"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 15, 2021.

1. HeartStopper

HeartStopper

Is your PSN Oh5XR8? If so, I was in your race with the AMG in a Mustang. Actually passed you once on the last corner early in the race, but was caught up and overtaken at the first chicane. I though everyone quite "polite" in the first lap around me but saw at the end (I came 3rd) that a lot of penalties behind me. Was going to congratulate you at the end but you had already left.

Timm Sheehan and Pigems like this.
  2. 05XR8

05XR8

PDLogic™ probably rates cars from a grid start. AWD beats FF.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  3. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

Yeah, I was making a joke :) I‘ve installed CWDM & DWDM!

Pigems likes this.
  4. Groundfish

Groundfish

You gotta hand it to the geniuses at PD who decided to maximize penalty sensitivity on the dirt track.
    :::facepalm:::
    I hadn’t driven of late, entered and boom pen every time cars came near, which was every lap S-D.
    Going in to join Monza, now.
    It shows the greatest pinnacle of human genius, when you can knock an n300 totally off track at Tsukuba and get a green sr up arrow yet breathe on a car ON A DIRT TRACK and penalized. Lmao.
    Wow.
    And there was a guy here recently questioning alt account use...
    I’m speechless.

PD. YOUR PENALTY SYSTEM IS ABYSMAL.

I’m done with this horrid week.

NosOsH, sturk0167, KiepeYai and 6 others like this.
  5. O604

O604

I did 2 Race Cs tonight. I should have taken pictures or worked on a livery instead. :lol:

TBH it's actually pretty decent for Monza. Still messy at the usual spots but not as bad as previous Monza Daily Races. I got pushed off in both races but it wasn't intentional. The penalty serving zone can be dangerous, if cars are close you can get a bunch of ghosts all respawning at the same time, 3 wide. That's one spot I got shoved off.

Groundfish, Pigems and ASH32 like this.
  6. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

What a weird night at monza. I get rolling and feel I am well down on pace, just don't feel good. I remember racing here in April with RH and RM and had some good races in the stang. Try the stang, gtr, vantage and f type. Actually set my fastest time in f type (48.5) but again, feel slow.

Race with all the above bar the gtr, the mustang was a battle, has this car been changed over the past few months??? I just no longer feel good in it. Brakes especially, felt terrible here.

Anyways in the end set a 48.1 in the db9. I go back and check, still feeling like I need a half second more, and in April I qualied with a 49.1! So I found a second....but still feel slow.

Anyways I check out the America's fastest lap and the chap with fastest America's time is using the EXACT skaife/Richard's gtr livery i use.....What a weird thing to see. Who uses an aussie livery in America's?

So to the experience, what a monumental joke the penalty sysrem is. I entered one race SRS 99 and finished SRC 32. Absolutely insane. All and any contact is severely punished, it is crazy. You mozy into a corner all super careful and 2 cars tangle, one recovers but then taps you, no harm no foul...I cop 4 seconds!!! Like what????? It is atrocious, you absolutely cannot race, impossible

7. meekrab

meekrab

I think this is just a "feature" of the replay player when you load a replay of the same car you're currently in a session with, because the same thing happened to me with a custom livery I haven't even released.

8. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Is anyone else using the Mazda RX Vision for the Monza race? Interested to know what lap times people are getting in it.

Pigems likes this.
  9. ASH32

ASH32

Not yet, on the list to try today, will let you know how I feel about it once I've tried it. ;)

So far Vette, Vantage and Mustang all good and not much between them, although my Vette best lap was late in the race and messy and still pretty quick so that and the leaderboards probably tell you how good that car is. :tup:

Wouldn't recommend the GT-R, F1 or AMG but that's not saying you can't get results with them, especially if you drive one of them a lot. :indiff:

:gtplanet::cheers:

10. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Thanks, keen to know how competitive (or not competitive) it might be - it's my random car choice for the week...

Pigems likes this.
  11. TonyTufast

TonyTufast

Shot back up to B this morning after the reset on Monday, really liking the Aston round Monza, tried the vette but couldn't get it clicking quite right. The Aston seems to suit how I drive.

My SR is looking a bit like a rollercoaster at the moment, but I'm hoping so is everyone else's with this week.

Might try push my luck and see if I can't break the 15000 mark.

12. Pigems

Pigems Premium

This is the case, if you’re in the same car as the replay you’re watching, the car in the replay will have your livery on it. :tup:

Redneckchef, Rexracer702 and KiepeYai like this.
  13. BalsBrother

BalsBrother

My SR is like a lie detector graph when someone asks me if I like pineapple on pizza and I say no.

14. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I figured out why I can brake later... I must be going slower.

