but I would highly recommend as I have spent hours of fun in this car and the last update added custom DKW 2 stroke 3 cylinder sounds.

Also would recommend this excellent skin pack to complete an already great mod;

__custom_showroom_1659675173.jpg

But I would agree would be awesome for more DKW's like the GT cars and I would love a Melkus RS1000 for some more 2 stroke fun!

Last edited:
ChemFlummi's been working on one for a while. Hopefully he'll release it soon, would be good timing. So if RSS doesn't make one at least there's that.
Yep, I'm well aware just saying it would be cool to have a C6.R with RSS quality, you know? And since we are on the subject, I've talked to him about the car a while ago and he's doing a great job with it, he already had some skins for the car. We've exchanged work on both of the C6Rs and safe to say his is better. It has the "Corvette" and "GMAC" window stickers and the light indicators on the sides that was missing from my version. I have a bit of a nit pick with his car, I like the wheels on mine better and the black mesh materials look more accurate too (IMO). Side by side comparisons. And don't worry he has a non restrictor plate version coming too.

__custom_showroom_1700834800.png__custom_showroom_1700834791.png

__custom_showroom_1700834870.png
My progress on the skins were going as planned, I wanted to go by chassis to chassis, skin by skin in order. I am on chassis 001, I've worked on the 2005 LM and ALMS skins and even new European on from GLPK. I wanted to transfer my skins to his car, but his has a completely different mapping then mine, therefore I kind of felt like I've wasted my time a little. Not sure where to go from here... He's already working on the skins on the cars so they're isn't a point to press forward with mine and or his car. My car has been sitting put, left and abandon for a long time, that's the status as of now.

__custom_showroom_1700834730.png __custom_showroom_1700834740.png

If you didn't know, there is a DKW powered Formula Junior by F3 Classic Tracks,

Payware but I would highly recommend as I have spent hours of fun in this car and the last update added custom DKW 2 stroke 3 cylinder sounds.

Also would recommend this excellent skin pack to complete an already great mod;

View attachment 1305966

But I would agree would be awesome for more DKW's like the GT cars and I would love a Melkus RS1000 for some more 2 stroke fun!
The guy is not asking for these DKWs. The ones he is talking about are the ones made in Brazil (VEMAG), licensed from the German manufacture (DKW).

Answering this question, I doubt anyone ever converted or did VEMAGs cars for AC.

P.S. I would love to see more FJs in AC. A Lotus 18-FJ would be beautiful in this game!

Last edited:
Camino Viejo De Montserrat - v1.33

bgr_00.jpg
bgr_02.jpg
bgr_00.jpg

20 layouts!
  • 3d spectators added
  • added cones to reverse pit exit on Camino layouts
  • shader / texture adjustments and enhancements
  • added missing portable lights to Camino Short layouts
  • ambient track sounds added
  • track reverb sounds added
  • performance and visual updates
  • billboard skin by @Masscot included (enabled by default)

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
Beautifull , but I had hoped the update would run better...
still it's using approx twice the gpu power compared to average other car... and so unusable to me
(not being able to keep steady fps in vr is a no-go)

Please put focus on this for a next update?
View attachment 1305833
:bowdown:
Good morning

How do I view this table?
I'll need to check out other mods in my collection...
Tks

Yep, I'm well aware just saying it would be cool to have a C6.R with RSS quality, you know? And since we are on the subject, I've talked to him about the car a while ago and he's doing a great job with it, he already had some skins for the car. We've exchanged work on both of the C6Rs and safe to say his is better. It has the "Corvette" and "GMAC" window stickers and the light indicators on the sides that was missing from my version. I have a bit of a nit pick with his car, I like the wheels on mine better and the black mesh materials look more accurate too (IMO). Side by side comparisons. And don't worry he has a non restrictor plate version coming too.

View attachment 1305972View attachment 1305974

View attachment 1305973
My progress on the skins were going as planned, I wanted to go by chassis to chassis, skin by skin in order. I am on chassis 001, I've worked on the 2005 LM and ALMS skins and even new European on from GLPK. I wanted to transfer my skins to his car, but his has a completely different mapping then mine, therefore I kind of felt like I've wasted my time a little. Not sure where to go from here... He's already working on the skins on the cars so they're isn't a point to press forward with mine and or his car. My car has been sitting put, left and abandon for a long time, that's the status as of now.

View attachment 1305975 View attachment 1305976
if you need help with this i can help (not skinning since i'm dogwater but with the cars and who is who etc.)

I like "New car, track categories and flags for Content Manager" by Sliderman and "Origin Icons" by Fanapryde

and I decided to improve a little bit the track "Mods" list which I want to share.

You have to install
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...tegories-and-flags-for-content-manager.28714/

and

rename "Mods.json.txt" to "Mods.json"
copy "Mods.json" to "C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data (User)\Track Categories"

All credits go to Sliderman and Fanapryde

Attachments

• Mods.json.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 1700845529307.png
    1700845529307.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The guy is not asking for these DKWs. The ones he is talking about are the ones made in Brazil (VEMAG), licensed from the German manufacture (DKW).

Answering this question, I doubt anyone ever converted or did VEMAGs cars for AC.

P.S. I would love to see more FJs in AC. A Lotus 18-FJ would be beautiful in this game!
Sergio also has released the Alba EV100 FJ here:

1700847864067.png

Some essential visual updates to the RSS Adonis have been released on RD, proper skins and branding etc, including this one for the cockpit textures.
Has anyone ever set up a sequential shifter correctly with two separate animations (pull back for upshifts, push forward for downshifts)? Can't ever remember seeing one. It'd add an nice extra layer to immersion in VR and first-person pancake.
It must be possible, as two separate left/right hand animations can be used for up/down paddleshifting.
@DaWallace maybe something to give you sleepless nights for the Ultima, Vertigo, Z4 and Mantis updates?

