Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Not sure but I hope that mine doesn't give in just yet. Still going strong although I worry that it will take off one day with the whirring sound the cooling fan is making right now. :)
Service guy said the PS3 is very good at sucking dust into the body and that's what causes all the problems.
On a hot day, if I don't have the AC running, the cooling fan goes into turbo mode and sounds like the fan on my car! I switch off and come back later once I've dropped the temp inside.
Funny thing is, I didn't have one little problem with my original PlayStation or PS2 and they copped an absolute flogging.

Service guy said the PS3 is very good at sucking dust into the body and that's what causes all the problems.
On a hot day, if I don't have the AC running, the cooling fan goes into turbo mode and sounds like the fan on my car! I switch off and come back later once I've dropped the temp inside.
Funny thing is, I didn't have one little problem with my original PlayStation or PS2 and they copped an absolute flogging.
Yes the PS2 was very good and it was small, on a hot day my PS3 sounds like hair dryer.

I taught myself how to pull it apart so I clean it once every couple months to keep the dust at bay since I live in the boonies with no asphalt or concrete around for miles! Fingers crossed I get another couple of years out of it!

Do you want to check this? I think you will find that I am now ahead of you. :) Your time is very good though. I am most impressed.
I gave my G29 on DC first tour event race another go with a few wheel setting changes, and wow I am only about 900 of a second behind that Danish rabbit, and I know where I am loosing time in a couple of corners, you better watch out @Soren Jacquet the rabbit hunter is coming :lol:.

Edit: I have gone pass that rabbit now and then I am after @chrisspeed281 :).

Last edited:
I gave my G29 on DC first tour event race another go with a few wheel setting changes, and wow I am only about 900 of a second behind that Danish rabbit, and I know where I am loosing time in a couple of corners, you better watch out @Soren Jacquet the rabbit hunter is coming :lol:.
image.png

:D

You finally got your wheel to work in DC? What was the solution? :)
I found a small cable coming from underneath the peddles was stuck under my racing frame and then I release it, I said to myself it would be funny if that was the problem and then I tried it on PS4 and it works. God only knows how it did work for the PS3 and not PS4, well I am happy now I found the problem :).

I found a small cable coming from underneath the peddles was stuck under my racing frame and then I release it, I said to myself it would be funny if that was the problem and then I tried it on PS4 and it works. God only knows how it did work for the PS3 and not PS4, well I am happy now I found the problem :).
Funny how eletronics work. I need to open up my DFGT it's thinking about retiring on me and like heck i'm gonna loose it right after my PS3 :odd:

DUCK SEASON!

@QRio_2011 Car of the month

A Spec Time Trial and Drift Seasonal Events (Updated 28/1/16)

The Crew™_20150318230816.jpg

Good morning folks. Good news! we have new seasonal races to earn some useful credits. How much fun these TTs will be is yet to be learned but I will take the credits none the less. If you find any cars in my garage which can get gold in these events, don't be shy about it, let us all know what you find.

Nascar Super Lap (620PP RH)
2013 Jeff Gordon 24 Chevrolet SS (627PP RH Road/ Twisty Track Setup)

Rear Wheel Drive Non-Race Car and tuned Car Super Lap (600PP RH)
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car (597PP SS)

Non-Race Car Drift Trial
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08 (Drift Seasonal Setup)
Ferrari 599 '06 (Drift Setup)
Jaguar XK-RS '11(598 CH) (Exeter GT Present)

Tuned Car & Race Car Drift Trial
AEM S2000 (Drift Seasonal Setup)
Honda S2000 LM Race Car (Drift Setup)
Toyota 86 "Racing" 13 (Drift Seasonal Setup)

Last edited:
Back