"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
@Stilva I just skimmed the replay. The guy who apologized to me after the race was indeed the culprit I was looking for. Something about that corkscrew makes some people swerve in front like they're a badman. Well, at least he said sorry but I do hope he learned his lesson. You just can't do that.

I did see that exchange after the race. I'll take a look at the replay tomorrow to see what happened. At least they apologized in the end.

Your Playstation can record up to an hour of footage at a time and you can trim them into clips. I just double tap my share button before the race to start recording and double tap it at the finish line to stop recording and then you have a clip saved.

I have had the PS4 for over 6 years and I had no idea you could to that. Mind blown.

Mind_blown.gif

Granted, I never looked into that stuff to begin with. I might need to jump on the YouTube bandwagon and post some clips here and show off my mediocre driving skills.

Is there a way to use both my controller and my wheel? Reason I ask is I’m pretty sure my wheel doesn’t have a “share” button. But I know the controller does

Is there a way to use both my controller and my wheel? Reason I ask is I’m pretty sure my wheel doesn’t have a “share” button. But I know the controller does
Yes, that's the way I use my Headset (connected with Jack to the DS4) while driving with my T150. You just have to connect both to the same PS user account.

My csl elite has a share button on it but I don't see why you cant use the ds4 to start recording if your wheel doesn't have a share button.

The only issue I've had time to time with my ds4 being connected at the same time is that if I set it down and a trigger gets rested on so it shows an input it cuts out the FFB on my wheelbase which is scary for a minute till I figure it out.

Last edited:
He picked up my slip on the straight and I stuck way to the outside. The position was absolutely his to take. He just got past me and swerved in front of me while braking. How is this an aggressive line? He had tons of room but chose to risk both of our races. He is obviously on an alt account having fun but his explanation doesn't sit right with me. I could have gone defensive but I was giving him the position.

Sometimes it’s worth taking a penalty to assert ones self.

there a way to use both my controller and my wheel? R

The ds4 is always there to use. Wheel doesn’t turn it off.

Edit.

When it’s lights out and time to race it’s time to race. On you tube off you tube, if you know how you race nothing matters. Race by behavior, don’t change how you race because somebody is streaming. I would have gone defensive against Fraga if it would have been good for my race. With several laps left and strong players on softs chasing, I’m not defending because that’s dumb as far as MY race.

Last edited:
I will upload the videos soon to see where I went wrong but for now, it's best that I skip this race before turning into public enemy No.1 in the whole of Oceania.
Now that I had kept my promises, you'll be the judge to see who is in the wrong. It would probably be me anyway.

(2 COD "deaths" by me included here)

(TBH I don't think I deserve that 3rd place, I was probably frustrated at that time.)

Last edited:
Now that I had kept my promises, you'll be the judge to see who is in the wrong. It would probably be me anyway.

(2 COD "deaths" by me included here)

(TBH I don't think I deserve that 3rd place, I was probably frustrated at that time.)

Yeah the second clip there was a couple of dodgy ones but after the crap he was pulling that race and the clip before **** him I probably would have put him off the road as well

The dive bombs at the right hander before you go up the hill are really annoying guys half a second back decide to bomb in and use you as a wall to get round the corner.

Last edited:
So, I ran the META car, several runs and finished well each time. My worst effort was starting mediums, I was overtaken, and ran into traffic issues because of it.
I can’t keep up with those guys on mediums.
I’d say I lost a good ten seconds, I was able to get the spots back on softs but the better way for me is stay out on softs as long as possible, maintain the track position.
At some point I’m just kinda stuck-the GTR didn’t give any better than Lexus in my hands.
I agree NSP mediums cold and full fuel, hard to get anything from them until about lap three. By then I had every Tom Dock and Harry wanting through…
The only thing that saved me was going undercut.
The thing is most of these guys contend positions every chance they get, the faster you can get away and stay out, the more time for them to fight and slow themselves.
Just because you (((COULD))) overtake on a corner doesn’t mean you should, if the guy ahead of you is making clean laps just sit back and gap the field. You gotta know when to hold em!

Sometimes it’s worth taking a penalty to assert ones self.

