"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by watto79, Jul 8, 2019.

1. DelboyD

DelboyD

Some quick testing for Sardegna C next week with GR3 cars. I'm a B/S driver using a wheel.

Between 4 to 7 laps with each, so I haven't dialled it in with any of the cars.
    First time at this track.
    Cars driven in list order, with the Supra tested first.

Toyota GR Supra - 55.130
    Jaguar - 53.835
    Merc SLS - 53.878
    Mustang - 53.453
    Corvette - 53.349
    Audi R8 LMS - 53.678
    Aston Martin - 53.068

As the Supra was first, I'd go back to it now I know the track better.
    Tested the Jag right afterwards, the Jag just felt lighter and better than the Supra to me around here. I think the Jag is worth a second look, especially as I clocked my best time in the Aston 30 or so laps later.
    I thought the Merc SLS would be good for stability in the last turn and to power down the straight, but it wasn't as nice around the back of the track.
    Didn't feel I was using the gears correctly in the Mustang.
    I rarely use the Corvette, so that time is a good starting point for me to maybe go back to this car.
    I wasn't feeling the Audi, even though I've been using it at Maggiore this week and really enjoyed it.
    Aston felt a bit heavier than the Jaguar, but I clocked the time listed on my 4th lap.

2. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

it usually happen when i load a ghost i have saved but when i load it from leader board its ok ,

GT5Power and Pigems like this.
  3. AlexWilmot

AlexWilmot

Just been doing Quali for Race B this morning... I won't use the Supra! I will be that lone wolf! Been switching between the AMG and 458, both are now low 57s, AMG on top with a 57.1

JEverettL and Pigems like this.
  4. tankuroded

tankuroded

For the first time ever, I've paired with a GTP member in a daily race (Race A, which I had pride in the outcome and wasn't involved in T1 mess). Shout out to @mef!

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  5. sdi_03

sdi_03

Try the Huracan. It has good front end and quite good stability. I think that I used BB 2

DelboyD and Pigems like this.
  6. Pigems

Pigems

Anyone have an explanation for this? I was doing some testing last night and I got punted by a car that wasn’t even there? Or I maybe was given NoS without being told. :lol:

7. wowbaggerBR

wowbaggerBR

Ah, now I understand the "Car best" option. But, in the other hand, seeing that I can go even faster eventually would put even more pressure.

Maggiore is amazing. The more realistic fictionals by PD are awesome.

8. DelboyD

DelboyD

Thanks. I haven't used the Huracan for ages.

Edit: tried it. 10 laps. BB at +2. Best time: 53.314. Second fastest for me after the Aston. However, it feels like its got a lot more time to give. Will take a bit longer to get acclimatised to the way the car wants to slide, but that's probably where the time is to be found.

Edit 2: another 22 laps, with various trials and errors.......end up with a 52.747 in the Huracan.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 at 1:48 PM
    RacingGrandpa, Pigems and sdi_03 like this.
  9. Shearzy

Shearzy

Give the 2016 emily frey a rip

Pigems likes this.
  10. DelboyD

DelboyD

I don't have the 2016 Lexus. Tried the 2017 one. Felt heavy to me after the Lambo, but less of a risk at the final turn - i.e. felt more planted under braking. The gear ratios maybe not good for this track.

Only tested four laps before I was interrupted - 53.754.

I know I've only had a few laps in each car, but I much prefered the Jag or Aston for FR cars at this track.

Edit: another 7 or 8 laps in the 2017 Lexus. BB at +2. Still felt heavy and not instantly quick. Down to 53.527.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 at 2:48 PM
    Pigems likes this.
  11. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Nothing wrong with your car, you accelerate normally. It's the AI that is capped at a lower speed... The blue car seems to lift to let the green car pass. The AI is very nervous about going fast :lol:

12. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Did you try +1?

Pigems likes this.
  13. Chevy Heavy

Chevy Heavy

I was watching a top 10 replay last night and it started at the line the first time. But when I restarted it, it started in turn 1 as you mentioned. So I assume it's not just your replay that's doing it.

14. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Daily B, Genesis GR.3
    1) Started 6th (2:00.3xx). A British guy with a Ford GT chased me the whole race, flashing non stop and in the final turn of the final lap he pushed me wide - he was faster than me but come on I had the inside line... He passed me and another guy with inches before the finish line :( . 8th place :( .
    2) Started again 6th. After the second turn I was already 3rd. The British guy returned with his flashing. The fight for 2nd an 3rd place has begun. Eveuntally there was some contact between the British guy (who overtake me this time without pushing me off) and the 2nd place driver so he managed to take his place. I finished 4th.

15. AlexWilmot

AlexWilmot

Just did a Race B in the AMG, started 3rd with 15number plate, 2nd goes wide and off at turn 5, couldn't catch 1st who was the only A driver and I pulled away from 3rd behind me at about 3-5tenths a lap, bit boring but hey SR stays at 99 and DR increases

JEverettL likes this.
  16. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

Tried McLaren at Sardegna C. 53.6 bb -2

DelboyD, Pigems and GT5Power like this.
  17. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

Was he flashing on the straights or just through the corners?

Reason I ask is that @Sven Jurgens pointed out in another thread that if you race with standard mapping on a DS4 you can end up flashing your lights by applying too much pressure on the L3 stick during full lock.

So I'd try not to pay too much attention, it may not have been a 'distraction' / dickish tactic...

Not to excuse the last-lap last-turn barge pass... That's dickishness 101.

18. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

In straight and corners too. At least one time he went off track because of it(?). It was distracting because I know he is faster then me - though he started right behind me in the races with a +0.1 lap time.

JoeyLeonine and Pigems like this.
  19. sdi_03

sdi_03

Man this Huracan is blast on the Sard C :lol: I think that I can put it close to 52 flat.
    Had under ten laps tonight, and here's the best 0:52.516. T1 and that last turn is sooo difficult to get right.
    BoP on, BB 2 RH

Still wondering the racing here, it will be a wreck fest..

DelboyD, Pigems and AlexWilmot like this.
  20. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

Ah fair enough. Just an A1 specimen then.

I generally only get out the way in 2 cases. 1 - someone coming back through the field who is clearly out of position. 2 - to let someone go on ahead and crash into someone else who isnt me :lol:

So fair play to you for keeping him behind. If he really is faster, he needs to prove it by sorting out his QT and starting in front of you!

Kuraudo likes this.
  21. sturk0167

sturk0167

Nurburgring really isn't very challenging in N100 cars. I've done a couple races, and there's really nothing to it, when the car is that slow. I think the participation level in next week's race C will be sky-high, due to the track's intimidation factor being nullified by the N100 class. The gap between good and bad drivers will be small.