"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 19, 2020.

1. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

Guess who started the race in reverse ?
    Btw this guy got me good and I'm pretty sure we've never tangled before,, couldn't see from his perspective because ofc i dd rage quit , maybe @roamingbard13 can assist , pretty sure you witnessed me murdered in 4k :D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 1:24 AM
  2. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

nah, launch edition PS4 here. I’ll check the replay for you though!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 1:31 AM
    Redneckchef, Pigems and KiepeYai like this.
  3. kungtotte_

kungtotte_

Side to side contact is a separate penalty setting and it's off by default when making a custom race/lobby. So I think it's off for official races too, which explains things like this.

Timm Sheehan and Pigems like this.
  4. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Side contact penalties are still on, it said I forced him off track. :lol:

That happened to me in my 2nd race tonight too, luckily I noticed it before the race started and got it back into 1st gear before the light went green.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 2:18 AM
    jad866, Tea_Leaves, KiepeYai and 4 others like this.
  5. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

These are the penalties that infuriate me. There’s a logic flaw in the code when it calculates whether a car is forced off the track. It also applied it to situations where the only car pushed off is yours and you get the penalty for forcing a car off.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 3:47 AM
  6. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

And this is a big part of how SR got totalled iny first race last night. Just incidental contact, like a car being slightly wiggly while we accelerate side by side out of a turn, SR down and one of us would get a penalty. Just so random since I got side slammed off at Arnage and apparently all was good.

I would imagine the most infuriating part is how really random the penalty system.is in applying the penalties. We are almost always guessing.

7. 05XR8

05XR8

Just had the worse dirty air moments by far. Anywhere close to the cars ahead in Race C and just loss of grip. I've only really experienced it this much in braking behind a car. Not so much like this in the corners. Especially the run under the Liqui Moly bridge. Had to keep backing off. Also, I had to feather the throttle at the ess before heading to the bowl turn around. Insane.

8. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Just had a penalty fest in race C. Trying to repair SR. Get blasted wide for penalties on lap 1. Trying to cruise through and get penalties because people ahead crash and bounce back onto track. Then a classic couple of late swerves. Cut the corner to dive inside and immediately cut in front in the braking zone. Even when I am braking early the sudden car in front means I've lost that space to brake. Sr B lobbies are :censored:.

Was hoping for a couple of quick ones, but if I keep getting blasted by idiots lap 1 it is going to be super slow ones trying to keep from getting lapped to simply avoid all the cars.

I hate people some times.:ouch:

9. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I repaired my SR last night, back at 99 from 76.
    Took me three C's to do so. On a Saturday night after FIA...
    There where clearly several people DUI'ing...
    I spend the first race in the same spot, to avoid contact and was at 92 after that. The second race I was content staying behind the guy in front, because it was probably the best matchmaked race I have ever been in. We spent 3 laps as a train, I couldn't make a move and he couldn't shake me off.
    Then the British guy in the Porsche ahead of his BMW and my Viper started blocking and swerving and hit his BMW.
    I actually got so annoyed that I went up on the inside of the Porsche at the final turn when he blocked the BMW and passed and he got unsettled and the BMW came by too.
    After that I kept pushing, forgetting all about SR rebuilding, moving up from my start as p13 to p5.
    Then I thought "why not go for FL, not out of reach"....
    Clipped the sausage curb in the esses.... You can't brake with two wheels high in the air....
    Spun and ended up as p9.
    With a blue S and SR 99.
    Mission accomplished.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 11:10 AM
  10. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

I am going to have to follow your lead @RacingGrandpa as I seem to be a moron magnet and not handling it well at the moment. Leaving plenty of space, like massive amounts, but still not enough room. And Any attempt to pass is met with brutal idiotic defense. I mean a guy tried to swerve to block me while ghosted from hitting the wall on the start finish straight. Why do I get an SR down for someone ramming me anyway?

Down to SR 20. Possible reset incoming. Only B driver in an otherwise straight D/C lobby.

EDIT- managed to figure it out, wait a lap while they destroy themselves and find some clear space after the carnage. 2 CRB and a mostly clean 1 except for an annoying track limit issue and back to SR 96. Good enough for me.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 9:57 AM
  11. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Yes, I always take it slow first lap to let the tires warm properly, especially the racing hard that PD loves so much.

Well, PD are distributing SR down for any contact, to both cars for not avoiding the contact. Also for contact with walls, for running off track etc etc.
    It's just that when you are rammed off he gets SR down for the contact while you get it once for the contact, again for running off and possibly once more for hitting a wall. And then probably a penalty to rub it in....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 11:15 AM
    Redneckchef, Timm Sheehan and Pigems like this.
  12. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

I have started that way on a few occasions and never figured out how I got into reverse - somehow I shifted it and not sure when. It is aggrivating but funny too.

Slot 1 race last night I had someone miss their braking and do the same thing to me but luckily I did not execute the chicane's right/left turns correctly and he went right across my nose with no contact. Sorry for your luck.

