"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by watto79, Aug 5, 2019.

1. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

Haven't been racing, but tried GR.3 at Catalunya- love the circuit. Been really struggling w/ cockpit view, and ran in bumper last night. I found it much more immersive, oddly. Managed a low 1:49 in the Mustang, and ran 3 events. Gridded 11, 13, and 14, and in each race I was able to make up positions. Racing was clean and hard, with a couple of minor issues- on two occasions I got 3-sec penalties for what I felt were racing incidents- unintentional contact, neither racer impacted. Only major issue was a guy in a VGT who would gain on me on the straight and drop back the rest of the way round, and he kept diving down the inside at T1, and finally T-boned me into the gravel late in the race, costing me two positions. He did get 5 sec for his trouble... With the line through 1-2-3, I'm not sure what he was thinking. I'll be back tonight...

2. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Well, after a bunch of good races fighting to even be on the podium the entirety of whom i am getting matched with changed. Went from starting 4th or 5th to pole and 2nd.... oh well, i finally got another win exactly 3 hours after my first today lol bunch of 3rd 4th and 5ths in between. Great racing though, lots of clean races for all and some really hard competition. Haven't seen anyone from here yet, at least not names i recognise

3. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Fellas, a bit off topic, but from last Sunday, I've started to run weekly TT events, using stock setup. Feel free to have a go if you'd like. All the info is in the following thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...at-dragon-trail-seaside.389173/#post-12833161

Cheers! ;)

Try and get on evening/night time in the UK mate, you might see some of us there! ;)

JoeyLeonine, Pigems, Kuraudo and 2 others like this.
  4. TurboTacho

TurboTacho

I kind of saved myself from falling out of DR B after a handful of good cautious races.

Race 1 @ Autopolis - Grid P11 Race P7. Made an awesome dive into turn 1 without causing any accident unlike others. Got up to P6 in the first lap, but struggled a little with grip and overheating tires on second lap, and lost a position after that while running really wide around the slow corners. The rest was just consistent driving into the 1:55s en route to the flag. I did accidentally light tap another guy while on the chase, but apologized to him post-race anyway to clear up the misunderstanding.

Next was Catalunya, initially did a 1:50 after spinning all over in the WRX without TC, had to switch to Evo X with TC to do a high 1:48. The technical uniqueness of the track makes it a highly challenging circuit while having excellent grip.

Race 2 @ Catalunya - Grid P9 Race P4. Made up a few positions within a few laps and held on to P3 for the middle part while managing fuel and tires. It was quite a heartbreak as I lost the podium to a faster player on the final lap when the gap closed up considerably over the last 4 laps. This was due to an error where I had used too much fuel while overtaking for track position, ended up saving fuel on the last half to keep the race going to the flag without losing excessively much. I was pretty happy with the result, surprised that many strong racers were doing ballet spins or tumbling down the order unexpectedly.

Race 3 @ Catalunya - Grid P10 Race P3. This was probably one of my strongest drives. The start was horribly bugged for almost half the field, my car drove out of the track and stopped. A few cars literally went off the track and parked at the side, on the straight run another was spinning all over the place and I accidentally rear ended him. First lap was really a mess, accidentally hit a driver and got a 2 second at the hairpin.

That was just the start, I had collected my focus and went for the conservative on fuel and tires, while trying to put the game pressure on the front pack. Caught up to the midfield at lap 5 and the battle went on for the rest of the race. Several cars were trading places and punting each other out, I just had to play the victim to get them some penalties. Some played strategy on me and got me cornered, leading me to lose positions, while some went to the pits for a cup of coffee.

Last lap was dramatic on the chicance and penultimate corner, the Porsche whom I chased hard throughout the latter half had spun while trying to overtake the podium runner who have just run out of fuel. I took the last grasp of chance to run past them and carefully navigated around the outside to bring home the podium trophy. Excellent work done. DR B, SR S. Saved both ratings and out of the danger zone for tonight.

I've studied the video! Thanks to that, I actually shaved off my best lap to a low 1:55.3 within 2 attempts. That's 2 whole seconds! Damn...am I that slow like a baby turtle? I couldn't believe it when I did a second faster every flying lap on the limit.

Anyway I took the Audi TT around and it was really nimble with little understeer, compared to the Huracan that I used in races for a neutral relaxed pace.

5. GT5Power

GT5Power

This is exactly why I'm driving for McLaren in FIA :D

Groundfish, pivo, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  6. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

Had some great fun with those opening races and was chuckling to myself when I saw the after race snarling that takes place between the Brazilians and the American lads. One guy just kept saying BRAZILIAN PUTOS... over and over

7. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

:D

NoStopN, Groundfish, Leftcurl and 3 others like this.
  8. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Omg i have never seen that before and am almost in tears right now.... awesomeness

NoStopN, sturk0167, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  9. MikeV27

MikeV27

Do you go down into 1st gear at all? I started doing that in turn 10 and in turns 14-15 (last chicane) and I made big gains compared to doing them in 2nd gear. It felt much easier to control with the revs high through there, the low end torque makes it snap easily in 2nd while driving over curbs at low speeds.

watto79, Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  10. wowbaggerBR

wowbaggerBR

First off all, I'm very sorry about the :censored: you guys have to put up with concerning Brazilians.

Whenever a Brazilian ruins your race, you all should call them "viuvinhas do Senna"*, works best if the guy is sporting a Senna helmet. They'll lose it, guarantee it, I do it all the time.

