Aussie Tuners...Shiny new Garage, Shiny new Management

• Thread starter Renoff
  • 581 comments
Never said an RX-8 is slow, just said it wasn't a fair fight with the power:weight difference.

And I didn't see your post until AFTER I posted mine.

Still it's FF, and despite weight differences bigger power always equals bigger top end. The RX-8 will just keep pulling when the Tigra hits a wall. Also just drove the Tigra at Motegi Road Course. I actually think it feels just as good if not better on this course when driven right. I achieved a very rough lap time of 2'12.5xx and could probably go a bit faster.

Not bigger power. Bigger twist. Or more gearing. Which the RX-8 has due to the elevated RPM of the RENESIS compared to a regular reciprocal.

The Nissan is undeniably quicker, posting in MY HANDS a 2:11.278 at GVS on S2s with downforce and a rudimentary suspension tune compared to the 2:15.xxx of the Tigra.

4mph faster down the main straight, which tells me that the Tigra is going to be a torqueless, worthless pile until the end of its days no matter how you tune it. (But using the bleedin' 52,500 dollar cheaper stage 2 turbo would have been nice, you evil... *mumbles about being down to below .5 mil thanks to the bleeeding tigra)

Not bigger power. Bigger twist. Or more gearing. Which the RX-8 has due to the elevated RPM of the RENESIS compared to a regular reciprocal.

The Nissan is undeniably quicker, posting in MY HANDS a 2:11.278 at GVS on S2s with downforce and a rudimentary suspension tune compared to the 2:15.xxx of the Tigra.

4mph faster down the main straight, which tells me that the Tigra is going to be a torqueless, worthless pile until the end of its days no matter how you tune it. (But using the bleedin' 52,500 dollar cheaper stage 2 turbo would have been nice, you evil... *mumbles about being down to below .5 mil thanks to the bleeeding tigra)

Money should never get in the way of greatness. This is a display of FF handling abilities, and this has plenty of it. Funny how people think that a slow car like an Elise is fun and cool but a relatively similar speeded Tigra, noooo. Anyway, I have one FF yet to be released- and dimplz's FFs and possibly one or 2 from CLS.

The reason the Elise is cool is not it's quickness or lack thereof; it's the fact that it's a born toy.

When you have to spend immense amounts of cash to make something good, it's not worth it IMO.

I have another big car waiting to be released. Unfortunately, MFT already did one, but theirs isn't on sports tires.

Hey, awesome setups going here, I must say :)

Do you guys want/need any setups/reviews from some kid in Adelaide? (Well, I'm 17 but still...I can drive pretty well, in my opinion)

I'm okay at grip setups, but I've got many, many drift cars, some quite unusual ones too. And I've just started getting interested in max speed tuning as well ;)

Interested?

Definitely, we're always open for new customers :dopey: And an Aussie no less, good work :sly: You can test any car you feel like, if you're good at drifting/like drifting a review of some of them would be great- especially the Walkinshaw drift car. I think that one was in need of attention. Otherwise any car you want. I thank you in advance for any reviews 👍 :bowdown:

Well, after my Monaro drifter attempt, I was keen to see what others had done with the other Holden in the game. I was at first really confused, why wouldn't it drift? Even a basic power oversteer was difficult, until I switched to N2 tyres instead of S2 tyres. Then things got much more fun :) After going to Apricot Hill, Midfield, Trail Mountain, Suzuka, then Apricot Hill and Midfield again, I have enjoyed this car thoroughly. The only modification I had to make was changing the stabilisers from 4/5 to 4/4, really. For those who like an even more tail-happy car, a couple of extra degrees of camber and increase of Spring stiffness and toe out in the rear may be enjoyed :)

The car gets sideways easily enough using weight transfer and downshifting, while handbraking is not necessary but I used it half the time anyway, just to initiate the drift, or keep a long sweeper going. An odd tendency I noticed was that there is a bit of understeer, not in the usual sense, but when entering a corner I had to start the turn much earlier than usual. This took some getting used to, but is very fun when achieved :D Also, it can be a bit sensitive to gear changes mid-drift if the driver isn't careful to anticipate the extra rotation this can induce.

This car helped me develop my skills in GT4 drifting, and is quite a fun and awesome drift car :D I have a few replays saved, so I'll be spending a few hours getting some nice shots out of those, for sure :sly:

Overall, a very solid (quite literally) drift car
4 out of 5 👍
Welll done AT! And thank you! :)

Glad you liked it AyJay, and thanks for the review 👍
The rules are if you do a review you can request a car to be tuned by us if you so wish. Anything you'd like tuned?

PS- You don't have to get a car from us, it's only if there's something you're after.

I want to get back to this Tigra fight where Holdenboy and RJ are dueling sequin's at 10 paces. :P

Holdenboy
Driving it wrong are you? I have never seen a car that gets sub 2'10 lap times with just 212hp.
Go to VTC, go check my Celica GT-TWO.....209hp, 2.07 lap times. :P
Want it with FF, I can go get the Golf GTi Mk1 out that I was going to enter in 73-80 but didn't. That has around the 215hp mark and my best was a 2.08 with that puppy.

