"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Watching your one race on Kie's live stream, on Race C, you did yourself no favours at all. It was embarrassing to watch your performance!!!

Every one who got taken out deserved every bit of it for what they did to me in the race prior to that.
If you look closely I bet you can see my comments before the race began.
I wasn’t happy with them.

That said-I just shouldn’t play at all if I’m going to just get angry and revenge. So I stopped playing.
I’ve realized this. I might play again, one day, but not today, not next week…not me babe!
I can’t get over it when people ram me off track and show no remorse like they did in the race prior.
The prior race I was in 3rd end of lap 1 when I was shoved into being reset entering the chicane and reset to 11th.
I began a comeback and was quite motivated to catch the perpetrator.
I was overtaking guys and they kept going after me after getting passed which kept causing me to lose time, as I posted before.
I called them out after the race, before this race, they knew what they did.
Like that one guy feigned ignorance in the chat HA! Right buddy! He knew what he did before.
These guys were in the top split but tbh it was a weak, dirty room.
I couldn’t control my rage, true.
After last weeks great racing in the upper tier of top split where people race clean 90 percent of time, this c race circus was intolerable.
So, I notice this…on NA…
Often at B DR S SR there’s some nice clean racing, but in A theres a large group of players who are very rough.
If you can’t get to the front of the fields you face these players.
If you are racing at a low use time as I was yesterday you face these lower tier people.
I personally won’t accept their BS cheating. I will fight them every single time. I won’t be bullied in a dadgum video game okay? I play for fun. When it gets like yesterday it’s no longer fun so no more.
I guess a lot of players can get rammed, and let it go. Not me babe, That’s why I won’t play right now. Not me babe.

That was a sweet punt. 🍻

Let’s just be crystal clear here. This was lap one previous race and the guy that got taken out in front of kie is this idiot right here…This is what he did to ME, THE RACE BEFORE!
This is what I saw facing backwards after getting purposely taken out!
B258B728-4491-4FE6-923B-EDB7811698F8.jpeg

and here he is lining me up and ramming me off. A perfectly executed dirty punt…You can see below he hasn’t brakes yet and I’m turning in lol he lined me up and punted me off and drove away! 2 seconds is nothing compared to my list 15-20 . This guys a dirty jerk and it wouldn’t surprise me if he took kie out that last race on another account!This was 100 percent on purpose and look at the end of Kie25 stream, his last entry! Literally the same thing happened to him except turn 1 and kie quit and vowed revenge! Lol that’s just racing…
“I dunno why he did that he was never near him”
This is why. This is why. I could list and show examples plural of what the others did too but I can’t be bothered to dig through replays…
F44B19B1-D540-4323-A387-5C3571D5F1B4.jpeg
210B5CE1-36CD-4A40-944A-1999830C4C7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Went for Race A again. Started/finished 6th.

Got an early 1.5 sec pen for hitting Barry-R. But still was only about 5 sec off the lead from last place. Which made the race salvageable. Fun scenario, good racing.

Did you see what DeafSun did to the Frenchman? 😬
Egads, I just saw. Race 1 had the Spaniard outta control divebomb in the last corner, then the double points final the points leader gets run off the road in the exact way they say looks bad in the etiquette video lmao.
I’ve raced that Seaside soooo many times and if you enter that kink side by side you leave room. It’s very common and you just can’t do that like he did.
As an aside question…Do you guys know of other esports in which the rules change for big comps?
Isn’t GTS maybe the only one to literally turn off their own rules system during big events?
To me part of me thinks maybe they should leave it on and let’s see which player knows it best, it’s part of the game isn’t it?
Obviously it doesn’t work so they turn it off, but maybe if the Olympic committee had forced them to use the game as everyone plays it which is fair versus some special treatment for the best only then maybe Polyphony would put more effort into the pens.
What I saw was very very discouraging at best.
The best players in the world divebombing each other and running each other off track.
They need to run it live on local network or nothing.
The players deserve the trip and they deserve fair competition not like Fraga getting dq.
mom order to fix things they need better rules, live only with all participants together, and a functioning penalty system.
Seeing no Fraga plus divebombing Spaniard and dirty Canadian is a bad look.
Look at a guy like Hizal, he never does guys dirty, and if he did I would bet he’d pull over himself.
Jmo

edit live or nothing imo. LAN.

they cheaped out and people got the shaft

Last edited:
By the way, shoutout to the GTP crew and admin, the site updates were awesome. Things don't always get better with updates, but this one was great. Thanks @Famine and GTP team. A great forum and community got even better.

