"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Suzuka is one of my favorite tracks in this game. Nice and technical with a good flow. Under the old penalty system it was great. Unfortunately with this system, I think it’s going to be a punt fest in anything below A/S lobbies.

Regardless, I’m liking that we’re finally getting a race C with some strategy involved. Seems like it’s been a while. I’ll be out there in my beloved 458 and the trusty Slophy all week. Mainly on the Euro alt until I can get my qually down 😂

Last edited:
Damn. Looks like what @Sven Jurgens sees when he's playing Flight Simulator. :lol:
Very much correct, this is the most exciting view atm
HXZCZQB.png

Trying to figure out how to get the on board computer to land the plane (it works!)

I 'missed' Bathurst last week, didn't feel like getting stressed over ramming, rubbing and SR again. Instead I've been learning the ins and outs of the A320 Airbus. Can start it from cold and dark now and follow a proper IFR flightplan to anywhere in the world!

And I now know what pilots do at cruising altitude. Play with all the various light and dimmer switches hidden around the cockpit 🧑‍✈️

With a bad quali time I'm getting 10-15th so I knock 2 secs off it and now I'm last apart from the no time guys. I hate this. My quali is just about my K speed time too
So tried the Alteza and GT-R, both have the great advantage of staying on the road with no grip unlike the FR cars, but are generally slower in my hands. Still not making huge mistakes is always helpful so going to keep trying with the GT-R.

And that is me who's in the BMW M6 GT3. Not gonna lie you kept me in check which made me pushed the M6 to its limits.

I honestly thought the M6 GT3 seemed to be the go to car as the car is stable enough for a track like Sainte Croix B and it's quick enough too.

But in any case going to report my Daily Race B excursions (only did 2 because I did the qualifying time trial in order to ensure a good starting position).

First session - Used this opportunity as a get used to the track and the M6 GT3 as I barely used the car but I was confident that this should be the right car for the track. Started P7 and was able to finish at least P5 which was alright with me.

Second and last session (featuring the aforementioned user) - Started pole position and things got messy on the esses before the bridge as shown in this replay and that allowed the DBR9 user to gain two positions and kept P2 all the way to the finish.

The race from there was just all about keeping the pace up as mentioned, he kept me in check where a single mistake he can strike and take P1 away from me so I was focused on keeping the pace up. Luckily nothing bad happened and managed to get the win afterwards. Here's a vid of the race.

Awesome racing!

bow down all hail GIF by The Academy Awards

Congrats.

2 good races, 2 bad ones.
Went into B straight up. 14th to 14th with a poor qualy lap and a poor car choice.
Then to Race C. The Ferrari is really good here. Did a 1 stop. 13th to 7th. Car is much better in the race than qualy. I have another second or two to find. Fun clean race.
Then to A. Just nope. Car feels good to drive but just felt like I could go nowhere in the race. A South African punted me at the chicane lap 1. I was able to return the favour lap 3 but my car decided to spin too putting me to the back. The he went wide and span through Istanbul. I was happy to finish ahead except the car took exception to my line out of the chicane and I spun. First time I've rage quit in ages.
Went back into B in a better car choice. Qualified 6th. Finished 5th so I do have some pace here. Race B and C are both circuits I enjoy. Will try and get some more time on this week. :D

Looks like my secret gr.4 weapon is gonna get exposed at C this week. Looking forward to tomorrow when I get home from work.

@OJBrit, what rank lobbies are you in? Pleasantly surprised the one stop faired that well

And that is me who's in the BMW M6 GT3. Not gonna lie you kept me in check which made me pushed the M6 to its limits.

I honestly thought the M6 GT3 seemed to be the go to car as the car is stable enough for a track like Sainte Croix B and it's quick enough too.

But in any case going to report my Daily Race B excursions (only did 2 because I did the qualifying time trial in order to ensure a good starting position).

First session - Used this opportunity as a get used to the track and the M6 GT3 as I barely used the car but I was confident that this should be the right car for the track. Started P7 and was able to finish at least P5 which was alright with me.

Second and last session (featuring the aforementioned user) - Started pole position and things got messy on the esses before the bridge as shown in this replay and that allowed the DBR9 user to gain two positions and kept P2 all the way to the finish.

The race from there was just all about keeping the pace up as mentioned, he kept me in check where a single mistake he can strike and take P1 away from me so I was focused on keeping the pace up. Luckily nothing bad happened and managed to get the win afterwards. Here's a vid of the race.

