August update Predictions

• Thread starter alex511
  • 420 comments
New cars
  • Dior Tomaso Mangusta, this car really only serves as a reminder that the Mangusta is already in the game.
  • Dior VGT, it unironically ends up one of the best cars in the game, but no one will ever admit it.
  • Super Formula Dior, comes with a Nissan engine so you can't moan that it's a reskin (it totally is though).
New content
  • Dior Helmet, becomes popular among livery designers as the visor looks pretty cool.
  • Dior Racing Suit, there as a technicality, no one will ever use it.
  • Dior Scapes, literally just the interiors of various Dior stores.
  • Dior Decals, of which there will many.
New events
  • A menu book based around the new Dior cars. The rewards for coming at least 3rd in all three events will be a Dior roulette ticket, which gives you a real life discount code to use at the Dior website.

New cars
  • Dior Tomaso Mangusta, this car really only serves as a reminder that the Mangusta is already in the game.
  • Dior VGT, it unironically ends up one of the best cars in the game, but no one will ever admit it.
  • Super Formula Dior, comes with a Nissan engine so you can't moan that it's a reskin (it totally is though).
New content
  • Dior Helmet, becomes popular among livery designers as the visor looks pretty cool.
  • Dior Racing Suit, there as a technicality, no one will ever use it.
  • Dior Scapes, literally just the interiors of various Dior stores.
  • Dior Decals, of which there will many.
New events
  • A menu book based around the new Dior cars. The rewards for coming at least 3rd in all three events will be a Dior roulette ticket, which gives you a real life discount code to use at the Dior website.
Don't forget:

New Music Rally featuring Dior by Pop Smoke

my prediction is this
6ede79c2c7a1fbc5f2059e8298ec6e4959cf22b3.jpeg

Last edited:
It's pretty amazing to me that Music Rally has seemingly become an afterthought, so I'd like to see more of those added.

New Circuit: Grand Valley Speedway

New Cars:
Lexus LFA
Porsche 904 Carrera
(Either) Chevy Chevelle SS or Pontiac GTO Judge

New Menus:
Classic GT Series (GTs on the 1960s and 1970s @ Brands Hatch/Watkins Glen/Grand Valley)
1-Hour Endurance Championship (w/ Gr.B: Fisherman's Ranch, Gr.4: Bathurst and Gr.1: Monza)
(No Gr.3 since they already have an event with Spa).

2 Extra Menus

In September, we get the other of the Chevelle/GTO and an American Muscle Menu

If it's anything with the pattern of the previous update, I'll give my take on it:

Cars:
  • Bugatti Chiron '16
  • Bugatti Type 37 A Grand Prix '28
  • De Tomaso Mangusta Dior Edition '69
  • Honda NSX GT500 '00
Tracks:

Road Atlanta
  • Full Circuit
  • Club Circuit
Quality of life updates:

Arcade Modes and Custom Races:

1. Players now have the ability to rent cars in "Arcade Race", "Time Trial", "Drift Trial", "Custom Race" and "2 Player Battle". All the cars in the game are available as rental cars in these game modes, and any future cars added in future updates will immediately be available to rent.

The option of using rental cars come with limitations, such as:
  • Credits and Driving Marathon progress will not be earned driving a rental car. To earn rewards, players should use cars from their Garage.
  • Only car-specific factory colors and livery variations can be used. Rental cars cannot be customized in any way.
  • Tuning of these cars will be based on the car's default set-up with no upgrades, with whatever parameters are permitted. All tires are freely available to use, however.
2. It is now possible for players to change their own car in Custom Races.

3. "Select from Garage" in the "Rivals Selection" tab in Custom Race has been renamed to "Select Individual Cars". Furthermore, another feature has been added when proceeding to change an AI opponent's car, split into two different selections: "Change Car (Garage)" and "Change Car (Rental)".

Economy:

1. It is now possible to sell cars for 50% of their original resale value. However, players can only sell a car if it is a duplicate, and they cannot sell their only example of an individual car.

2. The payouts for events have increased even further, picking up from version 1.11, where the first half of all World Circuits events will be increased by 100%, and the latter half, by 500% compared to what was previously offered.

3. Credits payouts from Arcade and Custom Races have been increased by five times their usual amount. However, they can only be earned driving cars from a player's Garage, and will not be earned when driving a rental car.

4. Roulette tickets are less likely to be rigged to give the least impressive prizes, and now have a more unpredictable outcome. Furthermore, it is possible to skip directly to the reward by pressing X while the pointer is spinning.

Car Collecting:

1. The garage limit has increased from 1,000 cars to an almost unlimited number of cars.

2. Brand invitations Brand Central have been removed altogether, allowing players to purchase any car freely. As a result, they are no longer offered as rewards in roulette tickets.

