"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RZQSPEED, May 13, 2019.

1. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Keep at it. You seem to be about where I was when I arrived here. Frequent top 3 qualifies and finishes now, unheard of two weeks ago!

Qyn, Lilium, GT5Power and 3 others like this.
  2. Pigems

Pigems

Ah man, I had a great round a bumper cars with a guy on lap two in this one and I couldn’t save the replay, not enough space.

I had him coming into the first big straight and as I try to pass him he blocks me and tries to pinch me off into the wall, no biggie. I get around him through the chicane and I see him setting up to punt me when we brake for the next one, so I swerve a little and brake early to get behind him so he can’t punt me. But I get ahead again before the end of the next straight so I brake early again and he tries to punt me again, unsuccessfully. So I make sure I’m behind him for the next corner and send him to the moon lol, 6s penalty and guess who’s right there again on the next few corners, yup, sent him off again for good measure and then finished just in front of him lol. What an ugly race, I must be reset by now. :lol:

ED8C9B2B-1E67-458D-A06B-A51912B1B823.jpeg

Yup, D E starting the next race. :lol:

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Arcflyer, Qyn, bdubclub and 6 others like this.
  3. sturk0167

sturk0167

Damn. I'd like to see that replay. Sorry for being a bad influence. When I was a kid, there were parents in my neighborhood that wouldn't let their kids play with me.

Qyn, bdubclub, JoeyLeonine and 4 others like this.
  4. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I don't know about Race A. Last time I did one of those with The Mustang, it was actually the cleanest of all the races (Probably because people actually realized the car had nowhere near the amount of downforce for stupid moves and on a track where having just one off kills your race). If anything, I expect the same for this week as this car requires even more of that common sense thinking. If anything, I expect many of the careless kids/man children (AKA, F1 wannabes and tryhards) are going for the high downforce stuff in race B and C. The people with Actual skill and a grasp on actual race craft (and with actual talent) are gonna do Race A.

Qyn and Pigems like this.
  5. Pigems

Pigems

No worries, I was that kid too!! :lol:

Storage all cleaned up now, that won’t happen again. I wanted to rewatch that one too!!

I don’t suggest trying the Ferrari, it’s a spin machine, fast though. :)
    75491627-3DB0-42FD-A6F7-896C92CA5FFA.jpeg

6. sturk0167

sturk0167

I had a tough time with that thing during my speed test, because it was difficult to keep it pointed in the right direction.

Qyn, Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  7. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

4:05.535 in France after five laps in the Porsche, and five in the F1. Still a decent chunk of time to come off, as I think they're the only laps in Gr.3 cars I've done on this circuit.

Race C is going to be avoided, unless I can set a sub 1:30 lap. I'm not sure I will, though. That whole "sucks in open wheelers" thing . . Then again, I'm crap with Gr.1, too. They're too fast for me, as I get older.

8. CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

2 laps at race B make it quite pointless. And those penalties are beyond stupid. Gonna try my luck at race C with my epic 1.35 qualy time.

Tea_Leaves, Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  9. Pigems

Pigems

That it is, loved to slip around on exits. I tried the AMG next and I had 2nd until the final corners when the guys around me decided to duke it out at the finish, it figures that I’d get the worst of the penalties. :lol:

96DD2640-A3C9-4315-9340-96FE1F5EB28A.jpeg

The Lancer is next up, I’m running out of cars on this account lol. I can buy a new one after this race though. :D

Qyn, Invisigoth, Loverson and 4 others like this.
  10. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

I made it to SR.A now. There were a couple laggy Brazilians in McLarans in the last race. Lag still works in the favor of the rammer. -12 SR for that race to 72. Get rammed from behind, receive a penalty, still works, plus the obligatory draft bumps. I guess driving on the edge of the road is considered blocking, SR Down.

It's all good, perhaps SR.A is a bit cleaner. SR.S is a full on battlefield in the back. I'm starting to regret my decision not to switch to the next car until I manage a clean race bonus. Stuck in the 4C, hoping to start last some day so I don't get SR Down before even crossing the start :/

Hmm, more Brazilians. At least he waited until Dunlop before ramming me. Neutral A surrounded by a bunch of red B's. Got punted off 3 times, penalties don't compensate for time lost. But maybe the reckless drivers will sink faster than they can drag me along :/

It's dirty hour. I haven't seen anyone make a legitimate pass in the last 3 races. It's just like racing against the AI!

Hit in T minus 4 already lol, or do we count chicanes as one turn each. -2 SR, another to SR Downs from getting hit from behind. 72 SR left. I've got the GR.3 4C figured out now, time for a clean race bonus so I can move on. Nice car, but too slow for this track.

