Codemasters - Grid 2 - 2013

• Thread starter tribolik
  • 2,229 comments
Can't wait to find out more on this I seen the trailer and the logo they used I instantly recognised as the GRID logo.

grid-logo.jpg

grid-2-logo

The red part behind đź‘Ť.

I know it's not going to happen, it's bound to be a quite literal GRID 2 but I really wish they would go back to the gameplay and style of the older TOCA games, basically an updated version of this game:

Toca_World_Touring_Cars_PAL.jpg

Like I say not going to happen but I can dream.

That my sir was damn good game on psone. What a flash back from the past đź‘Ť

I know it's not going to happen, it's bound to be a quite literal GRID 2 but I really wish they would go back to the gameplay and style of the older TOCA games, basically an updated version of this game:

Toca_World_Touring_Cars_PAL.jpg

Like I say not going to happen but I can dream.

yeah its a great game even hard also..

It was my favourite ToCA game by far, I don't think they've surpassed it since. All about the racing with no frills. Decent line up of touring cars from around the world, GREAT track selection (Something many modern games still don't better) and a really well structured career mode with again, no fancy frills culminating in a World Championship.

But yeah that track list was awesome:

A1 Ring
Adelaide
Bathurst
Brands Hatch
Brasilia
Buenos Aires
Catalunya
Dijon-Prenois
Hockenheimring
Laguna Seca
Mexico
Monza
Nurburgring
Oulton Park
Road America
Silverstone
Snetterton
Sugo
Surfers Paradise
Suzuka
TI Aida
Vancouver
Watkins Glen

That was different game, no sliding around like in Grid. Still great.

Yeah that's why I said earlier GRID doesn't have to have realistic physics, it just has to have fun physics that are easy to get on with. The Toca games were never realistic in terms of physics but they were fun and easy to get used to and enjoy. The GRID physics were just not that fun and manageable, especially with a wheel I found.

August 8 is just a week shy of Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. Given that Codemasters is a UK-based developer/publisher, I think it's fair to say that we'll probably be hearing more about GRID 2 shortly after Wednesday's big reveal.

Todays the big day can't wait until they reveal more :D.

Was gonna say "what? its not even wednesday" until realized I keep forgetting about that silly thing called timezone :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, they can fix the physics, expand the content, make it more SIM like and re-release the game as it was. Most fun I ever had was on Grid.

Honestly, there's more than enough great sims coming out in the next twelve months. This doesn't need to be another one.

Honestly, there's more than enough great sims coming out in the next twelve months. This doesn't need to be another one.

This. The whole attitude is about as annoying and tiring as the RBR crowd who repeatidly think anything with Rally in it has to have RBR-type physics in it just for the game to be any good.

Again with the brownish hue.... What's up with that? Seeing the recent Codemasters' games I'm a bit sceptical about this. Fingers crossed it will be everyting as good as I want it to be.

The lack of Cockpit Cam is completely understandable.

With the fact that it's still going to be released on Xbox 360 and PS3, with all the changes for this game, I would imaging it would be tricky for a competent cockpit cam that will keep the "fans" happy.

Yeah that's why I said earlier GRID doesn't have to have realistic physics, it just has to have fun physics that are easy to get on with. The Toca games were never realistic in terms of physics but they were fun and easy to get used to and enjoy. The GRID physics were just not that fun and manageable, especially with a wheel I found.

I COMPLETELY agree.

I'm one of the people saying they need to make it a lot more realistic, but when I say that I know damn well it's still not going to be a legitimate sim. I just want it to be like F1 2010. That game showed what they can do when they don't have their heads up their a****s trying to steal fans from the NFS crowd. They have the ability to challenge games like forza, and probably beat shift 2. It would still keep the balance on the fun side.

There's no question, it has to be more realistic. But sure, it doesn't have to be the next netKar Pro or iracing. I'm not expecting it to beat PC sims or GT5, but I would hope that they would at least try to match the realism of F1 2010 except with GT cars, road cars, and what ever else they put in it.

That's another thing, it shouldn't be all race cars like the first one. They need to add some road cars as well.

Crashbroke23
With the fact that it's still going to be released on Xbox 360 and PS3, with all the changes for this game, I would imaging it would be tricky for a competent cockpit cam that will keep the "fans" happy.

TBH I don't believe that's the reason here. Dirt and F1 whilst being multiplatform have all managed this feat.

It's just a cut in development costs in this age of HD remakes and general winding up of this gen.

Anyhow 5% drop in sales is nothing, factored in with development savings.

Just a shame.

The lack of Cockpit Cam is completely understandable.

No it's not at all understandable. Look at all the backlash GT5 got just for some of the cars not having it. This is just pure stupidity like usual from Codemasters. It's 2012. They're not some low budget developer. This is just ridiculous. I'm now fully boycotting this pile of trash

Also, the trailer, I know it's stupid to make physics comments based on a video, but if the way those cars slide is nearly identical to Grid 1. Once again, Codemasters will probably create a great package but pair it with EPIC FAIL gameplay, just like the first Grid

No it's not at all understandable. Look at all the backlash GT5 got just for some of the cars not having it. This is just pure stupidity like usual from Codemasters. It's 2012. They're not some low budget developer. This is just ridiculous. I'm now fully boycotting this pile of trash

Also, the trailer, I know it's stupid to make physics comments based on a video, but if the way those cars slide is nearly identical to Grid 1. Once again, Codemasters will probably create a great package but pair it with EPIC FAIL gameplay, just like the first Grid

Not-Sure-if-Serious-Or-just-really-sarcastic.jpg

"The second demo we played takes place on the streets of Chicago - and it's much more like the GRID we recognise, just so much slicker. We've never seen shiner bodywork and glass effects, and that's including Gran Turismo 5's photo mode. The word here is 'hyper-realism'. It's ludicrously detailed and grounded in the real world, yet it's clearly a super-charged version of reality. Shafts of light through iron girders, a beautiful hazy distance effect on the tops of the skyscrapers... it's like a playable, CG render of concept art and exactly what arcade games would look like now if arcades had continued from their '90s heyday."

Awesome. Can't wait to play it. Hopefully I can upgrade in time to get triple screens for this!

Also, ignore the troll.

The lack of cockpit is a real shame. The series have had that since it's beginning..... Man times do change.

Let us all realize that this trailer is a trailer to show cool awesomeness. Until we see real gameplay, or even play a demo we can say someting about the gameplay. Until then it's just hogwash positive or negative.

Oh well... Arcademasters strikes again. Looks gorgeous, might end up being a fun game to play, but I still cant shake the feeling of disappointment about what they choose to waste their incredible possibilities on. I m at a point where their overdone sellout of authentic racing features for arcade stuff leaves a sour taste in my mouth. They should rename themselves to Codemasters Arcade or Codemasters ZOMFGITSSOOOCOOL!!!

Imagine a new TOCA with those graphics and tell me you wouldnt be all over that like its Halle Berry dipped in honey.

I don't believe for a second that 95% of potential users don't want a cockpit view. There's just no way! The research was either extremely biased, inadequate or manipulated to support Codemasters' wish to save money and work. I'm not one of those 'down with this sort of thing' types but I'm concerned that if this game sells well without cockpits then we can expect to see other devs dropping them too.

So, yeah. I'm disappointed, I won't be picking this up until the Christmas Steam sale in 2014.

Back