Has anyone ever set up a sequential shifter correctly with two separate animations (pull back for upshifts, push forward for downshifts)? Can't ever remember seeing one. It'd add an nice extra layer to immersion in VR and first-person pancake.
It must be possible, as two separate left/right hand animations can be used for up/down paddleshifting.
@DaWallace maybe something to give you sleepless nights for the Ultima, Vertigo, Z4 and Mantis updates?
just coming in to post new progress screenshots and reading this post...

baby GIF

Yeah.... maybe 😅 but this will go to the bottom of my list. first new animation will get the wiper.

Worked again a lot on the physics/tyres and materials/shader. i think i'm on the right way and close to next update. 🥰

Here is the updated Motec Display:
53353545171_2a399a20e4_k.jpg

53353871244_46495801d1_k.jpg

53353996030_6842c61b0a_k.jpg

I like "New car, track categories and flags for Content Manager" by Sliderman and "Origin Icons" by Fanapryde

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...tegories-and-flags-for-content-manager.28714/

and I decided to improve a little bit the track "Mods" list which I want to share.

You have to install

rename "Mods.json.txt" to "Mods.json"
copy "Mods.json" to "C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data (User)\Track Categories"

All credits go to Sliderman and Fanapryde
My God! 684 cars never driven!!!!! Great category! Thank you for that!

Some essential visual updates to the RSS Adonis have been released on RD, proper skins and branding etc, including this one for the cockpit textures.
The driving position is too low in the car for me. The way the dash is curved I can't see the track when turning right. Is there a way to raise the seat height?

The driving position is too low in the car for me. The way the dash is curved I can't see the track when turning right. Is there a way to raise the seat height?
I feel the same.
I always change seat position so that my real steering wheel covers the virtual one.
In this case it's nearly impossible to see enough of the road:

matching.png

Same place with my seat higher, but then the wheel rim is too low and the top covers the rev leds and gear indicator.
Upside: th road/corner/apex can be seen...:D

seat_up.png

Adaptive clip planes

Would someone mind explaining what this does? I have far plane set to 200000, 30000 and 15000 for vr. Is the first meant to be two hundred thousand or twenty thousand? I may have changed it at some point by accident

You mean apart from using the first-person camera app?
The default driver's eyes position is far too low but it's easily raised up. To be honest, there aren't many cars where I don't have to make this adjustment.
But as @Fanapryde says, a good driving position in this car means the revs and gear indicator is hidden by the steering wheel rim.

1700868288599.jpeg

Last edited:
The default driver's eyes position is far too low but it's easily raised up. To be honest, there aren't many cars where I don't have to make this adjustment.
But as @Fanapryde says, a good driving position in this car means the revs and gear indicator is hidden by the steering wheel rim.

View attachment 1306087
"
a good driving position in this car means the revs and gear indicator is hidden by the steering wheel rim
I have at least 48 other cars where this is the case ... would be cool if Ilya could introduce a feature in CSP where we could raise or lower the virtual steering wheel in game! ;)

RSS 1990 Championship
Request as some people struggling to find the Phoenix 91 track and RD wont allow me sometimes to direct link my GDrive
View attachment 1078321
Some tracks better than others but these were the ones around at the time. (Oct 2020)
1990 Tracks: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1duz8o5IZsYlBigSKu61Alc420FvvIsRe?usp=sharing
1990 RSS Skins and championship files : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GpIdxKm14_1msgLXzNZKfRnGKDoaLlwU?usp=sharing

Original Racedepartment link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1990-rss-v12-championship.36439/
This is one of the best mods I've ever played. Three full seasons done.

The only downside is the Phoenix track that looks good but the AI can do 1:32 at best while I can drive that track at 1:27. Mostly ai is doing around 1:35. It's awfully slow. I wish someone could fix that track.

I know there's a pay version of the Phoenix track but it requires you to become a paid member of the guy's Patreon, etc.

I have used the Detroit 1988 street circuit instead.

you know there are lot of people who love 60-70-80 f1 era, PeperroniAC is one of those, we work on Monza 62-73, and he found some incredibles datas and made very very good textures,

Maybe you could make folders like
Monza -1960's
-1970's
For differents locations, and it owuld be a good databse for some dudes like us who like to have the correct atmosphere of these age.
I have collected all tracks for my 1982 F1 championship season but I only have modern Zolder.

Has anyone done vintage 1980's ads / skins for that track?

Getting the 80's (or even 90's) looking skins for the modern track would be sufficient.

Zandvoort 1980's has never been done I guess. I had the vintage version 1967 / 1973 but on that version half of the cars will not leave the pits in qualifying and practice. Only a few cars get a decent time. Weird.

View attachment 1306087
Is that app a separate thing outside of CM?

I feel the same.
I always change seat position so that my real steering wheel covers the virtual one.
In this case it's nearly impossible to see enough of the road:

View attachment 1306068

Same place with my seat higher, but then the wheel rim is too low and the top covers the rev leds and gear indicator.
Upside: th road/corner/apex can be seen...:D

View attachment 1306069
Do you adjust the seat position while your sitting in the pits going out for practice?

View attachment 1306087
I have others visual aids in those cases

Attachments

• 20231124_195406.jpg
    20231124_195406.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 6
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back