"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

Make a very unwelcoming title for the room? Or, just take the risk. The track is big. No one will get in your way for practice laps.

2. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

MOAR BATHURST.

The last minute or so is hair raising stuff. Rain > Slicks > Massively peaky old school turbo :boggled::boggled:

Hated Ford man Glenn as a kid but have come to respect the man as I have errrrrm matured.

Last edited: May 14, 2021 at 8:22 PM
    BlimeyCable likes this.
  3. Mc_Yavel

Mc_Yavel

Hello and welcome to The Scirocco Daily Championship.

Joining the bandwagon with Daily A and the race was good. With the end of last week Race A and this week I manage 18 CRB, a new record.

This morning I went for Race B also in the Scirocco and race mid-pack. I need to grow a pair for this track, my time of 2.12.5 feels slow. I was in the same room as @Dairyworker but he was up front getting podium finish. His time is more than a second faster than mine so I barely race him. Good to see you on track, it's been a long time we ended up in the same room.:cheers:

Looking foward for N24 next week!

4. 05XR8

05XR8

The most major difference with the FFs are the gearing. No way in heaven & earth are any other cars going compete. The Scirocco run 4.769 gears. That's like a Honda type-R. It'll always be in the powerband to accelerate quickly. To top it off, its theoretical top speed in 6th is 292kmh. The Mustang and C7 are about 291kmh & 292kmh, but both have 3.3 & 3.4 gears, respectively. Poor Viper is 282kmh, with 3.55 gears though.

Speeds in gears are nearly identical for the VW, Chevy and Ford. Viper have higher speeds in its gears, except 5th & 6th.

BlimeyCable and Little_Guppy like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

:rolleyes: Can't just have one early race without drama.

How stupid is that?! Jump in the VW, and set this time. 2 seconds faster than the time I set in the Mustang.
    [​IMG]

Edit2: Plain silly. This race should be Grid start.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2021 at 11:43 PM
    Carrera1963 and Redneckchef like this.
  6. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

First win? Is that a new alt?

7. 05XR8

05XR8

Same main. I just restart my game.... often(for that "new car smell" ;) ).