"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 6, 2020.

1. sturk0167

sturk0167

You gotta be kidding me!
    I need to know that account name. I would have definitely done my best to deny you a pass. :lol: I can easily make it so you have to wreck me to pass me. :mischievous:
    Actually, I've been trying to finish last and lower my DR, so I don't keep getting matched in the top rooms, since I'm really bad at that track.
    I do enjoy it, though. :)

2. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I didn't want to say anything but there is definitely room for improvement in that 32 minute qualifying lap :lol:

Vegard, GT5Power, Redneckchef and 3 others like this.
  3. sturk0167

sturk0167

32:47, buddy.
    Actually, what I did was run the lap with 0 TCS and full throttle all the way. Never let off for a second. I had 1:55 in penalty time. :lol:
    That was still a little too fast, so I parked it on the back straight and took a break for about 15 minutes.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Vegard, Pigems, Tea_Leaves and 6 others like this.
  4. Granadier

Granadier

And you’ll still start ahead of no-qualis :lol: I wanna see the look on their faces when they see you enter with a 32m lap time.

“I’m a beginner. I’ll do my best!”

EinsTheOne, 05XR8, barak181 and 5 others like this.
  5. sturk0167

sturk0167

Yeah, that was the idea. I've had some pretty good comments.
    Those who didn't know me, were really cautions when they got near me. :lol:

I'll never top Sven, though. He did one at Tokyo, where he rubber banded the throttle before he went to bed, and ended up at 14 hours, or something like that. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

EinsTheOne, 05XR8, barak181 and 4 others like this.
  6. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Think I triggered someone today who thought I brake checked them or something. They proceeded to rage. First clip is when they tried an overtake that I thought was late and as I was turning I am not sure I left enough room or what. Next incident is another driver trying to manipulate the penalty system on the straight, this is missing the later part where Mr. rage tried to ram the 3rd place driver and got reset. Finally it comes to where he catches me again, thinks I brake checked him or something by braking AFTER the cones, just as late as I dare. Carnage ensues. He even tries to get me.while ghosted and finally catches me again for one last try. Tried to blame me for it afterwards. Was the first incident my fault? And what about the supposed brake check?

7. linksracer

linksracer

Difficult to tell without having all the camera angles but based on the radar, imo he was never really far enough alongside to be deserving of any space for that corner. On top of that, I wouldn't really call that corner popular for the overtakes. Obviously in hindsight you could have left more space and probably ended up better off from not being punted off the track but I wouldn't assign blame on you for that collision.

Kind of looks like he just decided to forget you were there and go for the apex on the slight bend. Looking at the radar he comes back and hits you again but that could be a result of momentum shifts from the initial collision. Either way doesn't matter since you made it out ahead without any penalties and I'm assuming he didn't punt you off later so doesn't seem like he has ill intentions.

Looks like you braked a reasonable point, so him rear ending you is entirely on him. Had he tried to brake that late without you in front he would have never made the corner, so he got a deserving 4 second penalty. Then after that its kind of just amusing watching him accrue 4 second penalties every time he hits you. What was it, 16 seconds worth of penalties by the end. At least we have proof that the penalty system can apportion blame appropriately some of the time.

Hopefully he got their DR dropped after that race if he wants to behave like that. If he gets that enraged after one penalty, that is quite obvious as to why he received it, then he shouldn't really be racing against people in that DR/SR grouping.

8. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

Haven't played in a few weeks. Tried Lago/Gr.3 tonight- it's a combo I like. 2:00.058 or something, in the RS.01. Punted off in race 1, finished last, AND got demoted to C for my trouble. Ran three more races, got bumped off once more, than had an "OK" race. Finally, in the last race, got ahead of the chaff, and was having a good run, in P6 with the lead group coming down into the hairpin. P7 goes by me inside, no brakes. Holy Crumpled Sheetmetal! I have NFI what else was going on, but at least two other cars hit me and the P5 guy. I got hit twice,bounced off the wall, and left in the gravel. I rejoined in P13, and quit. I've stated before that the penalty system is probably keeping clean players away, and I will stand behind that. Kaz, there's a lot of other ways I can spend my time, and racing cars under a first-person-shooter ruleset is getting lower and lower on my list.

