"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments

This guy must be proud of his win.

Bit annoying as I started P2.. P20 by first half of lap 1, then nearly got a win. Nearly.

They are an idiot for sure. However you helped by turning away giving them an easier push. If you held you line it would be more likely they would have pit manoeuvred themselves. But still doesn't take away from their stupidity.

Last edited:
They are an idiot for sure. However you helped by turning away giving them an easier push. If you held you line it would be more likely they would have pit manoeuvred themselves. But still doesn't take away from their stupidity.

Will try that next time :) Actually the 2nd time it's happened recently, I turned away that time too. I stupidly thought he may be a sporting chap:ouch:

Will try that next time :) Actually the 2nd time it's happened recently, I turned away that time too. I stupidly thought he may be a sporting chap:ouch:

dont-trust-anybody.jpg

Urgh, it is so freaking hard to get this 911 stopped. I feel like I need to get on the brakes in middle of the first sector to make it through Dunlop. Put another car anywhere near you and you can add a bunch to that.

I’m going to be focusing on Race C this week. I like this combo and had some great results the last time it came up. My first order of business was to beat my old qualifying time to see how much faster I am as compared to then. I managed to beat my old time by 1.4 seconds. This was on the medium tires as that was what I qualified on last time.

I switch over to the softs and turn in a 1:28:8XX for now. Once I can get consistent with the entry angle into the esses, I can knock off a bunch of time. I’m scrubbing way too much speed on entry. I haven’t looked at any lap guides yet, but I’ll get to them tomorrow. Also, I’ll never do it in a race, but I managed to go through the Chicane of Death flat out a few times. That was an adventure to say the least.

Man 3 races at seaside and 3 times I was run off the road. Not intentionally but some absolute bone head moves.

A) guy exits pits, takes defensive line into t2 and I have a guy on a slower tire I just passed in my tow so i gotta get past. So I risk it and take wide line through 2 and he misses the apex, in the sand I go.

B) guy dive bombs by me, hits guy in front of me into the hairpin, gets all crossed up into the cod and I collect the wall

C) my personal favorite. An imbecile tries to pass me into the cod, like really dude????? You have a massive straight coming. Idiot.

Anyways, race pace seems ok, especially on the mediums.

To matters worse, all 3 times I was in a strong position, either about to pit or had pit and gained a spot or two on the mediums so was set for a good result each time.

Qualy wise, interesting as my best ever effort in qualifying was last time we ran this combo, despite messing up turns 2 and 3 i ran a 28.1 after leaving nothing on the table after that. This time, on softs, ran a 27.6 and optimal is 27.2. Just not tying the lap together but the low 27 is there.

I tried the mediums and man, my s1 was about 2 tenths off last time as I can beat it but after turn 3, ita all over, even when I ran a really nice lap I am 2 to three tenths per sector off my time I ran here last time.

I think the Nissan is better than the Lexus in draft on C race if I remember right.
My apologies to the b s rooms earlier, I’m just passing through.
I used Lexus. I was on pole, all fired up, twice but after turn 1 I was way up.
Turned the same time in both cars at 26.7.
Shared the laps under tpc. Pretty much optimal for me. Anymore would be overdoing it.
Good luck this week on C. I went out on softs for 7, myself…

Done for the week, heading to the coast today.

Finished with a few races on my NA alt, first a C, where I dropped my QT to 27.3 by setting the BB to +3 and holding a gear higher in T1/2 and the snorkel. It also helped me go flat out through COD.
In race I went S7 and briefly was at P2 but hit the cod going flat and finished p8.

So a race B as a finish, Mustang it is, making 3 spots before Pouhone, one more before busstop then a guy hits me hard in the rear and I get 4 seconds.
Pressing on, then the same guy and someone I suspect is a EMEA alt goes at it and blocks my way. And that gives me 2 se onds.
Again catching up on last lap, the other EMEA alt is in inside on the last lap and presses me off. Then he miss his brake marker and hits the wall so I finish ahead.
When I ask why he did that I get "I was on the inside".....
This mentality is killing the game.

First race, couldn't get by the 650S. Got me a .5 at Eau Rouge, on the last lap and the Supra gets my spot at the finish.
E36XctPVEAAbB0v

Only way to pass, is to qualify high as possible. Set another time .7 faster. Started P5 a head of the Huracan and 650S from my previous race. Left the Lambo, but the chicane start put me nearly 2 seconds behind the leaders. Good thing the Ferrari & Lamborghini decided to fight on the last lap. Allowed me to close in enough, to scoop that penalty spot. Done for the night.
E36Wwn3UYAAYsLU

E36W18ZVEAEpy0-

Once I can get consistent with the entry angle into the esses, I can knock off a bunch of time. I’m scrubbing way too much speed on entry. I haven’t looked at any lap guides yet, but I’ll get to them tomorrow. Also, I’ll never do it in a race, but I managed to go through the Chicane of Death flat out a few times. That was an adventure to say the least.

I did a few qualifying laps last night & also could run through the CoD flat out on the softs. It's a nice feeling. But, I wasn't able to squeeze a race in.

