• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Here's a detailed view of the "new" daily races:

E300XstWUAMspsp

E300YAOXwAES5df

E300YMbX0AArhzd

E300YdvWUAEez1_

E300ZSHWQAMg96l

Just did a daily race C. Pace is intense. I think it’s stay out as long as you want on softs because they stick so well even when worn. Same for the mediums too. I think it’s just going to be a race of attrition from COD and general dirty driving. These tires stick too well too really take advantage of people missing apexes and the like

want to solidify my A on the main acct and build up the alt to an A this week. Also sucks because both FIA races this week are pretty good. Looks like a busy week

Last night, I had my had my 149th daily race win and my 158th win in Sport Mode overall. It was in Daily Race A, which featured the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ, the latter of which I had used.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210613225118.jpg

About two hours later, I entered Daily Race B and had my second podium at Spa in Sport Mode As well as my first one in a daily race.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210614002206.jpg

Last edited:
Well tried race C and that was terrible, some idiot braked then swerved in front of me at the corner after esses before COD. Lost 2 places and 2 secs, dropping me down to 14th, I they spin on final corner and the slam into the second to last guy because he braked a mile too early (usually I'd say I'm to blame, but I'm in lobbies where early braking might be expected, but that was noob early) again 2 secs. I then COD myself a few times and when I catch up get pushed off . Last on track and just terrible, but at least no dirty drivers, just the bad and stupid. Still I tried 5M/8S and surprisingly it worked, might not if I was really on the pace, but definitely an option if needed. I am getting better with tyres, but still not great.
Onto B and 1st quali get pen and not much time so reset, get pen in last sector so starting from the back....hey I suck here so that might have happened anyway. ****y race and got into it with a faster guy who spun and thought it was OK to use my car as steering. I really can't get that track though. I would need to practice here loads and don't like it enough for that to happen, so maybe I should just avoid races here.
Porches at Fuji just doesn't appeal, but I might try it later on.

A really strange race C, Q4 and get a good start, in 2nd coming to esses when idiot tries to push me off, I save it but back to 4th. Lap 2 they both muck up approaching COD and I get 2nd. 2 laps down and I'm already 10 secs behind leader and he's fast, but everyone behind has had issues so by lap 3 I've got over 6 secs and just cruise round slowing for COD and by 6 when I pit I'm 8 up and 15 down. Ended up 13 up from the guy behind and 24 behind the leader who for some reason was on softs all though even though he had time to change at the end and win. Cheap victory and a CRB, don't think I've done a CRB at Seaside before.

At least with race A being a recycle, I'll be able to see how much I've improved since the start of March when I picked up the game and the Porsches at Fuji was the race A that week.

Last edited:
At least with race A being a recycle, I'll be able to see how much I've improved since the start of March when I picked up the gamer and the Porsches at Fuji was the race A that week.
I tried, but couldn't get the thing stopped or round a corner. Not my idea of fun, so I quit before it started.

Just finished my first Race C for the week. Did about 30 miinutes of qualifying and managed a 27.3. Wasn’t sure where that would start me. Lobby loads and I’m pole. Uh oh, I don’t know any strategy, and I’ve got a couple of quick guys in Q2 and 3. I figure I’ll start on softs so I don’t have to guess when to pit and when the 3 behind me get past I’ll follow them to try and keep good pace.

Anyway, after 2 laps I’m still in front by about 2 seconds and 3rd has dropped off by 8 seconds. I figure I’m on softs, P2 is probably on meds so I guess I’ll try and gap p3 by as much as possible to avoid getting swamped on the last couple of laps. Run 7 laps on the softs, they’re not great but not terrible. I pit still 3 seconds in front of P2 who also comes in and was also on softs.

Now I’m nervous. I’ve done no practice on mediums and there’s a chance for my 91st win. Get lucky with my braking point guesses and P2 is still holding around 1.5 to 2 seconds behind. Lap 9 into the COD and he’s under a second. BANG! He hits the wall! I start lap 10 10 seconds in front. Cue crazy nerves everywhere as I fight an internal battle about how conservative to be. In the end I settle on a rhythm and P2 makes no more ground. Pole to the line for my 91st win!

