Aussie Tuners...Shiny new Garage, Shiny new Management

• Thread starter Renoff
  • 581 comments
Whoa, 2 reviews now, thanks a million đź‘Ť That car probably got a little bit overpowered, but it still works great :D. I think it was a little too had to get such a nose heavy (being inline 6 and all) large car to have sharp breaks but I made as good as I could. Drift-spec is a whole 'nother ball park. Dimplz can do drift cars much better than I, hell I can barely drift :embarrassed: The Walkinshaw SS we did together and half way through he found he could make a drift set-up out of it too. I think the F6 was just my tuning, and seeing I don't do drift cars, it remains a grip car only. Thanks again for the review though, I am willing to tune 2 cars for you now. Or you could just wait for one of the baddest-assed cars to hit the streets to hit our garage very soon ;)

S-Grade, and don't you dare steal my car or I'll shoot you (j/k :lol:) I'm not sure when I'll get it up, but hopefully soon.

I'll find something. And if it winds up the same as yours, I'll laugh. I have no clue what you're cooking unless it's that Speedster...

AT Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) 1954
(373hp) (670.03 Nm) (1112 kg)

53_chevy_corvette_small.jpg

Parts to Buy:

RC Exhaust
RC brakes
Brake balance controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port polish heads
Engine balancing
Race computer chip
FC Suspension
FC Gearbox
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction stage 3
Rigidity increase
Oil change
New rims (recommended, but optional)

Settings:

Brake Balance: 4/6

Suspension
Spring rate: 5.0/6.5
Ride Height: 112/112
Damper (bound): 4/3
Ramper (rebound): 8/6
Camber: 2.5/2.0
Toe: 0/-2
Stabilser: 4/5

Gear Ratios: First set autoset, then set each individual gear ratio
Autoset: 20
1st: 1.867
2nd: 1.210
3rd: 0.913
4th: 0.727
5th: 0.588
Final: 4.000

LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 5

All driving aids 0

Lap Record at Grand Valley Speedway: 1.53.437

Description: When AM Morrison revived the C1 body on a C5 chassis, the automotive world was in awe. It even featured a modern LS series V8 to boot. Here at Aussie Tuners we began to wonder how much could be done with the original chassis and massive inline-6. We began work on the engine first, rebuilding it from the base up with modern performance parts, the engine is barely recognisable now technically speaking as the original, and pumps out a stump-pulling 670Nm. We then removed all unnecessary weighted items, and replaced the frame and body with lightweight materials of our modern age. We placed in a new rear axle assembly, giving it IRS and disc brakes all round that will make a race car's brakes look small. The drivetrain was given all race spec parts, and the suspension was replaced with modern race spec parts as well. We then got to work on fine tuning the suspension, drivetrain, and brakes. The result is astounding to say the least, and still to this day the fastest car on sports tyres I have ever built. It has competed in and done extremely well in world stage competitions, getting 2nd place in the famed Vintage Tuner Challenge, and receiving the fastest-in-competition award. This is even perfectly drivable for new drivers making it the almost perfect car. Drive it and experience perfection in its closest form.

AT Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74
(221hp) (278Nm) (736kg)

IMG0023.jpg

Parts to buy:

RC Exhaust
RC Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish Heads
Engine Balancing
RC Computer Chip
FC Suspension
Stage 2 Turbo
FC Gearbox
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase
Rear Wing
Oil Change

Settings:

Brake Balance: 2/10

Suspension:
Spring Rates: 6.0/5.2
Ride Height: 78/78
Damper (Bound): 4/4
Damper (Rebound): 8/8
Toe: 1/0
Stabilisers: 5/5

Gear Ratios: First set auto, then set each individual gear
Auotset: 15
1st: 2.004
2nd: 1.466
3rd: 1.079
4th: 0.823
5th: 0.645
Final: 3.630

LSD:
Initial: 5

Downforce: 22/30

All driving aids at 0

Lap Record at GVS: 2.04.846

Description: Perfect balance, that is what greets the driver when he starts to fling this car around corners. Another one of Aussie Tuners' award winning vehicles, this one has a gold trophy sitting on its mantle piece. The car has receieved a complete workover from Aussie Tuners, and has come a far way from the original, which was un-inspired to say the least. This one however is a truly inspired drive, and you will be missing out if you pass this over for another rust ridden Spitfire. We invite you to bring your Spitfire in and we will do the work to turn it into a Fire Spitter.