:gtpflag:
Agreed, @Jordan in particular deserves a massive shout out for everything he does/has done for this community. 🍻

Last edited:
Been on my alt(A/S) in the BMWs. No qualy for Interlagos and Catalunya. There're both impressive machines. The M6 is more stable on RM and RS tyres. When on RH(on my main in the Nations race), the traction during acceleration was nearly on or off. Been the lone BMW in my Race Cs so far.

As for Race B. The Mustang is my choice ride on my main. I've matched and bested the Sciroccos at Sardegna during that week. Now, it's doing the same at Interlagos. Funny, the VW and the Ford are the best at off-throttle tuck in. Mustang's RWD, obviously, has it all over the VW with corner exit acceleration. Scirocco cant just pull away on the main straight, like it could at Sardegna.
In the M4, I'm not too far behind the VWs on the straight. It's excellent everywhere else though. Awesome car to dance with. I tell you, it's just about the same characteristics in ACC.

Love driving these two-door sedans versus low-slung sports cars.

Let’s just be crystal clear here. This was lap one previous race and the guy that got taken out in front of kie is this idiot right here…This is what he did to ME, THE RACE BEFORE!
This is what I saw facing backwards after getting purposely taken out!
View attachment 1062527

and here he is lining me up and ramming me off. A perfectly executed dirty punt…You can see below he hasn’t brakes yet and I’m turning in lol he lined me up and punted me off and drove away! 2 seconds is nothing compared to my list 15-20 . This guys a dirty jerk and it wouldn’t surprise me if he took kie out that last race on another account!This was 100 percent on purpose and look at the end of Kie25 stream, his last entry! Literally the same thing happened to him except turn 1 and kie quit and vowed revenge! Lol that’s just racing…
“I dunno why he did that he was never near him”
This is why. This is why. I could list and show examples plural of what the others did too but I can’t be bothered to dig through replays…
View attachment 1062525View attachment 1062526
And it's the crap like that which means I have done 5 races since June 2020. It's best to just walk away. I now just watch Kie's stream to immerse in to the game. And visit here daily to remind me why I don't do GT Sport anymore. Online is not a fun, pleasurable experience anymore.

And it's the crap like that which means I have done 5 races since June 2020. It's best to just walk away. I now just watch Kie's stream to immerse in to the game. And visit here daily to remind me why I don't do GT Sport anymore. Online is not a fun, pleasurable experience anymore.
I know you can have some really dirty, frustrating races.

But occasionally you do have some really enjoyable racing. I guess it just depends on your lobby.

Unfortunately, the minute the lobby is revealed, you have an idea what type of race it'll be. Cause you tend to know the dirty players.

Last edited:
Wow, just got my 3rd win in the Daily Race A, I listened to the advice given here about practice and qualifying and I did my best and 35.822 is my time. So I am on pole again and it seems like I just ran away from everyone and ran 10 laps almost by myself with exception of two cars that got lapped. Forgot to save replay to see what happened behind me. PS_App_20210626_054302.jpeg

I stopped doing the daily races about 6 weeks ago and all races a few weeks back but jumped in for one of the FIA races with very little practice and qualified 5th punted to last by end of 1st lap and every time I caught someone it was imposable to pass as they just threw everything at me to block, punt or ram me from the track and that was for 18th. Finished 15th and have now called it a day with the exception of @Tidgney Miata Mania, if the game is so bad in the A and A+ lobbies then you can only imagine what it is like lower down where I race.

Many times, you have to race FOR the other player. Meaning, they want the position, give it to them. They want to race you to T1 and be a late braker, brake early.

If you're ahead, use the racing line and don't block. If they are gaining and really not going to get beside you and they are not falling back to the racing line, leave the door open. Position yourself so you're not run wide.
If a player doesn't want to let you by, hold station.

So many scenarios and some still screw your race up. No matter how much racing etiquette you apply.
I've given up. Taken breaks. Came back. Deleted the game. Started new games. No qualy. Qualified. Revenge punted. Been beaten fair and square. Made mistakes. Had epic races from start to finish. Gifted places to be nice. Raced hard but fair. Only raced once a day. Raced all day and night. Only raced FIA. So many hours.