3. In Used Cars and Legend Cars, there is now a timer on every car that determines how long a car will be up for sale.

Tuning/Customization:

1. Tuning parts previously exclusive to roulette tickets are now available under the Extreme category, costing Cr. 50,000 each, such as:

• Bore Up-S
  • Carbon Propellor Shaft
  • High Lift Camshaft-S
  • Stroke Up-S
  • Titanium Connecting Rods & Pistons
  • Ultra-High RPM Turbocharger
  • Weight Reduction Stage 5
NOTE: Not all parts are available for certain cars.

2. A new tab has been added to the Tuning Parts Shop, "Engine Swap", where players can purchase a variety of engines. Not all engines are available for certain cars.

3. In GT Auto, a new option has been added to the Livery Editor: "Original Colors/Liveries", which can allow players to switch between a car's specific factory colors and livery variations for free.

Online Lobbies:

1. Online stability and connectivity of lobbies have been improved.

Other:

1. Dior-related racing gear has been added as customization items for the player's avatar.

New menus, race events and Scapes will be added to reflect the new content added in this update, alongside various bug fixes and numerous issues being addressed.

Last edited:
Late August

Cars :

Bugatti Chiron 16
BMW M2
206 t16 Loeb

Track:

Road America or Motegi

Early August

Seasonal events
More mission races
Sell cars

And we get two updates this month

3 or 4 cars (dior mangusta, jaguar xj220, honda nsx 00, alfa romeo giulia gta 20 or something vgt)
new track (grand valley or road atlanta)
new feature (something about engine swaps and special parts)
New cafe menu (gt500 cars, gt500 races, gr.2 races)

My bet:
  • 5 cars (6 counting Dior collab)
  • Track: Apricot Hill, teased before the release of the game so would make sense
  • New League structure under the World Circuits menu where you can see the events completed so far

Hmm french designer on an Italian car. Maybe we get a French race circuit. Magny Cours or Paul Ricard. Though, Paul Ricard may be too long for the GR Yaris, it’d be good slipstreaming on the straight. How about Imola for an Italian circuit? GR Yaris should go good there.

Everyone saying Honda NSX 00' :lol:

Thay NSX will be released together with Motegi in the same update, so since everyone is predicting this car, I say we will get Motegi this month and Apricot Hill in October!

To be honest, I'd be OK with NO cars being in the August update. I would, however, love to see 3 new tracks. Not variations on tracks we have, now, but 3 new ones (new in the sense that they aren't in this version of the game). And those 3 tracks are:

Grand Valley Speedway (w/East section)
Autumn Ring (w/Mini)
Midfield Raceway or Red Rock Valley Speedway

And then in the final update of the year (December), I'd love to see (again, no cars, just tracks):

SS Route 5 (w/Clubman)
SS Route 11 (the ORIGINAL, with the original Chicane of Death.....not that abomination from GT3)
Apricot Hill Raceway

Last edited:
If PD keeps updating GT7 drip, three cars and one circuit every three months, in two years (the likely lifespan of GT7) we will only have 80 cars and 8 circuits more, making a probable estimate. Considering that the GT7 has 30 circuits, dispensing with the dirt circuits, finishing this game with just eight more circuits is very little. Especially when we have a judgmental eye on Slitghy Mad (Project Cars), Turn 10 (Forza) Kunos (Assetto) and Milestone (Ride) games, games that feature over 40 real circuits since launch.

Last edited:
I predict that this even though I expect to be dissapointed, PD will find a way to disappoint more than I expect.

They'll continue ignoring their customers and continue the trend of adding a handful of cars and small amounts of "offline" content.
Surely they have pushed out adding the ability to sell cars out far enough now? Maybe they'll add this but it doesn't seem likely.

At this rate - early adopters will get bored of this game (if they haven't already) extremely quickly and this game will never feel like it has enough content to justify calling this game GT"7" but consumers that pick this up roughly 2 years after release might think its a great game.

They'll introduce a few QOL improvements that should really have been their on release and the PD super fans will be grateful, defending any negative comments about this

Last edited:
I am hopeful the Lexus LFA is coming in the August update, it was somewhat teased by being one of the background cars and very easy to spot as well.
Other than that I think a real track will come, as the final track for the Toyota GR cup is still missing and every other of the 6 rounds so far has been on a real one as well so it might be Toyotas choice to have all rounds on non-fictional tracks. Road Atlanta maybe?

I predict that this even though I expect to be dissapointed, PD will find a way to disappoint more than I expect.

They'll continue ignoring their customers and continue the trend of adding a handful of cars and small amounts of offline content.
Surely they have pushed out adding the ability to sell cars out far enough now? Maybe they'll add this but it doesn't seem likely.

At this rate - early adopters will get bored of this game (if they haven't already) extremely quickly and this game will never feel like it has enough content to justify calling this game GT"7" but consumers that pick this up roughly 2 years after release might think its a great game.

They'll introduce a few QOL improvements that should really have been their on release and the PD super fans will be grateful, defending any negative comments about this
Strange, you describe the exact experience I have with these prediction threads: I expect to be disappointed, and am disappointed more.

Back