AT Buick GNX '87
(413hp) (689Nm) (1328kg)

IMG0017.jpg

Parts to Buy:

Semi-Racing Exhaust
RC Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish Heads
Engine Balancing
RC Computer Chip
FC Suspension
Stage 1 Turbo
RC Large Intercooler
FC Gearbox
Triple Clutch
FC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase
Oil Change
Rear Wing

Settings:

Brake Balance: 3/24

Suspension:
Spring Rates: 5.5/6.0
Ride Height: 115/115
Damper (Bound): 3/3
Damper (Rebound): 6/6
Toe: 2/-2
Stabiliser: 4/5

Gear Ratios: First set auto, then set each individual gear ratio
Autoset: 13
1st: 2.547
2nd: 1.762
3rd: 1.355
4th: 1.078
5th: 0.877
6th: 0.723
Final: 3.800

LSD:

Downforce: 30/20

All driving aids at 0

Lap record at GVS: 1.58.884

Description: What was once a piece of iron thrown around a track by hand is now a true driving machine made of lightweight materials and who could forget the trusty 3.8L Buick V6 engine underhood, voted on Ward's list of ten best engines of the 20th Century, this car has undergone a serious transformation to get where it is. Aussie Tuners have really worked some magic on this weapon, and it shows not only by its' podium finish in the VTC but in its' lap times as well. This car will happily stomp on many modern sports cars, and it will look cool doing it. Come and experience a Detroit V6 in one of its finest forms.

AT Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
(579hp) (744Nm) (1266kg)

IMG0029.jpg

Parts to buy:

RC Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning stage 3
Port Polish Heads
Engine Balancing
RC Computer Chip
FC Suspension
FC Gearbox
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase
Oil Change
Rear Wing
Rims (optional)

Settings:

Brake Balance: 3/4

Suspension:
Spring Rates: 6.5/5.0
Ride Height: 89/89
Camber: 3.0/2.5
Toe: -1/2
Stabiliser: 5/3

Gear Ratios: First set auto, then set each individual gear ratio
Auto: 19
1st: 2.328
2nd: 1.494
3rd: 1.108
4th: 0.865
5th: 0.681
Final: 3.600

LSD:
Initial: 7
Acceleration: 50
Deceleration: 25

Downforce: 30/30

All Driving Aids 0

Lap Record at GVS: 1.46.772

Description: American muscle in one of its finest forms- the Corvette. This car is something Aussie Tuners has turned into a Club Racer, and was designed for not only taking on other classic race cars, but beating them into the ground. It is a driving machine, not another classic cruiser. The car has some power oversteer which retains the "classic" feel, but overall it can set some fairly quick lap times, and is a very fun drive. Aussie Tuners has track days that allow you to drive this fast machine, so please do come along.

nd4 what do you suggest I tryout? Im kinda interested in a drift setup, even though im a grip freak. Do you have something that has the best of both worlds, a grip and drifting road/track car?

nd4 what do you suggest I tryout? Im kinda interested in a drift setup, even though im a grip freak. Do you have something that has the best of both worlds, a grip and drifting road/track car?

All the drift setups are listed in the first post....but, if you like, the car I'm about to release right now can do some freaking huge powerslides and still be an absolute weapon of speed if you like. ;)

How about the Commodore SS? My uncle had one of them. I'll put it up later it that's okay.

Sorry, this is a closed setups thread, only dimplz, CraftyLandShark and I post setups in this- sorry. We also already have SS Commodore setups for both grip and drift.

Edit: And so, on behalf of Aussie Tuners, welcome to Detroit :)

AT Cobra Venom 427
(516hp) (683Nm) (939kg)

Shelby_Cobra_427_1967_01.jpg

Parts to Buy:

RC Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Gearbox
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase
Oil Change
Rims (Optional)

Settings:

Brake Balance: 7/4

Suspension:
Sping Rates: 7.0/5.0
Ride Height: 83/83
Toe: -2/+2
Stabiliser: 5/3

Gear Ratios: First reset default, then set the autoset, then each individual gear.
Autoset: 13
1st: 2.714
2nd: 1.798
3rd: 1.374
4th: 1.101
5th: 0.911
Final: 3.100

