CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
Must have got your numbers wrong.
Or didn’t follow the exact rules mentioned in the first post.
Thats what I thought too, triple checked and still wrong, so posted here, sort of knew the answer, but don't lol
Given up trying now lol

Last edited:
Can't find A220 from the legendary shop. Been trying for several weeks. Any alternative cars?

You just missed it. It was in the dealership a few weeks ago. It probably won't be back for months.

The best alternative is the Chaparral 2J.

My best time on Tokyo 600 is 24:30 or so, best lap about 1:55 -- VERY comparable to the Alpine.

3DD1D704-5734-4C37-AB93-7D571AE64805.jpeg

4C01A07B-6EDE-4844-9424-A78C70911F1A.jpeg

Notes on this tune:
  • You need to match these settings exactly.
  • You need the body stiffening upgrade.
  • Use Fuel Map 1 and pit for new tires and gas after lap 6.
  • You need to turn on Active Stability Management and Countersteer Assist. (ignore this advice at your peril)
  • The first lap is by far the hardest. It gets much easier on lap 2 and beyond. Your fastest laps will be laps 8-9-10-11.
  • Don't be turned off by the Comfort tires. The car actually sticks to the road amazingly well through the turns!
  • It does slide around on the straights, though, so you do have to constantly correct for that on the straightaways.
  • Also remember that you can hit the walls and other cars and take penalties and you will still get the clean race bonus (although the most efficient times are only possible by not incurring penalties).

here's a youtube video of me driving it.

Last edited:
I FINALLY BROKE TWENTY-FIVE MINUETS!!! I’ve been as close as 25:09, but that was like two months ago, and something always seems to sabotage me.

I almost rage-quit on lap 9. Knew I was making great pace, prob best at the time by 8-10 seconds coming into lap 9, having passed more than half the field. Get to the sweeping left before ramp to second S-turn. Naturally, Kokubon, in his tank RX-7, was turning in same time as me, but I braked a little early and turned under him - and he pit maneuvered me sideways skidding. Only positive thing was I (by 1000% luck) tapped e brake and didn’t hit the wall

THE RAGE SWELLED UP BIG-TIME!!

Finish lap 2:07.5xx, which lap 9 is typically my FL for the race. I unpaused, and decided to push extra hard because **** it, I’d rather get a penalty than finish 1-4 seconds above 25 mins. Get high 1:58 lap ten and start lap 11 with 21:04 on the clock (roughly). “I need 1:58’s on these last two laps, LFG!”. Get low 1:58 lap 11. Tires starting to slide (man, that prior skidding took a lil more rubber than normal) and I almost blew it on first S turn, turning in slightly late and damn-near hit wall hard enough for penalty- surely I ruined my chances I thought. But recover and hit next two turns perfect, -0.067 ahead on FL. Coming into last hairpin and trying to stay calm, braked perfect, and accelerated just right and see -0.45xx as I enter the tunnel and just staring at the clock

24:59.385!!! Set fastest lap on Lap 12 with 1:57.726!!! Still haven’t beaten my 1:57.2xx that I set back in like early June, but damnit - I FREAKING DID IT!

4FAFAABA-0A94-40A0-8404-C1E8F021B46C.jpeg

Did race two more times with focus of new FL record. Has been 1:57.2xx for a long time.

Tried diff Strategy and I really like it (not for fastest RT, but it’s close. Finished 25:11 and previous fastest RT before this morning was 25:09) and that’s pitting end lap 5, tires only, and again end lap 9 for tires and .3-.4 laps of extra fuel (above diamond).

Race 1: set new FL of 1:56.95x on lap 11 and follow it up with a new FL of 1:56.7xx!!

Race 2: given this is the 5th consecutive time doing the race, my feel is locked in.
1:56.984 lap 7
2:01.638 on out lap on lap 10!
Error lap 11 “only” 1:57.853 😂

Final Lap: 1:55.800!!! 🎉🎉🎉
2344CCBA-AFEA-4C5F-BCD0-DCFE2A28DBE6.jpeg

Did race two more times with focus of new FL record. Has been 1:57.2xx for a long time.

