DRL Audi LMS Cup - Season 1 | Friday's 7pm BST | Enter Now!

• Thread starter DynamicGT
  • 146 comments
Ireland
Ireland
Hello, and welcome to the relaunch of DRL.​

After a refreshing break, the admin team have been working hard to get us back up and running. We've also had many suggestions from interested drivers for future series, with a new Formula X Championship coming soon also!

The first step right now is our new Audi LMS Cup Series. We felt this was the perfect time to make a comeback and to do it with our very own custom champiomship is even better.

This season will be an 8 round championship using the Audi R8 LMS Car with 2 races per round. Races will be held on Fridays at 7pm BST. The seasons start date is yet to be confirmed but we'll let you know once it's all finalised.

See you guys out on track soon!

Calendar:

Car- Audi R8 LMS GT3

PL- Dragon Trail Gardens I

R1- Nürburgring GP Circuit

R2- Autodromo Nationale Monza

R3
- Sainte-Croix Circuit C

R4- Brands Hatch Circuit

R5- Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace

R6- Suzuka GP Circuit

R7- Mount Panorama Circuit (Bathurst)

R8- Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)

*Subject to change at anytime*

Registration - S1 & 2
1.1. All drivers must fill in the sign up form below before they are vetted on whether or not they are eligible for participation.

1.2. All drivers will be asked whether or not they can commit to all rounds of the season. Drivers that cannot do so will be added to the reserve list.

1.3. All drivers must be a part of a team, as an owner/driver, or just as a driver.

1.4. Registration Format:

PSN ID:
Nationality:
Car Number:
Team:
Primary Sponsor:

2.1. All teams participating may use their own brand name of choice. The use of a real life team name is prohibited.
e.g (Red Bull Racing)

2.2. All teams must have at least 1 full time driver competing in a series at anyone time.

2.3. Reserve drivers will only gather constructor points for their respective teams that they are representing for that round.

Race Format - S3
3.1. Race Lobby will open at 6:40pm BST. Drivers may not enter the track until they are instructed to by an admin or the lobby host.

3.2. Qualifying will begin at 6:50pm BST and will last 10 minutes. Drivers who join the session once qualifying is over will start from the back of the grid. After qualifying the drivers must park in the designated parc fèrme spot for that round while the lobby host checks the times and settings.

3.3. Race 1 will start at 7:05pm BST and will be set to a duration of 30minutes. Once race 1 is finished and the results are gathered the ‘Top 8’ qualifiers will start from a reversed grid slot. This means that the driver who qualified on pole for race 1 will start race 2 from 8th and so on.

3.4. Race 2 will be set to a duration of 20mins. In order to be classified as a finisher a driver must complete at least 90% of the race relative to the leader. This applies to both race 1 and 2.

Lobby Settings - S4

4.1. Race Lobby will be labelled as “DRL ALMSC R1”

4.2. Lobby will be set to “Practice/Endurance”.

4.3. The starting procedure for each event will be a standing start so all drivers have the ability to see their grid stall before the actual race start.

4.4. Grid order will be initially set to “Fastest First” unless that lobby has to abandon an attempted start. From that point on, the lobby order will be determined via “Set by Host”.

4.5. Boost will not be utilized in any form in DRL championships.

4.6. Slipstream Strength will always be set to real for DRL championships.

4.7. Visible Damage will be turned on.

4.8. Mechanical Damage will always be set to “Heavy” for all DRL championships.

4.9. Tire wear will be set to x2.

4.10. Fuel Consumption will be set to x2.

4.11. Initial Fuel will be set to 50 liters.

4.12. Grip on Wet Track/Track Edge will always be set to “Real” for all DRL championships.

4.13. Race Finish Delay will be set to try matching the amount of time needed to complete a lap.

4.14. Category of cars allowed in the lobby will be preset to Gr.3.

4.15. In game automatic Balance of Performance will be turned off due to this being a one-make series.

4.16. Maximum Tire Rating will be be the compound that is determined for each race and posted in the calendar.

4.17. Minimum Tire Rating will be set to
compound that is determined for each race and posted in the calendar.

4.18. Ghosting During Race will be set to “None”.

4.19. Shortcut Penalty will be set to “None”.

4.20. Wall Collision Penalty will be set to “None”.

4.21. Side Contact Penalty will be set to “None”.

4.22. Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision will be turned off.