Qualy wise, interesting as my best ever effort in qualifying was last time we ran this combo, despite messing up turns 2 and 3 i ran a 28.1 after leaving nothing on the table after that. This time, on softs, ran a 27.6 and optimal is 27.2. Just not tying the lap together but the low 27 is there.

I was being a funny man & running my qually laps in the '08 GT-R & I also couldn't string a solid lap together. But, the week is young & so are many of the drivers. :lol:

Well, I got me an IOTW clip. Next race C, had a bumper car session on lap 1, but things smoothed out. Last couple of laps, I'm playing cat & mouse with an NSX. Every time I pull alongside, dude wants to push me wide. Then has the nerve to say "It clean racing". Just because the system doesn't penalize you for it doesn't make it clean.

Last edited:
Is GTBlade busted? Still shows NGP from last week for me.

Also is it just me or do the softs feel weird again, i mean there is more grip but I swear I am more consistent on the Mediums and likely to make an error on the softs.

I've made a few uncharacteristic mistakes on the softs. Likely just in your head. The soft tires make you feel like a hero, so you push harder. The tires don't give much warning when they cross the threshold for maximum grip. Then you're left looking like a chump.

Is GTBlade busted? Still shows NGP from last week for me.

Also is it just me or do the softs feel weird again, i mean there is more grip but I swear I am more consistent on the Mediums and likely to make an error on the softs.
Mine was doing the same earlier, now showing my Q time from Fuji.

I was being a funny man & running my qually laps in the '08 GT-R &

That car is great to drive.

I think I figured it out. The softs have enough grip to throw the car off balance past the point of the grip of the tires. It amplifies mistakes enough to upset itself and the regroup after the slide exacerbates it.
Tcs is our friend.

Last edited:
I actually think i know what it is. I use the D-pad so my style is line up, aim and fire. On the softs the car is more likely to bite down and turn in earlier than i think so I am open to errors both ways, too tight or too wide. On the mediums, i am pretty unlikely to turn in too early.

How are ya all able to drive the Mustang and set such times at SPA? I can't get the thing to turn in and it understeers for me. I am doing some laps with the Beetle now. SPA is one of my better circuits, so I hope for some good races there.

DTS with GR2's is fun!!

Maybe Spa in real life is amazing. Online though, this games been my first exposure to it and I don’t see the attraction.
Brands Willow Nurb GP Bathurst Seaside Gardens are all far superior for online imo.
Spa is follow the leader then punt paradise at the big brake areas.
I bet in real life it’s amazing tho.
I know I am in the minority on this opinion.

Maybe Spa in real life is amazing. Online though, this games been my first exposure to it and I don’t see the attraction.

Yeah nah, no. Other than the bus stop it is an immense piece of race track, every corner has a place and naturally flows to the next. We get big stops, ultra fast s section, slow s section, tonnes of elevation change, on camber, off camber, high speed turns, double apex turn, it is wonderful.

Big Willow, i have nfi how anyone turns a lap there, despise it.

Brands Willow Nurb GP Bathurst Seaside Gardens are all far superior for online imo.
Spa is follow the leader then punt paradise at the big brake areas.
I bet in real life it’s amazing tho.
I know I am in the minority on this opinion.

Yeah nah, no. Other than the bus stop it is an immense piece of race track, every corner has a place and naturally flows to the next. We get big stops, ultra fast s section, slow s section, tonnes of elevation change, on camber, off camber, high speed turns, double apex turn, it is wonderful.

I have to side with @NevilleNobody on this one. I'm not going to argue that it is the BEST race track out there, but it is in the top tier. It is a phenomenal place to visit too :P - the elevation change has to be seen to be believed.
-------

I don't know how much I can stick it out at Fuji this week - even if I can nail down the two big braking points (I'm 1/2 so far), there will always be someone who doesn't.

My first daily race for a while and....I really like Daily Race C! Viable pit window spans a load of laps so there's lots of jostling and opportunities for undercuts/fresh tyres at the end. Glad there's no fuel saving required for this!

You guys have serious pace but man, what a cluster of decision making, missed apexes and dive bombs.

It is interesting to see how some of us regard certain tracks. Personally, in game, Spa is uninspiring to me. I'm not saying that I won't take a spin around it & may still race more this week. Big Willow on the other hand, is exhilarating. One mistake & your race is over because you're building sandcastles. While it's disparaging to enjoy a race being ruined by one mistake (especially with the driving standards we have today), but it teaches you how you need to attack the track in order to win.

That's the same with Spa. Biggest problem are gaps at the start. When we have the Grid Start with SF19s, it's an amazing experience. Same with GR.2. GR.4 does pretty well due to the variety of drivetrains/performance of the various cars.
This week's races are good in the GR.3, but the cars are too far from the leaders. One solution, if you do a Custom Race rolling start, the race starts way back from the chicane. That's what PD should have programmed. I wouldn't want Grid Start for this one. Too many knuckleheads I know that would ruin a race for players. Two were in my races back to their old tricks. Made sure to qualy way ahead of them.

Back