"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 28, 2020.

1. O604

O604

TRL_Lightning is turning Japanese-a? :sly:

Like in 007 Die Another Day? People take this GT Sport stuff seriously. :D

dlshearon, Pigems, sturk0167 and 2 others like this.
  2. swistak

swistak

Loved willow springs. Picked up the game first time in a year and a bit and ended up grinding all the way up to 12k points and 99 SR, surprisingly good with the controller (couldn't be bothered to take the cockpit out of the storage)

baygencos, Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  3. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Pick a Swedish account, no one ever sends stuff like that to us.

4. Mixolydian

Mixolydian Premium

No, not ever choose another country for an account because of this. Only if you want another region for a second account.
    Everyone should be proud of their roots and carry that flag.

5. 05XR8

05XR8

Another clean N24. Should have been using this mirror flip flop paint, since the beginning of last week!
    Eq2eFkRVEAEEoNu.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  6. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Have enjoyed RBR this week. Some great racing and minimal dirty driving except for one notable session.

More generally, I seem to have hit something of a plateau in my driving. I am “stuck” at around 30k DR and seem unable to find the extra tenths to match the higher A players. It seems weird because I feel like I am so much better with my smoothness and control but then I find in race that I just can’t quite match the pace of the leaders.

I am looking forward to testing myself on Interlagos this coming week and trying to match it with the big boys, but I expect I might find more of the same.

7. afc5150

afc5150

A great end to the week at Nurburgring 24hr. Picked up my 60th Sport Mode victory in my 3,000th Sport Mode race :D

I ran around 20 races there this week, all mostly A/S lobbies and my race weapon of choice was the RCZ. My time of 8:51:0xx was decent enough early in the week to see me starting usually top 5, but as the week has worn on my starting position became more around 10th.

Managed 2 wins total, 6 podiums and only 1 finish outside the top 10. Also gained around 3,000 DR for the week despite losing almost 4,000 in one evening over the weekend, and am just under that elusive 40K mark.

Didn't see a lot of dirty or bad driving either, I had a few SR downs for contact but nothing too serious for me or the racers I was around. So that was good. On my B/A account, it was a different story though.... :lol:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210103212408.jpg

8. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

Interlagos had a Gr3 race in July (2020-07-13 to 2020-07-19). The last BoP was in June so the cars used that week should be relevant. Below are the 76 fastest times from that week according to https://gtsport.r1s3.net/laprecords/15/13.

The RCZ and the Huracan were used most often for, I assume, qualifying.

The RCZ was surprising as I have not noticed it as a prominent choice at Gr 3 events.

Code:
    Count    Car
    16    Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
    13    Lamborghini Huracán GT3 '15
     8    Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15
     7    Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
     7    Honda NSX Gr.3
     7    Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15
     5    Subaru WRX Gr.3
     3    Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
     2    Volkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3)
     2    Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17
     2    Mazda Atenza Gr.3
     1    Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept '18
     1    Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport) '16
     1    GT by Citroën Race Car (Gr.3)
     1    Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12

76    Grand Total

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Remember, both compounds must be used

[​IMG]

Edit: RAce A is going to be "The chicane of pain". :lol: New meaning to the phrase "cop out".

10. baygencos

baygencos

I think there should be a blocking option for users which they can block the player they don't want to race with so the system do not put them in same lobbies.
    I have lots of replays of the last week at Willow for the proof of that is much needed.

Pigems likes this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

There would be one player lobbies everywhere. :sly:

As foir blocking, why freakin' block players from passing, when your tyres are shot? UNbelievable for people to think they are "defending" when they are sliding all over the place. I just did a race from the back in the Z4. The tyre wear is murder when it sets in after 5 laps. Did 1/RH/7RS/5RS. Traffic killed me at the back because I wasn't trying to divebomb an AMG GT3 on worn RMs.

Trying the M3 with an 7-8RM/5RS. We'll see what happens.
    Edit: 8th to 7th in that one. Pitted Lap7. for RS. The tyre wear seems to cancel each tyre if run to the halfway point. If you can make the RM last a little longer, A 5 lap RS should be better to attack.

SLS GT3 is next. I'll try to stretch the RMs to Lap 8 or 9.
    Edit: Nice!
    [​IMG]

SLS rivals the Vantage in top speed. Had that Beetle not been holding me up after I came out the pits on fresh RS, I'd have jumped the RC F, way before the line. Pitted one lap later than everyone and it paid off. The WRX on 8th, held cars up as it pit way early for RMs.

Now, onto Monza.... in France.
    [​IMG]

Timm Sheehan, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  12. Raptor013

Raptor013

Another solid week at Nurburgring comes to an end.

All in all 2 podiums for the week. Raced against one of the guys from the World Tour in MINT_Matt and also against the fastest Aussie around the ring this week in dylanlindgren. Had some solid races as well with very little dirty driving.

But more importantly, was able to find the limits of the M4 for this weeks Manufacturers Cup round and banked over 2000 points onto my DR.

Little_Guppy, Pigems and Norrin Radd like this.
  13. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

The Nurburgring race was very enjoyable...when there weren't any trolls blocking me or ramming me off the road/divebombing etc.

Won like 5-6 races in one night, except one where some guy rammed me off the road for no apparent reason...just me, not any other player, then called me a crying girl...lol

There was also a really close race later where I almost overtook the guy in front but then made a mistake which cost me the gained position. I stuck to him for the entire race tho. We were equally matched, he in a Viper, me in the Atenza (surprisingly fast around the 'ring).

Went up in driver ratings and finally got back to S-level SR, anything below is a wreckfest...

Posted a 8:47.777 in the Atenza, could've been better if I was a little more consistent.