When you finish 10th in a field of 12 the end picture should post a large banner across the top saying something like "you survived the race - now learn how to drive!" or "You should have just ran this race and left the car in the pits!".

Last nights poor race A result:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201025021057.jpg

Good racing, no major incidents, very good side by side racing. I will probably try the TT Cup or Megane today and see if I can get a better finish.

Enjoy your racing!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020 at 4:20 PM
  13. barak181

barak181

I literally had a guy swerve to block me while he was still ghosting from his penalty! Not to mention several people bin it and swerve back onto the track as I'm passing them only to ram me and give me more SR down arrows. It has been brutally stupid the last several days. And literally impossible to repair the SR on my alt if I try to race at all. Then I remember that it's my alt and this is the reason that I created to account to begin with and push on ahead and destroy my SR some more.

I dunno, I might go ahead and stop racing and lap from the back just to see what this track is like at SR 99 today. Just to see how the other half lives, you know?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 2:28 PM
  14. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

Can someone please explain why Nurburgring 24hr Race C has not been on since November 2019 and why Blue Moon Bay Oval Gr3 is never on Race C and why the FWD Gr4 Race A Nurb 24hr is never on? Very concerning now its only ever Interlagos, Suzuka, Fuji-polis. I play games more in lockdown for fun. I do not play games to live in Polyphony Digitals world of Ground Hog Week Races. Did i mention the same weekly races? Ground-Hog-Weeks. Suku-Uji-Olis-Inter-Lago. Did i mention . . . . .

15. NoStopN

NoStopN

Doing some qualifying on my dark account & I didn't Hulk-smash the entire lap. Got the C race QT down under 2 minutes. Can't remember my previous times here, but it should help me get a good qualifying spot in these B/C rooms.

Edit: first race, starting second with a 2.3 second QT gap. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 5:02 PM
    RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  16. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

I witnessed someone getting exactly the same penalty :D
    And as @Timm Sheehan said , i think its a glitch where sometimes the reverse auto engages , not the first time it happened to me and probably not the last one,

Redneckchef, Timm Sheehan and Pigems like this.
  17. Lateralus5813

Lateralus5813

It's so unbalanced, you get SR down for nothing at Race A while Race C has been pretty forgiving for me. It's like completely different games.

I'm almost giving up and trying ACC.

18. barak181

barak181

Whelp, my alt account got suspended for 7 days for saying not nice things in post-race chat. Time for an alt-alt-account.

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  19. NoStopN

NoStopN

Theodore Roosevelt taught us an important lesson: Speak softly but carry a big stick! Save your comments for your front bumper.

Pigems, Redneckchef, 05XR8 and 3 others like this.
  20. barak181

barak181

Word.

21. fisheye

fisheye

This is when I switched to Race A only (To try something different as defense against cheaters)...
    Screenshot at 2020-10-18 08-17-23.png
    The faster you are, the more you get targeted.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 6:13 PM
    Pigems and Lateralus5813 like this.
  22. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

I deleted gt sport before. Rival rammed me ofd by undercutting me. I then got the penalty so been casual and having lockdown stress and wanting to de stress i went to ram the rival back but ghosting kicked in and protected the guilty. The usual rage quit and delete application then releases its a 102GB game. Am i re downloading it? Only if nurb 24hr gr3 and blue moon bay gr3 oval go back on race c. Then i will re downloaded. Kudosprime i shall keep checking lol

Pigems likes this.
  23. NoStopN

NoStopN

Is that the reason you switched to race A only or the result? :p:lol:

Oh the humanity! Getting faster in qualifying. Down to a 59.222 with a 58.8xx theoretical best. :banghead:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 6:29 PM
  24. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

Yeah, I run through a pre-race check list now while I am sitting there waiting for the go signal . . . TCS, BB, 1st Gear, radar view . . . have not been caught in reverse for a few weeks now.

Pigems likes this.
  25. fisheye

fisheye

It's like Republicans vs Democrats when you climb up the ladder. You get targeted by penalty cheaters. That 3rd drop in DR was one race... I was in 3rd place gaining on 1&2 who slowed down side by side with a clean shot for me through the middle. I took it and got sideswiped by both of them repeatedly as I passed through. Total setup.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 6:38 PM
    Pigems and HyperzCars like this.
  26. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

Had that myself. Stunts like that are appauling and they get no penaltys. I thought before if they are not stopping this behaviour then their own game and Sport Mode will loose everyone. That alone means Sony are allowing harrassment and bullying on their network. Also the FIA Rules been violated. Poor management and lack of due care of attention. GT Sport was the last Gran Turismo I buy. End of a era for a once flagship racer thats entering the end of the usual three to four year game lifespan.

Pigems likes this.
  27. NoStopN

NoStopN

I'm done for the moment. Had 3 races in C. I goofed up in all of them. Finished 6th & a pair of 4ths. Gained DR, but more importantly, gained SR. :tup:

Pigems likes this.
  28. kungtotte_

kungtotte_

Because I'm a nerd and I can't help myself I took a look at what tracks have been run as daily races as far back as week 1 of 2020 (these started on Dec 30th but for the most part ran in January). For these statistics I am counting different layouts and directions as separate tracks. E.g. Autopolis and Autopolis Short count as two different tracks, as does Lago Maggiore GP versus Lago Maggiore GP II.