Do what is best for your own sanity and peace.

View attachment 1062222
I've been really enjoying driving the VW VGT lately. The handling on it is just sublime. Apparently it's a MR, but it doesn't feel like one. Feels a lot more balanced and composed compared to - say - the Audi R8.

Also, I've just managed to win a race at Catalunya after 24+ hours of being awake/no sleep. I somehow cut half a second off my original quali lap and got fastest lap during the race.

Though, pretty much on the verge of passing out each corner, so it's time to sleep.
lll
Watching your one race on Kie's live stream, on Race C, you did yourself no favours at all. It was embarrassing to watch your performance!!!

Every one who got taken out deserved every bit of it for what they did to me in the race prior to that.
If you look closely I bet you can see my comments before the race began.
I wasn’t happy with them.

That said-I just shouldn’t play at all if I’m going to just get angry and revenge. So I stopped playing.
I’ve realized this. I might play again, one day, but not today, not next week…not me babe!
I can’t get over it when people ram me off track and show no remorse like they did in the race prior.
The prior race I was in 3rd end of lap 1 when I was shoved into being reset entering the chicane and reset to 11th.
I began a comeback and was quite motivated to catch the perpetrator.
I was overtaking guys and they kept going after me after getting passed which kept causing me to lose time, as I posted before.
I called them out after the race, before this race, they knew what they did.
Like that one guy feigned ignorance in the chat HA! Right buddy! He knew what he did before.
These guys were in the top split but tbh it was a weak, dirty room.
I couldn’t control my rage, true.
After last weeks great racing in the upper tier of top split where people race clean 90 percent of time, this c race circus was intolerable.
So, I notice this…on NA…
Often at B DR S SR there’s some nice clean racing, but in A theres a large group of players who are very rough.
If you can’t get to the front of the fields you face these players.
If you are racing at a low use time as I was yesterday you face these lower tier people.
I personally won’t accept their BS cheating. I will fight them every single time. I won’t be bullied in a dadgum video game okay? I play for fun. When it gets like yesterday it’s no longer fun so no more.
I guess a lot of players can get rammed, and let it go. Not me babe, That’s why I won’t play right now. Not me babe.

I am with you in every single aspect, except the quitting the game because of them. believe me, reading that you revenged on every single dirty racer,was a like deliverance for me and you also had some fun while executing your revenge,didn't you?
I think it's the right thing to do and you kind of become like Zorro some superhero for the weaker but clean racer. My misery is, I am a DS Driver, on tracks where I'm good, I'm still roundabout 6 seconds behind your quali times. but at least, I can keep my pace throughout the race, while faster drivers, take one risky move too much and lose 8sec because of spinning. So it happens, that in the last two weeks, I ended up in rooms with A+ (only at 2 races and he/she was pole and finished first),AE,BS,BE and other DS who have an okish quali time. Impossible to go to 2 or more consecutive corner's, without someone attacking you, like it's a personal revenge, like I'm responsible for the death of his/hers complete family. and when they send me off , no matter if I'm 2nd or 12th, the race is over for me, before even finishing the first lap. I daydream about having skills like you, like getting send off and two laps later, this malice has my smiling face all over its rearview mirror.
That is also one thing I don't understand, there's someone coming from the back not breaking, Just handbreak to go sideways into the corner, where there are like 3 people doing their race, Bam, at least one gets send off with the attacker. maybe it's me and I'm more challenged,mindwise, than normal, but it takes me 8sec on average (not meassuring, Just a guess) to be back on track and accelerating without swerving, (cause a racecar without traction control is a threat to your health going from 0-80 km/h, ...sure), those attackers nearly bounce back on track, or lose max. 4 sec How?
And to support your observation, a lot of A drivers are the worst people. coming to a race with mostly DS, some CS, a few B. They didn't quali, and start from the back, hit everyone who crosses their way. Than, in the final 2 or3 laps they start to race clean and finish in like 5th place.
You see , we need fast guys like you, who are 99% good and clean racer, but become a terrifying assassin, if triggered too much.
sorry for so much writing, should better work on my track times.

I agree that @Groundfish shouldn't quit because of idiots. However I do think he needs a break. It seems he is stuck in a circle he needs to get out of and a break should help with that.
I've been there many times. It's usually because of DR. My biggest problems have been with A drivers.
When you are in the top split group, you start to become protective of your rating.
When someone screws you over, it doesn't just ruin your race. It's like something you've worked for is being taken away from you, and anger can overcome you.