I might be one and done for Race C this week :dopey:

Last edited:
Porsches at Fuji again? Are they doing this on purpose? :grumpy:

If you're going to throw the same paper slips you've already pulled out back into the hat, at least pull some good ones, like Fiat 500s at Miyabi, or try some new ones? Why couldn't it be pickup trucks? C'mon maaaan...

I don't think the penalty system is all that far off, they just need to find a way to cut out the heavy side contact. I cannot remember the last time i was passed cleanly, it's guys just chucking it up the inside and using my car to make to the corner, not always overly aggressive but if i am not there, they don't get ANYWHERE near the apex.

Last week the left after the esses at NGP was chronic, guys chucked it in at that corner and pushed me wide off track so they a) gain a spot and b) take the corner faster as they make their apex rather than running wide as they would without me there. This is the big weak spot at the moment and can see this being an issue at Seaside on the right before the larini hill.

Last edited:
First time back in the dailies for a while, managed to bag 4th in top 10 times for my region in race A and then picked up my 100th win at Spa. HAPPY DAYS!

View attachment 1017529 View attachment 1017530 View attachment 1017531

Lmao nice bottom photo!

Edit I finished up last night in my M6. I was running 7-3 8-2 soft to med.
Recovered from reset to B S. I’m sure I will run Seaside, but going to keep the DR a little down. Gives the pen advantage…

Tried Race C - managed to take over a full second off my previous best with a 1:27.5ish. Started on Pole on softs and had a clean first half to the lap, while those behind seemed to get a bit messy - I ended up with a 17 second lead after 2 laps! Pitted on lap 6 after P2 and P3 pitted, also on softs. Rejoined in the lead and kept a 15 second gap til the end - I even had the luxury of coasting through the Chicane Of Death for almost the whole race :)

Love Spa and hate Spa - fun to drive but I'm just soooo slooooowwwww

I wish it hadn't been Porsches on Race A :crazy:

I don't think the penalty system is all that far off, they just need to find a way to cut out the heavy side contact. I cannot remember the last time i was passed cleanly, it's guys just chucking it up the inside and using my car to make to the corner, not always overly aggressive but if i am not there, they don't get ANYWHERE near the apex.

Last week the left after the esses at NGP was chronic, guys chucked it in at that corner and pushed me wide off track so they a) gain a spot and b) take the corner faster as they make their apex rather than running wide as they would without me there. This is the big weak spot at the moment and can see this being an issue at Seaside on the right before the larini hill.

Agreed. SO MANY times last week, someone just bumped me right out of the way because I left 1 or 2 feet of asphalt between myself and the kerb. It got to the point where I was looking for them to get a penalty so I could at least catch up and pay them back. Nope...nothing.

I did one more C on my Euro acct before it switched over and it was classic. Qualified 2nd, p16 by end of lap 1 :lol:. Just car after car using me as their brakes, their kerbs, their bowling pins....whatever they needed really. it was almost comical. People were complaining a lot when the penalty system was suuuuuuuper sensitive. But I knew it at least encouraged clean racing. I knew I would miss it when it was gone

A really strange race C, Q4 and get a good start, in 2nd coming to esses when idiot tries to push me off, I save it but back to 4th. Lap 2 they both muck up approaching COD and I get 2nd. 2 laps down and I'm already 10 secs behind leader and he's fast, but everyone behind has had issues so by lap 3 I've got over 6 secs and just cruise round slowing for COD and by 6 when I pit I'm 8 up and 15 down. Ended up 13 up from the guy behind and 24 behind the leader who for some reason was on softs all though even though he had time to change at the end and win. Cheap victory and a CRB, don't think I've done a CRB at Seaside before.

So, for being that much faster than the rest of the field, the leader still took the minute penalty? What is wrong with people? :confused:

Mustang is no joke. Quick, fast, get on the power early. Stable, mid-range punch is glorious.

I still feel like they tweaked the handing some months ago. Been back to it's old winning ways.

I might be one and done for Race C this week :dopey:

Booooooo!!! :lol: I'll likely be living on the beach this week.

One or two stops in Race C. Whats the better option?

One should be all you need.

Last edited:
Yeah a shame they borked the stops because it made a stopper somewhat viable in the past. Not ideal but you could swing it. I would use the harder tyre, pit after a lap, hot lap like crazy, pit again then i've jumped half the field and i am on fresh rubber.