4.23. Replace Car at Course Out will be turned off.

4.24. Flag Rules will be turned on.

4.25. Countersteer Assist will not be allowed.

4.26. Active Stability Management will not be allowed.

4.27. Driving Line will not be allowed.

4.28. Traction Control will not be limited.

4.29. ABS will not be limited.

4.30. Auto Drive will not be allowed

Livery Rules - S5
5.1. Liveries that feature any offensive material are prohibited. If this rule is broken drivers will receive an automatic ban.

5.2. Drivers must use the ALMSC No. Boards & Font provided to them. Links to each decal can be found at the bottom of this thread.

5.3. All cars must use clear headlights.

5.4. Teams cannot use the same primary sponsor.

5.5. Pre-Season Sessions do not require a complete livery.

5.6. All drivers must have their countries flag on their rear wing end plates.

5.7. All cars must have Bridgestone tires with the Bridgestone decal located on the front and rear of the car.

5.8. Teams must use the same livery for both cars but may run different colours if they see fit.

5.9. Firesuits between teammates must be virtually identical outside of identification purposes, i.e Name and Number. Bridgestone logo must be located on the right breast of the suit.

5.9.1. Firesuits must match the team cars in some way.

5.9.2. Helmet designs are not going to be limited, but are encouraged to be unique and personalized for identification purposes.

Decal Links -
DRL ALMS No. Boards - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...gallery/all/decal/1682404/5837241332653916688

Font - https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/user/profile/1000830/gallery/decal

Penalties - S6
6.1. Events and issues that happen during the race can be met with post race time penalties. Each incident will be reviewed by the stewards before a penalty is given.

6.1.1. Crossing the pit entry line will result in a 5 second post race time penalty.

6.1.2. Repeated corner cutting will result in a 3 second post race time penalty.

6.1.3. Crossing the pit exit line will result in a 5 second post race time penalty.

6.1.4. Jumping the race start will result in a 10 second post race time penalty.

6.1.5. Passing unstricken cars under waved yellow flags will result in a 10 second post race time penalty.

6.1.6. Causing an avoidable collision will result in a 15 second post race time penalty.

6.1.7. Rejoining the racing surface dangerously will result in a 10 second time penalty.

6.1.8. Dangerously serving a penalty earned during the event will result in a 10 second post race time penalty.

6.1.9. Hitting another driver under Safety Car conditions will result in a 10 second post race time penalty.

6.1.10. Blocking cars ahead by a lap or more will result in a 10 second post race time penalty.

6.2. Other penalties awarded for off track issues will not result in a time penalty, but may be seen as more serious.

6.2.1. For the first offense of leaving a race session prematurely, a reprimand will be given to the driver in question.

6.2.2. For the second offense of leaving a race session prematurely, a one race suspension will be awarded.

6.2.3. For the third offense of leaving a race session prematurely, a two race suspension will be awarded.

6.2.4. For the fourth offense of leaving a race session prematurely, a four race suspension will be awarded.

6.2.4.1. Race suspensions apply only to the series the offense occurs.

6.2.4.2. Appeals can be made with sound reason as to why the voluntary forfeit occured.

6.2.5. Causing a deliberate collision with another car for any reason and with any end result will result in an automatic one race suspension.

6.2.5.1. The length of the suspension is left to the race steward to finalize on a per case basis.

6.2.6. Insulting a driver through prejudice or unfounded malice will result in a one race suspension once evidence is brought forward. An appeal will not be granted.

6.3. Drivers switching cars after the season has started will automatically be starting the following race at the rear of the entire field.

6.4. Appeals can be made to the stewards if a driver feels a penalty was unjustified.

Driver Etiquette - S7
7.1. You are not allowed to race or impede another competitor on their flying lap.

