"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I took the wrong tires twice in FIA on Saturday. :lol:

2. foolsgold74

foolsgold74

I did find it weird that when I pitted with RH tyres on last night the cursor defaulted to the RH tyres and the icon was flashing, almost as if the game was taunting me to take them!

Getting better at La Sarthe, circuit experience helped and I've gone for the 787B. If I'm rotten around the corners anyway might as well get some of it back on the straights. And the sound it makes is crazy!!

Little_Guppy, 05XR8, jad866 and 4 others like this.
  3. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I'll share a few replays so you can see how I drive. It can be hard to follow a top 10 sometimes

I agree. In my case I never even saw the options, I pitted and it flashed by. As I said, I must have rested my finger on it.

Edit, edit: are we sure the animation and waiting starts before we selected tires and fuel? I don't think it does....

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021 at 1:23 PM
  4. NoStopN

NoStopN

Practice. One of the best times to practice is during a week when none of the daily races tickle your fancy. I've done it quite often. I wish I would have taken my own advice when I started playing the game. It took me 11 months to win my first daily, but I still hadn't "learned" how to race. I'm now 2 years & 9 months into GT Sport & I don't think I do too bad. I've won in Gr. 2, 3, 4, N200 & N300 classes.

I use brake modulation. It's called ABS. :lol: Truth be told, the game is always teaching us, even if we think we know it all. Last month at DTS, I only had the '08 GT-R on my alt account. I didn't want to spend credits on the '16 model, so I "run what I brung". I got a feel for the aerodynamics of the class of car when in the dirty air & was able to adjust my braking & turning points accordingly. Then, when I felt like I had been outclassed by the newer cars, I bought the '16, used the same lessons I learned from the '08, & beat my best lap time en route to a comeback win that I never thought was possible.

I hadn't ever bought/been gifted/driven the GT-R LM. After seeing that it was an FF Gr. 1 car, I laughed absurdly. But, just last week, I read an article (https://www.thedrive.com/accelerato...wn-mazda-and-nissans-boldest-motorsports-bets) that described briefly the story of the GT-R LM & why it was a hot mess. Then, when trying to find that article, I ran across another & whoa boy! It wasn't just a hot mess, it was a volcanic lava flow of a mess. https://www.thedrive.com/design/1433/failed-le-mans-program-is-a-black-eye-for-nissan

With all of that being said, if Nissan had the money to burn & take the car back to the drawing board, they could have had a competitive car in a couple of years.

5. jad866

jad866

Had an elbows out race this morning. while battling for 1st both of us in 908's driver kept squeezing me over while I was trying to pass down mulsane finally was able to get by leading up to mulsane corner. On the straight run up to Indianapolis I squeezed him just a bit before the right heading in to Indianapolis which turns into the inside at Indianapolis and he missed his braking point and off into the kitty litter I go on to win.( no contact no penalty for either of us )I don't understand the mentality of not just letting people pass when they have the tow and clearly have more speed. This all happened around lap 3 or 4 on lap 2 he had the run down mulsane and I let him go, held my line and fell in behind to pick the tow not sure what goes thru people's heads

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021 at 2:34 PM
  6. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

Got my A rank today! The journey has been incredible so far, couldn't have done it without all the help from GTPlanet and TPC!
    First race as an A driver, I met Wombleleader(who was live) and Momoz.

housej, crusselz, afc5150 and 18 others like this.
  7. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

Here's me putting in a really good qualifying lap at LeMans, and then blowing it at the final chicane. :banghead:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021 at 6:12 PM
    BigSarj, Rexracer702, OJBrit and 31 others like this.
  8. meekrab

meekrab

I really wish, at least in races where there's only two tires available, that the selector would default to the tire you're not currently on. 99.9% of pitstops are going to be for switching tires now that the pit stop loss practically covers the entire field.

9. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

:lol::cheers::gtpflag:

OJBrit, AfraidRacer, NAXEHT and 5 others like this.
  10. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Be careful what you wish for, you might end up with surprise intermediates. A back button would be nice even if it adds a second or two to your stop.

11. foolsgold74

foolsgold74

Cheers, that would be interesting to see. The 787 loses loads on time in the Porsche curves in my hands at least!

12. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Urrrrrrgh.

Go to end of lap 1. I do everything well, I see the two guys in front of me battling so bide my time, I take a very high line into La Source and it pays off, i take the TT cleanly. I could have lunged at the grey Jag at any time but I wait for the right opportunity, it comes again at La Source and I take him. I then defend well through the weak parts of the track for me and pull away as usual through the esses and Campus.

Look all set for a fine race and gaining 3 spots.... then I crumble. Gaaah.

13. meekrab

meekrab

I don't recall seeing Intermediates available in the pits at RBR even if you could pick em to start the race on. :confused:

Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  14. Barney Da Dog

Barney Da Dog

Well I set up an alt account last week, and already he is faster than regular me!
    Somehow BarneyDaDog can lap a second quicker around Spa than regular Barney_Da_Dog. He also did better at RBR last week. Weird.

I've always struggled at Spa, but seem to have found a heap of time in the Jag by using 4th where I'd usually take 3rd, and also by changing up earlier. In places where I feel I'm going slower, I seem to gain time now.

