Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo – Unveiled 27/06/14.

  • Thread starter Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 396 comments
  • 44,909 views
Regards of 70's Bulldog, thats the car Aston Martin is based on. In fact, the 70's car is codenamed DP-K9, in reference to Doctor Who for its Radical Design. And now, with its Codename DP-100, is referenced to the 100th anniversary of Aston Martin.

If you wondered how fast this thing goes, then for reference we look back again to the '70s. As quote by Motor authority article:
Standing only 43 inches tall (just a little bit taller than
the Ford GT40), the Bulldog packed a 325bhp 5.3L V8
sourced from the Lagonda with a pair of Garrett
AirResearch turbochargers bolted on. The end result
was a peak output of 700bhp and an estimated top
speed of 237mph. Sadly the Bulldog was only ever
given one official test run where it achieved a top
speed of 191mph.

Images:
250px-1979_Aston_Martin_Bulldog.jpg

At 2009 Goodwood.
bulldog7-02d54fc9-3082-4d24-9506-2c1581109289-jpg_100225793_m.jpg

bulldog1-e9cecedc-233d-47dc-b1af-4599cfde32b7-jpg_100204513_m.jpg

bulldog3-ff49e81f-27d2-4b4a-8921-bc6f830e6ff9-jpg_100224821_m.jpg

bulldog2-fc47fad9-8d1f-48e3-b474-bfaf07171506-jpg_100203813_m.jpg

bulldog-interior2-701fb020-8a3e-417b-83fc-600699f50a7a-jpg_100225700_m.jpg

Links: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_Bulldog
www.motorauthority.com/news/1026809_blast-from-the-past-aston-martin-bulldog

(See. History always thought me something)
 
That Aston Martin Bulldog is the ugliest sandwich I've ever seen.

Not even chipotle mayo and provolone cheese can save that. :yuck:
Still better than this car:
1280px-Ferrari_Modulo_front-right_Museo_Ferrari.jpg


Thats, unbelievably, is the Ferrari 512S Modulo.

I hope is sounds like this.



Ok i'll stop dreaming.


Nah. Probably will sounded like One-77, I think.
 
Still better than this car:
1280px-Ferrari_Modulo_front-right_Museo_Ferrari.jpg


Thats, unbelievably, is the Ferrari 512S Modulo.



Nah. Probably will sounded like One-77, I think.
Oi! I've always liked the styling of the 512S Modulo...
It's a real shame car doesn't turn.
 
I honestly can't wait for this, I absolutely adore Aston Martin!
 
I did not expect yet another VGT so fast. Hope this has a cockpit also, but I doubt.
Pffft, of course it's going to have a interior. NOT. :sly: I doubt too, but I already know it's not going to have interior, because not open top. ;)
 
To be honest, it looks more in the shape of the Zagato sketch than the Aston Martin one
 
Pffft, of course it's going to have a interior. NOT. :sly: I doubt too, but I already know it's not going to have interior, because not open top. ;)

One can dream.:D Even so free new car is free, also it looks beast.
 
1280px-Ferrari_Modulo_front-right_Museo_Ferrari.jpg


Thats, unbelievably, is the Ferrari 512S Modulo.
I still would.

On the subject of Goodwood, is there any such thing as a 'live stream' for it?
 
Right, Aston's VGT is the best looking one so far!! :drool:
I'd say it's a close runner-up to the BMW, but either way, it does look good :sly:


Now that we've seen a modelled engine bay (which is a prominent feature of a PREMIUM MR car), my guess is that this beaut will have an interior as well!

AND OH MY GOD JUST LOOK AT THOSE ENGINE BAY CLOSE-UP SHOTS!:drool::drool::drool:
 
whoah! After seeing the first picture I was afraid that they changed the design, but after seeing the new video... they kept the original design and wow, it looks amazing! D:
 
It's possible it might have an interior....

Marek Reichman – Director of Design, Aston Martin.Miles Nurnberger – Chief Exterior Designer .Matt Hill – Chief Interior Designer .Steve Platt – Interior Designer .Steve Buckle – Clay Sculptor .Libby Rooke – Colour and Trim manager .Nick Mynott – Digital surface manager .Alan Bertenshaw – Digital surfacing .Richard Thompson – Design Visualisation .Leon Comben – Digital Surfacing .Dan Mills – Digital Surfacing .Becky Rice – Licencing executive.

Those are the credits for the DP-100 and an interior designer is listed.
 
Umm. Wow. That's certainly a different side of Aston. Not really feeling this VGT. The VW was awesome, as was the Mitsu and BMW. This and the Merc just don't seem right for some reason. But I don't want to be too quick to judge just on looks, so I'll wait until it releases for that.
 
I am having improper thoughts... again.

I cannot wait to see and hear this V12 monster. It looks like a next generation Aston Martin hyperspace car.

Also, just because it has an interior designed there is no guarantee we will get it. Mercedes-Benz did it for it's VGT and there are images of an interior of the BMW in the VGT section of GT6.
 
I don't know why, but the front end kinda reminds me of...

Raggio.jpg


Not that it is a bad thing, mind you.
 
First off: Holy crap, PD dun went lightspeed on us.

As for this car, its an interesting one. I expect this will be both somewhat of a departure from their designs but at the same time will retain some elements.
 
.
 
That video's been already posted.
 
I'd say it's a close runner-up to the BMW, but either way, it does look good :sly:


Now that we've seen a modelled engine bay (which is a prominent feature of a PREMIUM MR car), my guess is that this beaut will have an interior as well!

AND OH MY GOD JUST LOOK AT THOSE ENGINE BAY CLOSE-UP SHOTS!:drool::drool::drool:
I actually pay more attention at the suspension. If its moves like the X-Bow, than I will drive it all day long (even without interior).

I will call it Bulldog 35 Anniversary Edition.
 
Back