Can't recall being in any other races with you. You definitely kept the turbo spooled. Couldn't get that DBR through any turns, to match the downforce of the GT3. Nice win. Nice :gtplanet: 1, 2. ;)

@OJBrit, what rank lobbies are you in? Pleasantly surprised the one stop faired that well
B/S I'm hovering around 20K currently. A few other people did it too. However I made up positions mainly as people are going for the 4x4's. Of course the front end tyre wear kicks in and the Degna's are catching people out. The wear is a bit more even in the 458 but the red was creeping on the fronts for me. I would have skated off on the last few laps I'm sure if I no stopped. Just felt more comfortable to attack the track rather than creep around.

I need an 'I'm sorry' Meme :lol:.
We also have gifs now :D
Sorry GIF

To be fair to me that notification never came through :P. But it's very kind of you, and you know I love the site already :D!
If you can think of anyone else who we haven't mentioned but also has a nice red shirt (GT-style, not Star Trek style) and is at least a semi-regular GTP users, feel free to nominate them too!

He made it to the recent World Series event.

View attachment 1071852
Must have really irritated the PD people that he didn’t wear the red shirt...

Tried one Race A this afternoon, in the top split. Started fifth, was leading at halfway, with a 1.5 sec lead, but frittered it away by making a mess of the last double-apex turns... which I’m usually really good thru, but in these road cars, have not found my marks yet.

But a fun race, hope to run some more tomorrow.

and: the boost level is so low on the old Silvia! Has to be the lowest boost of any turbocharged car! Those old turbos were not real effective I guess!

I'm satisfied with my first day of practice for Race C. Sitting at an 2:10.7XX so far, with an optimal at one point of 2:10.1XX. I feel a 2:09:XXX is possible with some optimal lines through the esses and getting through the Spoon Curve hitting both apexes properly. More practice tomorrow and I should be good to go for some races. I have tons of confidence in driving the Slophy so I'm not to worried about starting towards the back.

Not related to GT Sport, but I did see the World of Outlaws sprint cars Saturday in Weedsport, NY and it was awesome as always. Absolutely recommended to go see them if they are a reasonable distance to drive and check them out. Tons of videos online if you haven't seen them before.

Last edited:
I'm satisfied with my first day of practice for Race C. Sitting at an 2:10.7XX so far, with an optimal at one point of 2:10.1XX. I feel a 2:09:XXX is possible with some optimal lines through the esses and getting through the Spoon Curve hitting both apexes properly. More practice tomorrow and I should be good to go for some races. I have tons of confidence in driving the Slophy so I'm not to worried about starting towards the back.

Not related to GT Sport, but I did see the World of Outlaws sprint cars Saturday in Weedsport, NY and it was awesome as always. Absolutely recommended to go see them if they are a reasonable distance to drive and check them out. Tons of videos online if you haven't seen them before.
I don't think I've watched an Outlaws race since the days of my favourite American racecar driver of all time, Al Unser Jr was in it. I'll definitely search up some videos. I always forget how much stuff there is on youtube to get that nostalgia going.

@OJBrit what brake balance were you using on the 458? I hope to get a number of races in this week starting tomorrow and the Ferrari and Alfa Romeo are my top two choices to drive.

I don't think I've watched an Outlaws race since the days of my favourite American racecar driver of all time, Al Unser Jr was in it. I'll definitely search up some videos. I always forget how much stuff there is on youtube to get that nostalgia going.

@OJBrit what brake balance were you using on the 458? I hope to get a number of races in this week starting tomorrow and the Ferrari and Alfa Romeo are my top two choices to drive.
@Tidgney used the 458 in his weekly guide at Suzuka. He eventually shifted to BB 3 (Rear). No-stop but the tires were pretty worn by the end.

Damn, I was JUST getting used to the Atenza and starting to get some decent progress in the lap time department. It's only a small nerf but probably enough to mean I will struggle to improve my K time this week at Suzuka. :( On the plus side, that's going to be helpful in the next Gr.4 Manufacturers race in the Jaaaaaag.

He made it to the recent World Series event.

View attachment 1071852
He was OP in that Bugatti.

Well being MR in a tyre race I naturally set it to -2. I think that was a mistake. Suzuka eats tyres anyway. Tidge kept clicking his backwards and said +2 or +3 is best. I'm quite weary of + brake balances. I need more practice with them. Good luck.

Back