Tried diff Strategy and I really like it (not for fastest RT, but it’s close. Finished 25:11 and previous fastest RT before this morning was 25:09) and that’s pitting end lap 5, tires only, and again end lap 9 for tires and .3-.4 laps of extra fuel (above diamond).

Race 1: set new FL of 1:56.95x on lap 11 and follow it up with a new FL of 1:56.7xx!!

Race 2: given this is the 5th consecutive time doing the race, my feel is locked in.
1:56.984 lap 7
2:01.638 on out lap on lap 10!
Error lap 11 “only” 1:57.853 😂

Final Lap: 1:55.800!!! 🎉🎉🎉
Mind if you share your Alpine A220 tune?

@Saargasm
And please tell us which assists ( ASM, CSA, ... ? ) you use.
I'm still trying to run with ABS and TC1 only, but at a certain degree of tire wear, the car gets super twitchy and I end up with too many penalties most of the times. :rolleyes:

I FINALLY BROKE TWENTY-FIVE MINUETS!!! I’ve been as close as 25:09, but that was like two months ago, and something always seems to sabotage me.

I almost rage-quit on lap 9. Knew I was making great pace, prob best at the time by 8-10 seconds coming into lap 9, having passed more than half the field. Get to the sweeping left before ramp to second S-turn. Naturally, Kokubon, in his tank RX-7, was turning in same time as me, but I braked a little early and turned under him - and he pit maneuvered me sideways skidding. Only positive thing was I (by 1000% luck) tapped e brake and didn’t hit the wall

THE RAGE SWELLED UP BIG-TIME!!

Finish lap 2:07.5xx, which lap 9 is typically my FL for the race. I unpaused, and decided to push extra hard because **** it, I’d rather get a penalty than finish 1-4 seconds above 25 mins. Get high 1:58 lap ten and start lap 11 with 21:04 on the clock (roughly). “I need 1:58’s on these last two laps, LFG!”. Get low 1:58 lap 11. Tires starting to slide (man, that prior skidding took a lil more rubber than normal) and I almost blew it on first S turn, turning in slightly late and damn-near hit wall hard enough for penalty- surely I ruined my chances I thought. But recover and hit next two turns perfect, -0.067 ahead on FL. Coming into last hairpin and trying to stay calm, braked perfect, and accelerated just right and see -0.45xx as I enter the tunnel and just staring at the clock

24:59.385!!! Set fastest lap on Lap 12 with 1:57.726!!! Still haven’t beaten my 1:57.2xx that I set back in like early June, but damnit - I FREAKING DID IT!

View attachment 1183064
Absolutely job well done 👍

Sure thing! I'll grab so pics either later today or tomorrow morning and post them here. While I haven't tinkered with it too much in some time, I do have some changes to the tune setup that originally was floating around back when the glitch was first "discovered" - mainly the AR bars, toe angles, initial torque, braking diff & lengthening 5th gear by 5 KMPH.

And please tell us which assists ( ASM, CSA, ... ? ) you use.
I use the braking zones (although they're unreliable AF on this race lol) ABS & TC1 for all my cars as well - but for this particular race and using Alpine, I use the counter-steer setting on weak. I've used probably 25-30-different cars on this race and this Alpine HATES puddles of water compared to almost all the others. The counter-steer assist definitely makes corners much more stable and once I read that tip and enabled it for this race, I shaved multiple seconds off my time (but probably also because I've done the race so many times).

My tip would be to use manual (I'm a recent convert from AT and it took maybe a week or so to get used to it and cant imagine going back) so you know how much throttle to use on each corner and its more predictable for brake points.

If you're headed for a wall and penalty, hit e-brake to get rear of car going towards said wall as you generally only get the penalty if the front of the car hits the wall OR if you realllly slam the back/side of the car hard.

Throttle control is ESSENTIAL for fast laps - a lot of the cars you can almost mash the accelerator immediately, but this car loves smooth inputs both accelerating out of corners and releasing the brake

When race starts, hug left wall of tunnel immediately (the Aston will move to the middle lane juuuust before you pass it) and stay there until you pass the white Porche (the GT-R will be in the process of passing to it's right, which will cause the Porche to "jerk" to the left some if you're 0.5-seconds late FYI) which should put you right behind the top 4 cars before you get to the hairpin. After first two laps, when braking for first hairpin, brake around 180-meters point, downshift to 3rd gear and stick to left side before feathering the brake to get around the corner.

