Brazil Game Show 2013, What do you think will be shown.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 652 comments
Its ok Toko, not everyone follows F1 or its past. But if you were Brazilian you are more than likely to know who he was. His nephew, Bruno Senna, is currently racing in the WEC for Aston Martin.

WOW! He's incredible! :eek: Now that I've seen the video, I can see why everyone loves him a lot. He's really awesome, same with his F1 cars. 👍👍👍

He was something like a force of nature on a track. I became a motorsports diehard fan, and a petrolhead, because of him. I was a kid when he raced and he was some sort of cartoon hero that actually existed.

To better understand him and his image, and legacy, watch the Senna documentary. It was released in 2010.

Yes, but it was exactly what PD did with Top Gear, NASCAR and WRC licenses in GT5. Used extensively for marketing purposes, but of little substance.

If PD get Senna right, (cars, his helmet, challenges and stuff like that) I'm sure that the news will make a lot of noise around the world. The guy is a legend.

- a lot more cars (at least premium) can be race moded :) too few for me in GT5.
- some premium RUF/Porsche
- sounds fixed, especially when changing stuff like transmission (vacuum cleaner sounds have got to go)
- any real world track (why waste time/manpower on crap like Top Gear and Goodwood - make them DLC if some want those. seriously no fun to race on) - to be fair they added Bathurst, Silverstone, Brand's hatch, but I can always hope for more :)

Last edited:
I didn't know Germany was in South America. ;)

Sorry but Senna was on a league of his own, in a car with no traction control, gearbox with clutch and h-pattern lever, no electronic power boost and special rear wing go-fast button, etc. When Senna was in his prime, he was unstoppable.

Sorry but Senna was on a league of his own, in a car with no traction control, gearbox with clutch and h-pattern lever, no electronic power boost and special rear wing go-fast button, etc. When Senna was in his prime, he was unstoppable.

I suppose anyone who won championships before Senna is better than him by virtue that they raced with older technology, right?

People keep mentioning technology as if it proves that Driver A is faster than Driver B. It is rubbish. Fast drivers are fast because they adapt to whatever machinery they are given.

For instance, the fastest drivers with traction control in 2007 were still the fastest guys in 2008 when the FIA banned it. Same for KERS and DRS. If Senna had entered F1 now instead of 1984 that wouldn't suddenly lessen his achievements. So I don't think that the argument you've made is particularly cognitive.

If PD get Senna right, (cars, his helmet, challenges and stuff like that) I'm sure that the news will make a lot of noise around the world. The guy is a legend.

Definitely. I don't really care much for the challenges personally, if amar was talking about an announcement of a Senna-related feature instead of significant core gameplay fixes then that would almost guarantee that I won't buy GT6.

Last edited:
20B_4ME

Senna had an ego problem that made him accept nothing but the best. Taking someone else out of a race for personal gain is reckless and pretty damn low.

funny thing...

talk about PS4 pricing is off topic, but talk about F1 is ok.

GT6 is not on PS4, and there is speculation that Senna, a world famous and legendary F1 driver, may somehow be linked to the game. Not that hard to understand.

Although I don´t think anything big related to Ayrton Senna will be on GT6, it is curious to note that one of the trophies on GT5 that involved takind the picture of the guy at the Tokyo bridge photomode location, it was always rumoured that said guy was depicting a older Ayrton. Hmmmmm...

Is it safe to have our hopes up? I surely want to.

I didn't know Germany was in South America. ;)

You mean the guy who himself considers Fangio his personal idol and Senna to be the best ever?

These days drivers of the non-top 4 teams make a name for themselves by winning or placing highly in a single race, because everyone knows car differences is by far the most important factor in a professional race and also those results usually happen in slippery conditions, which is another way of telling who is the better driver.

Senna not only did that but won seasons under that disadvantage, in a category in which politics make a huge difference and he wasn't exactly liked. Personally I'm not a Senna fan -who knows why- but his qualies and dedication are unparalleled.

The two drivers that represent F1 over the years are the two mentioned ones, especially the more popular Senna.

Last edited:

I think Senna was the best, closely followed by Prost.

Fans always forget Prost, don't know why. He is a true legend, had the strongest line up of teammates the history of motorsports has ever seen (Rosberg, Piquet, Senna, Mansell, Hill - they share 9 WDC between them) and by todays point system he would be a 7 times WDC like Michael.

I hope we get a Senna/Prost Mclaren (or their 90s Mclaren/Ferrari cars, honda vs Ferrari V12!)!

Is it safe to have our hopes up? I surely want to.

Even with amar hint, I will not expect much.

Because even a Senna classic suit/helmet in GT6 and a special challenge would already make me happy.

But. If they will use the name... I hope it's something big.

As far as comparing F1 drivers from different eras goes it's pretty pointless. The sport may have had the same name but it's so different today than it was in the eighties, seventies, sixties etc it's impossible to say who is better. How would Fangio have done if he were born in 1969, how would Vettel have done if he were born in 1911? We'll never know, but to say one is better than the other when the two eras are completely different is silly IMO. Different era, different cars, different rules, different sport.

Its ok Toko, not everyone follows F1 or its past. But if you were Brazilian you are more than likely to know who he was. His nephew, Bruno Senna, is currently racing in the WEC for Aston Martin.

Ahh okay. Well it's good to know and hear that his nephew races too. :)

He was something like a force of nature on a track. I became a motorsports diehard fan, and a petrolhead, because of him. I was a kid when he raced and he was some sort of cartoon hero that actually existed.

To better understand him and his image, and legacy, watch the Senna documentary. It was released in 2010.