9. ToddSalad

ToddSalad

I'm doing race b for the first time and I am just wondering why is the track backward?

Dairyworker, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  10. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

I can probably edit the clips a little better next time, but that sort of matches what I was feeling. The guy who hit me on the straight to push me wide did have a lunge on the final turn that lap but got the wall. Thanks to aggro boy he ended up finishing ahead anyway. The guy only got 14 seconds I think. The last penalty wasn't as bad. But at that point did it matter?:D

Pigems and linksracer like this.
  11. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Erm, that's the normal direction :crazy:. This is why it's that direction in Circuit Experience ;).

12. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

32k DR to 26500DR. Story of Huracan GT3 at Maggiore. That car sucks.

Pigems likes this.
  13. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

It's not. This is the right way.

14. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Hi! Anybody knows what new update includes?

Pigems likes this.
  15. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

Pigems and LVS_1986 like this.
  16. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Pigems likes this.
  17. NoStopN

NoStopN

Yeah, downloading the update now. Actually, copying now. Playing Wreckfest to get me in the mood for when the GTS update is done. :mischievous:

Groundfish, Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  18. 05XR8

05XR8

Another WRX, Maaaannnn. Started 5th. I get hit from behind at T1. I'll have to watch the replay.
    EN02QzKU0AEYzNl.jpeg
    I think the penalty system was fixed. That bump off, didn't give a penalty to anyone.
    Having a scrap with a gold Supra and that WRX. BIG LEX is hanging in there. It's my "Linus blanket".
    Speed & stability, plus it's power range.

Anyway, I hang back a little because the Sup and REX are not giving either an inch. One corner, Supra brakes a bit early for the cutback. Next corner, WRX uses its handling to outcorner the Supra. Good stuff.

Finally, Supra goes too wide in the esses at the end of the lap before the drop. It's gone. Final lap, WRX goes a bit off track before the Liquid Moly underpass. I get a tow up the hill and into the braking zone, I brake crazy late at the hairpin making up time. WRX sticks like glue at the esses back up the hill.
    Final corner, I close in, but need another lap. Finished where I started.
    EN02Ud9U8AADFbf.jpeg

19. NoStopN

NoStopN

I only ran 3 races this morning & only had a small scuffle with no penalty. So, it looks like they rolled back a good amount of the penalty issues. And after running the Mustang at Maggiore this morning, I have to say that either my driving style has changed or PD has nerfed that car. I never thought I'd say this, but it's too stable....on corner entry. But it's much easier to wheelspin it coming out of a corner. If I was making a ranking list, it would fall so low that I won't bother using it in dailies again.

20. GT5Power

GT5Power

Fruitless attempt to improve my Maggiore Q time. Optimal is now down to a 1:54.547, but my time is still the same 54.863... Just 7 hundredths separate me in P8 and the guy in P4 on the leaderboard and I want to find them.

Groundfish, Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  21. NoStopN

NoStopN

And I thought I was doing pretty good. :boggled:

[​IMG]

I actually got my main account down to a 1:57.6xx

Nations race???? :confused:

[​IMG]

On to the morning's races. The second race was the one where I tried out the Mustang & nope, just nope. I tried the Corvette in the races before & after. That worked much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That second race is a big reason why you shouldn't look behind you coming up to a corner. :lol: Even after I nearly gave away a win, I won comfortably. I bet that fight for second was tasty. :p

[​IMG]

22. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

It follows the usual pattern of updates. First a big one where they add a bunch of things, make some changes and screw things up. A short while later they do a smaller update where they fix the things they broke.. and find new things to break instead :dopey:.

I'm between 8 and 9 on that list :scared:.

I did some laps with the 'vette, and almost matched my R.S.01 time, Optimum was faster. Nice and stable. I also ran some laps with the Aston. The Aston is quite similar to the 'vette, but I think it turns in a little sharper. I'm hoping to run them both over the next couple of nights :odd:.

23. Stephan

Stephan Premium

I love Daily Race C mainly because it has that Porsche Unleashed vibe to it.

