"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I have the cones on all the time, I never turned them off when I was first starting. I have taken 1.4 seconds of my previous fast lap and am down to a 3:26.9XX which is a few seconds off from my target of anything 3:20.XXX, so that's a start. Once I can get a handle on the Porsche Curves I should be golden. I think it's just going to be trial and error until I can turn in on a consistent basis. There are a few corners I can improve upon, but I suspect those will work themselves out once I can get the speed up elsewhere.
A couple of tips for the Porsche curves specifically;

Be brave.
Turn-in is at the end of the green stuff on the left.
Try and hug the inside of the first right as best you can while flat out.
Use steering inputs as constant as possible, particularly through the double left hander
Hug the right on the way out, partial lift is usually necessary unless you absolutely nail the line.

Grinder like crazy in my NA alt today. Went from 14k to almost 23k. Idk if it’s cause I got my Q down to a low 1:31…or the “new” SR down system is starting to work. But the racing got a lot cleaner as the night wore on. And as the pairings in the the NA region got slimmer, the lobbies ended up being DR A/B splits.

I only have like 4 GT3 cars on this account, and 2 of them suck. Was trying to use the RCZ, but that thing is just soulless. Kept going back to the WRX. Started the day with no money in the bank, but now I got enough to buy another gr.3 car. Might give the Supra a go as it seems to be one of the Meta’s. I know I got a mid-high 1:30 in me, but I just need to put together a complete lap….and a little luck would help
Did about 700 miles worth of grinding yesterday between my Euro and N/A alt that resulted in my Euro alt tanking and my "new" NA alt building. I did about 300-ish miles of grinding today (all Race B) to get my N/A alt to a tad over 34000. Once I got my qualy down last night around 10pm, I only finished out of the top 3 in B/S lobbies twice at the most. My estimate was I did a good 6 hours worth of grinding at a high "B" level in order to get to "A". Not bad considering I was having a tough time with the racing only yesterday.

One observation tho....

For the past 4-5 months I've been primarily a race "c" guy. It took me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get to "A' with the main. I think more DR points should be awarded for daily race C. After more or less building 2 accounts to "A" level different ways;.....It was WAAAAAAAY easier and less time consuming to do it by just chasing Daily race "A-B". One should be rewarded for finishing well and sticking to the longer duration races. JMO....

Anyyyyyyywayyyssss....Bought a few cars, tried some others on my different accounts. The Scooby is working for me. Still in the low 1:31's, but that's all my own doing. I don't know how much faster I can go personally.

Interesting data point is my N/A alt is at a higher level than my main 😂. What came first? The chicken or the egg???

Racing was very clean too in the front of the B/S lobbies. HOWEVER......once I got to the low end of the "A's", it was almost he same stuff as yesterday. Dirty drivers doing whatever it takes to stay ahead when they've made a mistake. I guess the bottom of the cesspool is universal regardless of the rank!!!

Now I gotta dig the Euro alt out from the debts of the B's. however, I think its going to take a bit longer for this one

Did about 700 miles worth of grinding yesterday between my Euro and N/A alt that resulted in my Euro alt tanking and my "new" NA alt building. I did about 300-ish miles of grinding today (all Race B) to get my N/A alt to a tad over 34000. Once I got my qualy down last night around 10pm, I only finished out of the top 3 in B/S lobbies twice at the most. My estimate was I did a good 6 hours worth of grinding at a high "B" level in order to get to "A". Not bad considering I was having a tough time with the racing only yesterday.

One observation tho....

For the past 4-5 months I've been primarily a race "c" guy. It took me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get to "A' with the main. I think more DR points should be awarded for daily race C. After more or less building 2 accounts to "A" level different ways;.....It was WAAAAAAAY easier and less time consuming to do it by just chasing Daily race "A-B". One should be rewarded for finishing well and sticking to the longer duration races. JMO....

Anyyyyyyywayyyssss....Bought a few cars, tried some others on my different accounts. The Scooby is working for me. Still in the low 1:31's, but that's all my own doing. I don't know how much faster I can go personally.

Interesting data point is my N/A alt is at a higher level than my main 😂. What came first? The chicken or the egg???

Racing was very clean too in the front of the B/S lobbies. HOWEVER......once I got to the low end of the "A's", it was almost he same stuff as yesterday. Dirty drivers doing whatever it takes to stay ahead when they've made a mistake. I guess the bottom of the cesspool is universal regardless of the rank!!!

Now I gotta dig the Euro alt out from the debts of the B's. however, I think its going to take a bit longer for this one
I think in DR B lobbies right now, the front of the grids are largely in DR repair mode. My alt got a DR reset after Monza and I spent most of Monday and a little bit Tue afternoon running Interlagos to build it back up. For a series of races it was basically me and a Brazilian running away from everyone, while keeping things between us clean enough for CRBs. Once my DR got built up enough for the midfield to tighten up, it was about 50-50 of the front half of the grid racing squeaky clean or a chaotic lunge-fest.