Because of its low power it is a little slow, but I think the handling is just spot on. By the way, if you are seriously worried about cash in this game then I laugh at you. Money takes all of 15mins to get over 800 000Cr. I tell you what, I'll go and test some cars with the same power levels but RWD or AWD and see if I can come close to matching it.
True, but RJ should know there's a little magic button that makes everything alright and stops you blowing 800,000cr in 1 go.........it's called the reset button. :sly: Press that instead of swapping cars and activating the autosave.

I just drove an FF Alfa with more power and is more than 10sec slower Besides it was your choice to drive that car, you could have picked one of our race cars if you were after speed and speed only.
Ummm, WHICH FF Alfa?? I'll tell you now, the 147GTA is the one you should go for. The 156 V6 2.5L, although more powerful isn't setup right. The boost from the turbo comes on too late (around 4000rpm), there's not enough powerband for the car (4000-7000rpm, not enough), the 460hp+ disintegrates even R5's and the car is the slowest of anything over 300hp on the 1/4 mile!! Even top end, I'm more confident with an ITR w/S5 turbo than I am with this hunk of crud.

I'm not arguing, was stating facts. :) Personally, the Tigra is okay, but I've owned a Barina/Corsa in real life so I know they have VERY similar traits when it comes to driving but 1 thing is true to life, at low speeds they turn more than you want it too, I remember having a few 40km/h spins on the road in my one due to the fact on sharp as corners the rear end on them decides to drift out due to the very quick turn-in on those cars. You can't jerk them around. :)

As for the Alfa debate here, Vince's GT isn't that bad of a car and the times are on par for a decent FF of that size. For anyone else, just use similar mods and tune as you would for the 147GTA and you shouldn't have too many problems at all, regardless of who you are.

well, since this tigra is starting a whole massive controversy on good and bad, i will test it myself to see who is right in my opinion

Glad you liked it AyJay, and thanks for the review 👍
The rules are if you do a review you can request a car to be tuned by us if you so wish. Anything you'd like tuned?

PS- You don't have to get a car from us, it's only if there's something you're after.

No Worries :)
:cheers:
A tune request? Oooh, that's a tough decision....
Either an Evo IV track car (with racing tyres, probably just Mediums), or a... :boggled: Hmm, that's a tough one, ill get back to you on that! Thanks in advance! :bowdown:

Hey Renoff, did GT4 come a calling to you? :sly: Remember when you drive the Tigra it's an FF :scared: Otherwise, it sounds like Maf's FWD Celica from the VTC was a decent drive. It got faster lap times than the Tigra with similar power. Good to have you back......again, anyway. :)

AT Pontiac Sunfire GXP '02
(309hp) (415Nm) (1068kg)

IMG0033.jpg

Parts to buy:

RC Exhaust
RC Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polish Heads
Engine Balancing
RC Computer Chip
FC Suspension
FC Gearbox
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase
Rear Wing
Rims (optional)
Oil Change

Settings:

Brake Balance: 4/20

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 9.0/7.0
Ride Height: 86/86
Damper (Bound): 4/4
Damper (Rebound): 8/8
Camber: 1.8/1.2
Toe: 0/-2
Stabiliser: 1/4

Gear Ratios: First reset default, then set the auto setting, and only then set each individual gear ratio.
Autoset: 11
1st: 2.316
2nd: 1.620
3rd: 1.265
4th: 1.030
5th: 0.861
6th: 0.737
Final: 3.700

LSD:
Intial: 15
Acceleration: 50
Deceleration: 5

Downforce: 30/25

Weight Control:
Ballast Weight: 0
Front/Rear Balance: 50

All driving aids at 0

Lap Record at GVS: 2.05.649

Description: Here we have a beautifully turned out car. The speed is akin to a Skyline, and is a pleasurable drive. The car was imported from the US to our shop in Australia for a complete engine tuning, and everthing else has been revised in this car to make it the best it can be.

i was hoping to see a couple opel speedsters in this garage but u guys haven't got one :indiff:

ill be sure to try out the commodore this week and give it my first GT4 review

Opel Speedster, hmmm. I have a race tune for that car which can beat JGTC cars when driven hard enough. If you review one of our cars I can give that tune to you :)

What? Which car? This Speedster hasn't been released. If you review any one of our other current cars I'll send you the Speedster tune via PM. 👍

anybody hooooooooome?? just giving a "ding-dong" to you guys, checking if Aussie Tuners is still alive 'n kicking.., :)

TCV3 is putting people off from reviews, but we are trying.
Any one want to test that Sunfire of mine?
We have a new theme coming pretty soon, just once we get some things done ;) (That includes some reviews- come on)

Car Review: AT Holden Monaro

Lets see, one sexy lookin' Monaro, check. One friggin' huge wing, check. One insane V8 under the hood, check. I think I'm ready to begin. :D

I took this car to Apricot Hills, with its corner after corner style and a couple of large straights, it would be easy to find good points and bad points about the car.