The ds4 is always there to use. Wheel doesn’t turn it off.

Edit.

When it’s lights out and time to race it’s time to race. On you tube off you tube, if you know how you race nothing matters. Race by behavior, don’t change how you race because somebody is streaming. I would have gone defensive against Fraga if it would have been good for my race. With several laps left and strong players on softs chasing, I’m not defending because that’s dumb as far as MY race.

I most certainly give a position up for that. I did it because it was what I needed to do. Had I known he was the type to pull a move like that, I may not have but he had just come out of the slip and I'd already had some awful experiences with blockers on that part of the track, immediately before the corkscrew. I figured I could get him back later. I didn't, but I thought I might.

I don't mind some weaving and hard racing but moves like that are absolutely pointless. High risk for literally no reward.

I want to get back on tomorrow and really milk this combo but weekends worry me. Barcelona is looking good, though. Maybe Corvette time?

Since I want to perhaps start sharing my races/clips from races I did the responsible thing and bought a capture card device, which I broke in less than an hour. Who knew that hitting the button marked "Update Firmware" would totally brick the system? Not me that's for sure. Anyway, I'll use the native PS4 recorder for now I guess.

With all of my capture device bricking adventures and failed troubleshooting, I didn't get a chance to race today and see what the card could do with live game play. It probably would have been a disaster as the crazies come out on Saturday so no loss there. I do love this combo and I can't wait until the next Gr.2 race.

As for next week, Interlagos looks to be my main focus. I think it's time I properly learned this track and Gr.4 is the right class for me to learn. I'm going to guess the FF cars will be the go to for this race, but I'll run in the Jaguar as I can keep pace with the FFs. I might try Race A a few times just to see the BB Speedway in action.

I want to get back on tomorrow and really milk this combo but weekends worry me. Barcelona is looking good, though. Maybe Corvette time

Looks like a great race to take advantage of with the tire wear up. Interlagos is great too.

I’ve been doing a few races in between chores. @sturk0167 made a great livery for the Lexus so I had to honor it. Beat my Nissan time…entered a race and got my 4th crb in a row and finished second.

It’s soooo hard to get a real win here. If it’s not Fraga it’s always other aliens in the mix.
I’ve been a proud rep of GTP though staying very clean in these top lobbies. I shared a few races and a q lap in game.
If you hit discover and replay and type tpc in as a search you can see the full replays.
You can see IOF and other aliens, as well as me just trying for a podium or two.
I’m as fast at this combo as I’ve been in almost any but it’s tough to compete in these lobbies.
I mean I had to go no tcs on my qual lap to get those extra two tenths it’s nuts how competitive the q times are.
In race though my tcs 3 bb0 hasn’t let me down.
I haven’t crashed all week! Really my game is consistency. I’ll never win on pace, but with tire wear I can try to outlast or take advantage of mistakes.
Pretty much the story of my GTS career, I’m never fastest over one lap, but I can string together a lot that look very similar.
My pleb best is alright.
Just like the way guys have been driving around me, very very clean and professional, and I’ve been doing my best to do the same.
I will miss this combo. I really love it.
I say race if you wanna race life is short and good combos don’t show up every week.
Anyways in game search tpc on the replay front in game to see the uncut footage. I might put up more…

Here is a full race from last night. I jumped back in qualy determined to get a better time set after qualifying outside the top 10 with a 1.26.7xx for a few races, realized that I needed to get away from the crazies at the back if I wanted to have any chance of success. Managed to knock almost 3 tenths off my time, which got me closer to where I'd like to be on the grid. After 2 laps I somehow was gifted the lead of this race, interesting first opening laps and then not much action till lap 9 when I pitted. Also PX7 Rodrigo started in last on the grid.

Last edited:
Hey, I found a new GT track... but I had to enter a back door to reach it. Backdoor:

1) Get on a plane to Denver, Colorado.
2) Hire a rental car at the airport.
3) Head towards Colorado Springs.
4) Follow the Gran Turismo sign:
1624196765016.png

5) With family in the aforementioned rental car drive up Pikes Peak.
6) Don't mention it on the internet lest the rental car company finds out.

