Assetto Corsa Video Thread

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 6,609 comments
And here, the 4th and final of my video-runs in the new track. Highlands Long with the Maserati 250F 6 Cylinders. Grip Fast 99%.
The run this time includes some errors, but considering I also ran the outer lap forcing me to 2 full laps without hitting the walls, after 1 hour yesterday to heat up and more than 1 today to set the time, I had enough of this. Few imperfections and an easy visible error in last part. Still good attempt after all, considering the difficulty of the car.

Hope you enjoy.

And here, the 4th and final of my video-runs in the new track. Highlands Long with the Maserati 250F 6 Cylinders. Grip Fast 99%.
The run this time includes some errors, but considering I also ran the outer lap forcing me to 2 full laps without hitting the walls, after 1 hour yesterday to heat up and more than 1 today to set the time, I had enough of this. Few imperfections and an easy visible error in last part. Still good attempt after all, considering the difficulty of the car.

Hope you enjoy.

That's not a bad lap at all. Almost the perfect type of circuit for that car. Very 1950's 👍

Yeah, there's a huge difference. Newer cars sound awesome. When I first bought the game, one of the first cars I tried was the Lotus Exige 240, and it sounds nothing like the real thing. The engine note is so generic and flat it would fit right in in GT6. But the last car I tried, the Ferrari SF15T, sounds spot on. Those F1 hybrid engines produce some very interesting noises, with many different layers to the sound, and the SF15T in AC sounds dead perfect. 1:1 with the real thing. Right down to the loud turbine drowning out the engine when decelerating to low speeds, and the harsh mis-fire like sound the engine produces at part-throttle (I think it's a cylinder de-activation trick some teams used to make the engines more driveable at low rpm/part throttle).
The early Lotus models with the exception of the F1 cars do not sound good in cockpit view. The exterior sounds ae decent though, really wish we mix the sound balance between exterior and interior.

The early Lotus models with the exception of the F1 cars do not sound good in cockpit view. The exterior sounds ae decent though, really wish we mix the sound balance between exterior and interior.

I can't speak about most of them, but the Elises and Exiges with the 2ZZ engine sound absolutely nothing like the real thing. No matter what view. They also don't behave like the real engine at all. Kunos' quality has improved dramatically since then.

I wasn't planning on showing this -- was more of an experiment on my end. I uploaded the raw footage from my replay & Fraps capture. It's too bad there isn't a nice passenger camera for this vehicle, the Veloce GTS-8. She has a nice sound, don't you think? 👍

Excuse the sloppy driving, I forgot my way around this map is very big and there are intersections and connecting roads and a village, so it's easy to get lost. :lol:

Oh man...You just gave me a fabulous idea @Thomas2012 - we're going to need to create a new track, or a much easier solution, use an existing track but replace the entire surface of the actual track - Group C Racing entirely on Cobblestone! :lol: :D

We'll need to use a teeny bit more displacement than Kunos used on Highlands to really get that Cobblestone feel just right. The surface friction could probably stay the same as Kunos's Cobblestone. How wild would that be? Oh, and I'm talking about keeping the streets nice and narrow, of course. :mischievous:

Ferrari F138 at Mugello. Really fun car, and mega fast in the corners, but the downforce is very peaky, so the car is quite twitchy at speed. I actually find the SF15T to be more smooth and stable in high speed corners.

Maserati 250F V12 at Monza. Wow, this car is an absolute beast of a thing. The tyres have no grip, the brakes barely work, and when they do, they lock up, and the steering is so vague it feels like a worn out old Lada. But somehow it's ridiculously fun just trying to man-handle this thing around a circuit. There's something satisfying about sliding a 60 year old car around at over 200kph. Excuse my sloppy driving, I didn't do anywhere near enough laps to really get to grips with this ungainly beast. I'd prob be half fast if I did about 100 practice laps lol.

Last edited:
Oh man...You just gave me a fabulous idea @Thomas2012 - we're going to need to create a new track, or a much easier solution, use an existing track but replace the entire surface of the actual track - Group C Racing entirely on Cobblestone! :lol: :D

We'll need to use a teeny bit more displacement than Kunos used on Highlands to really get that Cobblestone feel just right. The surface friction could probably stay the same as Kunos's Cobblestone. How wild would that be? Oh, and I'm talking about keeping the streets nice and narrow, of course. :mischievous:

I love the sound of this! I'm really loving this track and I would of use it for a leaderboard circuit if it was bit more friendly on the cobble. If there's any beginning on this idea update me! 👍

A winning community hotlap attack with 911 Carrera S. First I hated it. Now I love it almost as much as the 911 R.
Driven with white line rule in mind.
Enjoy!

Back