"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

As many here know, I don't typically use TCS in any cars, but on race A, since I use it for the start, I've been leaving it on. With the wide open corners, it will never engage, and if someone smacks my rear quarter, it may just help, so I set it at 1, turn on my radar, and forget it.

2. NAXEHT

NAXEHT

Yeah, I’m aware of this tactic and have been more or less doing something similar. Been working very well for you apparently, well done!

I won’t worry about taking care of the SR/DR until next week.

Chevy Heavy, Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  3. jad866

jad866

that race reminds me of when me and my friends would do pp550 all day @ daytona. hang back until the end and slither your way up for the win well done

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Pigems, Redneckchef and sturk0167 like this.
  4. kungtotte_

kungtotte_

The 911 loves trailbraking, and like others have said it doesn't like to turn on throttle, and it's allergic to kerbs. I don't know if it's a suspension thing or a loss of downforce but if you ride kerbs in this car it will take the entire sector to settle down enough to put the hammer down again.

That's if you don't spin of course.

Pigems and meekrab like this.
  5. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

The sound at 0:50 is worth every penny that this game cost:

6. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

This. My style is suited to patience for on throttle but it's the kerbs in this thing, just insane how bad it is. I simply cannot get any drive off kerbs, either I spin or the TC is way too aggressive. The big chicane at NGP, I am 8/10ths faster through there with the Merc than the 911.

Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  7. O604

O604

Tried a Race A this morning. From the back.

Almost all DRD on the grid. 1 DRA. Who bumps me all the way? The 1 DRA driver. -17 SR. And my DR is in freefall. :lol::mad:

8. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

@Groundfish since the tire model update they made it harder to turn on throttle.
    If you want to go fast in the Mustang you have to be off gas till after apex too. Then it will go fast

9. 05XR8

05XR8

I remember Dark Man.

Redneckchef, O604 and Pigems like this.
  10. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Wide, late apex works, same for the Merc. Can be perceived as leaving the door open though.

11. O604

O604

I remember Dark City.

And often confuse the two. :D

Pigems, 05XR8 and Redneckchef like this.
  12. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

DR D, stop doing this to yourself!

13. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Got this week sussed. 2 races at A then a C for SR. :tup:
    Had to teach a fellow Brit not to bump draft, they gave me 1 SR down & as they went for another I braked slightly, twice, managed to keep with the leading pack & they got a penalty during T1, karma, ha. Ended that race with a win, 3rd of the week :cheers:

Carrera1963, Pigems and cosme like this.
  14. NoStopN

NoStopN

While I found this out with the Big Willow week, the Viper still seems to correct itself quicker if you make a slight error in timing your turn or braking.

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  15. kungtotte_

kungtotte_

Two races at Brands this evening, starting to look like the Porsche Cup in lobbies now. My second race the first six starting spots where 911s :lol:

Races are way cleaner now though, and I'm doing well for myself. A P2 up from P6 and a P3 from P3, CRB for both despite some close racing action.

16. O604

O604

:D

Pigems, Sean YZF and Redneckchef like this.
  17. NoStopN

NoStopN

Thanks to the C/C drivers on that last room. I'm back down to D/E. Thank heavens it's on the Darkside account.

Groundfish, crusselz, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  18. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

BB for race B? I think I've done at least 60 laps now I still can't hit a 52. I have ran a mid 52 with the VW here, but I just cannot do it with the 458. My best "optimal" has been a 52.8 but that is pretty much a worthless time.

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  19. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I was running -2 I believe, I only did a handful of laps earlier though. It’s a nice combo, they rarely ever give us a car that turn here. :)

20. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

Gr4 at Autopolis is great. The 458 handles very nicely it just feels difficult to keep it in that perfect power range.

Kermit_2142, Jwptexas, 8l23ub and 2 others like this.
  21. 05XR8

05XR8

No BB adjustment for me. The car does like a little bit of trailbraking for T2. Though I've had a few moments of understeer, surprisingly, no MR sliiiiide to report of. It's a nice ride.

Pigems likes this.
  22. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

Streak of 6 CRB on Race A so far. Starting at the back in mostly B/S C/S rooms, watching it all go off ahead. Average finishing position of 4th. Absolutely no need to pass anyone until the final bend.

23. Chevy Heavy

Chevy Heavy

True dat. If you going to to do race A you know you're gonna pay the piper. That's why I'm sacrificing my alt account. :D I love watching the idiots take each other out and collect penalties, then slingshot past them for the win.

Yeah, I have nightmares of that sound from DRWF. :lol:

NAXEHT, sturk0167, dlshearon and 4 others like this.
  24. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

What the (insert explicit here) are the flashing to pass in a one category race about?!?!!
    I see, you just came out of pits on medium.. and are behind me. And flashing your lights are a demand on me to make your pit strategy work. Well, guess again. I follow my line,I don't block but keep flashing me and I will for sure pick the defensive line even if it slows me down.

And to the British driver in the Beetle with Monkey written all over the rear: there is a big difference between defensive driving and straight out blocking! If you move more than twice on the straight, if you move in brake zone again next time I race you I will pay the SR drop...

25. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

I like when guys racing with a red bar connection get mad that you hit them off when they lag into you. Your car is all over the goddamn place and it lets you have the whole track and run me off with no penalty. karma. It's your own damn fault for lagging into me. 3 options. Fix your connection, don't race online, or shut up and accept that people aren't going to let you use lag as free defense. people need to understand you can have a red bar and it feels mostly fine to you but for everybody else you are sketching the F out all over the track.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  26. 05XR8

05XR8

A total of 6 s finds in penalties for unavoidable contact and I get blamed for getting myself pushed off.

Anyway, time to qualify.
    IMG_20200924_185440.jpg IMG_20200924_185447.jpg

Edit: Thanks for the jinx Stencedaddy.

The R8 and AMG had the red bar specials. Lost so much time not knowing how close or far the R8 was. Was it braking early? Was I not quick enough? At one point, I passed it. Then, didn't want to get punted, not knowing if the car was too close behind me.

I let it go by. Then, as my wife is watching, I'm totally hesitant to pass it again, as it seems to be going wider at each corner. It goes off.
    I'm released and the AMG makes a pit mid-race. I lost so much front grip from following the R8, my tyres were worse than me racing from the back, in the previous race.

I toured the grass toward the end of the lap. Pit for RM and stay where I am for the duration of the race. Gained one position after all that. Coulda woulda shoulda been fighting the top three.
    IMG_20200924_192714.jpg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  27. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Getting penalised for being bump drafted at SSRX.

Good to see PD continuing their tradition of learning nothing from previous mistakes

28. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Lag? You guys have trouble racing cars that drive like this? :D

Feel free to insert appropriate dance music.

cosme, Rexracer702, OR_2020 and 13 others like this.
  29. Barney Da Dog

Barney Da Dog

I drive like that without any lag! :eek::lol:

cosme, Redneckchef, Sean YZF and 4 others like this.
  30. NoStopN

NoStopN

Holy crap, that made my head hurt. Somebody tell Doctor Who that he needs to figure that teleporting business out real quick.