If the race result becomes too important to you, your enjoyment level drops. Quite a few times, when I've been there, I did the trick where I keep turning around the wrong direction in the race. I do it over and over again in the race, until I get about 15 or 20 SR downs, without hitting anyone. It totally wipes out your DR and SR ratings. Once they're gone, it's like a weight being lifted off your shoulders. @Groundfish knows it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him reset his account.

It has nothing to do with dropping to lower levels to get some wins. It's about racing for fun, without the stress that higher levels have. If I cared about stats, I wouldn't be starting the majority of my races from the back. I don't want to do any races that aren't enjoyable.

Last edited:
am with you in every single aspect, except the quitting the game because of them
Thanks for your kind words! I am sure I will be back when I’m ready.

However I do think he needs a break. It seems he is stuck in a circle he needs to get out of and a break should help with that.

Yes, @OJBrit

I've been there many times. It's usually because of DR
That’s true for me as well. I want to race, not feel I have to meet some standard, or work towards rating…That makes it not fun.
When someone screws you over, it doesn't just ruin your race. It's like something you've worked for is being taken away from you, and anger can overcome you.
Yes. Great description my friend.
If the race result becomes too important to you, your enjoyment level drops
Yep.
s. @Groundfish knows it
I do. You are 100 percent on the money. The weird thing is I think I’m over all this, but, strangely at some point the dr rises enough that it all kicks in and something needs to be done.
It's about racing for fun

Exactly. Too much focus on DR or SR goals ends up removing my mind from the present, the immersion, the fun of online racing.
This is not a job. We are not being paid to do this. If a race sounds fun, we should enter it and race!
You are right though about rating DR taking over the mindset and ruining the fun of gameplay.
To be fair, a lot of smart folks at PD and Sony design this stuff to be engaging and employ psychological tricks to keep us addicted to points, trophies, etc from these games.
They are good at what they do.
I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to rerate my account to 0 dr sr.
I’m just taking a vacation from my problems, like Bill Murray in what about Bob :).
I was getting like a hamster on a wheel and as you said that’s not fun.

So, thanks you guys for the kind words, it really means a lot.
And, make no mistake, just when you think I’m gone, I will be there, kinda like Mr Craig…errr, James, errr… you get it.

Last edited:
I'm a B driver with less than 300 races and ignoring my DR was the best decision I've made. I've played a certain competitive shooter at very high ranks, sometimes the highest, and there gets to be so much damn toxicity from both other players and myself. People forget that it's just about fun.

Unfortunately, we have to deal with 19 others on the track and there is always at least one who behaves like a sociopath and will ruin it for others without a single thought.

I did a race yesterday where an Argentinian was ramming people to get to P3. But an American fought his way back and revenge smashed him on the final lap. And what did the Argentinian do? He just quit. I wonder if he was upset at all. Or if he just had no reaction. This was after nine and a half laps of desperately trying to win by breaking all the rules. He could have settled for fourth or fifth which is a pretty good result on any planet but after all that, he just quit. Nine and a half laps of seemingly desperate behaviour and as soon as he got a taste of his own medicine, he just quit.

I know that if I was a high A or A+ driver, it would have come from a lot of work. I am definitely not a natural. So I can see how it would feel like being a victim of thievery when someone pulls that nonsense. But, and I know this is cliche, I think it's important to remind oneself that the person doing this BS is a loser, plain and simple. Invisible at the workplace, in the school hallways, etc. Maybe an underachiever in other aspects of life. Let them have their moment, I guess.

By the way, shoutout to the GTP crew and admin, the site updates were awesome. Things don't always get better with updates, but this one was great. Thanks @Famine and GTP team. A great forum and community got even better.

:gtpflag:
I did almost nothing but a couple of trivial things that won't impact anything that anyone sees. @Jordan does everything technical on GTP - I just write some stuff and occasionally break out the behaviour whip.

In fact I made it slightly harder, by writing 72,000 posts over 18 years entirely in indigo, which made Dark Mode a bit of a pain.

St. Croix in Gr.1. On a week with no FIAs. What a time to be alive.
I usually stay away from GR.1 races because the speed is too much to control at times . . . but . . . I have been practicing with the Peugeot and I am actually having fun. After a few days I have the lap time down to 3:04.301 (which is slow but very clean).

