"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 29, 2020.

1. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

haha nahh luckily i got by really fast before the mayhem started,

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Pigems and x5abotagex86 like this.
  2. NoStopN

NoStopN

Just got a look at my profiles. Looks like I should get my SR up on my R4M account & DR up on the TPC account. I guess it's off to race C on my alts.

Pigems likes this.
  3. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Had a few weeks off from racing. On my return I went from DR S to D after about 3 races at the red bull ring, they didn't seem dirty races, just messy. Switched to Suzuka & back to S. The hairpin is my weak point, can't seem to get the drive out of it, even when I'm not covering the inside & go for the racing line. Set a slow QT usually starting 17 ish, best result so far is 4th :cheers:

4. meekrab

meekrab

Broke into the 48s today at Suzuka, feels good. I've been struggling all week just to run back to back 49s and finally ran 4 fast laps in a row to hit the 48. :)

Pigems, LVS_1986 and x5abotagex86 like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

*raises hand*:D
    I named them that a while ago at the Monza race back in March.
    This was in May:

Pigems, darth_tails and RacingGrandpa like this.
  6. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Great to meet ya tonight

7. darth_tails

darth_tails

Well i shall lay a credit in the descriptor!

Liveries have been done for both the Gr 3 and Gr 4 version of the RCZ, check livery thread later!

8. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

I set new QT for C, 1,47.9xx, thats crazy... Way above my level I think:)
    At last PP for first time this week

9. CapableRamblr

CapableRamblr

Well... I'm pretty much done with GTSport online racing. I'm sick of trying to get my DR up, and when I'm near to jumping (back) into the next bracket, having a stupid idiot a-hole from ... a South American country (I'll leave it at that) take me out on the first lap, first turn at Red Bull. Sent me into the wall, which of course means I got a 1.5 penalty. And last place once I got back on track. Then I watched him crash a couple more cars. Managed to get back by, only to have him punt me again in the short chute before the front stretch. Another penalty for me (track limit). Then he body slams me all the way down the front stretch, and forces me wide again on turn one. Another penalty. He got zero penalties through all that, and only managed second last place.

Needless to say, this is not the only episode I've encountered. While every race program has it's fools, and while there are many very good and fair minded drivers on this one, it's to full of idiots to make it fun. I'm sick of it.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020 at 3:49 PM
    baygencos, LVS_1986 and Timm Sheehan like this.
  10. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Thats the problem... Avoid B races in gr4, especially on RBR... Have you tried C race?

11. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

I never thought ill ever win race C , It took me a week but oh well, racked up 3 wins here and i enjoyed each one of them a lot ,

now i get it when f1 drivers say they love suzuka, its simply because its hard, so racing around it yields a certain level of enjoyment

Pigems, ASH32, LVS_1986 and 8 others like this.
  12. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Group 4 is unplayable, it's utterly joyless FF madness. I cannot get within 1.5 seconds of my RCZ time with any FR car I tried. It's just stupid.

13. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Man, having a go on late night Saturday NA races. Like a demo derby in race A. Just had 1 guy spend the whole race pushing people off into the grass if you got near them, brake checking or punting if the chance came. Then claimed they were getting unfairly punished by the penalty system and us not leaving them room.:lol:

Would have punted them if I had the chance, but pushing the desperate inside pass on the final turn lap 3 I caught a wheel on the inside grass and went for a spin cycle.:boggled:

14. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Hello all! I created this account on :gtplanet: because since my country is going down onto a second lockdown (yes, really), I thought I'd spend some more time with my consoles after getting my new PC and binging Assetto Corsa touges and japanese highways for a very much long time.

Dusted off GT Sport, did some laps on my own, and looks like I've still got it :D. Certainly can push more than in Assetto Corsa (especially with a controller), and it's a blessing to not have to warm tires and brakes, and that every car has ABS. Sadly I've lost my old account which I believe sat at around an A-S rating (very fluctuant, wasn't the most consistent back then), so I'm pretty hyped to try out the knowledge I've gained from other games, as well as the experience, into some daily races.

Next week, I'll be back on the warpath :cool:. Hope it goes well.

Pigems, crusselz, Rexracer702 and 9 others like this.
  15. baygencos

baygencos

I had the most fair, greatest races of sport mode this morning. There was a pilot pushing and punting others for the win.
    He pushed the leading pilot out, i catch him and pass, hold him for the ex-leader to pass. I got a 1.5sc penalty but no worries.
    Next race another punter A/S, pushes the leader out, i catch and pass him but he pushes me out, a dude from the back comes and takes the unfair idiot out and opens my way.
    Great fair play.

