"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 9, 2020.

1. jnm23

jnm23

I hated it at first but getting quite into Race A now

I posted a 1.54.x, seems to be good enough for top 5 at C races

Megane definitely good off the line @TCS1

People can be quite aggressive but I think there is a culture of give what you get in this combo. It's a bit bumper car like
    The hairpin is a good place for revenge so they tell me :lol:

Groundfish and Pigems like this.
  2. Mr P

Mr P

Been doing liveries for the Roadster last couple of days... so I decided to run some more quali laps @ Suzuka to show one off :p I'm resisting cutting the last chicane so far but might just do it next lap? I already tried against this ghost and was pulling ahead but exited just before the finish line through habit :lol: I wonder how much that cut is worth? maybe about .3 if nailed smoothly I reckon :tup:

This car is wicked fun all the same :cheers:

Dairyworker, Pigems, Vegard and 4 others like this.
  3. meekrab

meekrab

No brakes at Degner 1, ok so that's got to be worth at least a few tenths...

Did a few more laps, cut 6 tenths off my time... annoyingly my optimal is now a tenth quicker than Pigems' lap, so I'll probably be chasing that all weekend :lol:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020 at 12:13 AM
  4. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Here is the clip from last night where I just knew my luck had turned and I was going to get a benefit instead of getting the unlucky call from penalties and others. Had made a great start, got a gap to the cars behind and then the moses move when I guessed the right gap. And then the lag pass showed me how wrong I was. Seriously he didnt even drive in a line to go around me. Like he knew he could drive through. Oh well.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020 at 11:37 PM
  5. O604

O604

I've been enjoying Suzuka. The racing has been good. :tup:

Results haven't been great. Competition has been very tough at B/S.

I am pretty amazed at how many times I've made it through the 1st turn. 6 or 7 races this week, I think. Bumper to bumper. Side to side.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 4:29 AM
  6. PhlebMike

PhlebMike

Here's a question....Does reporting a shockingly bad driver have any consequences? Watched a guy break check a few cars (I was one in all of the following examples), swerve violently to keep 3 other cars behind him, edge another car off the track (Big downhill at Lago Maggiore), and flat out ram them. What about just calling them out here, by name? I just have to figure out how to post video...

7. Pigems

Pigems Premium

In game report doesn’t do anything. You can post a video/picture here with their name in it, but you can’t type their name into your post(Google search can find a typed name, can’t find a name in a photo/video). So yes, post a clip of the race with his name in it, just don’t type out the name. :tup:

8. DeadEyeDelboy

DeadEyeDelboy

New Vid Alert When you accidentally gatecrash a YouTubers stream!

9. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Bad driving won't do any difference if reported. But if you report bad words in chat it works.

10. ASH32

ASH32

Yes all chat messages are governed by Sony as normal PSN messages are, PD are responsible for the bad driving or other game related things and they don't do anything anymore.

Mind you sometimes you get a message from Sony saying there was nothing wrong with the post despite for instance, it being one of many homophobic slurs by one person, although how they knew the other driver was gay was a mystery.:rolleyes:

:gtplanet::cheers:

11. Groundfish

Groundfish

First off even if that WAS me, you couldn’t prove it. Second, you didn’t see what happened in the races leading up to that.
    Third I believe in Lex Talionis...Ghandi would lose in GTS...
    4B93BD60-57AC-4BCB-88A1-AD88EC33E119.jpeg
    (Jkin :))