7.1.2. Overtaking must be done with atleast two wheels within the boundaries of the track. The boundaries of the track will be defined by the white solid line (this is important for the start/finish straight at Monza).

7.1.3. Only allowed one defensive move when defending from another competitor, but must leave a cars width to the edge of the track, when a significant portion of the attacking car is alongside the rear wheel of the defending car. (significant portion defined as front wing/nose/bumper).

Points System - S8
[Under Construction]

Follow DRL on Twitter
Join us on Discord

Last edited:
Driver Entry List:

@DynamicGT - #24 - Irish
@Mikhail24RD - #41 - American
@LineR32 - #76 - British
@Danny Morgan - #22 - British
@Jeremy Dimos - #66 - British
@PSN offapple - #9 - British
@Neyrox - #12- American
@Macboyilija - #77 - Dutch
@Sparkz_360 - #31 - British
@General_Edead - #72 - Scottish
@DennisDR - #14 - Belgain
@CrazyJohn - #25 - Greek
@Sailor3101 - #8
@Sniparator - #12

Team Entry List:

Dynamic Racing Team -
GReddy
@DynamicGT - #24
@Danny Morgan - #22

RoninGT -
Redexx Motor Oil
@LineR32 - #76

JD Racing - Kendricks Tea & Coffee
@Jeremy Dimos - #66

Nukeshot Motorsport - Pacific Coast
@PSN offapple - #9
@Neyrox - #12

Petkovski Racing - Petkovski
@Macboyilija - #77

Pacifica Racing - TBA*
@General_Edead - #72

ART Racing - Scotch & Soda
@DennisDR - #14

Virtual Endrunace Racing Team - Avin
@CrazyJohn - #25

Âsane Haribo Racing - Haribo
@Sailor3101 - #8

Last edited:
After having a conversation with some people in the community, I've realized it is probably in the best interest of DRL if I hold off on starting this series just yet and race with others first to learn what works the best. I'd be honoured if everyone who is signed up here would join me on my racing ventures elsewhere and learn with me so we all can learn and use what we learn to make DRL better. This series will still be starting fairly soon, but for the time being, I won't be placing a specific time frame on it yet until I feel comfortable. Drivers and teams are still welcome to join and help give us feedback. Thank you all.

- Regards, Brandon.

Last edited:
Season 1 Reminder: DRL Audi LMS Cup

Car - Audi R8 LMS

Race Length - 30mins

Tire Compounds- Soft & Medium

Tire Wear- X2

Fuel Wear- X2

Starting Fuel- 70L

Qauli Time- 15mins

Race Time- 30mins

Last edited:
Will be trying to get 2 drivers from my community to enter as Nukeshot Motorsport representatives.

Also, just saying that your starting date is a bit ambitious. Perhaps you could host a few open lobby days to gather members, or join large Gr.3 public lobbies and ask if anyone would be interested. That's how I started.

As you know, I've already advertised this series in my series' thread, but if there's anything else I can do to boost the numbers please let me know! :D

Will be trying to get 2 drivers from my community to enter as Nukeshot Motorsport representatives.

Also, just saying that your starting date is a bit ambitious. Perhaps you could host a few open lobby days to gather members, or join large Gr.3 public lobbies and ask if anyone would be interested. That's how I started.

As you know, I've already advertised this series in my series' thread, but if there's anything else I can do to boost the numbers please let me know! :D
Will do! Thanks again!

After having a conversation with some people in the community, I've realized it is probably in the best interest of DRL if I hold off on starting this series just yet and race with others first to learn what works the best. I'd be honoured if everyone who is signed up here would join me on my racing ventures elsewhere and learn with me so we all can learn and use what we learn to make DRL better. This series will still be starting fairly soon, but for the time being, I won't be placing a specific time frame on it yet until I feel comfortable. Drivers and teams are still welcome to join and help give us feedback. Thank you all.

- Regards, Brandon.

Very good decisions. You cannot easily start something so soon. People need to decide and make liveries so making a topic alive is a good idea. And then in time you can announce the date some weeks in advance. To me this would also work a lot better than suddenly decide.

And its also vacation time for many.

Back