That's great to hear! 👍 I should check his documentary when I get time. Thanks for the notification. :D

What I expect is Senna's Mclaren-Honda, nothing more.

However what I would love to see is a Senna challenge, just like Vettel's in GT5.

As far as comparing F1 drivers from different eras goes it's pretty pointless. The sport may have had the same name but it's so different today than it was in the eighties, seventies, sixties etc it's impossible to say who is better. How would Fangio have done if he were born in 1969, how would Vettel have done if he were born in 1911? We'll never know, but to say one is better than the other when the two eras are completely different is silly IMO. Different era, different cars, different rules, different sport.

This exercise is done in all sports, with a consensus on who is the better basketball player, soccer, etc., all of which have changed massively since the golden days.

There are two constant factors over the years: who is the best in his era and how competitive the era was.

The most dominant drivers (not teams) of all time are Fangio, Senna and Schumi, no contest. The first two faced the most competitive times in all F1 history, both in teams and in drivers names.

But yeah, no point in discussing something that is common knowledge for all F1 fans really. Ask any F1 fan or search for high name opinions and you'll find 90% say either Senna or Fangio is the best F1 driver of all time, then Schumi and that's it.

Different era, different cars, different rules, different sport.

different stakes too (track safety like Nordschleife). lot of dead drivers back then (66% chance of death if you crashed), makes quite a huge difference. drivers like Fangio didn't even have seatbelts, they felt it was safer to be ejected from the car than burn.

all this is like comparing WW1 fighter pilots (or test pilots in 50s like Chuck Yeager) with today's pilots

I am not saying safety is a bad thing, we want to see races not people burn alive, but still not a fair comparison

in fact we should be thankful for drivers like Jackie Stewart and Nikki Lauda for making safety an issue

Last edited:
It's just a dream but I would be very happy if they include Interlagos and some brazilian Stock Cars. :)

Just watched another Senna clip on youtube the other day about his lifestyle away from F1. While in the helicopter they fly over Interlagos and Ayrton points to the kart track next to the GP circuit explaining that he began his storied racing career there.

Moral of the story: Model the kart tracks, PD. Senna would not approve of your current style. (sending a crew to scan a location and leaving the kart tracks alone, or the Bugatti circuits, alternate layouts, etc.)

What I expect is Senna's Mclaren-Honda, nothing more.

However what I would love to see is a Senna challenge, just like Vettel's in GT5.

This exercise is done in all sports, with a consensus on who is the better basketball player, soccer, etc., all of which have changed massively since the golden days.

There are two constant factors over the years: who is the best in his era and how competitive the era was.

The most dominant drivers (not teams) of all time are Fangio, Senna and Schumi, no contest. The first two faced the most competitive times in all F1 history, both in teams and in drivers names.

But yeah, no point in discussing something that is common knowledge for all F1 fans really. Ask any F1 fan or search for high name opinions and you'll find 90% say either Senna or Fangio is the best F1 driver of all time, then Schumi and that's it.

You can certainly choose a group of best drivers based on what they achieved in their era but I don't really see how you can say for example Fangio was a better racing driver than Schumacher, their world was so different. Well you can but I'll never get the point personally.

You can certainly choose a group of best drivers based on what they achieved in their era but I don't really see how you can say for example Fangio was a better racing driver than Schumacher, their world was so different. Well you can but I'll never get the point personally.

I think that Fangio is better than Schumacher exactly because of the totally different and much much harder conditions.

And Schumacher had almost no rivals in it's last years as champion. It's like Superman fighting against... not much.

And then he made the mistake of getting back... worst mistake of his life.

BTW, I think the Sony press conf will happen at 8:00pm our time (GMT -3)

I think that Fangio is better than Schumacher exactly because of the totally different and much much harder conditions.

And Schumacher had almost no rivals in it's last years as champion. It's like Superman fighting against... not much.

And then he made the mistake of getting back... worst mistake of his life.

But how would they have done in roles reversed? They both drove to the conditions they had and the competition they had. You say Schumacher had no rivals but neither did Fangio a lot of the time, back in his day it was rare that even 6 drivers would compete in every round of the championship and if they did it was in shed built technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Formula_One_season

Where is the competition? Like I say, saying a driver from the 1950s is a better Formula 1 driver than one from the 1990s is silly IMO. They were the best in their era, that's all you can say.

Since Ven's right next door we might be a few minutes later than you or a tad earlier than you guys in Brazil.

But how would they have done in roles reversed? They both drove to the conditions they had and the competition they had. You say Schumacher had no rivals but neither did Fangio a lot of the time, back in his day it was rare that even 6 drivers would compete in every round of the championship and if they did it was in shed built technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Formula_One_season

Where is the competition? Like I say, saying a driver from the 1950s is a better Formula 1 driver than one from the 1990s is silly IMO. They were the best in their era, that's all you can say.

But those six drivers had a farily equivalent equipment. As for Schumacher side, not much. Except in 96 and 97, he always drove a car that could make him champion. And so on.

About Senna, the guy is regarded as the best not just by numbers and statistics. Is the opinion of other racing drivers, supported by the findings about his techniques of throttle control, which gave him the edge to put one and a half second over Prost in a fratricide kind of war that Schumacher never experienced, because he was always protected by his teams.

Senna, Clark, Fangio, IMO, are the greatest drivers of them all.

Tomorrow I'll be at BGS. On saturday, or sunday, I'll be posting videos and my findings about the demo on the show.

But those six drivers had a farily equivalent equipment.

They really didn't, not back then. I agree on who the best drivers of the generations are, I just don't agree it's fair to compare them against each other. Senna was the best at driving the cars of his era, Fangio the best at driving cars of his era. They're not comparable.

Back