Good morning friends,
    I’m pleased to report I have enjoyed the battle in B race. It’s been a lot of dirty fighting at 99, but I’ve benefited more than suffered at the hands of it.
    I also entered A and won it in the MEGANE.
    The Megane is clearly superior to the other ff, just for cockpit view, sound, braking, acceleration, and top end, just park on apex a bit, there’s nothing the others can do in a RACING situation. Over one lap alone, who knows.
    I have avoided further adventures in A because of the huge prejudice against the Megane. Lucky it has the best brakes and acceleration, because people were clearly trying to take me out when I used it.
    Open your minds A racers. One lap qual pace is definitely NOT everything.
    Speaking of prejudice, I did make one attempt in the VGT GTI on B and some Supra crashed me out turn one from .7 back. That car though, at the end of the straight approaching the cereal bowl right hander, it pulls out and past the Supra EASILY. The Supra has nothing power wise on the GTI.
    The problem is people get pissed when they see this little GTI isn’t a toy and they see it’s small so they get physical. They seem really offended when they realize what just passed them so easily...:::shrug:::I love driving it though...It’s amazing what it does at the end of the uphill straight, it’s a rocket ship.

In closing, the Autumn wind is a Raider, pillaging just for fun. Maggiore is a great track, but be prepared for your opponents to strike like copperheads if into the race you come.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 3:29 PM
  12. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

After a week of complaining about my lack of pace, I have a night where I lift my SR back to S and gained over 3000DR points. I am up 4500 on the week to be A rated again.

Pace still not brilliant but the RCF really helped. I can enter the esses ok, go east early on the gas it hard on the way out and I only lose a tenth or two down the straight bot 7 tenths like with more understeer cars.

No doubt though, cars that rotate better are faster, I just cannot drive them.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM
  13. Groundfish

Groundfish

The Lexus IS a formidable opponent to M6 in good hands. It’s big iron, it handles, it’s got the goods on top. I’m heavily invested into BMW tho since the Nurb 24. It’s also formidable. I respect Lexus though, unlike (hate to say it) Porsche. I have found new inspiration going forward, and my philosophy of GTS is galvanizing itself...The car chosen MUST have power, it MUST have stability. With these two properties you can play offense and defense equally aggressively. You can capitalize on the hot diggers endless mistakes and crashes and spins and slides. Run TCS to be ready to FIGHT... Sure the Huracans fast over one lap. I’ve seen a few try it, but they always spin slide or crash at the worst times. My philosophy emphasizes reliability. The big play in GTS is the long game...A vertical game in GTS is simple...Gain points, fight hard, embrace the mid pack, learn to hang onto spots gained, learn to assert your presence, let competitors know if they wrong you there will be dire consequences. Sometimes, in the first few turns jerks MUST go down. Hard.

RIP

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 4:07 PM
    dlshearon, Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  14. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Yeah I agree, my most used cars are the Merc, the Aston, the Beetle and the Lexus, there's a theme there but the Lexus is definitely the more nimble of the three and at LM you need a bit of nimblesness.

I use the D-pad and X so I need a car that I can hold the brake down and turn at the same time, but in an agricultural fashion. So the MR cars hurt me and they slide too much for me.

The Lexus has that little bit of slip on TC 2 that the Merc and Aston doesn't and that helps immensely at LM, you need a touch of slip or you cannot get through the esses because the TC becomes too intrusive.

One huge gain is the double right hander towards the end of the lap. Man, run even a BIT wide and you absolutely BLEED time, like viscously. Tight and slow is MUCH MUCH faster than wide and "fast" so to speak. Problem is, brake correctly and folks chuck it up the inside and you both get held up, that's a no pass zone AFAIC.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 4:20 PM
  15. GT5Power

GT5Power

Next week:

Race A: N300 @ Fuji | 3 laps | SH
    Race B: N400 @ Nurburgring GP | 3 laps | SH
    Raec C: Gr.4 @ Brands Hatch GP | 13 laps | RS/RM | Tires x6 | Fuel x2

16. 05XR8

05XR8

Well boys, steak Slophy is back on the menu!

