Assetto Corsa Video Thread

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 6,702 comments
What difficulty level were you running on this event?

I've tried it on hard, but the 211's just disappear in to the distance!

I use medium difficulty. anything higher than and the lead car just runs away from the rest of the field.

Bit of information regarding PS4 Pro YouTube 1080p/60 fps video streaming and some real life time comparison.

Looks like 1080p/60 fps stream is limited to 3 - 6 Mbps which is not much for 60 fps.

I was doing Hot Lap Special Events, the one with McLaren P1 and Nordschleife and streamed this video.

Best quality is achieved with as much static picture as possible and it came out surprisingly good especially when static outside camera is used.

P1 is production car, with not much to setup on the car so I was running with low fuel, without fuel consumption, otherwise stock setup. Gold time is 6:53, when I was not overdriving the car I was doing 6:56 which was obviously not enough so I went full attack and did 6:48. But man it was crazy drive which you can't do in real life, but to my surprise P1 supposedly did 6:47 but there is no official confirmation so who knows.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/mc...orsches-nurburgring-lap-record-by-10-seconds/

no video, only this PR video that states bellow 7:00

My last online race. GT3 is what was available...

EDIT: I don't know what happened with the recording, that didn't give me the full 15 mins. Which is a shame, since the start of the race went well, and I managed to get from 5th to 2nd without any incidents.

Last edited:
Just for fun : pop a willys
physics by me ( do not expect simulation on this one :-) )

hqdefault.jpg

Good lap on a fantastic, old-style road course.
Lap record is forever held by an Aussie too, the late Leo Geoghegan.
Oh, you were familiar with Thomson Road Circuit? I had never even heard of the track until @fat-Alfie made it for Assetto Corsa. He's an amazing track builder...and he seems to have a knack for bringing older, forgotten race tracks to AC. Thomson Gran Prix Circuit is quickly becoming one of my favorite circuits in all of AC. The layout is so cool, in my opinion. It might not be great for newer race cars, I haven't tried any on it, but the older race cars and performance street legal cars...it's a blast!

I appreciate your videos - Posting videos on YouTube with commentary is good for the community, I believe. Well, as long as the person commentating isn't insane. :D

I need to ask you a question, however, since this is something I see time and time again in YouTube from various people. Le Mans is a great track. It's also a fantastic track to race on with large grids (lots of cars). Heck, our own @Lewis_Hamilton_ provided a great YouTube video showing himself on Le Mans with over fifty AI cars sharing the track. 50!!! Oh, and his video is just over 2 years old. Think of all the improvements that have occurred since then.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. :lol: My question is: Why create a grid with 30 cars (95% or more of them are GT class) on LeMans, but drive an LMP1 class Porsche 919 Hybrid? You went from 30th to 3rd approximately halfway through the first lap. I've watched several of your past videos. You're a good driver...so I know you're up for any challenge thrown your way. Doesn't it feel way too easy and unchallenging? :boggled:

Keep the videos coming. 👍 :cheers:

Oh, you were familiar with Thomson Road Circuit? I had never even heard of the track until @fat-Alfie made it for Assetto Corsa. He's an amazing track builder...and he seems to have a knack for bringing older, forgotten race tracks to AC. Thomson Gran Prix Circuit is quickly becoming one of my favorite circuits in all of AC. The layout is so cool, in my opinion. It might not be great for newer race cars, I haven't tried any on it, but the older race cars and performance street legal cars...it's a blast!
Only recently in fact. A magazine I buy, ran a story on it last year & I found some old footage on YouTube thanks to Google.
One of the best circuits in Asia ever.

I appreciate your videos - Posting videos on YouTube with commentary is good for the community, I believe. Well, as long as the person commentating isn't insane. :D

I need to ask you a question, however, since this is something I see time and time again in YouTube from various people. Le Mans is a great track. It's also a fantastic track to race on with large grids (lots of cars). Heck, our own @Lewis_Hamilton_ provided a great YouTube video showing himself on Le Mans with over fifty AI cars sharing the track. 50!!! Oh, and his video is just over 2 years old. Think of all the improvements that have occurred since then.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. :lol: My question is: Why create a grid with 30 cars (95% or more of them are GT class) on LeMans, but drive an LMP1 class Porsche 919 Hybrid? You went from 30th to 3rd approximately halfway through the first lap. I've watched several of your past videos. You're a good driver...so I know you're up for any challenge thrown your way. Doesn't it feel way too easy and unchallenging? :boggled:

Keep the videos coming. 👍 :cheers:
There were other LMP1s on the track. This video was made more with the purpose of showing the track with the limited time I had.
It didn't come out as I wanted.

Special Event "I know you missed me".
Very nice Race against the AI, especially the battle for the lead in the last lap.

Back