Qyn, Invisigoth, F1LMFan and 4 others like this.
  11. Pigems

Pigems

I thought I was about to get a Dub there for a minute, things just opened right up, and then promptly slammed shut again. :lol: The Lancer is slow but it handles great!! You can brake waaaaay late on the straights. :)

54E847DC-B0D5-413E-9B27-CA602609F217.jpeg

Qyn, Invisigoth, F1LMFan and 4 others like this.
  12. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

@Pigems I was wondering why I'm not seeing you on the track, you're at SR 4 lol. That explains the car ghosting through you, could use some of that in SR.A :lol:. I'll get there some time, the only direction SR moves while starting in the back is down. Those neutrals or +1 +2 SR once in a blue moon are no match for the draft bump SR Down elevator.

Fun racing anyway, it's hard not to laugh at all the dumb moves people try in the back.

Qyn, NosOsH, Dairyworker and 2 others like this.
  13. Pigems

Pigems

Yeah it bumper cars all day down here lol, fun though at times. :lol:

@Sven Jurgens Come on down, you’re the next contestant on the Race is Right!! :D
    77D2BE15-81D9-4954-B7A5-AE8F9729BE48.jpeg

14. MIE1992

MIE1992

Playing around with the Speedster at Brands Indy is pretty fun. Tried using the Mustang in Race B, seems to spin too much. I don't have the F1 GTR yet, either, so were there any other potential recommendations? Looking at the top ten times and the makeup of the field I was in, it seems that the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept is a popular choice, too. What about the Ford GT, or the Genesis?

15. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Not yet, finally got the bonus with the 4C :) A whopping 4 SR earned, back up to 74!
    [​IMG]
    Next up the V12 Vantage. Best lap in the 4C didn't get under 4:03. Lexus is in the lead for now with 4:02. Corvette didn't go so well, but that was the first car I used. It will probably fare better when I try it again in a few days.

SR.B now after my first race in the Vantage. A Ford GT through it necessary to ram and go off a couple times. -19 SR for that Ford. Down to 55. Express elevator down. So useful these penalty zones for the cars that try to ram you off, yet fail and go off themselves, to catch back up again for another attempt :lol:

Qyn, NosOsH, Invisigoth and 2 others like this.
  16. Pigems

Pigems

Here’s a few. :)
    68ACA053-A803-4A3F-9E6B-D00192369B97.jpeg

Qyn, MIE1992 and Dairyworker like this.
  17. sturk0167

sturk0167

Wow. That's an amazing reversal of fortune. You must've been shocked when you came around the corner and saw that. I hope you got the license plate number of that Mercedes.

Looks like you're having fun, though. :D

18. Pigems

Pigems

I was definitely shocked, twice! :lol: Definitely having fun too!! The Otha Brotha ain’t half bad!! Got a nice sound too. :D

19EA2805-34A4-4413-BBB9-1D7EF7503744.jpeg

I can buy a new car now, hmmm. Which one?

Edit: Bought the F Type, never tried it before. :)

Qyn, Invisigoth, MhtyClipster and 3 others like this.
  19. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

For race B at Interlagos the top time was a Japanese guy call something like LewisHamilton, with the old sub 1:37 time ie a 1:368.5. 5th fastest was something like 1:37.18 - Lewis_Hamilton or something close to Lewis Hamilton. Clearly two accounts there.

One of the problems with loosing points is that you may have an A license and the field might have some As, some Bs, and some Cs. But the qualifying might have a C 2nd, a B 4th, 5th and 6th. But the C wins the race, and B comes third etc. Those have to be secondary accounts, or the players have been re-set. It's a bummer when you get beaten by faster drivers who muck around and also down ground your DR because they have a lower grading than your's while their main account might be a high A+. I also reckon some don't behave as well as they would drive if they are forced to have just the one account. Logically PD therefor encourages multiple accounts.

PD likely enjoys dual accounts because it makes the game appear to be more popular.

The solution might be to have accounts tied to internet addresses ie IP numbers. I don't know how else to restrict the number of accounts a player might use.

I must say though my main account has not been re-set. But my secondary account was, and I was almost re-set again this week. I realised though that it was better to loose some DR - day 2000 DR - and save 16,000 by avoiding being re-set. But if i had not have bothered and been happy to be re-set - then I'd have been more dangerous to others while racing.

Which is why I think GTS encourages bad driving. If one adds up the encouragement to over drive and hit people by various issues in the game, it seems clear to me that GTS sees crashing into other cars as a favourite part of the GTS on line racing experience. I really don't like it at all.