14. 05XR8

05XR8

Going to be an interesting week
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Watch out for P7 & P8. Dirty.
    [​IMG]

Lucky I finished where I did. SOmeone had the start glitch. car ahead of me stopped and the cars behind bunched up to us. The whole field was gone to T1 by the time we crossed the Start/Finish line.
    [​IMG]

Timm Sheehan, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  15. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Went out for a quick blast around interlagos before I head out of town. It was fun, and while it is really about going all out with the tires there is a serious bit of tire management needed to get the most from the Softs. Blockers are rife and bombers are hunting for non existent gaps but it is a pretty solid combo once the field spreads slightly.
    And a CRB is worth 18

Raptor013, Timm Sheehan, O604 and 4 others like this.
  16. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Tried C got booted, but my Q was bad and I don't really like that track. So B so I'm Q7 and up to first chicane bumped to 12th, but no pen. C2 brake late, but still hit guy in front pen and it didn't get better. Was in last made 1 place 2 DNF. 2nd race C2 and a guy goes through me (ghosted) I think that was close till I get 4 secs for it. It's an OK track and I would like it, but SR dropping badly and it's another race where you do well by either being lucky or total scum.
    Just checked the replay and the guy didn't go through me he respawned inside me so all PDs fault.

Pigems likes this.
  17. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

Two good on B, P8>P6 then P9>P7. CRB on the second. Had a short stint racing with @ILLEAGLE_34, good to see you there.

18. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

Just had a similar issue, lap 1 T1, had someone respawn on top of me, I got 4.5s penalty

Pigems likes this.
  19. 05XR8

05XR8

Bizarre finish.We both got Chicane of Pain penalties for nothing.
    [​IMG]

This was one of the cleanest races in a loooooooooooong time. Squeaky clean. Real fair, hard, clean racing.
    [​IMG]

Redneckchef, Timm Sheehan and Pigems like this.
  20. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Well trying A, boy just got to love where that pit lane is, wonder how many will visit it? Well between hitting barriers, off track pen invalidating run and visiting the pit (just once honest) my Q is terrible so unsurprisingly I'm last. Why FF cars? Don't PD think there is anything else worth using? If this was open there would be mostly FF cars (probably) so why can't PD do something different? How about MR for a change and I hate most MR cars, but any change would be good. OH wow that was terrible, not actually that bad a race but one idiot got upset about something (I maybe did something but not sure what) so decides to spoil my race and his own :banghead: will try again, surprisingly no one visited the pits, maybe no ones worked out that shoving someone in there will spoil their race, I know they'll have it down in a day or two.

21. 05XR8

05XR8

I thought I got the penalty from the chicane. Not. :tdown:

Redneckchef and deviln3 like this.
  22. ILLEAGLE_34

ILLEAGLE_34

Sorry I missed the the next race. Viper choice. Got distracted.

dlshearon and RacingGrandpa like this.
  23. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

24. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Yeah that is my natural place too, around the 30K mark on tracks I like. I have been as high as 39K but that was a combination of a series of strong tracks and my SR was B or C. Once I get tot SRS, I top out around 30Kish in terms of competing for podiums. What were you circulating at at RBR in free air? It's arguably my best track and I was running mid 1.30's.

Really looking fwd to Interlagos with softer rubber and more laps, it is usually such madness but a dozen laps means one can pick his spots.

25. Groundfish

Groundfish

Good morning friends,

I am looking forward to some racing in Brazil this week, even if I much prefer RH RM tires. Heck with softs available I will break out the Perrier Mustang...See you at the track!

Dairyworker, Pigems, 05XR8 and 5 others like this.
  26. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Nearly every race today, A or B, I have had some donkey determined to spoil races, sometimes just mine but sometimes just anyone they can hit. Going to see if it'll let me do a C and if I get better luck. Must say for me this is the worst set of races yet (but that's only 4 weeks) I could maybe cope with A or B if I was racing against sensible people, but I really need to get better at C before anything matters there.

27. baygencos

baygencos

I never race gr4 ff cars. Gr4 at Monza is boring and i'm afraid GR3 at Interlagos for 13 laps is above my experience and skill levels.
    I better complete the offline things this week or take a brake for my muscles to recover.
    MC Laren at Tokyo and Porsches at Willow were the best races for me since i started playing GT Sport.

28. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Had a canny week at the N24. Notched 5 wins & plenty of podiums. Racing was reasonable enough, not too many dirty drivers & the few that were are easy to deal with.
    One guy sent me a PSN message telling me to get more practice in, checked his Kudos rating and of 600 + days racing he had very rarely made it above SR C. Politely told him where to go :lol:
    I did have few accidents but always gave the position back even if it meant having to be dead last.
    As usual after a Nurburgring week I have plenty of DR to give away, get in quick before it's gone :cheers:

Dairyworker, Pigems, OJBrit and 5 others like this.
  29. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Well race C was better than expected, was doing well even though I still had a donkey, but he wasn't too hard to keep behind me although driving so he couldn't punt me was slowing me a bit. Then on the last lap got booted. Same stuff was happening last week and only on race C, no idea what the issue is but it's getting annoying.

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  30. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

This was my second daily "week" with N24/Nordschleife... I was looking forward to it... getting ready... it was going to be Gr 4... my thing... doing a few trial laps on Sunday... rubbing my hands... then Monday....

Who turned out the ****ing lights!?!

Sigh! Always a new challenge.

Overall the week was good but that track punishes every mistake. The crowned road invites you in, but, BAMM if you miss. My comfort level is now much higher and I can anticipate every corner of the track.

My achilles was the slight left 5th gear kink at Metzesfeld. It is inexcusable to go off there as there is so little to gain but stubborn pride. I kept trying just a slight lift and it worked 80% of the time which means it failed... hmmm... too many times :dunce:!! That corner requires a more conservative approach... give up a tenth and stay on the track.