* Which translates to: "Senna's little widows". There's some argument here about Piquet being better than Senna(?)** for some reason and the Piquet's faction call the oppoite side "viuvinhas do Senna", which makes them furious for years now.
    ** But hey, this is the country who invented the "nazism is a left wing political movement", so off course there is an argument about Piquet being better than Senna.

11. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Daily C, Genesis GR.3
    Started 10th, Number plate "17"
    Zero error, zero contact, zero overtake. All positions gained by the other drivers' fault and the pit strategy(?).

[​IMG]

7th lap => 5th => PIT => 10th
    11 lap => 6th
    Finished 7th after a Lexus leave me in the dust :D .

[​IMG]

It was fun and very close at the end :) .

[​IMG]
    I love this car :) .

12. sturk0167

sturk0167

Don't be. Americans are just as guilty.

13. O604

O604

Canadians also apologize. We always apologize. Sorry about that.

Canadian trash talk suggestion: "Go back to your igloo and club a seal." <- The igloo comment drives us crazy. Almost no Canadian can resist "correcting" you on that one. :lol:

14. watto79

watto79

I do for the tight left after the penalty zone (assume that's turn 10) but haven't been for the final chicane. I'll give 1st gear a go there as I'm sure that's where I'm still losing significant time.
    Thanks for the advice :tup:

Pigems, RacingGrandpa and MikeV27 like this.
  15. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I kinda miss the "mi-mi-mi-mistah!!" :)

16. wowbaggerBR

wowbaggerBR

Fair enough, I had my share of run-ins with Americans as well. But I'm under the impression that Brazilians are way worse. Or maybe I'm more sensitive to Brazilians ruining online games than the rest of the world.

As far as I remember, I didn't had any stress with Canadians so far in Sport mode, but I'm kinda wanting to have now to see the effect of this line :D:D:D.

A: depending on the car, I sometimes feel I can drive blindfolded that track
    B: it's a repeat, off course, but it is a welcome one. The track is still fresh on my mind and I foresee a profitable week there
    C: would be great if you can't finish without stopping, otherwise it's just one more missed opportunity

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 7:49 PM
    GT5Power, Dairyworker, O604 and 2 others like this.
  17. pivo

pivo

As a pad player, allow me to suggest you to use the right stick as a mini-gear lever. Much more comfortable than R1/L1 finger gymnastics and more "organic" than square/X IMHO.

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  18. Pigems

Pigems

Anyone gonna be racing tonight? I’m debating on weather I should race in NA or EU? Or maybe start an Asian account? Though I probably won’t get a very good connection to the Asian server seeing as I’m on the farthest edge of the East coast that you can possibly get, other than Newfoundland. :)

Happy Friday Everyone!! :cheers:

19. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I am trying to fit one or two into the Friday night schedule here in EMEA, C/S

Pigems likes this.
  20. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

Really no need, I don’t think there’s any situation in a racing game that would make me throw my toys out of the pram. I feel for some of the guys I see getting punted off though... actually I laugh first and then feel concern :lol::lol:

O604 and sturk0167 like this.
  21. sturk0167

sturk0167

I think the Asian account would still be worth it to you, because they often have ridiculously fast Q times, that you would probably like to see.
    For me, it was a big help at race A, this week. :tup:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 9:16 PM
    Pigems, sundaydriving and Dairyworker like this.
  22. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

I'm done with trying to improve on Catalunya! Might do a couple of races over the weekend to see if I can pick up some podiums but GR3 on that track certainly isn't my strongest combination. Next week is probably my weakest track overall in Dragon Trail! Oh well, midfield mangling it is

Pigems likes this.
  23. sturk0167

sturk0167

I just started 2nd at race A, behind Matt Jones. I figured that if I could stay in his slipstream, I may be able to stay within a second of him.
    Then I blew the first turn on lap 1, and that was the end of that. :lol:
    He destroyed everybody. :tup:

Pro tip: The fastest guys are mostly driving the yellow one. :p

GT5Power, O604, Dairyworker and 4 others like this.
  24. Pigems

Pigems

Right, I had forgotten about that for a moment there. Thanks for the reminder. Also, stellar lap on Race A, Well done man! :cheers:

sturk0167 likes this.
  25. sturk0167

sturk0167

Getting in touch with my feminine side.

[​IMG]

26. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm guessing 86/BR-Z or maybe the GRMN 86. We got the Suzuki Swift at Nurburgring. So, I was also thinking could be a european hatch, at a Japanese track, this time.

RacingGrandpa likes this.
  27. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

St. Croix in livery form

28. ROCKET JOE

ROCKET JOE

That's wonderful. There's some danger though as your car might get destroyed by masses of Instagram users, just like they trample down lavender fields in Southern France looking for a nice selfie location :nervous: ... :lol:

Sven Jurgens and sturk0167 like this.
  29. NoStopN

NoStopN

That never happens. Unless they have a YouTube account. :lol:

Ran on Wednesday night & can confirm the muggers come out when the sun goes down. Lost enough SR point to go from S to B. Got punted more times than at a football game.

I am wanting to get in a few races myself in NA.

sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  30. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Lexus feels like it should be decent for Race C. It's like sitting in an old, comfy chair.

Ten laps of short shift practice, ten laps all in the low 1:48s. Range of approx 0.250 seconds.

Now I just have to hope that the tyre wear is decent, while keeping that torque in check for the later laps . .

JoeyLeonine, Pigems and HammyMansell like this.