So that's 43 sets of 3 for a total of 129 possible tracks to be run.

During 2020 we've run 46 different tracks. For those of you keeping score at home that means a whole lot of repetitions!

The top-10 most run tracks account for 45% of all the 129 daily tracks.

18 tracks were run only once.

28 tracks were run twice or more.

Out of those:

8 were run twice.

4 were run three times.

7 were run four times.

3 were run five times.

3 were run six times.

2 were run seven times.

1 track was run a whopping 8 times.

Let's try something fun: Try guessing which track was which out of the ones run the most times before you check the answers. See if your memory beats your confirmation bias. I'll give you a hint: this game is made by a Japanese developer, this seems to correlate with the frequency of the most-run tracks.

8 times: Autopolis
    7 times: Suzuka
    7 times: Fuji
    6 times: Tsukuba
    6 times: Spa-Francorchamps
    6 times: Brands Hatch GP
    5 times: Nurburgring GP
    5 times: Laguna Seca
    5 times: Interlagos
    4 times: South Outer Loop
    4 times: Red Bull Ring
    4 times: Nordschleife
    4 times: Monza
    4 times: Lago Maggiore GP
    4 times: Dragon Trail Seaside
    4 times: Big Willow
    3 times: Sardegna Road B
    3 times: Dragon Trail Gardens
    3 times: Catalunya
    3 times: Bathurst
    2 times: Sardegna Road A
    2 times: Lago Maggiore GP II
    2 times: Lago Maggiore East
    2 times: Goodwood
    2 times: Central Outer Loop
    2 times: Blue Moon Infield A
    2 times: Autopolis Short
    2 times: Alsace Village

Suzuka East
    Streets of Willow
    SSRX
    South Inner Loop
    Sardegna Road A II
    Sainte-Croix C II
    Monza (no chicane)
    Lago Maggiore Center
    La Sarthe (no chicane)
    La Sarthe
    Kyoto Yamagiwa+Miyabi
    Kyoto Yamagiwa
    Fuji Short
    East Outer Loop
    Dragon Trail Seaside II
    Central Inner Loop
    Blue Moon Speedway
    Alsace Village II

Here's the total count with the different layouts and directions of the same track combined into one:
    10 times: Autopolis
    9 times: Tokyo Expressway
    9 times: Lago Maggiore
    9 times: Nurburgring
    8 times: Dragon Trail
    8 times: Fuji
    8 times: Suzuka
    6 times: Brands Hatch GP
    6 times: Sardegna
    6 times: Spa-Francorchamps
    6 times: Tsukuba
    5 times: Big Willow
    5 times: Interlagos
    5 times: Laguna Seca
    5 times: Monza
    4 times: Red Bull Ring
    3 times: Alsace Village
    3 times: Bathurst
    3 times: Blue Moon Bay
    3 times: Catalunya
    2 times: Goodwood
    2 times: Kyoto
    2 times: La Sarthe

I didn't bother checking what cars were run as I feel that is kind of secondary, and it's less boring to run the same cars on different tracks than it is to run the same track over and over again.

Clearly PD needs to step up their game in their track selection! There aren't that many tracks that were never run, and many of them are layout versions of the ones that were already run, but they can stand to increase the frequency of the tracks that were only run once or twice. And looking through the data it was clear that the same track would reoccur several times within a few weeks, sometimes even the week after. Autopolis was race A one week and race C the following week for example. That's just shoddy, even if it's a good track or combo.

29. 05XR8

05XR8

I remember running the Miyabi short circuit in a Daily Gr.4. Broad Bean in Gr.3(I think that's when the Supra was the META). Reverse Infield A(?), the short Infield layout, in Gr.4.

I feel the cars do matter when making these daily races. We could run the same five tracks every week, but mixing the cars up, makes it interesting.

Nurburing 24H, Dragon Trail(pick any circuit), Kyoto+Miyabi long circuit, Bathurst, TokyoESOL, as examples.
    Just switch the cars up. SF19, W08, Group C, Gr.X classic cars(any of them), VGT race cars, N100-1000, GR.4, GR.3, GR.2, One Make Porsche 356, MX-5 TC, Ford vs Ferrari, etc.

The cars PD choose, really do have a lot of bearing on how the races transpire.

Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  30. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

It is such a trash move! I have run into the situation twice with the same driver but in different races (I remembered his PSN as it was so odd)! The first time I thought it was a freak thing, but, by the second time it was clearly on purpose as he did is move *after* mine. As the penalized driver was unghosting, I moved to avoid, and he moved into the path. His goal was to get a push-bump at my cost. It is infuriating as it does feel like it is in the spirit of the game.

I understand if the driver does an advance move to take the defensive line while ghosting. That's fair. The late-swerve push-bump thing is nonsense.

What do you guys think? Am I offbase here?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:49 PM
    Pigems and barak181 like this.