Codemasters - Grid 2 - 2013

• Thread starter tribolik
  • 2,229 comments
Piotrov
I don't have high hopes for grid considering how the Codie's handled the dirt games.

My thoughts exactly. It might be fun in an exciting way, but it won't be fun in a realistic way, and we'll be lucky to get the complete game at launch...

I don't have I hopes for GRID 2 because of the first one. :lol:

Exactly. Played it last week. I couldn't believe how the cars handled. Especially cars like the F3. I started playing the Toca series on my psone. Those where the games!!!

I'm not holding my breath but I sincerely hope this won't be another DLC feast a'la Dirt 3.

Dirt 3 was a DLC feast? Didn't it only have like 3 or 4 DLC packs? Seriously, if you think Dirt 3 is a DLC feast....you've never played Forza or an MMO before.

I think they should keep Grid 1 physics or improve them. I hope for an even better damage model, more tracks, and more cars!

Again going by the dirt series the damage got less with every game. I don't think the damage will be the same as grid.
If anything it might be less visual.
Hope I'm wrong tho.

Exactly. Played it last week. I couldn't believe how the cars handled. Especially cars like the F3. I started playing the Toca series on my psone. Those where the games!!!

Exactly. I had to hit the handbrake just to get the F3 to go around corners.

tumblr_m87c203Ze11rs4cb2o1_500.jpg

AHHHHHHHHH. Can't wait till the 8th.

I hope there's another Detroit track. I'm from Michigan and i love Detroit and Codemasters had a fairly accurate representation of the streets and buildings.

Why must a game be realistic to be fun?

This. Many people hated Grid simply because it wasn't a sim even it has been clearly explained that it wasn't intended to be. I'm looking for ward to having fun with it regardless which way the physics go.

More like "The Race Rises?"

1343062945-the-dark-knight-rises2.jpeg

Maybe it was inspired by that poster, or purposely references to it.

Sier_Pinski
More like "The Race Rises?"

I'm excited to see what this sequel brings to the table. Hopefully, the 24 Hours of Le Mans will return with more realistic physics and newer cars.

Hahahaha first thing i saw in that pic was an unicorn.

I do prefer games that edge towards realism, But the first grid was an exception. All i hope is that they keep the "Make your own racing team" mechanic as the last one. Im still not 100% on it though, Same as everything else codies do these days.

MildAshers
Why must a game be realistic to be fun?

When did you all become so dull?

Exactly. There were a lot of fresh game design ideas in Grid 1 and the racing was OTT but huge fun. Really looking forward to Grid2.

I really want to see any surprises the trailer has...8th is taking so long. :(

I'm not sure if i'll get this. I had the original on my PS3 and I thought the physics were a bit weird but after a while I got used to it and I realised that the game itself had many innovative features.
I hope that they do fix the online as it was nearly impossible to do the 1st corner on Nurburgring GP without ending up in a huge crash pile.

Dylans1o
I'm not sure if i'll get this. I had the original on my PS3 and I thought the physics were a bit weird but after a while I got used to it and I realised that the game itself had many innovative features.
I hope that they do fix the online as it was nearly impossible to do the 1st corner on Nurburgring GP without ending up in a huge crash pile.

That's not Codemasters fault, that's the fault of idiots who race online.

That's not Codemasters fault, that's the fault of idiots who race online.

I'm aware but they should have a penalty system and/or a sort of anti collision system where you can't hit cars online or you'll just pass through them (Grid 1 might have had that.. I cant remember).

Also it's expected that Grid 2 will use the EGO Engine v2.0 (F1:2011, Dirt 3/Showdown both had this engine) as Grid used EGO Engine v1.0 (F1 2009 and Dirt 2 used this engine).

Dylans1o
I'm aware but they should have a penalty system and/or a sort of anti collision system where you can't hit cars online or you'll just pass through them (Grid 1 might have had that.. I cant remember).

I've played racing games with penalty systems, and they've been nothing but bad and oversensitive. If you didn't want to be in contact with people online, there was an option for that before you entered a lobby. I have no problem with crashing online as long as it was a true accident.

Latest Posts

Back