DK and Pigems like this.
  20. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Well, SR.B is a lot cleaner than SR.S and SR.A. That didn't take long.
    [​IMG]
    I'll do another couple races in the Aston Martin, fun to drive. Finally something that gets up to speed on the straight.

Actually I did get bumped off once and most of the room had red ratings (just 2 other blue next to me). But people were actually trying to avoid each other instead of pretending the cars are all magnetized. A fluke maybe, we'll see.

Qyn, Invisigoth, DK and 7 others like this.
  21. Pigems

Pigems

I really like the F Type, it’s very stable but still turns, lots of grunt, doesn’t spin much either, plus it brakes pretty well, it’s a great all around car. I was given another gift in this one, I even got to keep it this time. :D
    EEEA88DE-6EF3-4840-8D22-21EEA1FDB47D.jpeg

DelboyD, Qyn, Invisigoth and 6 others like this.
  22. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

It was a fluke. Down to SR.C now. Thanks to this:
    [​IMG]
    5 sec penalty for someone not braking way back. SR 39 now, 5 sec penalties hurt. There was the usual SR Down bumping from behind as well. And a new one. I got taken out by a car reset. Clunk sound and send into the wall.
    [​IMG]
    The penalties aren't even depending on the penalty zone you have to serve them in. The first one is the worst and turns a 3 sec penalty into 5 sec lost. The last loses you less than the penalty is worth depending on how big the penalty is. The middle one is good for small penalties.

34 SR left. Trying the McLaren next. No not the clown version, the 650S.

Qyn, Invisigoth, Tea_Leaves and 4 others like this.
  23. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

This was quite a tasty little battle for the win, I've cut off the start of the race and the end because nothing really happened.

I've left in a hot lap too since it felt pretty quick.

GT5Power, Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  24. Pigems

Pigems

That one was a mega bumper car fest, I couldn’t get away from the group of them in the first lap, oh well, two can play that game. :lol:

DA28854B-CD1C-4755-8F06-C969D373EE24.jpeg

Edit: Penalty free with a Blue E! :lol:

C905D253-20B8-4A41-BC14-E2CDD219392C.jpeg

Trying the Corvette next. Might do a couple C’s after that, I’m out of cars to try.

25. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

That 650S is geared all wrong for Sarthe. I have to gear down a lot more than in the Vantage. It feels slow and still easily oversteers. I could not avoid the clown McLaren spinning out at the start on the chicane, thus starting with a nice 3 sec penalty and now down to 30 SR. Hopefully next race will be better. Starting last would be nice.

It feels strange racing in SR.C. I recognize none of the names, so weird!

Invisigoth and Pigems like this.
  26. sturk0167

sturk0167

Oh, it's a McLaren F1. Go figure. :boggled:

Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  27. EinsTheOne

EinsTheOne

Came back home, set a very enjoyable 1:26.2XX at Autopolis, got in a race, went max pace as if my name were Verstappen... Ran out of fuel on lap 12 while in 1st place.. Finished 8th.. Shouted about how much I hate this game and PD...

Raced again, tried short shifting and changing the fuel mixture mid race.. Didn't work.... Turned off my console and came here ready to write a 5 page rant about how much PD sucks with their stupid multiplied fuel consumption

Read @Pigems @MaxAttack comments.. Which saved the day....
    Thank you for the FM2 tip...
    Made me realize I might be stupid..

28. Pigems

Pigems

Get Over Here!! :lol:
    685CEE30-F002-4318-81D3-1BB70E7B3456.jpeg

Blue D!! Blue D!! Penalty Free!! :D
    AC4FB3C0-4B7F-4D9D-8FBB-F88645F4F3B0.jpeg

The Vettes a nice ride other then the lack of power at the top end, she’s good with a draft though. :)

29. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

There it is, clean race accomplished in the 650S
    [​IMG]
    Incident free, not by a long shot. I got rammed three times and left spun around at the final chicane while 6th place got his way despite receiving 5 sec penalties for his last 2 rams. Dirty still wins.

One more in the 650S, then the Ferarri :nervous:

SR 37, +7 for that race. I'm in SR boost territory now.

30. Pigems

Pigems

Nice work!! :cheers:

Good luck in the Rarri!! :lol:

Edit: Man what a crappy start to that race, here I was thinking sweet, free shortcut, all the while PD was thinking something completely different. :lol:

Turned out ok in the end though.
    6822AA27-2C25-4CD5-ABC7-A133A97D3F16.jpeg

Check out all those DNF’s :lol:
    A51883C7-5BF1-4CD6-B818-FD44F56FD6C2.jpeg