16. Jason885

Jason885

Race A is funny with all the bumping and scraping in T1 & T2 like a demolition derby to start of with but for the most part it is a good little race with the majority fighting for that next place, its just the odd scally that is hell bent on ramming everyone possible that puts a dampener on a race.

Pigems, 8l23ub and CapableRamblr like this.
  17. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Sunday mornings are best for racing, just did 2 Cs, mixed grid B,A,A+ Its a pleasure racing with fast and clean guys, 2 cars side by side in the hairpin, degner even, and everybody survived! Waiting for another one to start...
    Edit: dr at 35k, never been so high

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020 at 9:27 AM
  18. CapableRamblr

CapableRamblr

Yes. Raced a couple at Suzuka before going to RB. Did fair. Up 10 spots the second race. I don't qualify, so start in the back. One, I'm not in the same league as most racing C. I don't want to be a roadblock in the first lap. Two, I learned that by qualifying and being punted to the rear several times in the past, so may as well start there to begin with. I pick up positions by others making mistakes.

Still would like to mix things up for the experience, so I race B as well. Usually, I can gain 5-8 spots. Perhaps I should qual there. In that particular race, I would have started on the pole. IF I could get the same time as my fastest while Arcade TT practice.

Question. I keep reading numbers associated with DR/SR. Where are these numbers found? All I've seen is the bar graph under DR in my profile.

Pigems, x5abotagex86 and LVS_1986 like this.
  19. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/events.php
    Click "Players" then type your PSN name into the search box.

20. CapableRamblr

CapableRamblr

Pigems, x5abotagex86 and The_Tullster like this.
  21. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

Don't pay too much attention to it, it will give you a nervous breakdown :sly:
    Watching the trend over longer periods is more useful as a tool for monitoring your progress than checking it after every race.

tttao, Pigems, tonospeed and 6 others like this.
  22. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

Perhaps the best GT Sport advice I’ve ever read. Though I will not heed it myself :)

23. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

Even more useful is monitoring your own actual times at each circuit in each car, drawing a line through the record every time there's a BoP update. The DR/SR data only tells you how you compare to other drivers. If everyone is improving at the same rate including you, your DR won't change even though your lap times are coming down, because everyone else is improving as well.
    It also gives no indication of how much time other drivers are investing in practice. For someone like me who can only afford 8 - 10 hours a week, I've almost no hope of approaching the standard of a driver who is investing 4 - 6 hours a day in practice and racing. If enough drivers are getting more useful practice than me it's entirely possible that my DR will go down despite my personal driving standard getting better.

24. Jason885

Jason885

Lol some dirty French lad that doesn't like to be passed just spun me in to the pit lane just before the race finish, you couldn't write it hahaha.

Pigems, LVS_1986 and baygencos like this.
  25. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

I have several punts and spins in the Dailies lately from drivers of a certain country on the South American continent and not sure why. One performed a perfect PIT MANEUVER that I should send to law enforcement so they can put it in their training videos.

26. Jason885

Jason885

Just can not get to grips with having TCS set below 2, not like I haven't given it a good go, as have about 5-6 hours practice over the week and the best I can do is a 1.09 lap (Race A) with back swing from time to time and odd spin off.
    It is noticeable that I am loosing positions having my TCS set at 2 even though I have 2 wins and best lap at 1.06.1 (usual lap time of 1.07.xx) have even done a 1.06 lap on TCS 3 lol.
    Followed all advice given the other week but just seem to not get it right.

27. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

Well great week of race C for me, but only had time for 10 races or so, hopefully do more tonight! Helped me atleast stay consistent with my DR.

Goodluck next week folks!

oh! Remember F1 started today, may watch recap of that instead. Cheers

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020 at 8:58 PM
    Pigems, LVS_1986 and RacingGrandpa like this.
  28. baygencos

baygencos

I can not give you any advice as i'm on the same boat as you. Can not pull a clean lap with tcs0 or 1. I even spinned on the start finish straight.
    Set at tcs2 i can lap 1.04.xxx but i'm losing too much time. I'm trying to live with it.

Pigems, LVS_1986 and Jason885 like this.
  29. Jason885

Jason885

That is a brill lap time, no idea how you do it but it's working for you, I'm way off that, I race with the thought that I'm only trying to set my best lap while dodging the others :)

30. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Just had a wild race C as I thought it could be worth a go in the morning on the last day. Started p12 of 15. Was a bit cautious and ended lap 1 at p7. Was up and down a little as I sometimes got a wheel on the grass but nothing crazy. 1 guy who barged a few wide had a run in with another guy who was aggressive but not particularly dirty. They were having a slow down race up to the end, then it kicked off. I took a wild gamble and it paid off with 2 free positions.

Field was crazy. A/S driver through to D/D.

Pigems, ASH32, LVS_1986 and 7 others like this.