"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by The_Tullster, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Underthewhip

Underthewhip

Starting fifth on race B reallyb sucks. Almost facing backwards as deep as you can go in the chikane >.<

I see to start fifth every run this evening. Finishing last:0

2. O604

O604

Did my first race at Spa. Did OK. No points lost. Every time I drive by the finish, I'm like "I wonder what the Restaurant/Bar is like?" :lol:

Took a photo. Livery by @sturk0167. :tup:
    [​IMG]

3. Petroperu

Petroperu

Placed 4th on Spa.
    Let some scumbag pass me at the last chicane because he was just hitting me and got called trash.
    Ahhh the joy of online gaming.

sturk0167, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  4. sturk0167

sturk0167

For the record, the base color is salmon, and not pink. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019 at 9:46 PM
  5. O604

O604

Pretty sure it's peach. :lol:

[​IMG]

6. bone_tone

bone_tone

Don't know whether anyone else has had to, but I've just had to accept the revised Playstation Terms, and they quite clearly state:-

Do not use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional mechanics in Products or the PSN to get an advantage

7. Petroperu

Petroperu

Tried with the Vette.
    Spun twice.
    Massive pos.
    Sticking to the Megane.

8. sturk0167

sturk0167

That leaves a lot open to interpretation.

9. 250Cal

250Cal

I've spent quite a bit of time in there, it's very pleasant and the outdoor viewing area is great.

10. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

I'm a ninja ;). You know, you're going to nick a blood vessel if you keep picking your nose like that? I won't mention the other things I've seen you doing........ :lol:

Qualifying I was 3s a lap slower with the Trophy than the 'vette or Viper.

Yeh. It used to be nice to drive. I blame the Paris Hilton TT. I found the Corvette behaving very similarly :irked:.

11. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Got the M3 down to a 58.203 so far, gonna try Spa now and come back to it later. I like the combo, at least it’s “slightly” different. :lol:

12. Mc_Yavel

Mc_Yavel

Can you imagine the number of barriers PD have to put now:confused:

Just invalidate the freakin lap!:banghead:

13. Petroperu

Petroperu

Spa is amazing.
    Haven't had issues with DR down aside from losing time at the last chicane.

So far i've tried:
    The AMG-fast but fat. Lock the wheels too fast.
    The Porsche GT Cayman: Nice blend between speed and weight.
    The Corvette. Doesn't want to turn but rather spin its wheels.
    The Megane. Crazy nimble but loses speed on the straight.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:55 PM
    RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  14. O604

O604

Great. Now I'm going to be wondering if you're there every time I drive by. ;)

RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  15. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Got the Jag to a 29.0 so far, it feels kinda sluggish today.

dlshearon likes this.
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

Maybe "it" needs a Red Bull.

17. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Turns out, all it needed was a little more Lexus, 28.3 on the 2nd lap in the RC-F. :)

18. 250Cal

250Cal

Back end on the Lexus is pretty lively. Not much in it between it and the F-Type. BOP seems to offer up quite a few options in terms of a qually lap time. Not sure which is the best race weapon. Will have a dabble tomorrow.

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  19. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I ran 4 races at spa, the first 2 with a terrible QT. Came in 6th and then 11th. Put down a 30.5 in the jag, and qualified p3 and then p2.

P3 is a terrible place to start. Auto drive comes off with you facing away from the start/finish line. It gives a huge advantage to p1/2. Anyways, finished 3rd and 4th.

All the races have been clean, but no CRB because my dumb ass can’t figure out how to take Eau Rouge cleanly every time. I take a limits penalty every third lap it seems.

DR B with 3k gained over the races, and SR B. Should be SR A after the next race. Hope to see some of y’all out there tonight.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:34 PM
    dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

Depending on what time we get that Gr.4 Supra, might be able to get a qualy lap and race done before change over.

Pigems likes this.
  21. watto79

watto79

Managed 3 Race C's tonight. For some reason I always start immediately behind someone who either false starts so becomes a rolling road block, thinks TC off the start is beneath them so immediately lights up the rears and spins, or on one occasion does a @sturk0167 and starts in reverse. To be fair that last one worked out okay as they immediately ghosted but still.

It's a tough race with twitchy cars and dirty air but lots of fun to be had. I saw an EMEA alien do a mixed tyre no stop. Every lap was in the 1:30's and a 1:29 thrown in for good measure.

If I can improve my consistency I'll give that a go but have a long way to go.

@MaxAttack was in my last race with an impressive P3 starting on hards and pitting very early to get rid of them. It's nice to see a mix of strategies in play.

22. fisheye

fisheye

Race A: I kinda wish I could nudge the final gear ratio a bit higher.
    I found a cool feature/glitch during the warm up countdown... While still parked in the pits, hold the brakes and throttle down, release the brake when the counter is at about 2 seconds remaining, and turn full right.

Pigems likes this.
  23. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Cleared my cache and had no problems whatsoever with braking or steering.
    3 fun races at Spa, one Lexus no Qt, p15-p9, CRB, one in the Aston, no Qt, p14-p8, one Jag, p14-p7. I am DR D, SR A, trying to get back up. My times with the tree cars where similar, around 2:36. Ran a QT before calling it quits, Viper in 2:34

Pigems likes this.
  24. JujUltraSG

JujUltraSG

I had a blast yesterday at SPA Daily race B. 7 races - 6 top3 with 4 wins that my DR moved from B to A with more than 33,000 pts now. I did a good quali time (2:29:200 which was good for me) that position me high on the grid.

Using Jag as my manufacturer series helped me also to be consistent on this race. I wish it was at least 5 laps..

Spa days.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019 at 1:50 AM
  25. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

Lights to flag at Spa in a DR B room.

CRB, too. Only 4 SR gained for it, though. Up to 13500 DR.

and another. RC-F last time, Jag this time. I think prefer the jag.

Edit: I should savor the victories...mixed DR A/B room, and I’m in P6 to start now, haha.

Finished P7...made my first big error of the day, got loose and lost a bunch of time before the back straights. I gained back 2 positions in the last lap.

Done for the night. 15000 points, and SR A again. Finally.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019 at 1:44 AM
  26. ToddSalad

ToddSalad

Set my fastest lap during a qualifying session at race a. My internet goes down at the same time. 'Lap time could not be saved'.

27. theschledy

theschledy

Ironically my first race tonight was from 5th, I thought I was gonna get auto-driven in to a barrier, that was brutal. Second race I started 6th, and nearly overtook the car in front of me before the end of the chicane somehow. 5th is cursed.

That being said, Gr.4 at Spa was more fun than I thought. And the WRX feels great around there. Should be a fun week!

Edit: there's a Veyron in the top 10! A Veyron!

28. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I did say I thought the Veyron is well suited to Spa. Ironically is can actually turn a corner (after all, it does manage The Dipper at Bathurst), and once it gets going, it's a freight train. With two long sections that let you really open up the taps, it's kinda made for it :p.

ToddSalad likes this.
  29. breeminator

breeminator

And I've just looked through the updated terms and conditions, and they also appear to prohibit live streaming yourself playing any game, or publishing any game footage, without the express permission of Sony and the game's publisher. So are people going to get as upset about people breaking that rule?

ToddSalad likes this.
  30. Granadier

Granadier

Snuck a second race in today because who can resist Spa. Got my quali down to 29.2 which landed me a p6 start in the McLaren.

Surrounded by Jaguars.
    danger.png

Ended up being one of my better races and I really enjoyed driving that car around. Used its insane stability to own the cornering sections. Finished with a p4 and CRB. Check the video for a lot more action.

dlshearon and Redneckchef like this.