LSD:
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 30

All Driving Aids at 0

Lap Record at GVS: 1.53.862

Description: Carroll Shelby's infamous Cobra 427 is one wild car. Aussie Tuners were lucky enough to get a hold of one (for a steep price of course) because we believe there is much potential in this car. We left the drool inducing 427 cubic inch V8 exactly as it was as a nod to Shelby's impressive work, except now it drinks higher octane racing fuel and is lubed by high-tech modern oils. The car was stripped of all unnecessary weight, and the suspension, brakes, gearbox and LSD were all replaced with new equipment. We tuned the car through hundreds of kms of testing, and finally a compromise between fun and speed was reached, as this car is meant to be fun. The car is extremely quick, yet you can hang the tail out and leave your opponents in a trail of smoke. This car is mocking your opponents on the start grid, and it taunts them in through the race. Aussie Tuners had to place a WARNING sticker on the inside of the driver's door that reads "Caution: Car prone to turning world sideways!". And so I will tell you now, if you are a novice driver, don't hold back from driving this- it is as fun as anything you will ever experience. Only the truest of skilled drivers will extract the car's awesome speed.

Sorry, this is a closed setups thread, only dimplz, CraftyLandShark and I post setups in this- sorry. We also already have SS Commodore setups for both grip and drift.

Edit: And so, on behalf of Aussie Tuners, welcome to Detroit :)

That's okay, i just thought it would be a good idea. :D

Come on guys, please review my Cobra Venom :( Please review anything of ours. Don't force me to GT5 forever. :nervous:

Gimme something that isn't a lightweight sportscar designed for a 80hp-or-so four cylinder with a big-block thrown in. (fine, the Cobra actually has completely different suspension and a different frame, but it's still way too much power for the chassis)

Truthfully, I just don't feel like spending 600k+ on it. I'm far and away too afraid of a disappointment, even though I know it won't be.

Well I did my best to improve on that over powered issue, but it is still very wild. OK, I have a number of muscle cars ready to go. I'll talk with dimplz and maybe put out a new one just for the people scared by the Cobra, well you know what I mean.

Are these car set up with the wheel or the hand held controler? I tried driving the Cobra yesterday it seems all it did was to spin its tires and go sideways.

AT Cobra Venom 427 Review

First off I would like to say thanks for not adding more power to the engine, because it definetely does'nt need anymore. While checking out the settings and applying them everything generally seemed were they should be. The ride height was kind of a suprise, with it being slammed to the grown. I soon found out this wouldn't have a negative effect (not on GVS) and there was no bottoming out and behaviors of that sort.

The first lap was definitely the most memorable. Yes, the car does slide (alot), but I made drifting look easy in this AT tuned machine. With some experienced throttle control and counter-steering with the DS2 I could pretty much slide around any corner in a four wheel drift, and keep a straight and sexy comnposure. I learned that the grass and rumble strip could be a definite danger. One rear wheel unleveled on a rumble strip or on the grass can lead to an epic failure. Drifting was fun but, it doesn't win races so going into the second lap I kept that in mind.

Lap number two, i've managed to get a feel for the car and its behavior now. Keeping it straight seemed pretty easy. I use second gear more than anything else for the majority of the track. Theres no understeer, great turn in, no complaints concerning the brakes, the only issue was the oversteer. But it wasn't really a problem. I'll be working on getting to the laptime you (nd) have recorded. But in the meanwhile I guess i'll keep you updated.

Overall rating? I'd probably give it a 9 out of 10. Its not perfect but it is pretty freakin awesome. Though I wouldn't want to take it out for an endurance race, I believe with a few tweaks to the rear end this car could possibly be a great all around vehicle. If this is something I should expect to see in future TC competitions, I guess I better get work on a counter attack.

PS: I'll try to record a decent lap time later on, i'm super tired rite now..,

Mark Turismo

Are these car set up with the wheel or the hand held controler? I tried driving the Cobra yesterday it seems all it did was to spin its tires and go sideways.

I tune with DS2, but the Cobra was never really meant to be the most perfect grip setup I could make. With experienced throttle control it can drift, slide, grip whatever you want. It's only fast for somebody truly skilled, even I couldn't push this to its outer most limits.

AT Cobra Venom 427 Review

First off I would like to say thanks for not adding more power to the engine, because it definetely does'nt need anymore. While checking out the settings and applying them everything generally seemed were they should be. The ride height was kind of a suprise, with it being slammed to the grown. I soon found out this wouldn't have a negative effect (not on GVS) and there was no bottoming out and behaviors of that sort.