Got back to the real life GT yesterday. Could not set a sub 1:27 in Gr2/DTS but am getting close. You guys are fast!

EDIT: Don't mention it on the internet.... D'oh!🤬

Good morning friends.
Today I rose with a fire in my belly. I was running laps yesterday and I thought I had more time in it if I could string the sectors together…
As I sipped my coffee I realized it just wasn’t meant to be. Sometimes you gotta race. You gotta go all in.
In country I went. Upon loading I was greeted by a strong top split lobby. My nemesis, a Brazilian, who got the better of me yesterday was right ahead of me and one of his countrymen was holding pole position.
I started third, with several players behind me who I know have more pace.
I took a deep breath and repeated my mantra, hit your spots, stay clean, nail exits….
Off we went!
I was right on my nemesis the first lap, I was followed closely by an American. I got a good run out of Larini and up the esses but couldn’t get within striking distance even with my racing softs…I settled in.
Lap two I got a perfect run out of the corkscrew! Up Larini I pulled alongside to the Brazilians right, compromising his entry to the esses. He went a bit cheeky maybe taking up a little extra track, I letup and downshifted to 4th and in another second I was in his slip bouncing off the rev limiter…
Approaching the snorkel he went defensive at first then moved back to the racing line. I was prepared and timed my move, hard on the binders pulling up on his inside, holding tight to the curb.
I punched it in first and the tcs hooked up! I was able to slot into second on firsts bumper by the skin of my teeth.
4 car bumper to bumper…COD clean…
Lap 3…Turn 1, the leader went deep on the brakes! I was far enough back to time my exit and pull alongside on his right!
The kink was now mine.
Side by side we go…He lifted for safety and through into first I went!
4th couldn’t handle the dirty air up onto the esses curbing and around he went! One down.
2 Brazilians in my slip into the Snorkel…
They are on mediums. I have .8 down the front straight, Inyo the corkscrew the Brazilians battle. HAHA SLIP IS BROKEN!

I put my head down and focused on my marks. I ran 8 softs and pulled into the pit with a substantial lead.
On replay I saw that the 2 Brazilians behind tangled and went off in the esses! Lol
I kept my head down didn’t look at laptimes just my markers and walked away with all 1.28 in race laps and yes….
I was victorious! A real win against equal or better competition :cheers:
D510026F-AFBF-4A05-8FCA-738CE01753E6.jpeg

I’d like to thank my teammates, the pit crew, the good folks at Lexus, of course Rolex too, and the livery artist for inspiring me to put in that extra effort to get a win.
Thank you all.
My week is complete. See you out there :).

I tried a Race A this morning. Had a feeling it would be good racing. Tricky combo on a Sunday morning. Everyone was in full control, relatively speaking.😄

Started 3rd. Finished 4th. Up to 15 consecutive clean, for the 3rd time I think.

Looking forward to the "debut" of BB Raceway. 🙂

Last edited:
Debut?
No so fast......
We had a daily race there in March of 2019. It was with the BMW Z8.
I remember it well, because that was the race that made me switch from D-pad to left stick for steering.
The long constant-rate final turn made me change my methods because I couldn't hold a steady line, there.
Never went back to D-pad after that. 👍

Last edited:
Debut?
No so fast......
We had a daily race there in March of 2019. It was with the BMW Z8.
I remember it well, because that was the race that made me switch from D-pad to left stick for steering.
The long constant-rate final turn made me change my methods because I couldn't hold a steady line, there.
Never went back to D-pad after that. 👍
I don't remember that.

I don't remember a lot of things.

Oh, now this is brilliant. 🙄 Two clowns up ahead, in the red and blue cars slow down to a crawl, in order to fight with each other.
I tried to play it smart and brake a bit early, in order to avoid their conflagration.
Following turn, they are still hitting each other, and push wide, into my path. I lifted and braked.
Nevertheless, I got two 2 second penalties, and 2 SR downs for "Forcing them off the track".