Firstly, the engine. Being a 690bhp V8 its obviously going to accelerate well. Matched with a well set up gearbox, it flies down Apricot's straights. At speed it seems to be an ideal power level. However I found at the one low-speed hairpin Apricot has, when the downforce is not having much of an effect, the rear end was very eager to take the lead from the nose. Obviously the power is a bit more than R3s can take in that situation, but its easily cured by just applying less throttle.

Briefly taking it to Test Course to test the actual speed, I noticed something I didn’t at Apricot. From a standing start, the Monaro will wheelspin all of 1st gear at full throttle. Now this isn’t unexpected, and easily cured with throttle control. Afterwards though, it doesn’t even chirp its tyres. It’s already in 6th gear at 150mph, but the long 6th gear means I easily took the Monaro past 210mph. Seems like a gearbox for any track then. I would say that 1st is a bit too long though, wheelspinning or half-throttling all the way to 60mph does hamper 0-60 tests. ;)

The brakes are extremely good. Stopping the car was easy at any speed. Trail braking was easy to perform. Not much else to say here.

The suspension seems very well set up. The car kept stable in all conditions, and when I accidentally clipped a kerb, the Monaro didn’t bite my nuts off, it just calmly went back onto the tarmac. At low speeds when the downforce isn’t as strong, it does want to slide. I blame this on the power, since at high speeds it almost on rails so to speak. It was easy to correct little slides, bigger slides requiring some more steering effort, but still able to correct the slide, adding to the already impressive controllability of the car.

Lastly, the overall feel. It feels a lot like a sorted race car. Looks like one too. Power is plentiful but not overkill, although it is a fully tuned car excluding exhaust. The suspension feels great, brakes feel great, and it’s great to drive. I think I can sum this car up as great. :)

Laptime at Apricot: 1'16.823

Score: 95/100

One hell of a car you built guys, I think I'll be keeping it in the garage for future use. :D:tup:

Cool, thanks for the review VTiRoj 👍 It pretty much is a race car, inspired by the Bathurst 24hr winning Monaro race car (as in its picture). It was certainly and obviously is one of my most passionate cars, and from the start of its life, all 4 colours of it I have together have put in at least 1000km of testing I think. It's good to hear you like it, hope it wins many races for you 👍 Remember, if you have a request car just let us know ;)

Edit: If anyone's wondering what our next load of cars will be themed towards, all I'll say is "Welcome to Detroit :)"

Cool, thanks for the review VTiRoj 👍 It pretty much is a race car, inspired by the Bathurst 24hr winning Monaro race car (as in its picture). It was certainly and obviously is one of my most passionate cars, and from the start of its life, all 4 colours of it I have together have put in at least 1000km of testing I think. It's good to hear you like it, hope it wins many races for you 👍 Remember, if you have a request car just let us know ;)

Edit: If anyone's wondering what our next load of cars will be themed towards, all I'll say is "Welcome to Detroit :)"

Yeah I definately liked it :) All that testing obviously paid off ten fold. And hopefully it can pay me my money back ten fold too. :D:tup: Nah, its worth the money I spent, I would pay the full Cr.500,000 if it was a race car in the Holden dealership. :sly:

I'll let you know when I have a request. :D:tup:

woah! what a review fell free to review more if you have spare time...and we'll have a custom garage for you :lol:

Well in that case, I might take the F6 Typhoon for a spin. If I review a Holden I might as well review a Ford eh? :D

About my request(s), should I PM one of you or just post it in here? Thanks. :D

Edit: And the F6 review is here! :D

Car Review: AT FPV F6 Typhoon

After purchasing a the F6 in a bitchin’ purple colour (that the GT ruins with orange stripes :indiff:), I set off tuning it and slapped some 6 spoke Enkei wheels on it. :D

I took this car to Trial Mountain, my main testing ground for S3 cars. If I’m going to find any faults, they’ll show up here. The long straight and many corners will test most of the car’s abilities.

Firstly, the engine. It’s an inline-6, turbocharged, much like a Supra or Skyline. However, unlike the Japanese machinery, this baby is packing 577bhp, and 588ft-lb. And boy, it uses it well. Down the backstraight of Trial Mountain I can go well past 150mph, the acceleration of this thing is brutal to say the least.

The brakes are satisfactory. In a car of this weight and power, I expected something a bit sharper, but they do work well during normal braking. The brake bias made it easy to get the back end out under braking, which is a joy to do at Trial Mountain.

The suspension I am very pleased with. It makes the F6 seem like its lighter than it is, leading to some very sweet handling. Definitely on par with some of the higher level Supra’s and Skyline’s I’ve driven. The suspension makes oversteer in 2nd gear so controllable, it almost makes you want to slap some N tyres on it and go drifting. :sly:

Lastly, the overall feel. Overall it feels very good. The brakes could be sharper, but the suspension and that sweet engine more than make up for it. Definitely a car to take the fight to Asia, America and Europe. 👍

Laptime at Trial Mountain: 1’30.959

Score: 90/100

Another great one from you guys. Just one question, ever thought of making a drift-spec one? :D:tup:

Back