I think in DR B lobbies right now, the front of the grids are largely in DR repair mode. My alt got a DR reset after Monza and I spent most of Monday and a little bit Tue afternoon running Interlagos to build it back up. For a series of races it was basically me and a Brazilian running away from everyone, while keeping things between us clean enough for CRBs. Once my DR got built up enough for the midfield to tighten up, it was about 50-50 of the front half of the grid racing squeaky clean or a chaotic lunge-fest.

Good point with the CRB’s. Didn’t think of that. There was a point today, where I was earning 1000 DR points per 1st or 2nd place (depending where I started). Nearly every 1000 point gain must’ve been aided by a CRB

Another data point which coincides with your statement about DR repair, was there was a group of 3 or 4 of us who followed each other from mid B…to high B….then to A.

We must have been all doing the same thing

Yeah the Lancer is a bit of a dark horse for Interlagos. The straights aren't long enough for the power cars to pull away and the tight infield section allows the Evo to get back in the fight.
This. And another very important thing, it doesnt want to kill you like MRs;)

Next week's dailies:

Race A: N100 @ Brands Indy | 6 laps | SH
Race B: Gr.4 @ Nürburgring GP | 3 laps | RM
Race C: Gr.3 @ Mount Panorama | 9 laps | RS/RM | Tyres x7 | Fuel x2
A: Mini's?
Looks standard to me.
Someone wake me up when next week's dailies are announced. 😴
Wake Up GIF

Bathurst gr3 race C oh hell yeah!
It's going to be sr hell but I don't care.

Anywho I just discovered that to improve my K speed score on kudos this week at Le Mans I need to manage a 3.17 which is about 3 seconds faster than I've managed in a race so far, looks like I will be grinding some lap time Friday night.

BAFFFFURST will be good fun in a longer race, folks will calm down a bit....in theory!

Gee the pace at Interlagos is fast. I am going to officially gripe that I am qualifying in the top 500 of about 3000 drivers for most races but getting RELENTLESSLY paired against absolute guns and starting P13 to P15, fighting for 10th. I like the tight field but I am not even a sniff of a podium.

Good point with the CRB’s. Didn’t think of that. There was a point today, where I was earning 1000 DR points per 1st or 2nd place (depending where I started). Nearly every 1000 point gain must’ve been aided by a CRB

Another data point which coincides with your statement about DR repair, was there was a group of 3 or 4 of us who followed each other from mid B…to high B….then to A.

We must have been all doing the same thing
Not sure if this is what you meant, but I don't think CRB translate to DR points, they are only Mileage Points and CR... DR formula are always the same, regardless of CRB or length of the race. Straight calculation based on who you beat and what their relative DR is to yours.

The low DR armor idea is an absolute joke. PD need to ditch it.

I am losing SR in races where I get punted and brake checked while the culprits finish with blue ratings. They are ALWAYS a lower DR level than me. I love race C but I am flirting with a reset because of contact initiated by other drivers.

That would be because so few people are interested in the other 2 races this week. Normally the quick folks are spread (mainly) across B and C. This week the balance is likely tilted heavily
Suits me just fine. When I saw the options (even before I saw the car that would be used) I knew I was avoiding A and B this week in favor of C.

BAFFFFURST will be good fun in a longer race, folks will calm down a bit....in theory!

Gee the pace at Interlagos is fast. I am going to officially gripe that I am qualifying in the top 500 of about 3000 drivers for most races but getting RELENTLESSLY paired against absolute guns and starting P13 to P15, fighting for 10th. I like the tight field but I am not even a sniff of a podium.
I'm from western Sydney, where men are men and sheep are nervous. And we say BAFURST.

A: Mini's?
Looks standard to me.
Either that or the 356. My money is on the 356.

Race B next week is pretty short, 2 minute laps are so awkward because 8 minutes is "too long" so we have to settle for 6 🤦‍♂️ Gr.3 at Bathurst was fun and stacked last time around, I'm looking forward to that one :D

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I don't think CRB translate to DR points, they are only Mileage Points and CR... DR formula are always the same, regardless of CRB or length of the race. Straight calculation based on who you beat and what their relative DR is to yours.
Right. The only factor for DR gains and losses is how you finish, compared to the other drivers, and what their ratings are, relative to yours.

C races offer the most potential DR gain per race, because you could beat 19 other drivers.
However, B races offer the most potential gains per hour. You could beat 15 drivers, 3 times per hour (45), compared to beating 19 drivers, twice an hour at race C (38). :D

Last edited:
Did 1 Race C last night and 1 this morning. Last night went OK, started pole/finished 2nd.

This morning started 8th/DNF, punted twice on L1 then stuck at the back in some kind of blocking technique driving off to ghost then driving to block. Might be faster to just drive? 🤔 😁

Latest Posts

Back