So by this point, the penalty system should know that I was not the cause of that crap. Or at least, cars should be ghosted when all 4 wheels lose traction, so innocent bystanders aren't blamed for the crash. 😖

Last edited:
my first post, after reading everything here for months already.
I guess I am by far, the worst performer on the dailies, compared to any other participant in this chat here. D S .
Anyway, i just wanted you to know, that on race C , the Lexus from 2008 is better than the motul gtr 2016 or any other. I couldn't believe it myself. just took it to quali and race for fun. I had TCS 2 and BB 0. I never saw anyone else use this car, so I just wanted to help. would be a little bit funny, to take it to an A or A+ race and suprise all the Nissan drivers. the lex is fast, corner's super, even if the spreadsheet says less power (hp) more weight.

Oh, now this is brilliant. 🙄 Two clowns up ahead, in the red and blue cars slow down to a crawl, in order to fight with each other.
I tried to play it smart and brake a bit early, in order to avoid their conflagration.
Following turn, they are still hitting each other, and push wide, into my path. I lifted and braked.
Nevertheless, I got two 2 second penalties, and 2 SR downs for "Forcing them off the track".

So by this point, the penalty system should know that I was not the cause of that crap. Or at least, cars should be ghosted when all 4 wheels lose traction, so innocent bystanders aren't blamed for the crash. 😖

Bum deal man, I've been there before.

I ran a couple of races in C daily (my favorite by far), all in B/S lobbies. My best results came with the Lexus, despite finding it not quick for the turns as the GTR. In all I started in the middle of the pack, so, reverse strategy in all attempts. And it worked in most of races, except for one which someone spun me out and I was killed in the CoD as well. My best race was the last one, starting from 6th, i picked the mediums since I felt I could have wasted my softs getting stuck behind someone. The race start was clean, the pole sitter spun off in the first couple of turns due cold tyres and I won another position after someone ahead of me got a penalty. For a soft runner, the leader stopped too soon, lap 6 If I remember well, the same lap which I come for a fresh set of softs. After that, the only incident which happened ahead of me was a the 1st and the 2nd coming together. The medium runner went off and the other got a 1s penalty, which I'm not sure if was a penalty for contact or corner cutting. In the end, finished 2nd, 3s off the leader, which used the same reverse strategy as me.

Now I want to talk about the most chaotic race, which somehow I finished 3rd. The chaos started in my second stint, where the leader group caught a slow car which didn't have stopped yet and was desperate to hold his 2nd position despite knowing he would drop like a rock after his stop. First he wrecked a guy ahead of me in the middle of main straight. Then in the "esses", he slowed down too much and I hit his back, earning a 1s penalty. Then he started to battle too hard with other guy coming behind of me, until the guy which he spun off took revenge in the last corner, bumping him and an innocent in the process, and started a "rage reaction" and tried to wreck me and the same innocent guy for nothing. He spun off the other to the pits and got a 4s penalty. In the end, I survived the carnage to finish in 3rd. I watched the replay and the guy which started everything crashed twice on first lap...Gonna to share it with you people.

my first post, after reading everything here for months already.
I guess I am by far, the worst performer on the dailies, compared to any other participant in this chat here. D S .
Anyway, i just wanted you to know, that on race C , the Lexus from 2008 is better than the motul gtr 2016 or any other. I couldn't believe it myself. just took it to quali and race for fun. I had TCS 2 and BB 0. I never saw anyone else use this car, so I just wanted to help. would be a little bit funny, to take it to an A or A+ race and suprise all the Nissan drivers. the lex is fast, corner's super, even if the spreadsheet says less power (hp) more weight.
Welcome. I would try it but today is no good. I set up the rig, warmed up a bit, entered a race, and it went downhill from there. Between an inexplicable wheel disconnect to a penalty for getting rammed after unghosting after hitting the chicane, it was ugly. The second race was no better.

@Groundfish I personally don't like playing anything online competitive when I'm not at at least 90%. I learned a long time ago from high ranked Siege that I just can't do it. Maybe it was the ice cream I had this afternoon or it just being a lazy Sunday but I need the wind in my favour in every way if I'm going to race or else I have zero fun. I quit both races and have now moved on to looking forward to this week's races. The only reason I was hyped to race in the first place was because I watched one of your replays and also had made a new livery I wanted to ogle in the subsequent replay view.

Last edited:
Back