Codemasters - Grid 2 - 2013

• Thread starter tribolik
  • 2,229 comments
BubbleBelly542
They do it for a reason. It's called money.

Yep. Let's not forget that not only is this the publisher that wants you to buy two games to get what used to be just one, they also want you to pay full price and still withhold career mode events until you pay again, which to my mind is shocking and appalling practice. Locking content included in the game is bad enough, but at least most games that do that are finishable... I wish I'd known that before I bought Dirt 3 because I would've held off on it to see if they released the actual full game, which they just have.

Yes yes yes!
Hoping they will base it on the F1 engine and put all the GT1 racecars in it again

Yes yes yes!
Hoping they will base it on the F1 engine and put all the GT1 racecars in it again

The engine will be the same as F1 2011 - EGO 2.0
But unfortunatly I bought and didnt like the handling/physics of 2010 (very GRID like physics) and didnt buy F1 2011. So I dont know if the physics/handling is more realistic/less arcade. I hope so.
TBH I hope they add alot of options so that the handling suits everyone from sim to arcade.

The engine will be the same as F1 2011 - EGO 2.0
But unfortunatly I bought and didnt like the handling/physics of 2010 (very GRID like physics) and didnt buy F1 2011. So I dont know if the physics/handling is more realistic/less arcade. I hope so.
TBH I hope they add alot of options so that the handling suits everyone from sim to arcade.

They really aren't similar at all though. Have you really played F1 2010? The physics aren't even remotely similar to anything codemasters has done before, especially not Grid. F1 actually has pretty damn realistic physics, not perfect but some of the absolute best on consoles besides GT5, race pro, ferrari challenge and it's clones. It leaves forza 4 in the dust (not that that is saying much, but people generally compare console "sims" to forza)

THe only codies title to have F1s other than f1 2010-11 was in TOCA 3, and even with pro physics in TOCA 3, the physics in F1 10/11 are just so much more realistic than that. If you compare all the GT cars in TOCA 3 to grid, you'll find that toca's pro physics are more realistic than that, so I can't see how you could even compare F1 to Grid, it's really levels above it.

I hate to sound like a broken record but hasn't anybody else noticed how much faster cars are than they should be in Grid?

I like to call it fast forward, because not only do the cars accelerate faster than they can IRL, but they take corners as fast as F1 cars do when they are not F1 cars. Please watch this video as amusing proof of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJogamd_3fg

In F1 2010/11, if anything the cars aren't fast enough, which is why I can't understand how you could say F1 is even remotely similar to Grid

Last edited:
They really aren't similar at all though. Have you really played F1 2010? The physics aren't even remotely similar to anything codemasters has done before, especially not Grid. F1 actually has pretty damn realistic physics, not perfect but some of the absolute best on consoles besides GT5, race pro, ferrari challenge and it's clones. It leaves forza 4 in the dust (not that that is saying much, but people generally compare console "sims" to forza)

THe only codies title to have F1s other than f1 2010-11 was in TOCA 3, and even with pro physics in TOCA 3, the physics in F1 10/11 are just so much more realistic than that. If you compare all the GT cars in TOCA 3 to grid, you'll find that toca's pro physics are more realistic than that, so I can't see how you could even compare F1 to Grid, it's really levels above it.

I hate to sound like a broken record but hasn't anybody else noticed how much faster cars are than they should be in Grid?

I like to call it fast forward, because not only do the cars accelerate faster than they can IRL, but they take corners as fast as F1 cars do when they are not F1 cars. Please watch this video as amusing proof of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJogamd_3fg

In F1 2010/11, if anything the cars aren't fast enough, which is why I can't understand how you could say F1 is even remotely similar to Grid

I played it and even took part of an online Championship. Great graphics, great Career mode, Strange AI (good on some circuits rubish on others and ubber fast on Spain) and crappy physics IMO.
Its your opinion and your entitled to it... mine is that F1 2010 is a tweeked Grid F1 style game...
The physics arent remotely similar to anything IMO and lets just leave it at that... Never before have I played a game that in order to correct a spin instead of using the wheel you just slam on the brakes.