As someone mentioned previously, I wish there was a grid start and maybe an extra lap. Unless there's some carnage up front there seems to be little chance of progressing as the whole field is quite strung out after half a lap.

15. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

One corner i seem to get hounded on BADLY is the left hander after Rivage. I take rivage ok, but simply CANNOT rotate the car left quick enough, EVERYONE around me gains on me then pressures me into Pouhon.

I have found a ton of time through Campus though, I am eating guys alive through there, SB guys anyways.

Pigems and dlshearon like this.
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

A confirmation of "Are you sure?" would help. I mean, it's a 30 second pit.

Sean YZF, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  17. viper al

viper al

I have spent a lot of practice time with the GR4 VIPER at SPA trying to get a good QT .Just not happening,feels like I'm driving with a Elephant sitting on my hood .I knew sooner or later PD was going to nuke the VIPERS ...BUT :censored: Just call me JAG AL NOW :lol::lol::lol:

18. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Shared my wrong tire race. Can find it in my library or search tags: TPC tyrepenalty 787b
    Hope it helps. Put on all race inputs and watch it in chase cam for.most. input to your racing.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021 at 7:38 PM
    foolsgold74, Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  19. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

My god I tried the mazda, COULD NOT GET WITHIN 2.5 SECONDS OF THE JAG.

20. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I think I’d rather have the option to hit Circle and go back if I made a wrong choice, then it wouldn’t even matter. You could always fix it before the car gets there. :)

21. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Yeah confirmation or back button would be great, even if it extended the pit stop it's quicker than coming back in, my biggest error is hitting "don't refuel" every time even when I need fuel and wasting 5 secs if I muck that up is better than another 20 secs loss pitting again.

22. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

We are talking about the lefthander with no name between Rivage and Pouhon, correct?

Recall the bouncy/reflecting curbs?
    A lateral touch on the right side curb will help reflect or bounce the car to the left aiding the turn.
    During the turn, I stay in fourth gear (FF VW) as rotation tends to be better when RPMs are lower.
    I brake very slightly.
    Unconsciously, I am maintaining minimal pressure on the throttle through the turn. I do not know if that part is helping or hurting.
    Aiming for a speed > 130 kph through the turn.

Pigems and NevilleNobody like this.
  23. NoStopN

NoStopN

I hope the Viper didn't get neutered to the point that I can't use it. I just logged in yesterday & got the update & I just played offline & on RS tires, the Corvette Gr. 3 didn't feel as good as the last time I drove it.

viper al and Pigems like this.
  24. Brown TE37s

Brown TE37s

Why did you ping me?

25. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

Next week’s races are up! :cheers:
    N200 Suzuka East
    Gr3 DTS II
    Gr4 Autopolis

Because you have made a lot of ‘what car should I buy’ posts!

26. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Looks like it's time for me to catch up on a few other things instead. I'm not exactly thrilled with any of those. Although Autopolis could be intriguing.

dlshearon, jad866, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  27. Barney Da Dog

Barney Da Dog

I tried the Viper last night and managed a 1:28.0, about 3 tenths off my best Jag time (which was a fluke I think). Viper felt better in the corners, and I was more consistent in the races - no overtakes but gained a couple of spots due other's mistakes.

Pigems and NoStopN like this.
  28. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

:censored:

2 of the races are bad, DTS II is the worst circuit ever made by PD. They are just trolling.

29. ASH32

ASH32

I'll be at Autopolis for Gr4 action next week although I expect lots of banging. I will try as many cars as possible too, even some trash ones. :D

Might need a bit of luck like this though. :D

Also here's another "Overtake Of The Week" :lol:

Despite it being as dirty as anything they would have got away with it had they not kept their foot in and spun them off afterwards. :ouch:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Pigems likes this.
  30. 05XR8

05XR8

Autopolis is always intriguing. Favorite real circuit in the game.
    Most intriguing will be the META car choice.

Slophy? WRX? Scirocco? :sly:

Just did Race B, in the Megane FF. Still a speedy car. 9th to 6th.

Also did two race Cs in two Audi's; R18 and VGT.

Finished 2nd from 10th, in the VGT. 5th to 1st in the R18.
    VGT race was through attrition.

R18 was hard racing. I got about five penalties, for looking at the lines. Kept the Group C cars in check(yeah right :lol:). A 962 was roasting the field. Anyway, I had a battle with a couple 908s. Hard racing.
    Towards the last few laps. 962 was losing grip. Went off and recovered. That was enough for me and the 908s to pounce. However, both 908s fell off. I caught the 962 through the Porsche curves and it pit for RMs, when I was on its tail.

I ran one more lap. No mistakes. 22 second gap to the 919 that jumped the 962. I pit for RH. Come out 1 second behind both Porsches.
    962 has an off just after the pits. I pass it. It passes me after the second chicane. BUT, it brakes too late, nearly tagging the 919 and goes off!
    I chase the 919, but don't know if it pit early. It's nearly creeping in the turns, but has more hybrid power. Pulls away after corners. We get to the final chicane. 919 crosses less than a second ahead... I'm P1. :gtpflag:

Redneckchef, OJBrit, Pigems and 2 others like this.