15. ASH32

ASH32

It's the worst car I've used so far, as soon as someone in front interrupts your momentum you have the car/s behind getting runs on you easily. Even when you overtake a car it's too easy for them to re-pass you straight away or if you defend, bump you and cause more cars to catch up. I spent all race battling B rated drivers (that I'd usually not have much trouble leaving behind) in their Vette/Vantage (yes all of them were in one of these) and was lucky I gained 8 places to 12th and only lost a tiny amount of SR, it was hard work. :scared::yuck:

Next I tried the DBR9, much better, well once I cleared all the D rated drivers that I was matched with due to low S SR, such an unfair and dangerous matchmaking system. I was too far behind to catch any of the A rated drivers so I got a good feel for the car with all the clean air. I think I prefer the Vantage because it handles better but maybe others will want this car for it's slightly higher top speed. :cool:

Now what to test later on. :idea:

16. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Good to know, thanks for taking one for the team! I've run it through a couple of simulation runs and found it alright in regards to handling and stability, but that's not against actual competition, so yeah. Interesting, thanks!

Timm Sheehan, KiepeYai and Pigems like this.
  17. ASH32

ASH32

Yes it's handling is fine and I think in clear air it may be ok, especially if you get to know it. It's just that this is not going to happen often here and unfortunately it's not as if most of the people I was racing were divebombing either, they were just cruising up to me and trying to pass normally and if a car slowed me on exit it was often multiple cars. I bet there's worse cars than this though but hopefully I don't end up testing one of them. :nervous:

18. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Try it with BB at -2

KiepeYai, Pigems and MidnightRun85 like this.
  19. Rotary_Pilot

Rotary_Pilot

Well after spending some time practicing Monday to get the track layouts better ingrained into my brain, I took my alt account out racing at Monza and Fuji, was able to get DR up to top of C, but SR was another story.

First Monza race I was P7 on the grid in the FT1 (not many to choose from on this account yet) and by the time we get to turn 1, we are 3 wide and 3 deep, so I just stay outside and hope I can find a way through all the carnage. NOPE, P14? or similar doesn't need brakes and barrels into the pack and I sail through the chicane barriers on the outside, get reset and pick up a 4 second penalty for smacking into someone who had spun into my ballistic trajectory before I ghosted. After resetting I get going DFL and after passing two two who were ghosted after Grande, I am behind a GTR entering Roggia. He gets sideways and I slow to avoid and try to get to the inside as they slide out, but PUNT and into the GTR. Another 4 seconds for a total of 8. No penalties for the ones behind. DFL again. After serving my decade of PEN time, I just concentrate on lapping.

Only made three legit racing passes from there twice 8n Parabolica and one through Grande. Finished in P6 as the rest of the field crashed or quit their way to the back.

Not much different at Fuji. My main isn't A+, or anything close, but I think I'll preserve the B/S rating for this week and leave it on the shelf, starting next week or FIA with 99 SR.

KiepeYai, OJBrit, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  20. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

That's what I have the BB set to, seems pretty solid for me on -2. Can get a decent turn in and early acceleration as a result.

RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  21. ASH32

ASH32

Will try that on my US account, I think I left it on 0 on my main, not sure it'll make much difference though as it was later on where the others were really gaining, we'll see. ;)

KiepeYai, Pigems and MidnightRun85 like this.
  22. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Yep it won't make you faster on the straights, just helps with cornering speeds.

Pigems likes this.
  23. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

It’s been a mixed bag at Monza tonight. I’ve had a disco, been absolutely murdered a couple of times and had one race where a sequence of penalties for having the audacity to be on the apex when the guy outside wants to take the racing line saw me bumped from 4th to 10th.

There are an increasing number of drivers who seem to have no idea how to safely and quickly drive the track. They want to constantly go 2 wide into chicanes, defend from lap 2 even though they’re on medium tyres, I’m on hards and I’m gaining out of every turn and, worst of all, fail to compensate for slipstream and ALWAYS end up in the back of the car in front.

However, I’ve also had good results in tough lobbies and, after a D/E reset a week ago I am back to DRA/Sr99. Somehow, Monza is becoming my strongest track despite its intimidating potential for disaster.

24. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Timm Sheehan likes this.
  25. Barney Da Dog

Barney Da Dog

Does bump drafting give a negative SR? Had a chap helping me along yesterday at Monza and we made up a lot of time til I had to pit. I'm sure I've tried it in the past and had the downward arrow.

BalsBrother likes this.
  26. BalsBrother

BalsBrother

If you are careful doing it you won't get an SR loss. Be sure car in front is on a steady line, not approaching a brake zone or any sort of corner, gentle nudge and everyone benefits. Wish more folks would do this instead of trying to stuff their car into every gap even if it's just a pixel wide

27. ASH32

ASH32

Yes the Mazda RX Vision is no good, at least for me, it's at least a second a lap slower than the good cars. Even the RCZ I just used is faster and that has no top speed, as soon as you pull out of the slipstream the other car pulls away again. :lol:

MidnightRun85 likes this.
  28. OJBrit

OJBrit

RacingGrandpa and absbrain like this.
  29. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

What sort of lap times were you getting with it, out of interest? My qually time with it is 1:48:2XX.

30. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

I will NEVER understand the bump draft at Monza. Last night I was under a lot of pressure in S/A rooms and I would take a defensive line early, if you can legit pass me on the outside then so be it. Anyways, instead of taking the outside, folks bump draft up the inside as if I am not there. Like what? Why, how is that helping you?

The amount f fast guys with zero racing skills staggers. They're SO QUICK but have no idea otherwise.

RacingGrandpa likes this.