For the first sweeping left turn you should be higher RPM's in 4th gear before you you turn in, so upshift to 5th, keep throttle about 1/2 when turning in and gradually increase it until straight facing and full throttle until roughly 4/5ths the way until the sharp right-hander (before S-turn) and hug the right barrier - no braking, downshift to 4th just coasting no throttle until straight facing.

The 1st S-Turn was an area where I ended up shaving A TON of time off my laps once I learned how fast you can take it and then just practice. After that sharp right hander I just mentioned, hug right side as normal, but don't brake hard - about 50% brake right before starting the turn. You should aim that turn to almost scrape the left side of the car on the wall before the overpass and 75%ish throttle before right turn after the overpass, lift throttle to turn in and then again, don't mash the throttle on exit as it's a small crest and you'll slingshot into the left wall or over-correct and spin out!

This is another section where I shaved seconds off my time, for the same reason as before and that was over-braking. SOrry if this is confusing, but I wish I had screenshots I could point to lol. Accelerate through 4th gear, but don't upshift to 5th for the sweeping right hander. You come out the S-turn on the left side of the straight and while accelerating you move to the right side before again moving to the left side before the turn. For the first 4ish laps, I tap the brakes (like 40% brake input) to get car turning right, lift off throttle until past the apex and gradually increase throttle, getting over to the right as quickly as possible to setup the next sweeping left turn. Starting lap 4/5, I don't even tap the brakes, just lift off throttle - this will take practice getting muscle memory timed to start the turn at the right spot. Stay in 4th gear.

This is another turn where your instincts (and braking area lights up) tell you to brake - DONT. Simply lift off the throttle and turn in early, trying to hug left barrier and gradually increase throttle (note that gradually means different gradients of gradually depending on the corner exit and your speed) to line up the second S-Turn. Accelerate and stay in 4th (if you really nail those last two turns you might have enough speed to need to upshift to 5th to avoid redlining) until you hit the braking area. downshift to 3rd and brake 100% until you begin the turn and slight feathering of the brake until you're straight. Aim to be in the middle of the road, erroring ever so slightly to the right than left side of the road as you come up to the left exiting the S-Turn (far right stays wet whole race and if you turn ever-so-slightly late, you won't have any grip and will either slam into right wall or you brake to the point of nearly stopping). If I nail the turn-in, I'll accelerate and upshift to 4th before lifting off throttle to start turn and then 50ish% throttle hugging the left wall. If not, I'll stay in 3rd through the middle of the turn before upshifting to 4th.

Gun it all the way to final hairpin. I use the braking zones as previously mentioned, so I don't know the distance to brake, but if you're using the zones, brake about 2-3 meters after the suggested spot. Downshift to 2nd gear (I never use 1st in this car) timing it up so that when you make the turn you're off the brake and throttle (using taps for either brakes if needing it to turn more or throttle if turning too much). Super gradually increase throttle once your facing straight, keeping to the left dry area and DO NOT hit the curb on the left turn. This car's rear will definitely swing out otherwise.

Well, if you're still reading LOL, hopefully this can help you with some strategy.

Edit: here is my janky iPhone pic of the tune. If you’ve never used the Alpine for this track, and first time tuning it, certain settings have to be exact and only the exact bolt ons shown can be used. Tires need to be stock ones. I showed gears, but used the 330 km/hr settings and changed 5th gear only - I think lol.

A61283E7-BAE2-4F38-826A-A90BE148D615.jpeg
9615F172-051D-4300-97B7-69BFEAD8E2AA.jpeg
13FC55AF-6594-40C0-B22A-62F9DE27DFC1.jpeg

Last edited:
So I’m thinking I like the two pit stop strategy the most! Pitting end lap 5, just tires and end lap 9 tires and fuel.

If you want to get the absolute lowest time, the 1-stop end lap 7 is probably the only way to hit the 24:30-24:45 range.

