"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 9, 2020.

1. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Tried 2 races at N24 yesterday. I won't be running that particular combo any more this week. The combination of my unfamiliarity with the track and a penalty system that sees me lose SR just by getting clipped by people bouncing off barriers or careering off the grass means it's nothing but frustration.

I'm having a much better time in Race B. The TT is not as dominant at Sardegna C2 as it is elsewhere and I've so far been competitive in the Jag, the Huracan, the WRX and the Vantage. There are also people doing well in the Corvette, McLaren and even one brave soul in the AMG. My qualy time is a 56.6 and this generally puts me in the bottom couple of spots in the front half of the grid. You need to watch for divebombers at turn 1 but otherwise the racing is clean. Overall though, I'm not doing a lot of overtaking just staying consistent and waiting for the cars ahead to get it wrong. I feel like the closer you get to the front of the grid, the more boring the racing will be.

Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  2. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

1:32.594 for Race A with the Integra and brake balance at -5. I can still get about a tenth quicker but given that PD somehow managed to make the penalty system even worse, I'm not going to race my main account so the qualifying time doesn't really matter.
    I will do last to first challenges on my alt account, some I will livestream and I will make a best of compilation video.

Dairyworker, Pigems and e1978 like this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

Any word on next week's races? Think I'm done. :lol: Nothing bad happened. Just think I'm done for the week. Need new combos. :lol:

crusselz, barak181, GT8598 and 9 others like this.
  4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

Just tried a quali for Race B... I don’t think I’ve EVER done this track in this direction/layout... just zero memory of it!

maybe I just repressed it all? :)

Ha! Now trying a no-quali Race C... and starting 7/17! I guess nobody has bothered with the 8 min quali lap yet

EDIT: Well that was an absolute ****fest

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  5. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

You must be in the Americas. I saw the same there. In EMEA I haven't been in a race with any no-qualifiers since yesterday

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  6. Raptor013

Raptor013

What on earth was he thinking? Please tell me he at least got a penalty for that.

7. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

No penalty for anybody which was nice, you don't punt somebody like that then brake to not pass. I'm sure he tried giving me space but touched the grass. It's optimistic to stick your nose in there but the Porsche has no straight line speed so you have to get creative.

Pigems likes this.
  8. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

Asia, but I’m down in the SR C dumps at the moment...

And still there after Race C!

I’m going to go play something with less ramming, like Wreckfest.

9. I love V10

I love V10

dont want to create a thread for this. Quick question. What if I will make it to Top16 superstars (lol) and they will find out that I am playing from different counrty/region psn account? I am russian but playing from US account.

Pigems likes this.
  10. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Possibly a ban. While I haven't heard of anyone getting the ban for doing T16 on a different region, PD has taken action against people using more than one account for FIA.

I remember someone using two or three accounts for FIA Manufacturer, and those accounts got banned.

Edit 1: NA Top 16 are also usually the same people, so seeing a new face there would definitely make you as suspicious as venting from electrical.
    In other words, please don't do it.

11. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Honestly, that’d be pretty dirty to come from out of region and take a T16 spot from someone. If your that good, do it in your own region, and don’t take a spot away from someone who’s been working hard for it over here. You might be taking away someone’s one and only chance at a T16 race.

12. I love V10

I love V10

but how would they know how many accounts I have?

13. NoStopN

NoStopN

If you signed up both accounts with the same real name, that's one way.

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  14. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

If they found out that one guy was using multiple accounts for FIA, then there's a way that they can potentially tell someone is multi-accounting.
    But that's just my guess, I don't know much about the inner workings of the game.

barak181, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  15. Pigems

Pigems Premium

They would also know how many accounts use that same IP address wouldn’t they?

barak181 and dlshearon like this.
  16. I love V10

I love V10

understandable. I still play GTS from my original RUS account. I am just wondering, if it will happen, how would they react to having russian playing under US flag?

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  17. NoStopN

NoStopN

Yes, they can.

dlshearon, I love V10 and Pigems like this.
  18. Pigems

Pigems Premium

No one would know in the race, you would have an NA flag. It’s just a moral thing, for you to get in, someone deserving of the spot from here, wouldn’t.

dlshearon and I love V10 like this.
  19. ASH32

ASH32

Yes don't play with an account from another region in the FIA races (daily/weekly race is no issue), it's not the right thing to do, you spoil it for all the genuine competitors. Plus don't you have to register to access the top 16 race anyway, how are you going to do that with false details?

Of course you'll get banned (potentially all your accounts) anyway even if you somehow get away with it all at first, so it's not even worth doing it.

:gtplanet::cheers:

DelboyD, barak181, dlshearon and 3 others like this.
  20. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Somebody in Europe got banned for entering two accounts so they could switch manufacturer. They can see what console you're playing on and where it is. I can see the temptation to race in a easier region but it's best to avoid the FIA events all together, it's not worth it when you get found out.

If the top 16 races are like the top 24 used to be you can just not enter and the next ranked player in the queue will take the slot.

21. I love V10

I love V10

thanks guys.
    My intention to switch regions coming from desire to reset my stats. I created US account just to have PSnow since its not available in RUS store. Thanks once again.
    I think I will just wait for GT7 FIA seasons to start worrying about my stats again. :) I am hoping we will start from the scratch.

22. MattDalton

MattDalton

Has anyone else noticed that the network disconnection seems to be causing the daily mileage to not be recorded? I’ve done 3 daily race 3 this morning but it’s showing 33.6km! Yesterday I had a total of 212.8km but I did at least 7 races so that’s a minimum of 350km before factoring in qualifying and warm ups, etc

23. Famine

Famine Administrator

It will, yes. Daily workout mileage is only recorded when connected.

24. MattDalton

MattDalton

Well that’s annoying!

25. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Race C is worth little SR, one SR down and it's all gone. I'm already down to SR B from S after 1 race. Two BS penalties at the start, pinballed between other cars entering Mercedes and 3 secs for hitting a lagged car around Carraciola that was moving at speed and immediately stopped on my PoV. I generally find SR S 99 lobbies filled with high egos, cutthroat and chaotic so I don't mind being down here.

26. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

The problem is we’re not actually disconnected. There’s something going wrong with connection detection at the end of a race as there is no point where network connection is actually lost.

27. Raptor013

Raptor013

Okay, fair enough, didn't notice that the Toyota backed out after the contact.

28. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Gee 3rd week n a row with basically no racing for me. Some of that is my fault for not being any good at Suzuka or Alsace but the Gt3 at Sardegna was tough to actually race, last week was blank and now the Group 4 at Sardegna is again, virtually no racing. The lap is quite fun but hard to actually race.

jad866, Groundfish and Pigems like this.
  29. Groundfish

Groundfish

Good morning friends.

I think I enjoy C race. Jmo car choice is so important as is patience when starting last.
    Using the Uber stable forgiving curb eating m6 is like...Well...A big gun...

I noticed a few folks using the 911, but to me that is sort of a BB gun in the hands of an average Joe...

Well anyways I reccomend stability, speed, and tcs3...lmao but I feel like this wizard...
    I try to warn folks about the dangers but they never listen...

Have fun out there!

30. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I am with you in this. I wasn't enjoining the first race of the day, got knocked around too much but I jumped in the Viper with TCS2 and where patient. Got me on the podium from 13th.