Cant get silver on senna brands hatch!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 105 comments
I spent 40 minutes for this. DFGT.
UtM6ZkkS5Kg.jpg

Finally gold by 1.07.0XX yeah i know i am a bad driver. at first i thought it will take days but i already completed them all gold.
@Chameleon9000 congratulations on that time. by taking some tips from the first page you could get better time.

Last edited:
Finally gold by 1.07.0XX yeah i know i am a bad driver. it first it thought it will take days but i already completed them all gold.
@Chameleon9000 congratulations on that time. by taking some tips from the first page you could get better time.
yeah probably, but im using a DS3 and im over it! ;)

the hardest thing for me was coming to terms with Schrodinger's quality of this cars grip which essentially makes any kind of mid corner correction inefficient at best. Sawing the wheel just makes you turn left and right instead of correcting understeer and countersteering essentially makes you wash out.

So entry speed and turn in points would be key, but being the lazy bastard I am I did exactly the opposite of what majority in this thread seem to suggest - I drove like i was saving fuel, breaking early and rolling through the corners at half throttle. I dunno if that's the fastest way but it surely seems like the safest way as it limits the understeer to managable levels.

Active Steering certainly helps a DS3 user more than TCS. Active Steering helps correct your erratic steering with the stick that causes the oversteer without killing your acceleration.

The key is to get into the throttle as much as you can and as early as you can, its that simple although its not easy :D
You have to shortshift thanks to the pretty beastly turbo too.
I managed gold with a DS3, TCS & ABS on 0 and I wouldn't consider myself a good driver.
It's a challenge, but definitely doable.

It also just depends how good you are with F1 cars. I've never been good at driving them, I always turn in either too early (more often) or too late. Rarely I get it right.

Active Steering certainly helps a DS3 user more than TCS. Active Steering helps correct your erratic steering with the stick that causes the oversteer without killing your acceleration.

I dont like active steering its like the car takes over and takes me away from where i want to go,i just dont get it,and how it works,i maybe dumb when it comes to this but i cant get it,thats why i use tc 1 to 3 depending on how loose the butt is but mostly 1 but usually its on 0 but then i am fairly average and ds3 AT abs1 so i am :confused: i always thought this was best for wheels because you see a lot use it.........sorry if i bored you all with that :cheers:

*struggling to tell if sarcastic or sincere*

heh...?

when i first did this with lotus i used TC on 3 and then i was wondering why is this so slow trying to find gears on the corners ,it was slow in getting the right gear well after i was on the gas,so i change back to 1 and much better not as fast as 0 but better

I think a large part of any time trial is your mindset. It took me quite some time to do this challenge, pushing too hard, completely missing apexes due to the terrible low speed grip or just flying off into the gravel. I then backed off, spotting what I need to do on each corner to get round consitently, the most important being to really hold your power back at surtees, the safer you take that corner the faster you are on the next straight and it makes a BIG diference. I then knew what I had to do and it was just a case of putting down a near perfect lap.

I was on a DFGT, I can imagine it being a massive pain with a ds3.

I dont like active steering its like the car takes over and takes me away from where i want to go,i just dont get it,and how it works,i maybe dumb when it comes to this but i cant get it,thats why i use tc 1 to 3 depending on how loose the butt is but mostly 1 but usually its on 0 but then i am fairly average and ds3 AT abs1 so i am :confused: i always thought this was best for wheels because you see a lot use it.........sorry if i bored you all with that :cheers:

Active Steering does steer for you in a sense but it only stops you making too big/jerky movements, at least with pad anyway. No idea how it affects a wheel. I don't use it generally but if i'm struggling i'd turn that on before TCS. With this Senna challenge it stopped the twitching when putting the power down for me.

Have you turned traction control to "0" ?
Leaving traction control on will significantly slow you down.

I actually had to turn TCS to 5 to gold this. The turbo lag was horrendous. Yes it killed my exit speed at T2 but I more than gained it everywhere else. Never had to use TCS with any other car in GT6, not even LMPs and Group Cs tuned to max power.

Golded after like 50 tries, most of which ended at T1. I hate that corner!

Edit: Thank you to those who suggested turning off TCS and use Active Steering instead. Improved to 1:06.671! :cheers:

Last edited:
The three corners out back were worst for me, I never got the correct turn in point. Also Graham Hill, it's easy flat but for some reason with the controller I could never steer it correctly. Hit the inside curb loads of times which results in an instant spin.

Finally golded it with DS3, silver was easy but afterwards I had problems with the first corner, it's so blind. Late braking and late apexes worked perfectly, that's the way to drive on this track (except the final turn which opens). ;)

The best suggestion: never give up, and remember what Senna always said about winning! ;)

Finally golded it with DS3, silver was easy but afterwards I had problems with the first corner, it's so blind. Late braking and late apexes worked perfectly, that's the way to drive on this track (except the final turn which opens). ;)

The best suggestion: never give up, and remember what Senna always said about winning! ;)
I had the same problem... The car wouldn´t take the racing line I wanted and ended up in the dirt... I´m at the Monza now... tried it 5 times yesterday and got silver. Then I went to bed and never played it yet.

Active Steering does steer for you in a sense but it only stops you making too big/jerky movements, at least with pad anyway. No idea how it affects a wheel. I don't use it generally but if i'm struggling i'd turn that on before TCS. With this Senna challenge it stopped the twitching when putting the power down for me.

With a wheel it works like this: Active steering does the quick countersteer for you when the back kicks out. I discovered how great it is when I desperately wanted to gold a drift seasonal to win a paint chip :) You don't really feel it through the wheel, other than a small disturbance in the force feedback. Basically it buys you a bit of time to react to what the car is doing.

Active Steering? so all the hard work i done completing it with only abs 1 and manual on DS3 and now i only find out that this could help me.

I tried both active steering options on my DFGT. The strongest setting is not any good but the mild setting gives enough stability to get me the Silver that got me the car.

1:09.994 with TC on 2 and ABS on 3. I could keep going for Gold but I'll get used to the car now - so I can turn off the assistance.

Back