Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo – Unveiled 27/06/14.

  • Thread starter Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 396 comments
  • 44,911 views
It has big Saturn wheels.
CC-42-112-800.jpg
 
I actually pay more attention at the suspension. If its moves like the X-Bow, than I will drive it all day long (even without interior).

I will call it Bulldog 35 Anniversary Edition.
I still can't get over that.
 
This is the automotive equivalent of a fancy watch: from afar, it is a little thing on your wrist with arms and numbers, but up close...
538125d1318984386-best-most-detailed-finish-watch-movement-invention2-dial-detail.jpg
Holy tourbillons!
 
This is the automotive equivalent of a fancy watch: from afar, it is a little thing on your wrist with arms and numbers, but up close...
538125d1318984386-best-most-detailed-finish-watch-movement-invention2-dial-detail.jpg
That thing has four tourbillons. Four. Greubel Forsey has been known to make insane watches like this.
 
I got a pic! Its of the front of the DP-100
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 2.07.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 2.07.34 PM.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 18
When is this car being released? Tomorrow?
July apparently. So far there hasn't been anymore scheduled updates for June after 1.09.
 
This isn't the first time Aston Martin has made a DP car, below is the DP215, the last in a series of three Le Mans cars used from 1962-1964. Surprised nobody mentioned it yet
edit:

bugger, I've been writing this, (and rewriting it, and deleting bits, and having a drink) for an hour! And now I'm tree'd. :(

1024px-Aston_Martin_DP215_frontt.JPG

This VGT will most likely be a modern reinterpretation of this car (or at least an idea of what a hypothetical future Aston Martin at Le Mans would look like) And I'm pretty sure it will be classified as a racing car, like every other VGT so far besides the first Mercedes. I was expecting a huge, slick, V12 cruise missile but it seems, unexpectedly, that Aston Martin has other plans.

Then again, there's never been an ugly Aston Martin (no such thing as a Cygnet lalalalala) so I'm still excited for this one. I'm really digging the transparent engine cover.

Nice looking car. If they made cars to look like this today, we would all need neck braces.
 
This new Aston is gonna be awesome! Hoping it'll be a modern day Bulldog
 
That looks absolutely stunning. It is full of purpose and yet retains a sophistication that Aston Martin is renowned for.

Beautiful.
 
If anyone was wondering, it looks like it has no interior; zoom in on the pic of it at turn 1 of Goodwood.
 
I hope that we can reproduce the Gulf livery !
 

It's beautiful.

I assume the first 2 photos are generated by Aston Martin as certainly the first one has an interior. The third photo above is GT6 as there doesn't appear to be an interior. Real shame from a useability point of view as I drive in cockpit view.

Here's a shot from Suzuka

Aston-Martin-DP-100-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-front-end-in-motion-03.jpg
 
Last edited:
That looks good. Really good actually, I'll have mine in all black. I want to hear the specs, mid engined rear wheel drive or mid engined all wheel drive, we know it a v12, but is it hybrid?
 
My expectations were right. This is simply beautifull.
 
Nice!!! Except for the rear end, which seems weird, the rest looks fantastic! It looks like a flattened Bugatti Veyron and the front lights look similar to the Nissan R390.
 
Just wow
 

Attachments

  • Aston-Martin-DP-100-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-top-view-in-motion.jpg
    Aston-Martin-DP-100-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-top-view-in-motion.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Aston-Martin-DP-100-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-front-end-in-motion.jpg
    Aston-Martin-DP-100-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-front-end-in-motion.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 17
Back