So I did some quali trials around the track and ended up getting a 8:01 which led to me being in pole for most of the time. For the race, it was just me about surviving and not end up getting off the track which hurts because those penalties were proven to be a factor as to why I wasn't able to convert some of my poles into wins. But in this one I managed to get a W.

Overall I like this daily race.

24. DigDugJones

DigDugJones

Well I took everyone's advice regarding my understeering issue posted yesterday and just started braking a bit earlier and ended up with a win (in the Audi, one of my least favorite cars) and a handful of top 5 runs.

Who knew it would be that simple. lol

DelboyD, NoStopN, barak181 and 3 others like this.
  25. DigDugJones

DigDugJones

I had something similar happen last week at Interlagos. There was a pack of four cars ahead of me that I was specifically keeping away from because I knew what was coming. They all wrecked at the end of the straight where you take your penalty heading into the left hand turn. I had no contact, cleared the wreck before the caution appeared and came out of the corner with a 5 second penalty.

I have a feeling the yellow "comes out" before it's displayed on the screen...and hits players with the passing under the yellow penalty.

RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  26. Pigems

Pigems Premium

So, is the penalty system fixed today? Or at least improved? :)

27. MhtyClipster

MhtyClipster

Not sure about fixed, I just did 2 race B's and there was plenty of contact and ramming going down, would have been penalties galore before the update. I didn't see any, I punted someone off at the chicane and was expecting a 5 second penalty but I got nothing at all. Least there are not as many silly penalties now maybe.... :boggled:
    On the plus side I qualified half a second faster today with a 1:57:834 and got back up to DR B, for now at least.
    Probably get punted down to DR C next race, we will see. FFS you can get a penalty just got 7 seconds for door to door, we both went off.
    Back to DR C for me, could be just me on the combo for race B this week, but less chance of penalties means a higher chance of being divebombed especially at my DR level.

Underthewhip, theschledy and Pigems like this.
  28. BenRod

BenRod

Me : 40984/99 (current batting average .213)
    upload_2020-1-9_7-0-6.png

Sven : 41541/99
    upload_2020-1-9_7-5-51.png

I ran four races at Nord yesterday before switching to Daily A. Sven was the 1st of the non-qualifiers in three, and he beat me every time, even getting a 2nd place finish and a 3rd, if I remember correctly.

Lag is deadly there. I was surrounded by South Americans at one point... a 3 bar and a 1 bar ahead, and a 3 bar and a 1 bar behind. Unraceable. Luckily, I decided not to back off, and they took themselves out allowing me to drive through and pull away from the mayhem.
    And then the cones... in a single race I took 5 to the face, and ran over at least 15, losing multiple positions. Before anybody says anything - it's far too entertaining for me to turn them off. :D

HAH! That's you? Dude, you were ON IT like a boss in that one race. I started 7th, cars going off ahead about 3 minutes in, and I find myself in 3rd. What the hell? I didn't realize what happened until that bonehead wearing the "party hat" was blasting through everybody like he was scared, knocked me into the wall, and tried to take out the leaders. Then you suddenly appeared next to me and zoomed away to go take him out. I appreciate the way you dispatched him... I was cackling like a witch as I passed his ghost sitting next to the wall with 20s of penalty. :cheers:

29. Famine

Famine Administrator

Just did a race A. Guy in first did a corner cut and got 0.5s. Two other people finished with red dots. Whole lobby was D/S but for two B/S and one A/S.

Cautious optimism.

30. GT5Power

GT5Power

A 1:57.6 should be enough to get you pole in anything but the top lobby, so I wouldn't be worried :)

I improved to a 1:54.838 eventually, having entered the final sector a bit more than a tenth down on my PB. Time loss wasn't as obvious in this lap as it was in the previous one (where I missed an apex in the two right handers in S4). S1 and S2 on my 54.863 were mental, I've only managed to get within a tenth of that S2 split once :eek: Kind of unusual for me since whenever I clock a really good sector or two, I usually bottle it later in the lap :lol:

This improvement moved me up a position to P7 in EMEA. Last time this combo was in the dailies, the cutoff for the top 10 ended up at 1:54.900, so I hope my .838 is enough to keep me on the leaderboard until the end of the event :nervous: