"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 14, 2020.

1. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

Some individuals got sick race craft , ie moving very late ,doing double moves,, i think they just defend the position at all cost because they know they dont have the pace to repass so apparently its better to lose time fighting

, He moved really late , i had to swerve but it was too late i tapped him and he had 1 sec penalty, he just hates being responsible i guess so he decided to wait for me so he can punt me but guess what happened ,,,, credits to PD , first time they did me right . I saw him coming and i thought my race was over, i even missed the apex just concentrating at the radar:D .

he had 86 on his name so i assumed he was 34, ( i always assume if you older , you're wiser but this wasn't the case) we were Both running in decent positions and it was still the opening laps but he still thought it was necessary to play ping pong
    :boggled:

2. 05XR8

05XR8

Race C. How I drive the final sector in the 787B(DS4):

brake from the Dunlop sign. 5-4-3-2-1st gear. Steering right, shift to 2nd gear. While the gear is being selected, straighten steering. Ride left kerb. Accelerate with straight steering over kerb on right.
    Select 3rd gear and slight lift just before rear wheels leave the kerb.
    Accelerate thru and downshift to 2nr. Feather throttle into the right-hander and hard acceleration in the long left. Selecting 3rd gear.

Lift, select 2nd. Brake wheel straightening steering. Apply half brake pressure and get the car turned right.
    Hard acceleration as the car moves right. Only right tyres on the kerb and keep acceleration before slowing for the final turn.

Got that?;)

3. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

its the last turn for me. it just doesn't make any sense. I probably lose alot of time there.

Pigems likes this.
  4. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

I go slightly deep, not sure of the brake point, but fairly straight braking, then turn just as I need to stop and basically ramp it up as I straighten out, a very hairpin type turn for me. Cutting back so that as I straighten it up and has it I am still cutting back sharply enough to have my right side tires clip that curb as I drive out. It works for me but I dont think it's the fastest. Might pay to watch a top 10 lap.

Stencedaddy and Pigems like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

Try this

Fwd to 5:40 left

OR_2020, O604, GTWolverine and 4 others like this.
  6. GT5Power

GT5Power

Next week's dailies
    A: N600 @ Route X, 1 lap, RH / Setup enabled
    B: Gr.4 @ Autopolis, 4 laps, RH
    C: Gr.3 @ Brands Hatch, 13 laps, RM/RH, Tires x8 Fuel x3

Edit: Got A and B order mixed up because Kudos is glitched, now correct

ROUTE X BABY

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Ddkklop, O604, tttao and 8 others like this.
  7. Stanfandango

Stanfandango

Race B. I've had some good results, and some not so great, in the distinctly non-meta Veyron and the equally ignored Citroen GT. The Veyron especially needs some figuring out.

sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  8. 05XR8

05XR8

Race B was 4C heaven. I figure it's going to be Scirocco and TT heaven, with a sprinkle of Evo/WRX.

barak181, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  9. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Gr.4 Autopolis next week is also a one-make. Maybe the TT Cup? :sly:

barak181, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  10. DanSHW

DanSHW

One-make, but garage car, so at least we've got liveries!

Pigems and dlshearon like this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

One make? Garage Car?
    RCZ! :lol:

Hope it's something different: SLS, 458, Mustang.

It'll probably be the GR.4 86. Because we know PD love their 86s. :cool:

12. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

If it's a FF then it's time to work on the "Nerf me" liveries..

13. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

I seem to be fairly good under braking and I love the first sector, even set a few purples.
    Final sector, brake just before the cones(like one car length) and move to the right side, i.e trying to cut the corner. Don't shift into 1st too quickly, go 4-3-2....1 otherwise major spins.
    For the turn after stay in second gear and brake at the cone. I won't offer much for the corner after that since I suck at it, but the little grey strip on the outside of the track is when I go to 2nd, but you decide when you shift to first.
    Final turn, shift to 2nd 1-2 car lengths before the red thing on the inside of the track, maintain 2nd gear and 90-100kph and don't accelerate much.
    :cheers:

Pigems and GTWolverine like this.
  14. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

I did one Race C yesterday before the FIA Nation's race, and even though my qualifying lap wasn't one I felt great about (it was decent, just not as quick as I expected to be in a car I thought I'd enjoy), it was quick enough for 2nd on the grid, in an SR99 room with DR ranging from A+ to D. I qualified with the Sauber, but decided to use the Nissan for the race. At the start, pole position immediately pulled over to drop to the back, so I led from there for the first 8 laps. He and someone else eventually worked their way through the field and passed me, so I finished 3rd, with a FL that was almost 2s slower than the overall FL. I know the Sauber is the META for this event, but I doubt it's 2s faster than the Nissan in race conditions. Either way, the polesitter/winner was in a 956 anyway, so clearly I've got work to do. I think I got the braking right for T1 once in 13 laps...

Pigems likes this.
  15. sturk0167

sturk0167

SSRX??? Wow! :eek: :tup:
    They better turn the penalties off for that one, like they did for the Nations race. Does that track even have a penalty zone?

16. kungtotte_

kungtotte_

Man, both B and C look great for next week! Been a string of so-so races the past few weeks.

Pigems and barak181 like this.
  17. Jason885

Jason885

Mmmm think it will be race B for me next week :boggled: seeing its the track I have done my best at so far.

Pigems and barak181 like this.
  18. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

Even though they "turned off" the penalties, several people still got DQ'd for contact in that race.

Pigems, sturk0167 and AfraidRacer like this.
  19. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

What's your Quali/Race FLs? I'd like to compare times.
    Also, I've found best approach for T1 with the C9 is to brake at the cone, completely lift and then pin the throttle as soon as you get the car rotated.

Someone on this thread also mentioned 'revving the socks off', thanks for the tip!

Pigems likes this.
  20. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I'm in.

crusselz, Pigems, GT5Power and 2 others like this.
  21. sturk0167

sturk0167

It may be the most ideal race ever for alt accounts. :cool:

BenRod, crusselz, Rexracer702 and 2 others like this.
  22. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

I dunno if it’s just my driving or what but b race qual...The cars feel funky...
    I haven’t had time to put in 15-20 laps in a row, so far my best result time wise was Ferrari. The m4 felt really really good in race...Tried the vette a bit on qual, felt lousy to me, stang felt ok.
    Next up tonight will be AMG then Mcclaren.
    Something’s felt off though on all cars I’ve driven on b, it’s probably just me.
    C race, the one I did the Porsche felt excellent and well planted.
    A race I tried the older car...It drove well, but I’m just not that great at Laguna Seca.
    The races were pretty clean tho.
    Good luck out there.
    Ps I refuse to run ff at Maggiore.

Rexracer702, Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  23. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

I'm at a 1:28.291 right now. I'm surprised it's still in the Top 100 (barely) for the Americas, so maybe it's a better time than I thought.

Rexracer702, Pigems and AfraidRacer like this.
  24. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Main or nothing :cool:
    I guess penalties will be turned off but the disqualification thing left on like the FIA race.

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  25. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Was contemplating the daily races today, but i think i made the right choice.

20200917_180707.jpg

26. O604

O604

I didn't notice until recently how similar some events in Fall Guys are to Takeshi's Castle. Makes me love it more.

Congrats on the win. :cheers:

ShiftingGears, Pigems, 6BK and 2 others like this.
  27. sturk0167

sturk0167

I did all five available Nations races that day, and don't remember seeing any DQs. What is the criteria for DQ?

Pigems likes this.
  28. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

I don't think anyone outside of PD knows the exact answer. I don't even think PD themselves know.

29. Ferrari458Italia

Ferrari458Italia Premium

Guys i am absolutely HOOKED on online racing. I can't believe I've owned this game since launch and just started online racing 3 weeks ago for first time..... I had a super insane race last night. I had pole position but turn 1 I got straight up bullied and rammed off the track and ended up being 12th place. I slowly clawed my way through and finished the race in 3rd place lol. i could have finished 2nd if i didnt get too aggressive on the last lap & didn't get a 3 second penalty at the beginning of the race for absolutely no reason lol
    ahhhhh i love this game so much lol

30. 6BK

6BK

Welcome to the nut house. You’ll have a love hate relationship with online, especially the penalties. It’s the most frustrating past time possible for 10 until it goes right just once. But that “once” feels so good you’ll punish yourself for another 10 looking to get that high back.*

*GTSport not to be confused With illicit and illegal narcotics.

As for next week, my best results come from Autopolis in the Gr4 FWD Derbys using Scirocco. Single make from garage looks really interesting.

On the other hand, Brands Hatch is my favourite track. Ooooh it could be a good week.

Pigems and Redneckchef like this.