17. DeadEyeDelboy

DeadEyeDelboy

Attached Files:

KiepeYai, AfraidRacer and Pigems like this.
  18. Groundfish

Groundfish

My strategy for that double right...Highly reccomend watching the replay I put up.
    It’s almost a bit of early apex on entry, turning under braking coming in, covering off the potential dive by entry speed plus early apex, then getting back to full throttle approaching the outside curbing for turn in to the last right, the key to that last right is a bit of brake on entry to get the nose doen and GETTING TIGHT TO THAT LADT APEX, EVEN A BIT WIDE THERES NO GRIP, GOTTA GRT TIGHT INTO THAT APEX THEN FULL THROTTLE OUT.
    So overall enter the complex fast brake hard trail in off brake wait to rotate then full throttle then slight brake GET TIGHT TO APEX THIS IS SOO IMPORTANT!!!
    Then full throttle.
    The esses entry is very important, it goes left full throttle right full slight lift on entry to the left then flat, if you don’t lift you’re not getting the run, miss the entry and you’re screwed, can’t late brake the first left the yellow line is perfect to show that entry...

Edit the entry to the double right is a great place to pass once you get that entry down pat, most people run wide or overslow there. Getting back to full throttle it’s a great place for a last lap overtake, just know it’s cheeky and you won’t get the best laptime overtaking there, but good place to pickup a spot the final lap...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 4:52 PM
    Pigems likes this.
  19. O604

O604

Had an interesting race this morning. Good and bad.

Shared the grid with @Little_Guppy. Started 3rd. Got a decent start. Lap 3 I think, fell back a bit into traffic and got punted (offender quits). I noticed my times up to that point were slow but I was still within catching up distance. Figured if I could pick up the pace I could catch up. Felt focused after that. Finished 5th. Breathed a sigh of relief. Could have ended much worse. :scared::D

20. OutsiderC

OutsiderC

Any guess which cars PD will set for A and B? Both of those circuits are a mistery for me yet.

Pigems likes this.
  21. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

It better be something that grips well. Sports hard tires for A & B.
    The new Yaris is N300, so it has a reasonable chance of being the car for race A.

22. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Agree 100pc with every word of it and basically that's where I have come to be after 4 nights. In terms of passing into the double right, I mean folks trying to get in there when I brake correctly (a bit early as you describe) even though I have the inside covered.

As for next week, guess again i cannot understand how NGP is 3 laps, that is nuts short. May look to race C as I do better at brands if I give others time to fall off the road 'cos I am slow.

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  23. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I brake maybe a little after the first cone, then run very tight to apex, left wheels on curb, then right out the left curb then right in to the right apex, running deep so just the left wheels are on the curb, then straighten the left out so I cross over the left curb. Super relaxed track limits there

Timm Sheehan and Pigems like this.
  24. Fennario

Fennario

Are the Race B/C N Category races ever garage races open to the whole class, or just single/specially selected options?

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  25. 05XR8

05XR8

N400 sounds like a 911 GT3 again. I'll be surprised if it's the M4. Thats a German car never been run there. E92 M3 is N400 as well. Maybe BMW/Porsche battle?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 7:01 PM
    dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  26. OutsiderC

OutsiderC

A is car provided
    B is onemake from garage

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  27. ASH32

ASH32

So Race C at Brands Hatch next week = perfect. :D

I couldn't race the last time Brands was on and was off sport for a lot of months before that so it's been far too long since I've run there. :D

From the back will be brilliant and I may run a bit from the front too, we'll see. :D

:gtplanet::cheers:

28. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Ahhhhhh, the return of Brands Hatch. Good smile on my face for that one. Just like the Nord, you are racing the track as much as others. Time to see if the 86 has anything there in carrying speed or if it is simply down to the trophy 1 make again. Going to be interesting with strategy I hope.

29. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Was the WRX last time no?

Pigems likes this.
  30. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

The pole sitter messed up slightly at the beginning. I took over the lead, cleanly.
    I braked a bit too late at the hairpin.
    First place was apparently worth more to him than his racing integrity.

I watched his cockpit view in the replay. There's no question that he intended to drive to the outside of the track, knowing I was already there.
    He got no penalty and took the victory.

Him getting no penalty, was not really a big deal to me, because I took care of it myself.
    In the next race, I took certain measures to ensure that he definitely would not win. :D :tup:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 8:06 PM