In all honesty, I love grid as is. I only have a few request; better AI, more streamlining, and, simply put, many more races, both of what existed and what can be added.

To me, the physics may have been off, and yes the cars seemed faster than normal, but I enjoyed it greatly because somehow, they managed to give me a convergence of the arcade style and a simulation. The cars turn sharper, stop better, fly, and accelerate faster than, say, Gran Turismo, but all this along with the polish and the still distinct differences between the cars (or lack of for certain series) gives me at least a sense of speed only a handful of other games have ever given me.

THE PHYSICS ARE NOT CRAP.

Its getting so boring and old now. The game IS NOT A SIM, GET OVER IT. Not every racing game that gets released has to be a sim, why? Because they don't sell as well as "fun" games. The Toca/Race Driver series is one of the most fun and easily one of the best racing game series in the history of gaming. Just because its not a sim, does not make the physics crap, so quit saying it. It took an 87 score on Metacritic across 62 reviews, and quite frankly, thats higher than GT5. So they did something right didn't they.

If they made the next one into a hardcore sim it completely destroys what Race Driver is all about, and thus less people will buy it.

MildAshers

Its getting so boring and old now. The game IS NOT A SIM, GET OVER IT. Not every racing game that gets released has to be a sim, why? Because they don't sell as well as "fun" games. The Toca/Race Driver series is one of the most fun and easily one of the best racing game series in the history of gaming. Just because its not a sim, does not make the physics crap, so quit saying it. It took an 87 score on Metacritic across 62 reviews, and quite frankly, thats higher than GT5. So they did something right didn't they.

If they made the next one into a hardcore sim it completely destroys what Race Driver is all about, and thus less people will buy it.

Thank you.

I enjoy it, instead of worrying about what I do in GT5, I get to look at great visuals, great damage, hear good sounds, all while not caring too much about how the car drives.

MildAshers

Agree with this. So the physics aren't as realistic as GT, but the racing is 100% more fun. However, I do think that TOCA 3 was probably the most fun racing game I have played, you almost got the feeling that the AI were trying hard to beat you and it had a great selection of tracks

To be honnest I was talking about F1 2010 and also said IMO (wich I think Im entitled to especially on a game that corrects a spin with the brakes)... Grid had/has the best damage modeling of any racing game on console to this day (IMO) and they never claimed it was anything else than an arcade game but F1 2010...

If I didnt like the game I wouldnt have made the thread... but I dont like the physics one bit, I wouldnt call them crappy IMO arcade sure, F1 2010 for what it was set out to do IMO has crappy physics and I stand by that...

Last edited:
Teaser picture
5v537o.jpg

Pretty unimpressed by that to be frank... Graphics don't look great and it's just a bunch of cars driving along, not much interesting to excite me.

E28
Pretty unimpressed by that to be frank... Graphics don't look great and it's just a bunch of cars driving along, not much interesting to excite me.

I don't think you can be so critical from one picture. GT5 is also just a bunch of cars driving along.

E28

One picture is released and already your criticising it for not interesting you? Not really sure what you're expecting. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics.. Sorry to use you as an example here but this is exactly what I hate about the typical modern gamer - judging a whole game just from one picture and if it isn't graphically exceptional, casting a bad opinion. No-one should be judging a game until they've played it themselves or at least seen gameplay trailers.

E28

you're judging the graphics based on a compressed jpeg image 600x337 pixels in size?

As for "just a bunch of cars driving along", what do you want cars to be doing? Flying? Baking a cake?

One picture is released and already your criticising it for not interesting you? Not really sure what you're expecting. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics.. Sorry to use you as an example here but this is exactly what I hate about the typical modern gamer - judging a whole game just from one picture and if it isn't graphically exceptional, casting a bad opinion. No-one should be judging a game until they've played it themselves or at least seen gameplay trailers.

I'm actually judging the picture, not the game. Currently I'm unimpressed, but will wait for a trailer.

you're judging the graphics based on a compressed jpeg image 600x337 pixels in size?

As for "just a bunch of cars driving along", what do you want cars to be doing? Flying? Baking a cake?

I was pretty much hoping they'd show some nice damage, not a bunch of cars from GRID going in a straight line.

Back