My big issue with the stang, which i used to use quite a bit a year or so ago, is I will put in a really good lap them i grab the AMG and relentlessly go faster.

Last edited:
I still feel like they tweaked the handing some months ago. Been back to it's old winning ways.
Must have. Watched all my replays from Nurb GP and the three Spa races(including the video I posted). It's been a total "BOSS" since I jumped back in it.
To add, it was beating up the Sciroccos at Sardegna. I'd been the only RWD in most my races. Maybe about three or four races had one other RWD.

Last edited:
A bit of a frustrating night with some highlights.
Looks like my bet of it being the Porsche battle paid off, but I get no money for it sadly.
It was a fun race though. Started P7. I was a bot cautious into turn 1 and everyone behaved, however I somehow didn't slow enough and went wide onto the Astro. Car started to slide but I held it and was down to DFL. The a Frenchman in a blue 993 found 100R tricky and I went back past. Then he went bowling into Dunlop. A couple of people had penalties and I passed them on the straight. I slowly worked my way up the field. Lap 2 and the Frenchman tries a @GOTMAXPOWER trademark move. Who does it better?

There was some barging but for once I wasn't on the receiving end. Last lap and I am in 5th, and 3rd and 4th are having a ding dong. I sneak under them through Advan, but predictably they barge each other through into Dunlop, I give space to avoid being hit. I can see it all going south before the end and it does. They battle through Panasonic giving me a better exit. I get alongside 3rd place and they start to turn into me. They give up when I stand my ground and I pull clear. However 6th also got a better run and closes the gap on the other side of the track. I rock in my chair as it gives extra speed and only just make it 0.000 seconds ahead to grab 3rd!
20210614_175131.jpg

8224228297783936016_0.jpg

Race B. I only had time to set 1 lap and mucked up Eu Rouge. For some reason I cannot take it flat out so got a penalty.
So into the race DFL and I am a second down by the time I exit La Source. When I brake for Les Combes I see the cars ahead do the lag slide. I glance at my connection and it says 4 green bars. However leaving Malmedy it drops to 1 red. Uh Oh. Heading towards the banner before Fanges and the game freezes for a second and I get discoed. Had one in FIA ages back but everyone in the slot did too. Never had one in a race before even when I have dropped to 1 bar. Everything seemed slow so I checked the network connection on the PS4. 4mbps. That'll do it. I quickly booted my laptop and checked the speed. 25mbps. Is the PS4 adaptor worse than a computers? Is it more effected by the heat we are having?
I reset the PS4 and it all seemed o.k. and I went into Race C.

Was surprisingly 5th on the grid. Got a good start and 2 ahead went wide so I was up to 3rd. Not bad I thought. I could see 1st and 2nd having a battle entering the COD so I held back incase it got messy. It did but for me. Going through slower meant I stupidly turned in too early. Bang, inside barrier knock to outside barrier, spin and face the wrong way. If I hit the COD this is how I do it, every damn time.
Down to 18th and DFL. Thankfully I seemed to have more pace than those ahead so recovered past them quickly. A German was recovering into the COD. They unghosted at the wrong time but moved over as they recognised the closing speed. I got past a Greek into the final turn as they went deep. I knew they would go for the move into the first chicane. But they did a me. They broke too much in the attempt to overtake allowing me to hold position. But between the apexes they hit me twice trying to put me off. I hip them in the right hander and they go for a trip to the beach. Well it is Dragon Trail Seaside after all. I pit lap 7 for my Meds and come out in 11th. (Such was my charge.) I'm right behind an Italian and coming out of Larini 2 I get a tank slapper. Luckily I keep it pointed forwards but the German from earlier goes past. I'm quicker than them and get under them coming out of Seaside hairpin and I'm on the inside for the first part of the COD. They pull out and slot in behind. Unfortunately I am a lap too short to pick off the Italian as I catch him at the final corner of the last lap. Still P10 is a good result considering Lap 1. Afterwards I thank the German for a clean race. (Idsnooze if anyone is interested. Seems to be very race savvy.) During this race I started on 4 bars which fell to 2, then 3 and back to 1 again. However this time the race was not effected and I spent 11 laps on 1 bar with no ill effect on my screen at least. If this continues then I will have to wait until the later slots for Nations when it is cooler. That is if the heat is an issue.

Back