IMG_20160506_190508.jpg

Title: Battlefield 1
Publisher: EA
Developer: DICE

Setting: World War 1

Release Date: October 21st,2016

Platforms: XB1, PS4, PC

Last edited:
Dark green coat and a distinct lack of a "generic-faceless-nameless-space-marine" helmet makes me think it's definitely WWI or WWII. We don't know what he's looking at, but it could be a squadron of bombers or even a zeppelin.

EDIT: Look at the small text on the bottom of the screen. "No weapon, vehicle, or gear manufacturer is affiliated with, or has sponsored or endorsed this game." If DICE made their own weapons, vehicles, or gear, they wouldn't need to state this. They are more than likely using real equipment. WWII equipment?

Last edited:
I like the idea, but I don't think it would really work in a WWI setting. Nazi designers in WWII came up with some stuff that was far ahead of their time. I've seen a few alternate reality stories with possible things they could've created, so walking tanks isn't that far fetched, but I have a feeling that people just want regular, large-scale WWII combat, now that DICE can push the envelope with map detail and size. They aren't limited to processing restrictions of last-gen consoles.

I wonder what the air combat will be like, and which planes will be available.

WWII would be the smartest choice. Something diferent than usual, today there is no competitor in that type of warfare and gives them a chance to keep things fresh, so the next game could be in the modern day, and the next to that could something diferent.

Oh man, if they throw a WWII game at us, I know a lot of people that will be so happy, including myself. Less than 24h to find out.

I think it's almost guaranteed they'll be using the orchestral version of the Battlefield theme. No earthquake-inducing bass blasts or static.

If it is WW2 Pacific based then it is a day 1 buy.
May buy if Europe based too but would prefer Pacific. Not enough FPS games about the Pacific war.

If it is modern or future then I may get it when discounted.

This future past thing worries me. Would surely be an instant buy if it were simply a historical game, but if it's to have this mech crap or whatever in it I'll be very disappointed. To go back only to ruin it.

Im hoping it spans WWI to the Korean War. Maybe the campaign can be about a solider who experienced WWI, WWII, and the Korean War. So we can possibly get everything from the primitive weapons of WWI to jets and helicopters in the Korean war
That would be the greatest thing ever done :drool:

Apparently there was a "leaked" picture of a screen showing "Battlefield 1944"

But sadly,it has been confirmed that the leak is fake :guilty:

I really hope it's WWII. Last great WWII game that had a decent campaign was WAW. If this is set in WWI or WWII, has a decent campaign and the multiplayer is decent enough, I'll definitely be getting this.

Do we know the time of the announcement ? There's rumor that Nvidia gonna unveil their card at the same time so I guess it's gonna be a pretty big announcement, so it should have a schedule ?

Do we know the time of the announcement ? There's rumor that Nvidia gonna unveil their card at the same time so I guess it's gonna be a pretty big announcement, so it should have a schedule ?
4pm ET / 9pm BST according to the video in the 1st post.

To be honest, they're dropping a lot of different hints on what the setting might actually be. For one hint, we may get a WWII Battlefield game again while based on another hint, we're going to get a Battlefield game set between the pre-Cambrian era and Singularity era. *Time traveling confirmed?* We're talking about going way way back in the days when life on earth was at its beginning stages.*

I think I may have a theory on how BF5 may turn out after doing a bit of research. Maybe it's going to be a mix of different time periods. Could you imagine the game starting you at a time period in the future, then being able to time travel back to the Battlefield 2-4 times periods, then to Battlefield 1943, then all the way back to the Pre-Cambrian era? The singularity era happens in the future so I'm going to assume that's where the setting is going to start off on. Maybe a 2040-2080 setting?

The character you saw in the teaser is probably going to be some kind of supporting character during the WWI or WWII time period. This is just my theory, best thing we could do is wait for the reveal later on today.

Back