Quick question - why are none of the VGT GR.1 cars ever eligible for these races? I can do clean/ok laps in the Audi VGT (not as good as the Peugeot), wouldn't mind giving it a shot in a race.

I hope to see a lot of you out there on the track. Enjoy your racing!

[snip snip] ignoring my DR was the best decision I've made. [snip snip]
Amen! These races often remind me of that old saying "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out".

Enjoy your racing.

I usually stay away from GR.1 races because the speed is too much to control at times . . . but . . . I have been practicing with the Peugeot and I am actually having fun. After a few days I have the lap time down to 3:04.301 (which is slow but very clean).

Quick question - why are none of the VGT GR.1 cars ever eligible for these races? I can do clean/ok laps in the Audi VGT (not as good as the Peugeot), wouldn't mind giving it a shot in a race.

They should be available unless they are GrX. The only time they lock tends to be GrC only.

Exactly. Too much focus on DR or SR goals ends up removing my mind from the present, the immersion, the fun of online racing.
This is not a job. We are not being paid to do this. If a race sounds fun, we should enter it and race!

I am a beginner to the online racing (just broke above the 2,000 points in D with an S rating for sportsmanship) and had my DR points taken by dirty drivers that punted, kicked, and pushed me out off the way, so I agree with what it's said above, if it's going to be focused on getting the points OVER the fun of racing with others, then it stops being fun, I like the idea of being better but not at the cost that it stops begin fun.

P.s. love the Jaguar in the ending scene...

I did almost nothing but a couple of trivial things that won't impact anything that anyone sees. @Jordan does everything technical on GTP - I just write some stuff and occasionally break out the behaviour whip.

In fact I made it slightly harder, by writing 72,000 posts over 18 years entirely in indigo, which made Dark Mode a bit of a pain.
Purple / Indigo is the color of royalty, and you sir are a King...

Last edited:

The VGT Gr.1 cars are all a bit weird. The Peugeot has been good in the past but its hybrid deployment is really weird, it only exists from like 110-130mph. The McLaren has reasonable top end but for want of a better word feels clunky during cornering, it's like it doesn't steer smoothly. The Alpine and the Mazda have been decent options in the past at fast circuits like Monza and Le Mans so I'm sure it's possible they can be competitive at St. Croix which has lots of straights and high speed corners.

Wow, just got my 3rd win in the Daily Race A, I listened to the advice given here about practice and qualifying and I did my best and 35.822 is my time. So I am on pole again and it seems like I just ran away from everyone and ran 10 laps almost by myself with exception of two cars that got lapped. Forgot to save replay to see what happened behind me. View attachment 1062682
A serious congratulations! I viewed your kudos (jimybee) and the 35.8 is a big jump in performance. More wins will launch you into DR.C and you are on your way. Eventually, you will enter lobbies with stronger racers but don't let that discourage you. Keep up the practice and challenge yourself to find more time at each circuit. With thoughtful driving and experience the ever elusive "racecraft" will follow bit by bit.

BigSarj
<... snip..>

But, and I know this is cliche, I think it's important to remind oneself that the person doing this BS is a loser, plain and simple. Invisible at the workplace, in the school hallways, etc. Maybe an underachiever in other aspects of life. Let them have their moment, I guess.
Good insight.

Now I feel sorry for them instead of angry... so conflicted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DR rating is a weird thing. It is just fake currency and yet I put so much weight behind it to the point where it is destroying the very thing - online racing - that was giving me pleasure.

I am a mature adult and I can accept being beaten by skilled racers and engaging in tough competition. Indeed, I enjoy the comradery that follows in pre and post race chats. It makes the game wonderful.

It is so hard to accept those dirty deliberate moves. I hate the side to side contact at the end of a straight where I am on the outside and most vulnerable - 9 out 10 racers give you space on the straight - 1 out of 10 will turn into you. So infuriating as close racing requires trust. That coupled with my irrational DR coveting creates a toxic mx.

I have been on a semi break for about a month. I race maybe once or twice a day and sometimes not at all and will continue in the mode for a while.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Groundfish. Hang in there. That video clip, in isolation, does not do you justice. We have chatted before and we are not exactly like minded on the whole revenge thing but I understand where you stand and am ever grateful for your behavior and sportsmanship in lobbies that we have shared.

Last edited:
Back