The first lap was definitely the most memorable. Yes, the car does slide (alot), but I made drifting look easy in this AT tuned machine. With some experienced throttle control and counter-steering with the DS2 I could pretty much slide around any corner in a four wheel drift, and keep a straight and sexy comnposure. I learned that the grass and rumble strip could be a definite danger. One rear wheel unleveled on a rumble strip or on the grass can lead to an epic failure. Drifting was fun but, it doesn't win races so going into the second lap I kept that in mind.

Lap number two, i've managed to get a feel for the car and its behavior now. Keeping it straight seemed pretty easy. I use second gear more than anything else for the majority of the track. Theres no understeer, great turn in, no complaints concerning the brakes, the only issue was the oversteer. But it wasn't really a problem. I'll be working on getting to the laptime you (nd) have recorded. But in the meanwhile I guess i'll keep you updated.

Overall rating? I'd probably give it a 9 out of 10. Its not perfect but it is pretty freakin awesome. Though I wouldn't want to take it out for an endurance race, I believe with a few tweaks to the rear end this car could possibly be a great all around vehicle. If this is something I should expect to see in future TC competitions, I guess I better get work on a counter attack.

PS: I'll try to record a decent lap time later on, i'm super tired rite now..,

Mark Turismo

Thanks for the review, and good to hear you got the PS2 back. đź‘Ť You seem to have this car nailed on the head, fun and drifty, but fast if you want it to be. I was a bit worried people wouldn't like it expecting it to be the best grip car around, but you know what you're doing ;) This car in particular won't be in future TCs, but you can expect me to keep up the high standard of tuning. I know you're a good tuner yourself, but if there's anything you want me to tune for you I'm all ears.

Edit: It will be interesting if you can beat me, I know it could go a bit faster yet. It's just so hard to control on the limit for a full lap.

Thanks for the review, and good to hear you got the PS2 back. đź‘Ť You seem to have this car nailed on the head, fun and drifty, but fast if you want it to be. I was a bit worried people wouldn't like it expecting it to be the best grip car around, but you know what you're doing ;) This car in particular won't be in future TCs, but you can expect me to keep up the high standard of tuning. I know you're a good tuner yourself, but if there's anything you want me to tune for you I'm all ears.

Edit: It will be interesting if you can beat me, I know it could go a bit faster yet. It's just so hard to control on the limit for a full lap.

Yea I want to try and beat the GVS time for this car. I knew even before I drove this car that it wasn't going to be a straight grip machine and thats why I knew there would be some fun. I got the hang of it and I know the car and its behavior. Im about seven 7secs away from your time but i've only did about four laps. I will continue to practice with this car in my free time. I'll let you know if I get any closer to the record.

Well you like muscle cars right Vince? I'll put out a new one then, once I find the time. It won't be an outright speed machine like the Cobra here, but holds its own against very high end sports cars, and is nice to see it handle well.

nd 4 I should have that Z4 up tomorrow, and maybe a couple others. But your going to love the Bimmer.

AT Pontiac Ghost GTO '64
(377hp) (646Nm) (1207kg)

53219174_pr.jpg

Parts to Buy:

RC Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish Heads
Engine Balancing
RC Computer Chip
FC Suspension
FC Gearbox
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase
Oil Change
Rims (optional)

Settings:

Brake Balance: 2/24

Suspension:
Spring Rates: 6.5/4.7
Ride Height: 106/106
Toe: 1/2
Stabiliser: 3/5

Gear Ratios: First reset default, then set the autoset, then set each individual gear ratio.
Auotset: 16
1st: 2.226
2nd: 1.531
3rd: 1.177
4th: 0.963
5th: 0.799
6th: 0.676
Final: 4.100

LSD:
Acceleraion: 50

All Driving Aids 0

Description: Keeping it old skool is this beautifully turned out GTO. It has been restored from top to bottom after Aussie Tuners found it lying in a junk yard rusted all through and the engine was not exactly in working order. We thought to our selves, fate chose this car to die, it's not meant to be alive, so they're is no point in keeping it mint original and so like many times before we put our minds to the task of tweaking this car to be capable of so much more than the original. The engine has been beefed up to produce a respectable 377hp and an Earth shattering 646Nm. The suspension was done away with and in went Aussie Tuners spec race equipment, along with the drivetrain which was also replaced. All unnecessary weight was removed from the car. When we were finished with it we knew what this was to be called. Due to how it came to be and the fact it came back more powerful and better than ever this car was named the Ghost GTO, so have fun spooking some sports cars as they watch the rear of this car disappear into thin air right before their very eyes.

Latest Posts

Back