Got a penalty on lap 5, did two pit stops, and finished with RT of 25:00.186. Best part of two pits is the lap times you can set on laps 11 & 12! 2-3 days ago my FL was 1:57.2xx and since then I’ve gotten lower than that probably 12-14 times (maybe extending 5th gear did the trick?). As in my post higher up, I had set new FL of 1:55.800 and had gotten low 1:56’s few times.

Shattered old FL just now by 1.149 seconds! New FL 1:54.651!!!
6EC33CC9-8624-4199-AE5A-BA08971AC284.jpeg

I'm gonna have to give your tune a go - realising yesterday that we can play with the settings and stay under 600pp changed my life! I bumped rear ARB up 1, a little less rear toe out, and increased intiial tq on the LSD to 19 (I think)... so much less edgy on the throttle through corners now.

I'm gonna have to give your tune a go - realising yesterday that we can play with the settings and stay under 600pp changed my life! I bumped rear ARB up 1, a little less rear toe out, and increased intiial tq on the LSD to 19 (I think)... so much less edgy on the throttle through corners now.
By up, do you mean from 8 to 9 or 8 to 7? I'll play with initial torque and see how I like the feel - I haven't tinkered with diff settings since June. But, typically I like initial tq around 5-10 (although I typically like brake diff higher, like 35, but much prefer 15 on this car/track). And ran a race with countersteer turned off from weak - yeah, it's definitely verrrry helpful with this car/track, especially lap 1. TC-0 - forget about it lol

By up, do you mean from 8 to 9 or 8 to 7? I'll play with initial torque and see how I like the feel - I haven't tinkered with diff settings since June. But, typically I like initial tq around 5-10 (although I typically like brake diff higher, like 35, but much prefer 15 on this car/track). And ran a race with countersteer turned off from weak - yeah, it's definitely verrrry helpful with this car/track, especially lap 1. TC-0 - forget about it lol
This was before I saw the screenshots of your tune, so I was just going from the base tune - so up to 6 from 5. Initially I put front and rear up to 6 and went to 749pp so i put front back down and stopped there, lol. After looking at it again last night I didn't change the rear toe out - again, I think I looked at it and it went to 749pp, so I put it back.

I find with the higher initial tq and TC 1 I can plant the throttle out of the hairpin, and don't have to back off through the left-hand kink just after - wheelspin is virtually gone (although the TC feels really strong on lap 1 through the first couple of turns). My lap times aren't anywhere near yours though - I'm getting the odd 1.58... I might need to try countersteer assist as well.

This latest update/patch seems to have broken this tune. The PP is no longer under 600 anymore, it's over 700PP. :crazy:
Edit: Just checked, it even blew the 2J's tune out to over 700PP on CM's.

Last edited:
They patched it up long time ago, hence the original post has been updated with the new best choice of car, Alpine A220. But I did not buy that car when it was available in Legendary car dealer, now I cant find this car any more. The next choice is Chaparral 2J '70, which you can get after acquiring all Gold in Mission The sun also rises, but I'm stuck with two submissions. Someone suggested the 3rd best car earlier, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '19, which I tried. But I can't get the hang of it. Very fast on straight line but not as good when driving on curves. Also I had to re-fuel twice which sent me back to the end of the queue in the end (I drive on Auto)

Last edited:
They patched it up long time ago, hence the original post has been updated with the new best choice of car, Alpine A220. But I did not buy that car when it was available in Legendary car dealer, now I cant find this car any more. The next choice is Chaparral 2J '70, which you can get after acquiring all Gold in Mission The sun also rises, but I'm stuck with two submissions. Someone suggested the 3rd best car earlier, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '19, which I tried. But I can't get the hang of it. Very fast on straight line but not as good when driving on curves. Also I had to re-fuel twice which sent me back to the end of the queue in the end (I drive on Auto)
Now let's see if they also patched the Alpine glitch.

They also patched the 2J on CM's. It's no longer under 600PP.
And the corvette ZR1,no more 1000hp.lol
A lot of the cars i use on tokyo have jumped to just over 600pp as well. 👍I bet the AI wont have there PP nerfed. :lol: We`ll never know anyway.

Last edited:
Man I hope they don't bump the PP on my legit 600PP Lancia.

Also, anyone who has a 787B on 700PP before, does that get bumped too ?

Last edited:
Back